PDA

View Full Version : Webnews: Chiefs add Kevin Hogan, reportedly tried for Paxton Lync

Coach
04-30-2016, 04:00 PM
By Josh Alper (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/30/chiefs-add-kevin-hogan-reportedly-tried-for-paxton-lynch-in-first-round/)http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/503102812-e1462044566260.jpg?w=200&h=170&crop=1
After the Broncos traded up to take quarterback Paxton Lynch in the first round of the draft, Lynch’s agent Leigh Steinberg said in an interview on 104.3 The Fan in Denver that the Chiefs joined the Cowboys as teams that tried to land his client. The Chiefs had the 28th pick in the first round…
Read more… (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/30/chiefs-add-kevin-hogan-reportedly-tried-for-paxton-lynch-in-first-round/)

jason1981
04-30-2016, 04:14 PM
And people complain and say alex smith is game manager and yet this rookie is a career back up and the definition of a game manager. If you dont like alex smith then you cant be happy with tbis rookie a waste of pick.

Chiefs fanatic
04-30-2016, 04:56 PM
And people complain and say alex smith is game manager and yet this rookie is a career back up and the definition of a game manager. If you dont like alex smith then you cant be happy with tbis rookie a waste of pick.
I don't think he has starter potential but I think he can be a very effective backup for years to come. At the fifth round in the draft, that's about all you can hope for.

jason1981
04-30-2016, 06:23 PM
I don't think he has starter potential but I think he can be a very effective backup for years to come. At the fifth round in the draft, that's about all you can hope for.

Hes prolly another chase daniels. A career back up.

Frankenchief
04-30-2016, 11:13 PM
Yeay, when he wins the Super Bowl, the Chiefs will be renamed Hogan's Heroes.

I'm thrilled.

Seek
05-02-2016, 01:29 PM
I can't judge any player until they actually play in the NFL. How can some of you???

jason1981
05-02-2016, 02:11 PM
I can't judge any player until they actually play in the NFL. How can some of you???

Theres some players yoi dnt have to wait. He was compared to tyler palko and he doesnt hae a strong enough arm

Seek
05-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Then why did the chiefs waste a pick on him. They already have back up talent with Bray and Murray.

jason1981
05-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Then why did the chiefs waste a pick on him. They already have back up talent with Bray and Murray.

Thats exactly my frustration they reached on alot of thier picks. All The picks in the 4th round picks had 6th and 7th round grades. I dont see hogan beting murray out but agin im not high on murry either. I think bray will be our #2 and chiefs like him. Thwy gve him a 2 year extension last year after he was injured so i think that says thwy like bray.

Kcman
05-03-2016, 01:06 AM
To be honest I think we got a steal on hogan and to even see dak go before him was just crazy... The more I see the more I rly like in this kid !!! I think we might just have the diamond in the ruff ....

jason1981
05-03-2016, 08:47 AM
To be honest I think we got a steal on hogan and to even see dak go before him was just crazy... The more I see the more I rly like in this kid !!! I think we might just have the diamond in the ruff ....

Hogan is anoher tyler palko. Theirs no upside. He has a weaker arm the murray. I doubt he makes the team.

Seek
05-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Hogan is anoher tyler palko. Theirs no upside. He has a weaker arm the murray. I doubt he makes the team.
Palko just had the wrong coach under Reid he would have been a great back up, later traded to Houston for a 3rd rounder.

IN all seriousness. I don't think Reid cares about Arm Strength. He wants a Smart Accurate passer. His offense does not promote or require a gun slinger.

Bray is that guy. Athletic with he arm, but mentally a meat head. I know they gave him a new contract but it won't even dent the Chiefs cap letting him go. They have Draft value in Murray an Hogan. Both are game managing passers. Bray will be the odd man out.

jason1981
05-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Palko just had the wrong coach under Reid he would have been a great back up, later traded to Houston for a 3rd rounder.

IN all seriousness. I don't think Reid cares about Arm Strength. He wants a Smart Accurate passer. His offense does not promote or require a gun slinger.

Bray is that guy. Athletic with he arm, but mentally a meat head. I know they gave him a new contract but it won't even dent the Chiefs cap letting him go. They have Draft value in Murray an Hogan. Both are game managing passers. Bray will be the odd man out.

Hoganis tthat accurate.bray would have been #2 last year if it wasn't for his injury.

Seek
05-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Hoganis tthat accurate.bray would have been #2 last year if it wasn't for his injury.

That is your opinion, which I do no agree with even 1%. No way was Bray going to be the #2. He has shown absolutely nothing on the field to support that notion. I am not even sure how or when he got hurt and would tend to think his contract the Chiefs gave him was more of a compensation for going on he IR so the Chiefs didn't have to cut him.

jason1981
05-04-2016, 09:40 AM
That is your opinion, which I do no agree with even 1%. No way was Bray going to be the #2. He has shown absolutely nothing on the field to support that notion. I am not even sure how or when he got hurt and would tend to think his contract the Chiefs gave him was more of a compensation for going on he IR so the Chiefs didn't have to cut him.

Bray was go into be the #2 and they was going to let daniels go to save money. It's no secret the chiefs like bray.

Seek
05-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Again opinion. Murray was the one who showed he could be the back up if they cut Daniel for a cap savings with Bray as 3rd string. They factually liked Daniel since they gave him so much money. They also like Murray as they kept him on the team. And they draft another QB this year. So someone is on the out.

Based on actual game experience and pre-season performance. Bray has done absolutely nothing to warrant a roster spot.

jason1981
05-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Again opinion. Murray was the one who showed he could be the back up if they cut Daniel for a cap savings with Bray as 3rd string. They factually liked Daniel since they gave him so much money. They also like Murray as they kept him on the team. And they draft another QB this year. So someone is on the out.

Based on actual game experience and pre-season performance. Bray has done absolutely nothing to warrant a roster spot.

They drafted murray after bray was already injured. And its was already reported that the chief liked bray to be the backup before they drafted Murray and then he injured his knee. So again Murray wasnt goingto be the back up.

jason1981
05-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Pluswhy would anyonebe excited about murray or hogan? You guys complain about alex smith saying he's a game manager and Murray and hogan at best would only he a game Manger with limited throws. Contradicting. I don't see Murray or hogan ever doing much in the NFL except career backup.

Seek
05-05-2016, 08:31 AM
They drafted murray after bray was already injured. And its was already reported that the chief liked bray to be the backup before they drafted Murray and then he injured his knee. So again Murray wasnt goingto be the back up.

Find me that report. I have heard no such thing other than biased opinions here. Cause there was no report of the Chiefs letting Daniel go other than speculating reporters trying to make a story.

Bray was listed as the 4th QB on the depth chart until he mysteriously got injured.

Seek
05-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Pluswhy would anyonebe excited about murray or hogan? You guys complain about alex smith saying he's a game manager and Murray and hogan at best would only he a game Manger with limited throws. Contradicting. I don't see Murray or hogan ever doing much in the NFL except career backup.

You have never heard me complain about Alex. FACT. Bray was passed over because of his interviews with the teams. The reports were he lacked the ability to understand defenses and was arrogant. Include that with his Gun Slinger attitude and inconsistencies in throwing they didn't think he mentally had what it took.

So far that it what he has shown me in pre-season. He is the opposite of Alex. A back up is a person who will come in and pick up right where the starter left off. That is not Bray. No Way he was slotted as the #2.

jason1981
05-05-2016, 10:08 AM
You have never heard me complain about Alex. FACT. Bray was passed over because of his interviews with the teams. The reports were he lacked the ability to understand defenses and was arrogant. Include that with his Gun Slinger attitude and inconsistencies in throwing they didn't think he mentally had what it took.

So far that it what he has shown me in pre-season. He is the opposite of Alex. A back up is a person who will come in and pick up right where the starter left off. That is not Bray. No Way he was slotted as the #2.

Hogan or murray will never be a starter. The will be career backups. And yes i heard stuff about bray but hes had what 2 or 3 seasons now with 1 bei g on ir. So im hoping he has learned mentally cuz you cam teach plqyers the mental aspect but you cant teach physical traits like tou cqn mental. There was reports right around the time he got injured.

Seek
05-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Hogan or murray will never be a starter. The will be career backups. And yes i heard stuff about bray but hes had what 2 or 3 seasons now with 1 bei g on ir. So im hoping he has learned mentally cuz you cam teach plqyers the mental aspect but you cant teach physical traits like tou cqn mental. There was reports right around the time he got injured.

To be fair, just as I am critical. I have never seen any of the three Qbs play to make any decision on what they will be. Bray may be a QBOTF, but who says Murray an Hogan won't be starters before even seeing them play. The NFL is full of QB's like Murray and Hogan. To count them out before proven isn't fair. I am not counting out Bray. I just haven't seen anything to support your strong opinion of him. I like having 4 QB's that are worth talking about. But right now Bray is Brodie Croyle 2.0.

Chiefs4life24
05-05-2016, 01:02 PM
I dont put much stock in who a rookie is compared to its not fair to the rookie to do that

jason1981
05-05-2016, 02:19 PM
I just dont want a qb with a noodle arm. My favorite qb to watch was brett favre. He might have thrown some interceptions but was he dun to watch to play and had some passion and tough as nails. When he would play against the chiefs i was worried when ot cme to the 4th quarter. He was at his best when it comes to comebacks. Him and tom brady are the top two with the final drive with the game on the line. In my opinion

Kcman
05-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Lol very true seek.... wish Murray had bray arm lol

bill444
05-05-2016, 06:01 PM

logic--the bray experiment is over. Murray is backup ready and Hogan makes a very good 3rd stringer--with ability to play in a pinch due to experience in WC system. saves money--no vet to sign.

jason1981
05-05-2016, 07:03 PM
logic--the bray experiment is over. Murray is backup ready and Hogan makes a very good 3rd stringer--with ability to play in a pinch due to experience in WC system. saves money--no vet to sign.

Logic? Whoever said the chiefs were high on Murray. Iv hurd their high on bray but never murray. Dont confuse logic with wishful thinking on your part. Where did they say the experiment with bray is over? Can you post a link to your statement?
Im waiting?

Im still waiting?

Thats right. You cant cua its not a fact. You dont know who we will keep. You will believe whatever you want to believe. But until they cut someone or come out and tell you then your just speculating on whqt you think which makes it an opinion not a fact.

jason1981
05-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Il drop the mic now. Lol

Seek
05-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Logic? Whoever said the chiefs were high on Murray. Iv hurd their high on bray but never murray. Dont confuse logic with wishful thinking on your part. Where did they say the experiment with bray is over? Can you post a link to your statement?
Im waiting?

Im still waiting?

Thats right. You cant cua its not a fact. You dont know who we will keep. You will believe whatever you want to believe. But until they cut someone or come out and tell you then your just speculating on whqt you think which makes it an opinion not a fact.

The only time I have heard anything positive about Bray is when Reid is specifically asked about him and why was he going on IR. To put that in comparison. Reid said a lot of great things about AJ Jenkins after they cut him. That is who Andy is. He always talks up his players when asked specifically about them.

To me. Both Murray an Bray are not in the plans of being a starter and one is on the block.

Seek
05-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Il drop the mic now. Lol

Drop the mic as in dropping he discussion or because you think you killed it with a great response? Your response was great response to your own wishful thinking of Bray. FACT. Reid likes dink and dunks. Smith, Murray an Hogan fit that role. Bray does not.

jason1981
05-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Drop the mic as in dropping he discussion or because you think you killed it with a great response? Your response was great response to your own wishful thinking of Bray. FACT. Reid likes dink and dunks. Smith, Murray an Hogan fit that role. Bray does not.

I just wanted to say that. I always hear that phrase so ihad to throw it in there. It was just for fun. And yeah no one really knows what qb they like really. Im hoping bray can prove himself. He can make more throws. Murray and hogan they will have to anticipate alot of throws and time them where bray can sling it if he sees a guy open all of a sudden and he get get the ball there u like murray and hogan. I just dont like seeing balls being lobbed or floated when thrown cuz if a defender has any quickness they can get to the ball and snag them if its floated in there.

jason1981
05-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Also its easier to defend against qbs who depend on floating and anticipating throws cuz ll they hve to do is jam the recievers to throw off their timing.

Eydugstr
05-06-2016, 03:41 PM

While it's true that Bray needs to prove himself...There's nothing that stays that Reid is "stuck" with the idea of dink and dunk QB's. There was nothing dink or dunk about Michael Vick, and Reid still took a chance on him, the same way they took a chance on Bray as an UDFA. Time will tell.

NickheadKCAU
05-09-2016, 06:51 AM

pot kettle black on the mental aspect, and you are wrong about both categories.

you can teach anyone anything, whether or not they retain and maintain, that is the question.

NickheadKCAU
05-09-2016, 06:54 AM
I just wanted to say that. I always hear that phrase so ihad to throw it in there. It was just for fun. And yeah no one really knows what qb they like really. Im hoping bray can prove himself. He can make more throws. Murray and hogan they will have to anticipate alot of throws and time them where bray can sling it if he sees a guy open all of a sudden and he get get the ball there u like murray and hogan. I just dont like seeing balls being lobbed or floated when thrown cuz if a defender has any quickness they can get to the ball and snag them if its floated in there.

you have to have good receivers in order to 'zing' it in there. as well, you have to have speedy receivers to stretch the field.

the chiefs have had neither lately... correction... ever!!

jason1981
05-09-2016, 09:53 AM
pot kettle black on the mental aspect, and you are wrong about both categories.

you can teach anyone anything, whether or not they retain and maintain, that is the question.

You cant teach physical stuff. You cant make someone faster or have a stronger or more accurate they either hve the speed or eye sight or cordintion to throw the ball excactly where you want it. You can teach wome little things tht my help yeah but my point its easier to to teach the mental over the physical part.

bill444
05-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Im waiting?

Im still waiting?

well--why don't you tell me what you think it it means--so I can get all pi$$y.

jason1981
05-11-2016, 08:20 PM
well--why don't you tell me what you think it it means--so I can get all pi$$y.

I'll pass.

JPPT1974
05-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Well at least Alex Smith keeps his job for 2016!

jason1981
05-12-2016, 01:12 AM
Damn watchi g that highlight reel for alex smith 81st in the top 100 makes me want football to start. I watched that last play over and over again.

Kcman
05-12-2016, 01:18 AM
Lol jppt1974.......... I think some of you have forgot joe Montana didn't have strong arm at all... But he always put the ball were it needed to be and was very tuff guy back when u could hit a qb <~~~ I do have faith in Murray to take number 2 spot he already clicked up with Conley ... I don't no about u all but I'm rdy for a damb Super Bowl this year!! I pray they get this CB thing down... Pray for petters 2pO lol... Trust me if u been a kc fan as long as me I know you want this bad!!!