PDA

View Full Version : i thought this was a discussion board, not a deletion board...

NickheadKCAU
05-31-2016, 04:19 PM
one thing that will keep people from coming here, is keep deleting good threads.

jason1981
05-31-2016, 05:44 PM
What are you talking about?

NickheadKCAU
05-31-2016, 08:26 PM
only the moderator that has once again deleted a thread i post, and once again, without explanation, can answer that question.

jason1981
05-31-2016, 10:11 PM
only the moderator that has once again deleted a thread i post, and once again, without explanation, can answer that question.

Are you sure its just not on the second page or a duplicate thread thats similar to another thread?

NickheadKCAU
05-31-2016, 11:11 PM
i cannot find the thread titled :It should be mandatory for all NFL teams to...

(i posted it last night, so its not like forum slide is the culprit.)

matthewschiefs
06-01-2016, 01:19 AM
I would suggest sending coach a private message. Might be a better way to handle it. Might be a bug or something that he needs to no about. Forums can get that way sometimes.

ctchiefsfan
06-01-2016, 03:05 AM
NickheadKCAU...

No offense intended by this post at all. Honestly. You are a good and valued contributor here. But I've been here a good while and I have never found the mods or admin to be "heavy handed". If you ask yourself honestly, is it just maybe possible that you fumble-fingered the keyboard? God knows I have done it plenty of times. Or as matthewchiefs and others suggested, is it possible that this was just a bug in the board software? Or perhaps your thread never actually got posted...for unknown reasons? Again, no offense, but there have been many threads here that I thought had gotten "out of hand" but the mods and admin have let them run. This place ain't a bar-fight but I've just never seen heavy-handed mods here. In addition, on the 2 occasions where I personally went a bit over the top and had 2 posts deleted I got a "warning" from admin.

I'm just saying that maybe it's just possible that there is an explanation other than heavy-handed mods or admin? Could that maybe be the case?

Kind regards...CTC

NickheadKCAU
06-01-2016, 03:44 AM
naw, this isnt the first time.

the last deleted thread i had, at the time, was an april fools joke.

talked to coach about it, and he didnt realize it was april fools day.

i get that,

but the thread that i posted, last night my time, was posted. and has been deleted.

i would just like that when things are deleted (IMO, should be moved to a subforum), there was some notification to the poster the mod decided to offend.

i know another time, and when i pointed it out on the board, no one stepped up.

i will say, not that it matters in the grand scheme of internets, i can easily find another board.

i may be crass at times, and maybe too far out there in some ways, but some common decency and respect should be floated around from time to time.

its not like this place rake in thousands of dollars...

as coach states, its just a hobby.

so in summary, make an all topic subforum, and move them rather than delete them.

(especially during the offseason, ive mentioned before about a recipe section too)

anyways, am off to cook tea.

NickheadKCAU
06-01-2016, 04:36 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php/25501-someone-should-fix-this-forum

ctchiefsfan
06-01-2016, 01:39 PM

i get that,

but the thread that i posted, last night my time, was posted. and has been deleted.

i would just like that when things are deleted (IMO, should be moved to a subforum), there was some notification to the poster the mod decided to offend.

i will say, not that it matters in the grand scheme of internets, i can easily find another board.

i may be crass at times, and maybe too far out there in some ways, but some common decency and respect should be floated around from time to time.

so in summary, make an all topic subforum, and move them rather than delete them.

(especially during the offseason, ive mentioned before about a recipe section too)

OK...I take you at your word.

Having not seen the thread I can't comment on whether there was anything that (in my unimportant opinion) was worthy of deletion and of course I don't even know all the rules here but I want you to know that (again in my unimportant opinion) I think you are an excellent contributor here and I have never seen you post anything even vaguely offensive.

Any case...."Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." :)

Best...CTC.

jason1981
06-01-2016, 06:07 PM

i get that,

Lioe chiefsfan said theres usually a reaon why its deleted and they will usually email you to notify yo the reason. I got 2 threads deleted before. One was a prank posting false info just to trying to pulll an april fools joke in tue middle of summer and then another one i think may have been offensive. Its been a year or o ao i cant remember but each time they notified me and explained it. Thy say all our new threads show up on a web search and dont want us to be starting threads that lead false info and ruins the credibility of the news on this site. Some thing along those lines. But offensive or false info i think the only reasons the mods would step in. But either way it might be just a glich and no reason to call anyone out. I believe i have ran into you in other threads and you can be a lil agressive in your statements though i might be getting you mixed up but its never a good idea to call a mod out when you dont know what happened. Just email him privately and ask him. Like chiefsfan said they dont usually step in unless it gets offensive or stating false news.

NickheadKCAU
06-01-2016, 11:25 PM
cant email a mod if i dont know who did the deleting.

it was a thread about making two things mandatory in the nfl, all stadiums must upgrade to solar power, and all fields should be made of natural grass, indoors and out. (player safety)

jason1981
06-02-2016, 01:31 PM
cant email a mod if i dont know who did the deleting.

it was a thread about making two things mandatory in the nfl, all stadiums must upgrade to solar power, and all fields should be made of natural grass, indoors and out. (player safety)

Im not sure bt i dont think theres alot of mods. Ask coach.

Coach
06-03-2016, 06:27 AM
If a thread was deleted, it would have been me. I don't like deleting threads for multiple reasons. Generally I don't delete anything that isn't offensive. If the thread was truly about solar power and turf football fields it doesn't seem like something that I would have deleted. Please keep in mind this forum is for posts about Chiefs football. We also have the lockerroom forum for stuff like this. Or you can PM me. The threads created in this forum also create front page stories/content for the site. So when you post a thread like this in the Hardcore Chiefs forum, you've just created a front page story that gets sent to many news feeds that has NOTHING to do with the Chiefs. That's a poor reflection on the site in general for multiple reasons. So I kindly request you post complaint threads somewhere else or send them in a PM.

Chiefster
06-04-2016, 03:04 AM
If a thread was deleted, it would have been me. I don't like deleting threads for multiple reasons. Generally I don't delete anything that isn't offensive. If the thread was truly about solar power and turf football fields it doesn't seem like something that I would have deleted. Please keep in mind this forum is for posts about Chiefs football. We also have the lockerroom forum for stuff like this. Or you can PM me. The threads created in this forum also create front page stories/content for the site. So when you post a thread like this in the Hardcore Chiefs forum, you've just created a front page story that gets sent to many news feeds that has NOTHING to do with the Chiefs. That's a poor reflection on the site in general for multiple reasons. So I kindly request you post complaint threads somewhere else or send them in a PM.

I can say that Coach and all the mods here have worked hard to ensure an enjoyable environment in which to discuss Chiefs football. Board leadership takes very seriously their roles and do not arbitrarily remove threads for the fun of it or for personal reasons. The Leadership here is objective and fair minded. So, for the reasons indicated by Coach I will be moving this thread to the "Locker Room" where discussion of this topic, if any, can be conducted in the confines of that forum where it belongs and not continually bumped here.

matthewschiefs
06-04-2016, 03:20 AM
I can say that Coach and all the mods here have worked hard to ensure an enjoyable environment in which to discuss Chiefs football. Board leadership takes very seriously their roles and do not arbitrarily remove threads for the fun of it or for personal reasons. The Leadership here is objective and fair minded. So, for the reasons indicated by Coach I will be moving this thread to the "Locker Room" where discussion of this topic, if any, can be conducted in the confines of that forum where it belongs and not continually bumped here.

So is this where I should moon the mods?

NickheadKCAU
06-04-2016, 07:42 AM
im okay with moving the thread, but am not okay with the mod that deleted the thread not stepping up and splainin' things.

jason1981
06-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Dude your picking a fight. Coach just said hes would have been the one who deletes them. He explained it out to you. If you cant comprehend then maybe you shoukd find another forum. You seem like you just want to argue. If not lewrn how to read what someone tells you and then let it go.

Coach
06-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Absolutely, if you look like this:
https://traceylouise.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/img_0072.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://42b86745-298c-4414-8dd0-4ad27f9e34db/imagejpeg

Chiefster
06-04-2016, 02:06 PM

Yep!

Absolutely, if you look like this:
https://traceylouise.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/img_0072.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://42b86745-298c-4414-8dd0-4ad27f9e34db/imagejpeg

Dude! I told you not to share that picture of my wife!

matthewschiefs
06-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Yep!

Dude! I told you not to share that picture of my wife!

DUDE

you stay away from my wife

Chiefs4life24
06-04-2016, 08:42 PM
On another note how bout them Royals huh matthews? Makes you wanna jump ship doesn't it, you will come to the dark side

matthewschiefs
06-04-2016, 10:37 PM
On another note how bout them Royals huh matthews? Makes you wanna jump ship doesn't it, you will come to the dark side

I good with my

1ST PLACE CLEVELAND INDIANS

Thank you

Chiefs4life24
06-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Why would you like the tributes to slaughter?

Chiefster
06-05-2016, 12:58 AM
DUDE

you stay away from my wife

Ha! In your dreams!