PDA

View Full Version : LG Spot possibly won

Chiefs4life24
06-17-2016, 04:56 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/6/17/11962560/chiefs-offensive-line-has-a-leader-at-left-guard

Chiefs Offensive line has a leader at Left Guard

By Joel Thorman

The Kansas City Chiefs Offensive line battle doesn't seem like much of a battle. The team has kept mostly the same offensive line over the past 3 weeks.

"Yeah, I think I feel pretty good about it," Andy Reid said of his offensive line, via quotes from the Chiefs. "Again, Lets see them hit and bang it around a little bit, see how they do in games. But I think we have a nucleus there that's good."

That would be LT Eric Fisher, LG Parker Ehinger, C Mitch Morse, RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, RT Mitch Schwartz.

That means rookie Parker Ehinger appears to be leading at Left Guard. Early on, Zach Fulton was there. Emphasis on Leading, not already won.

"I'd even stretch it right into the two-deep," Reid continued, I'm feeling pretty good about that. And then we'll see about the other guys as we go,"

Holy crap,when was the last time the Chiefs weren't changing the offensive line around? It feels like there's always something undecided on the line. And now Reid likes the backups too? These are strange ties we're living in.

For Real though, Let's get the pads on. Andy Reid is an o-line expert so I do trust that he can tell a good o-linemen from a bad one but let's see how they do when they can actually hit each other.

I don't know about you guys but personally i would like to see Jah Reid at RG instead of LDT and have LDT and Fulton as the swings

Seek
06-17-2016, 05:02 PM
Still need to see them going full speed with pads on against top talent. Good to here though.

jason1981
06-17-2016, 05:47 PM
Still need to see them going full speed with pads on against top talent. Good to here though.

Yeah i agree. Lets wait to see when the pads come on. But also i would like to see rheid play rg as well. Our oline was its best whenhe was playing last year.

Chiefs4life24
06-17-2016, 06:55 PM
can you imagine how good this line would be with Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Reid and Schwartz good god that would be awesome

matthewschiefs
06-17-2016, 07:58 PM
Don't think any spot is won yet. Spots are won in Camp. You can get a great start at this point but no spot is won pre camps

Chiefs4life24
06-17-2016, 08:05 PM
The only spot that needs to be nailed down now is RG and Jah Reid is that man

rodu
06-17-2016, 09:51 PM
How much RG did Reid play last year?

Chiefs4life24
06-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Mainly LG, but he is more than capable of doing it

Seek
06-20-2016, 08:21 AM
I thought he played RT?

Chiefs4life24
06-20-2016, 11:45 AM
Reid played LG and RT last season and he is the best candidate for the RG spot

rodu
06-20-2016, 03:19 PM
Reid played LG and RT last season and he is the best candidate for the RG spot

if that were the case, he would be with the starters over the Frenchman

jason1981
06-20-2016, 06:44 PM
if that were the case, he would be with the starters over the Frenchman

He mostly played rt but when the injuries bug hit us at guard he moved to guard and did perty well i thought. I thought our like looked its best when he was in the lineup no matter where he lined up.

Chiefs4life24
06-20-2016, 06:55 PM
I just think LDT is still a year away from being NFL ready, he has a huge ceiling and upside, but Reid is better at Guard. The best line we could have would be Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Reid and Schwartz

milkman
07-06-2016, 10:50 AM
I just think LDT is still a year away from being NFL ready, he has a huge ceiling and upside, but Reid is better at Guard. The best line we could have would be Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Reid and Schwartz

LDT made huge strides from year one to year two.
In the preseason, while still working at LG, where he worked exclusively in year one, he looked like the best lineman on this team.
He struggled with the transition form left to right, which isn't nearly as easy for an experienced lineman as many think, to some degree.
If he makes the same strides from year two to year three, he will easily be the best guard on this roster, and it won't be close.

Seek
07-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Anyone else concerned about Morse and his concussions?

Chiefs4life24
07-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I am If we lose Morse we are in deep trouble

ctchiefsfan
07-07-2016, 11:49 PM
LDT made huge strides from year one to year two.
In the preseason, while still working at LG, where he worked exclusively in year one, he looked like the best lineman on this team.
He struggled with the transition form left to right, which isn't nearly as easy for an experienced lineman as many think, to some degree.
If he makes the same strides from year two to year three, he will easily be the best guard on this roster, and it won't be close.

I sincerely hope you are right.

jason1981
07-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Anyone else concerned about Morse and his concussions?

Not yet. If he has another one this years i wouldnt consider him a long term answer for his own sake.