PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs vs Packers

hollasin
09-03-2016, 08:38 AM
https://youtu.be/q3aafTRZFt4

ctchiefsfan
09-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Thanks for posting this hollasin! Having read a lot of different versions of how well--or poorly--Bray played I especially wanted to see his play for myself so I could form my own opinions. Watching now!

ctchiefsfan
09-05-2016, 01:51 PM
I especially wanted to watch the first half of this game to get a good idea of how Bray did. I got to watch it Saturday thanks to hollasin and I watched every pass Bray threw very carefully. Most of them I watched several times. All in all, I was pretty impressed with Bray. Of his incompletions I thought at least 3 of them were catchable. They weren't "right on the money", but IMO the receiver should have been able to haul it in. There were a couple of incompletions where from the camera angle I just couldn't tell and there were a couple that were just wildly overthrown. That's the good part. The bad part is that many of his completions were were not very accurate. They tended to be either way low or way high. All in all I am comfortable with him as our #3 QB and wouldn't have a problem with him as the #2 next year.

hollasin
09-05-2016, 02:26 PM
I especially wanted to watch the first half of this game to get a good idea of how Bray did. I got to watch it Saturday thanks to hollasin and I watched every pass Bray threw very carefully. Most of them I watched several times. All in all, I was pretty impressed with Bray. Of his incompletions I thought at least 3 of them were catchable. They weren't "right on the money", but IMO the receiver should have been able to haul it in. There were a couple of incompletions where from the camera angle I just couldn't tell and there were a couple that were just wildly overthrown. That's the good part. The bad part is that many of his completions were were not very accurate. They tended to be either way low or way high. All in all I am comfortable with him as our #3 QB and wouldn't have a problem with him as the #2 next year.

I've only had a chance to watch the first half and mainly watched the defense. Murray and White seem much more comfortable and fluid on the field this game. First few games they seemed to be thinking instead of reaction to football. Hopefully that's a positive sign and they become part of the secondary and turn a position of unknown into a strength

ctchiefsfan
09-06-2016, 12:44 AM
I've only had a chance to watch the first half and mainly watched the defense. Murray and White seem much more comfortable and fluid on the field this game. First few games they seemed to be thinking instead of reaction to football. Hopefully that's a positive sign and they become part of the secondary and turn a position of unknown into a strength

With Houston out for at least 6 weeks, I suspect the secondary is going to be the key to our season. Thank you for your insight into what you saw watching the defense.

Seek
09-06-2016, 01:09 PM
Here is the thing I noticed about Bray. If he would just sit down and run the offense and quit trying to hit a long one every 3 plays. He could be a serviceable QB. He looked horrid the first 9 passing plays and then settled down and took what the defense gave him and he looked very good.

I still don't the QB of he Future talks. Once he settled down that game, that is the first and only time he looked like he was capable of being a Back Up. He did that against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

ctchiefsfan
09-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Here is the thing I noticed about Bray. If he would just sit down and run the offense and quit trying to hit a long one every 3 plays. He could be a serviceable QB. He looked horrid the first 9 passing plays and then settled down and took what the defense gave him and he looked very good.

I still don't the QB of he Future talks. Once he settled down that game, that is the first and only time he looked like he was capable of being a Back Up. He did that against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Seek....I hear what you are saying about the "bombs away" stuff, but isn't it possible that Reid told him to throw those if there was any chance of completing them? It wasn't an actual game so nothing was at stake. Pre-season is all about evaluating players and perhaps Reid wanted to evaluate Bray's ability to gauge the viability of trying to complete a long pass.

Seek
09-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Seek....I hear what you are saying about the "bombs away" stuff, but isn't it possible that Reid told him to throw those if there was any chance of completing them? It wasn't an actual game so nothing was at stake. Pre-season is all about evaluating players and perhaps Reid wanted to evaluate Bray's ability to gauge the viability of trying to complete a long pass.

It is possible, and they must have had him try that every game he plays. Even then he continue to fail to run the offense, until his last two series. I mean other than those two series. He looked aweful.