PDA

View Full Version : Will They Be Gone Anyway?

kenny1937
12-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Both LJ and Tony Gonzalez are playing in the Pro. Bowl, and with another Pro-Bowl selection, Tony's worth has increased. Contract talks with both Tony and LJ have stalled, and the Chiefs might try to revive the contract talks with both players in the coming days. Tony is scheduled to become an unrestrcted free agent after this season and Johnson could be one after next season. With so many teams flush with dollars, Tony could hit the mother lode, and so could Johnson.

As the situation stands, I hope that Mr. Peterson is doing his home work, losing your one two punch without a chance to improve the team would be not good, I have my fingers crossed.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

Guru
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Don't read too much into that SI article about talks being stalled. They are just fanning and ember that does not even exist yet.

chief31
12-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Let them go. The offense is gone. Start over. Get something for them, if we can, and get to work on a new offense. (as much as I hate the prospect of a Herm Edwards offense,)

Guru
12-23-2006, 03:07 AM
If we can pull off some sort of Hershel Walker type trade, I am all for it. But only in that situation.

kenny1937
12-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately the only thing that management will pull off is their stockings at night, that, they (hoefully) know how to do. We are in this situation and others like it year after year, ojt means you learn from your past mistakes, not continually make them. We will probably lose them and be no better off, or worse off, it is enough to make a grown man cry.
I hope that I am wrong and we get a great team next year, but going on the track record of this management, I will not hold my breath.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders (an hour from now)!!

wolfpack
12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
like you said,LJ`s contract isn`t up till next year. trade him for some high picks. he has to be worth atleast a 1 and a high 2. dont break the bank on Gonzo. we have to many holes to fill. this next year like it or not is rebuilding time.

kenny1937
12-26-2006, 12:24 PM
I wish I had the confidence that management can rebuild anything, to win consistently we have to have a balanced team, as was mentioned in a post somewhere, and this is something that doesn't seem to happen. We fix the Offense at the expense of the Defense, and vice versa.
Shore up both, anyone can see that both have room for improvement, do the job, balance the team, and watch the Chiefs circle the NFL!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Jaguars!!

Chiefster
12-26-2006, 02:54 PM
wolfpack wrote:
like you said,LJ`s contract isn`t up till next year. trade him for some high picks. he has to be worth atleast a 1 and a high 2. dont break the bank on Gonzo. we have to many holes to fill. this next year like it or not is rebuilding time.

We've been in a rebuilding mode 8 out of the last 9 seasons; it's gettin a bit old.

Chiefster
12-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Guru wrote:
Don't read too much into that SI article about talks being stalled. They are just fanning and ember that does not even exist yet.

Yep; that's kinda what they do.

kenny1937
12-27-2006, 12:34 AM
C'mon, you all know that the good people at SI wouldn't do a thing like that, they are journalistic experts, don't cha know! (grin) :lol: :lol:

wolfpack
12-27-2006, 11:08 AM
they need to dump,hicks,wesley,simms,turly,bell,hall. there is awhole lot more but i dont have the time to type 25 to 40 names. they have said we are rebuilding for 6 to 10 years,well rebuild right. i could take acouple of losing years to get better. atleast you aren`t teased that way.

kenny1937
12-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Yep, they tease us year after year, and there comes a point when teasing becomes downright infuriating, good opinion, wolfpack.

Chiefster
12-27-2006, 09:23 PM
wolfpack wrote:
they need to dump,hicks,wesley,simms,turly,bell,hall. there is awhole lot more but i dont have the time to type 25 to 40 names. they have said we are rebuilding for 6 to 10 years,well rebuild right. i could take acouple of losing years to get better. atleast you aren`t teased that way.

Agreed!

kenny1937
12-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Well in the off season there is always (grin) Arena Ball.

Chiefster
12-28-2006, 05:30 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Well in the off season there is always (grin) Arena Ball.

It's how I survive in the off season, that and NFL Europe.

wolfpack
12-29-2006, 10:36 AM
i never got into arena ball, nfl europe not to bad. i usually just pop in a tape of a old chiefs game. the draft at my house is kinda a big thing. as soon as they draft one of my boys usually call and we either praise the draft choice(rare) or bit@h at it.

Chiefster
12-29-2006, 11:08 AM
wolfpack wrote:
i never got into arena ball, nfl europe not to bad. i usually just pop in a tape of a old chiefs game. the draft at my house is kinda a big thing. as soon as they draft one of my boys usually call and we either praise the draft choice(rare) or bit@h at it.

Yeah , I go to my mom and dads house and drive my mom nuts with it. :lol:

kenny1937
12-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Chiefster wrote:

wolfpack wrote:

Yeah , I go to my mom and dads house and drive my mom nuts with it. :lol:

I know them Chiefster, I don't think they mind to much, good fans just hope for a good draft every year, this draft is no different.

wolfpack
12-31-2006, 11:31 AM
they`ll resign LJ,he`s a hermie type of runner.as far as the draft,unless we get lucky,ala DJ or move up, we will have to draft best player on board. there isnt very many top OT`S,DT`S or WR to choose from. we always seem to win just enough games to pick high up.

kenny1937
12-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Yep, and we need a wise balanced draft, it will be interesting to see who and what position they go after.

Chiefster
12-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Agreed!