PDA

View Full Version : 4 down, 6 to go.

ctchiefsfan
12-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Our Chiefs have swept the Raiders, beaten Denver in Denver and beaten the Chargers. 3 more wins and we win the AFC West! Then 3 more wins and we are Super Bowl Champions! We don't win "pretty". We just WIN! THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!

NJChiefs
12-10-2016, 09:55 AM
Although we have been pretty good away, it sure would be nice to have home field. So if the Ravens were able to upset the Patsies on Monday, would we then have the edge over the Pats for home field advantage?

TopekaRoy
12-10-2016, 12:22 PM
... if the Ravens were able to upset the Patsies on Monday, would we then have the edge over the Pats for home field advantage?

I don't think so. We would be tied in overall record and conference record. They would have the edge on record against common opponents because they beat Houston and Pittsburgh, who we lost to. We have the edge on strength of schedule victories, but I think that tie breaker comes after common opponents.

N TX Dave
12-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Not sure we would have the same record also have the same conference record. Oakland had a better conference record but are now tied with us and NE if the Ravens beat them 7-2.

TopekaRoy
12-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Not sure we would have the same record also have the same conference record. Oakland had a better conference record but are now tied with us and NE if the Ravens beat them 7-2.

Now I'm confused. All 3 of us would have the same record and same conference record. We have the tie breaker over OAK based on head-to-head. Oak has the tie breaker over NE based on Strength of Schedule victories and NE has the edge over us based on record against common opponents. I think because OAK is in our division they would automatically be dropped to wild-card (5th seed) and then they would apply the KC-NE tie breaker because we both won our divisions.

I think...

TopekaRoy
12-10-2016, 12:43 PM
The ESPN "Playoff Machine" seems to confirm what I am saying.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Chiefs4life24
12-10-2016, 01:22 PM
If we can replace Houston and Denver with Miami and Tennessee and Atlanta with Minnesota on the NFC side that would be awesome to see cause we would see teams we havent seen

N TX Dave
12-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Now I'm confused. All 3 of us would have the same record and same conference record. We have the tie breaker over OAK based on head-to-head. Oak has the tie breaker over NE based on Strength of Schedule victories and NE has the edge over us based on record against common opponents. I think because OAK is in our division they would automatically be dropped to wild-card (5th seed) and then they would apply the KC-NE tie breaker because we both won our divisions.

I think...

You are correct Oak is now in second place in the division and are out of the tie breakers with NE, but if NE wins out they are first for playoffs and if we win out we are second period. If NE, OAK and KC all win out it will be NE 1st, KC 2nd and OAK 5th the only thing the three could do is lose and move down.

TopekaRoy
12-10-2016, 02:22 PM
It's also possible that the Pats could lose twice (Ravens and Broncos) giving us the undisputed, un-tied #1 seed.

It's not likely, but it is possible. :smile