PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Schedule

Justin5772002
12-12-2016, 09:29 AM
So we have Titans @ home, Broncos @ home, Chargers away

Raiders have: Chargers away, Colts @ home, Broncos Away.

I would say we have the slight advantage in strength of schedule down this stretch only because we are at home vs the Broncos and the Raiders are @ Denver. I pretty much think our Titans @ home = Raiders vs Colts @ Oakland

ctchiefsfan
12-12-2016, 10:26 AM
No matter how you slice it the Broncos are in the rear view mirror and it is now Chiefs and Raiders. Just my personal opinion, but I think we both have a pretty much equally tough last 3 games. But thanks to sweeping them we have the advantage. From here on all we have to do is match them win-for-win. The 900 pound gorilla in the room is the Patriots. I think we would beat them handily in KC. Can we beat them in New England? Not so sure about that. I suspect the Patriots will go 12-4. Can we go 13-3? If we can I think we are going to the Super Bowl. If we have to play the AFC Championship in New England I am not so sure.

Chiefs4life24
12-12-2016, 11:35 AM
New England is still the class of the field until proven otherwise, i suspect it would be tough for us even at home against the Pats. Lets just finish the regular season first before we talk about AFC Title Games and Super Bowls

TopekaRoy
12-12-2016, 12:50 PM
New England is still the class of the field until proven otherwise, i suspect it would be tough for us even at home against the Pats. Lets just finish the regular season first before we talk about AFC Title Games and Super Bowls
It's just human nature to want to look ahead, though. Regarding the Pats, Gronkowski is out for the season. WR Danny Amendola is out for the season with a sprained ankle, but could return for the playoffs. TE Martellus Bennet (sprained ankle) and WR Matthew Slater (injured foot) are both listed as questionable for tonight's game. They don't have too many healthy receivers. New England has never been so vulnerable to a loss as they are right now.

I agree it's still too early to worry about where we will see them in the playoffs. Both we and they will have to win a playoff game first to get to that point. But it is exciting to see that they don't look unbeatable anymore.

I'm sure the Chiefs are only focused on what they can control; winning their next game. But we don't play the games. We can look ahead and speculate and project and wonder "what if?...". And when we don't have a game on to actually watch, that gives us something fun to ponder.