12-17-2016, 01:12 PM
The Chiefs placed DJ on IR and Promoted DL David King to the active roster

kcvet
12-17-2016, 06:40 PM
I read DJ is now a coach

ctchiefsfan
12-17-2016, 11:22 PM
I read DJ is now a coach

Thank you for that lead kcvet! I googled it up and here is what I found on arrowheadpride.com.

Derrick Johnson wants to one day get into coaching and the Kansas City Chiefs are going to give him an early start. No, the Chiefs did not say DJ is retiring and becoming a coach. But they do want him to start acting like one this year.
Andy Reid spoke with the media on Monday and he said that he talked with DJ last night after it was confirmed that his season is done with a ruptured Achilles.
I talked to him last night, Reid said. I called him up. He got out of here before everyone came in. I talked to him and I said well you can start working on coaching now. You can get a chance to sit back and see it from that side.
I want him around here. I dont want him going anywhere. I want him to hang around and do his rehab and get himself back to where he can play. In the meantime, he can work on some coaching there with some of our young guys.

If I can believe what I read, Andy Reid has sent DJ a STRONG MESSAGE that he has an opportunity in KC when he decides it's time to stop playing on the field. I LIKE this move by Andy Reid!

kcvet
12-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Thank you for that lead kcvet! I googled it up and here is what I found on arrowheadpride.com.

Derrick Johnson wants to one day get into coaching and the Kansas City Chiefs are going to give him an early start. No, the Chiefs did not say DJ is retiring and becoming a coach. But they do want him to start acting like one this year.
Andy Reid spoke with the media on Monday and he said that he talked with DJ last night after it was confirmed that his season is done with a ruptured Achilles.
“I talked to him last night,” Reid said. “I called him up. He got out of here before everyone came in. I talked to him and I said well you can start working on coaching now. You can get a chance to sit back and see it from that side.
“I want him around here. I don’t want him going anywhere. I want him to hang around and do his rehab and get himself back to where he can play. In the meantime, he can work on some coaching there with some of our young guys.”

If I can believe what I read, Andy Reid has sent DJ a STRONG MESSAGE that he has an opportunity in KC when he decides it's time to stop playing on the field. I LIKE this move by Andy Reid!

OJT can't beat it

ctchiefsfan
12-18-2016, 11:48 AM
OJT can't beat it

Just so!

kcvet
12-18-2016, 11:55 AM
Just so!

he just might make a hellva coach. you never know. but im glad Andy is throwing it his way

ctchiefsfan
12-18-2016, 12:03 PM
he just might make a hellva coach. you never know. but im glad Andy is throwing it his way

We'll never know unless we try him. He surely knows how to play LB and if we can believe what we are told he is an important leader on and off the field and what is a coach other than a leader? All he needs now is to learn some more about coaching and I can't think of a better person to learn that from than Andy Reid and Bob Sutton. I think he has a GREAT chance of becoming a fine coach with the Chiefs.

kcvet
12-18-2016, 12:23 PM
We'll never know unless we try him. He surely knows how to play LB and if we can believe what we are told he is an important leader on and off the field and what is a coach other than a leader? All he needs now is to learn some more about coaching and I can't think of a better person to learn that from than Andy Reid and Bob Sutton. I think he has a GREAT chance of becoming a fine coach with the Chiefs.

agreed. but he's gonna play as long as he can

ctchiefsfan
12-18-2016, 11:30 PM
agreed. but he's gonna play as long as he can

I SURELY HOPE SO! We missed him sorely today.

Eydugstr
12-19-2016, 10:02 AM
“I talked to him last night,” Reid said. “I called him up. He got out of here before everyone came in. I talked to him and I said well you can start working on coaching now. You can get a chance to sit back and see it from that side.
“I want him around here. I don’t want him going anywhere. I want him to hang around and do his rehab and get himself back to where he can play. In the meantime, he can work on some coaching there with some of our young guys.”

Re-posted as an example of Reid getting it right. Get well soon DJ. You'll make a great coach.

ctchiefsfan
12-20-2016, 02:15 AM
Re-posted as an example of Reid getting it right. Get well soon DJ. You'll make a great coach.

Yup! Reid is not half as bad as some want to believe or half as good as others believe, but in the end I submit EVIDENCE instead of emotions....11-5, 9-7, 11-5, and so far 10-4 with 2 games to play. Does anybody REALLY want Romeo, Haley, Herm, Ganz, Mackovic, Levy or Wiggin back????? Our Chiefs have a grand total of 4 head coaches with winning records. And one of them is Reid. And he happens to be tied for first with Marty for the best winning percentage. And now everybody wants Reid's head on a platter? WTF? SMFH in disgust.

Eydugstr
12-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Yup! Reid is not half as bad as some want to believe or half as good as others believe, but in the end I submit EVIDENCE instead of emotions....11-5, 9-7, 11-5, and so far 10-4 with 2 games to play. Does anybody REALLY want Romeo, Haley, Herm, Ganz, Mackovic, Levy or Wiggin back????? Our Chiefs have a grand total of 4 head coaches with winning records. And one of them is Reid. And he happens to be tied for first with Marty for the best winning percentage. And now everybody wants Reid's head on a platter? WTF? SMFH in disgust.

Actually, according to the Bob Gretz's book "Hail to the Chiefs", after watching Marv Levy whoop everyone's butt in playoffs during his tenure with the Bills, Schaaf and Steadman had to rethink the decision to fire Levy...But hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure they didn't come to that realization until Hunt sent them packing.

ctchiefsfan
12-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Actually, according to the Bob Gretz's book "Hail to the Chiefs", after watching Marv Levy whoop everyone's butt in playoffs during his tenure with the Bills, Schaaf and Steadman had to rethink the decision to fire Levy...But hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure they didn't come to that realization until Hunt sent them packing.

Levy did great with the Bills. But with the Chiefs he was 31-42 with no playoff appearances. In addition, only 3 Chiefs coaches have won a playoff game...Stram, Schottenheimer and Reid.