PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen.....

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2016, 01:42 AM
It all comes down to week 17. The Raiders (without Carr) are going to lose to Broncos. If we beat the Chargers in San Diego then we WIN THE WEST and get the #2 seed.

matthewschiefs
12-26-2016, 02:04 AM
With that offense I don't think it's a sure thing they lose to Oakland even without Carr.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2016, 02:10 AM
With that offense I don't think it's a sure thing they lose to Oakland even without Carr.

Certainly not a sure thing.....but IMO likely.

Chiefs4life24
12-26-2016, 02:11 AM
Yeah to me Oakland is the favorite in that game too many weapons on offense, Denver is gonna have to get up early and pour it on

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2016, 02:20 AM
Yeah to me Oakland is the favorite in that game too many weapons on offense, Denver is gonna have to get up early and pour it on

Broncos and Chargers are out of the playoffs.

Both face a division rival next week.

Both will be looking to salvage a little bit of self respect.

NOTHING is sure, but I like the Chiefs chances against the Chargers better than I like the Raiders chances in Denver.

matthewschiefs
12-26-2016, 02:37 AM

THIS

Yes Oakland lost their QB. But I've been screaming this for years on here FOOTBALL IS MORE THEN THE QB.

Oakland has a very good line they have a good RB and a number of good WRs. They are no joke.

And Denver is beat up so I think Oakland will be favored to win that

Chiefs4life24
12-26-2016, 02:49 AM
For the 1st time in Chiefs franchise history they scored 2 touchdowns of 70+ yards in one quarter

Cooper Barrett
12-26-2016, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't put it past Denver to lose just to spite us for last night but honestly I would think who ever starts for Denver is going to be trying to secure a starting position. The offensive line will be out of work next week but they will put in a solid effort . Unless the Raiders spray silicon on their gloves they should win. Maybe we should send Denver some BBQ???

Eydugstr
12-26-2016, 09:40 AM
It'll be fun to watch the game/playoff hype media machine go into motion this week...

The Chiefs just need to keep chopping wood and focus on San Diego. They won't have forgotten that they had us for three quarters in the season opener, and how it ended for them. They'd like nothing more than to send us into the playoffs as a 5th seed.

rodu
12-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Denver looked like they just wanted to go home, I wouldn't expect any favors from them

NJChiefs
12-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Or a sixth seed if the Dolphins win. They would have the tie breaker based on common opponents because the beat the Steelers. Its a stupid system. The Chiefs schedule was much harder. The Steelers are the only team with a winning record that they have beaten all year. And the 5th seed in the playoffs will have a MUCH easier path to the conference championship than the 6th seed.

It'll be fun to watch the game/playoff hype media machine go into motion this week...

The Chiefs just need to keep chopping wood and focus on San Diego. They won't have forgotten that they had us for three quarters in the season opener, and how it ended for them. They'd like nothing more than to send us into the playoffs as a 5th seed.

TopekaRoy
12-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Denver looked like they just wanted to go home, I wouldn't expect any favors from them
I don't think they came into the game feeling that way. I think they wanted to avenge the loss in the first game against the Chiefs. But we scored so fast and so easily that it just crushed their spirits. Once they knew it was unlikely that they were going to win and that their slim playoff hopes had vanished, they just gave up.

For Denver, the Raiders are a bigger and more hated rival than the Chiefs are. The chance to knock them from a 2 seed to a 5 seed and take away a division championship outweighs the fact that we would win the division by default.

Denver plays with a lot of pride (or some would say they are conceited). They see a wounded animal without it's starting QB and they will pounce. I don't know if they are good enough to win even with McGloin under center, but I expect them to give 100%.

... At least until they are down by 2 scores.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2016, 03:26 PM
I don't think they came into the game feeling that way. I think they wanted to avenge the loss in the first game against the Chiefs. But we scored so fast and so easily that it just crushed their spirits. Once they knew it was unlikely that they were going to win and that their slim playoff hopes had vanished, they just gave up.

For Denver, the Raiders are a bigger and more hated rival than the Chiefs are. The chance to knock them from a 2 seed to a 5 seed and take away a division championship outweighs the fact that we would win the division by default.

Denver plays with a lot of pride (or some would say they are conceited). They see a wounded animal without it's starting QB and they will pounce. I don't know if they are good enough to win even with McGloin under center, but I expect them to give 100%.

... At least until they are down by 2 scores.

Well said TopekaRoy! I don't know many Broncos fans, but the ones I do know hate the Raiders A LOT more than they hate the Chiefs. I expect the Broncos will make a good fight of the game.

Seek
12-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Denver still has a decent running attack. They just need to stick to it.

TopekaRoy
12-27-2016, 09:07 AM
Denver still has a decent running attack. They just need to stick to it.
I'm not so sure about that. This year, they rank 28th in rushing. Their offensive line has struggled in run blocking.

They still have a very good defense, though. They should be able to get some turnovers against the back-up QB.

Eydugstr
12-27-2016, 11:20 AM
Or a sixth seed if the Dolphins win. They would have the tie breaker based on common opponents because the beat the Steelers. Its a stupid system. The Chiefs schedule was much harder. The Steelers are the only team with a winning record that they have beaten all year. And the 5th seed in the playoffs will have a MUCH easier path to the conference championship than the 6th seed.

Good point. That game isn't a gimme for New England, either.

Seek
12-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Before Carr even got hurt, I thought the Donkies could beat Oakland. While it is a team game, ask the Donkies what it is like to lose your QB. Superbowl to fighting in the locker room and missing the play offs.

Cooper Barrett
12-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Remember what we have been forced to learn so well

Any given team can beat another given team on any given day.

Can you remember week 12, 2014 ?

Denver can beat the Raiders(too close to call?) and the Chiefs and can be beaten by the Chargers.

The Chiefs (.733) seem to play their worst when highly favored to win. The Bucs and Titans stand out in 2016 so remember we were to beat the Bucs(.533) and Titans(.533) by about 5 points and 7.5 respectfully and now the Chargers by (.333 record) a 4.5 spread should be a concern. We must go there and play 4 quarters of "professional" football and seriously question letting off the throttle to save gas as we all have accused Ried of doing. Something about a fat lady singing comes to mind.

What should our last scoring play of the game be? Poe kicking a field goal?

ctchiefsfan
12-28-2016, 12:46 PM
What should our last scoring play of the game be? Poe kicking a field goal?

LMAO!!!!!! Seriously though....NO! He should get his first TD reception before he starts practicing FGs.