PDA

View Full Version : O.K. I'll state the obvious, then.

chief31
12-23-2006, 02:00 AM
I am surprised that I haven't seen a post with the obvious problem stated, yet.So, I guess that I'll have to point it out myself.

HUARD!!! Hasn't anyone noticed that this team is aweful since the return of Trent Green? I love and appreciate Trent for all that I have seen him do, in the past. However, He has never been able to have success without plenty of time, and space, in the pocket. Damon Huard was doing that earlier this season. He has stellar numbers in this offense.

While I certainly, appreciate all that Trent has done, I feel like nobody ever earns the right to keep playing, when they aren't getting the job done.

The Chiefs were in the playoff hunt, because of Damon Huard. We have, pretty much, eliminated ourselves because he isn't out there.

Too many times, I have heard the saying, "He is a back-up dor a reason." Well, often, that reason is, simply, the guy ahead of him, has earned it. I prefer the term, "Go with the guy who gives us the best chance to win."

Who gives us the best chance to win? Take a look at the numbers. Wins, completion percentage, QB rating, touchdowns/interceptions, etc.

Huard has been the better quarterback, this season, because he has never been spoiled by having Willie Roaf securing his blind side. (not picking on Jordan Black here, he has been a good LT this season.) Huard didn't wait to get rid of the ball, he got rid of it quickly.

Against the Ravens, the announcers reported that Trent Green was going to be getting rid of quickly in the game, because of the pressure that the Ravens' defense generates. That was based on something that the announcer had heard from Herm Edwards. Either way, it didn't happen. Trent was under regular pressure, because he was holding the ball.

At the beginning of this season, I had little hope for this team to accomplish anything. Damon Huard changed my mind. Since then, I have watched the team that I had expected to see.

Guru
12-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Double edged sword. Huard did not play against the same defenses that Trent had to. Not an excuse just a fact.

Unfortunately, we will never know if Huard would have been better for us now.

chief31
12-23-2006, 02:34 AM
It certainly would have been nice to see him come into some of those games, so we would know.

Guru
12-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Can't disagree with you there. There were times I was wondering if Huard would have been better too.

kenny1937
12-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Our QB's are not the problem, the problem is a line that leaks like a sieve, it has gotten worse since Trent has come back, and unless it has miraculously improved, Trent is going to have a rough time tonight, as would Huard, or Croyle. When your QB's have to hurry, and often find themselves on their backs, even great ones like Montana couldn't get the job done. So unless the line has significantly improved you can only hope that Trent or whoever, can overcome the handicap and help us win tonight.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

Old_admin
12-23-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm in agreement with Kenny on this one. Right now, we have protection problems. Losing guys like Tony Richardson doesn't seem like a big deal until you don't have them.

Having WR's that could get any kind of seperation would be nice too. I think Trent Green should go to the Hall of Fame for the passing accomplishments he has made over the last few years with our buffoon WR's.

Guru
12-24-2006, 10:03 AM
All I said was it would have been interesting to see if the results would have been different.

YES! OUR LINE STINKS!

I am aware of that.

wolfpack
12-24-2006, 08:36 PM
you are right there on the defenses played against. but i say next year willbe rebuilding so play croyle. i think there is abetter than 50% odds haurd will be gone for more money and a chance to start.

Chiefster
12-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Ditto's a crossed the board.

chief31
12-26-2006, 09:10 PM
This is just a simple difference of opinion. Because, it is, entirely obvious, to me, that Trent holds the ball longer than Huards does.
You are correct, however, in your assesment of what the problem is. (for next year) The offensive line needs repairs. I think that the crew we have, have performed admirably, but with Shields ready to retire, and Black due to fill-in at right guard, We need a left tackle.
Anyway, It's too late to make a switch, now. Season's over.

kenny1937
12-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Yes, exactly, good post chief31, where have you been, glad to hear from you again, I hope by some miracle our season extends into the playoffs, might as well be positive until one has to be negative, so on that note:

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Jaguars!!

8-) :lol: :pint: