PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the Super Bowl?

ctchiefsfan
02-05-2017, 07:05 PM
If you are, say hello.

ctchiefsfan
02-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Falcon TD.

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 08:07 PM
I am ctc. Looks like New England didn't get the memo they were playing today.

ctchiefsfan
02-05-2017, 08:14 PM
I am ctc. Looks like New England didn't get the memo they were playing today.

Surely doesn't! 21-3 at the half?!?!?! One of the biggest halftime leads ever in the Super Bowl I believe. Falcons came to play with a chip on their shoulders and the Pats seem to have expected to have the game handed to them. Can't count the Pats out but this game belongs to the Falcons to win or lose.

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 08:18 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Belichek handles coming from behind like this. Usually it's the other way around.

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Nice series by NE's D

ctchiefsfan
02-05-2017, 09:01 PM
And the Falcons go up 28-3. I'm shocked.

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 09:11 PM
NE comes back but misses an extra point...lol

matthewschiefs
02-05-2017, 09:12 PM
The Pats are having one of those nights just nothing going right

It's just coming at the worst time

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Never seen NE receivers drop so many passes.

ctchiefsfan
02-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Pats are still in it--barely--but I am shocked. I figured the Falcons had a chance but I never thought they could dominate.

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Patriots get within eight.

ctchiefsfan
02-05-2017, 09:52 PM
And Ryan gets sacked to move Falcons out of FG range.

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Incredible catch by Edelmann

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 10:05 PM
Now 26-28

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 10:06 PM
28-28

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Patriots win first overtime game in SB history....but did anybody check the psi in the footballs? J/k

ctchiefsfan
02-05-2017, 10:27 PM
And the Pats win in OT. Hard to believe.

matthewschiefs
02-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Just Amazing

People hate the Pats but I have nothing but respect for them

ctchiefsfan
02-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Just Amazing

People hate the Pats but I have nothing but respect for them

Got to have respect for a team that is good year in and year out like they have been for so long. I don't like them, but you have to respect them.

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 10:38 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Goodell handles this.

Chiefs4life24
02-05-2017, 11:41 PM
Someone in Vegas bet 1.1 million on the Falcons winning ouch

Eydugstr
02-05-2017, 11:56 PM
Someone in Vegas bet 1.1 million on the Falcons winning ouch

Ouch is right! Imagine going home and explaining that one to the family.

jason1981
02-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Watching brady throwing makes me rethink alex smith as our qb. I always have said we can win with smith but if tou seen brady throw them you see he throws the receivers open. Brady anticipates and so damn accurate and throws it so perfect that only hos wr can catch it. He throws it in a way that it opens the wr. Heck he threw it to the running back before he was even open or looking . I saw that but smith can stillbwin just needs more help and brady is just something special and its really unfare to compare brady amd smith.

Eydugstr
02-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Watching brady throwing makes me rethink alex smith as our qb. I always have said we can win with smith but if tou seen brady throw them you see he throws the receivers open. Brady anticipates and so damn accurate and throws it so perfect that only hos wr can catch it. He throws it in a way that it opens the wr. Heck he threw it to the running back before he was even open or looking . I saw that but smith can stillbwin just needs more help and brady is just something special and its really unfare to compare brady amd smith.

The first half was not Brady at his best. He threw some bad passes trying to hook up with Edelmenn. It took him little while to get back on track, but once he did...

Seek
02-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Falcons deserve to lose that game. Throwing the ball with 8 minutes left with 20 seconds still on the play clock. The fumble by Ryan took the wind right out of that team. Should have never happened. Worst case they punted with less time on the clock and more yard for the Pats to go.

I was sitting there before that turn over thinking what are they doing. This may come back on them.

ctchiefsfan
02-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Ryan made a couple of critical mistakes that pretty much cost them the game. Overall he played very well but those two glaring mistakes were back-breakers.

jason1981
02-06-2017, 04:33 PM
It still was the greatest comeback in history. Sucks for the falcons to be at the other end of it but they only have themselves to blame. Offense and defense they lost it in the second half. 25 point deficit. Offense couldnt take on point and defense xouldnt stop them. It says more about how good the Patriots are. Anyother team would have caved amd goven up. Hell i gave up at halftime. But what i said earlier about alex smith i still think we can win with him. People complain about the dink and dunk smith plays but brady plays the dink and dunk game. He just knows how to create and find mismatches better than anyone. Smith jist needs to trust his wr's and throw them open. But alot of it is andy reids playcalling as well. Mostly on playcalling.

ctchiefsfan
02-06-2017, 11:53 PM
It still was the greatest comeback in history. Sucks for the falcons to be at the other end of it but they only have themselves to blame. Offense and defense they lost it in the second half. 25 point deficit. Offense couldnt take on point and defense xouldnt stop them. It says more about how good the Patriots are. Anyother team would have caved amd goven up. Hell i gave up at halftime. But what i said earlier about alex smith i still think we can win with him. People complain about the dink and dunk smith plays but brady plays the dink and dunk game. He just knows how to create and find mismatches better than anyone. Smith jist needs to trust his wr's and throw them open. But alot of it is andy reids playcalling as well. Mostly on playcalling.

I mostly agree. The "dink and dunk" CAN get it done...even more so if you have a QB that can run the ball as we have seen Alex can. So yeah...we CAN win it all with Alex. And yes, Alex CAN air it out. We've seen it and the many Alex highlights vids show it. He CAN do it. He's not great at it but when called upon he can certainly throw that 35 or 40 yard pass.

IMO the problem is NOT that Reid's playcalling sucks. His playcalling is pretty damned good for Alex. But it just seems to come up short a little too often. I'm not sure how to fix that. Firing Reid is NOT the solution. 11-5, 9-7, 11-5. 12-4. A playoff win FINALLY! We have the team and coaching staff that can get the job done, but somewhere there is a small "tweak" that needs to be made to push us to the next level. I wish I thought I knew what that "tweak" was, but I don't.