PDA

View Full Version : Webnews: Andy Reid bristles a bit at questions about absent playe

Coach
06-01-2017, 09:45 PM
By Mike Florio (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/01/andy-reid-bristles-a-bit-at-questions-about-absent-players/)https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/ap_17144749825242-e1496365481213.jpg?w=1506&h=848&crop=1
A trio of big-name Chiefs defensive players have been staying away from offseason workouts. They’ve been joined by another. Linebacker Dee Ford, a pass rusher who had 10 sacks last year and is eligible for a new contract, has been away. On Thursday, coach Andy Reid was asked about his absence. He seemed to be…
Read more… (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/01/andy-reid-bristles-a-bit-at-questions-about-absent-players/)

Seek
06-02-2017, 08:47 AM
If you ask me, this is exactly why your top leaders on the Team should be at OTA's. They are role model for the younger players on what to do, what not to do. Both Houston and Berry got paid a ton of money by the Chiefs to be their staples on defense. So what happens. They don't show up to OTa's because it is VOLUNTARY? Horse crap, they are he leaders who are setting an example for others on their team in which DEE Ford had followed by not showing up the second week.

A guy, who has no clout on this team has no place to be off from activities. His replacement was just drafted. When these over paid clowns who apparently have to much to do, other than do everything they can to help this team win a superbowl by teaching the young guys, return. Thy should be reminded that while it is voluntary, it is important and due to their lack of participations, they are on the bottom of the depth chart.

I am worried Peters is holding out.

ctchiefsfan
06-02-2017, 01:28 PM
If you ask me, this is exactly why your top leaders on the Team should be at OTA's. They are role model for the younger players on what to do, what not to do. Both Houston and Berry got paid a ton of money by the Chiefs to be their staples on defense. So what happens. They don't show up to OTa's because it is VOLUNTARY? Horse crap, they are he leaders who are setting an example for others on their team in which DEE Ford had followed by not showing up the second week.

A guy, who has no clout on this team has no place to be off from activities. His replacement was just drafted. When these over paid clowns who apparently have to much to do, other than do everything they can to help this team win a superbowl by teaching the young guys, return. Thy should be reminded that while it is voluntary, it is important and due to their lack of participations, they are on the bottom of the depth chart.

I am worried Peters is holding out.

You make a good point Seek. For the veterans who lead the team OTAs are not so important for conditioning or practice. They know what they can do and they know what they have to do in the off-season to keep themselves in "game shape" so they do it. But they are needed at OTAs to give the younger guys leadership by example. They should be there. They have the "right" not to, but they should be.

As to Marcus Peters.....Why do you think he is holding out?

brdempsey69
06-02-2017, 05:22 PM
This is not a good omen for the upcoming season.

Seek
06-02-2017, 05:30 PM
This is not a good omen for the upcoming season.

I don't think it is for the season. I just think he wants attention or a new contract.

Chiefster
06-02-2017, 08:06 PM
I agree that on the surface this does not bode well, however, we don't know the circumstances behind their absence; I can only hope that it is for legitimate, personal reasons.

ctchiefsfan
06-03-2017, 12:58 AM
I don't think it is for the season. I just think he wants attention or a new contract.

THANKS! You had me worried!