PDA

View Full Version : Huard Must Go!

wolfpack
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
haurd must be beneched! period! that is all.

mxpxHERO
11-04-2007, 04:17 PM
my girlfriend anaeelbackwards is at the game right now and shes walking out to the parking lot and said everyone is chanting "BRODIE BRODIE BRODIE" i don't really approve of people chanting it during the game, which did any of you guys hear that? but i agree put brodie in already. atleast the next game so he'll have a game under his belt before we get whooped by peyton and crew.... our defense cannot hold offenses for long and wait for our horrible offense to score in which tehy cannot...

texaschief
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
gotta love Damon Huard. 2 picks to the middle of the field. classic. You'd think the older more experienced QB wouldn't be making those kinds of decisions and throws.

If Croyle was making these mistakes, at least he'd be gaining experience. Huard is so past his prime, it's not even funny.

:mob:

Coach
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I finally agree it is time for Brodie. I was thinking to myself when that last drive started, I'm glad Huard is the starter. He's less likely to throw an interception that would end the game. Then wham, three plays later Huard throws a pick. I don't think that Brodie is going to come in and light it up though. The O-line is getting punched in the face on almost every play. Huard, Croyle, it doesn't really matter. Might as well start getting the rookie some reps.

I'd say there is a very good chance that Brodie will start next week.

mxpxHERO
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
gotta love Damon Huard. 2 picks to the middle of the field. classic. You'd think the older more experienced QB wouldn't be making those kinds of decisions and throws.

If Croyle was making these mistakes, at least he'd be gaining experience. Huard is so past his prime, it's not even funny.

:mob:

i mean hell during they game they were putting him in the same sentence with dan marino... that was ages ago. what was that year 2000? its 2007, put our first rounder in for petes sake.

chiefinsyr
11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I think he was a 3rd rounder.

YZILLA
11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Knew the Broyle fans would be back - lol ! Dont mind the fact that the recievers ran sh**ty routes and the Mcintosh is a slow fat ******* !

texaschief
11-04-2007, 04:24 PM
i mean hell during they game they were putting him in the same sentence with dan marino... that was ages ago. what was that year 2000? its 2007, put our first rounder in for petes sake.

we have a first rounder?

wolfpack
broidie will throw picks but i can live with him throwing them. at least he has the arm to throw down field.

Guru
I finally agree it is time for Brodie. I was thinking to myself when that last drive started, I'm glad Huard is the starter. He's less likely to throw an interception that would end the game. Then wham, three plays later Huard throws a pick. I don't think that Brodie is going to come in and light it up though. The O-line is getting punched in the face on almost every play. Huard, Croyle, it doesn't really matter. Might as well start getting the rookie some reps.

I'd say there is a very good chance that Brodie will start next week.

We are still in first place. No way Croyle starts. And that SUCKS>

mxpxHERO
we have a first rounder?

i actually meant our draft pick. my bad bro.

texaschief
11-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Knew the Broyle fans would be back - lol ! Dont mind the fact that the recievers ran sh**ty routes and the Mcintosh is a slow fat ******* !

lol...you're right. Huard is flawless. we must have been watching a different game. my bad.

Huard made some nice throws, but the only reason he's starting is because of his decision making ability. I think at best now, that's a push because he gives up so much more in lack of mobility especially w/ this line.

Brodie has a cannon and could make EVERY throw Huard made today and then some. Start Croyle

mxpxHERO
11-04-2007, 04:33 PM
lol...you're right. Huard is flawless. we must have been watching a different game. my bad.

Huard made some nice throws, but the only reason he's starting is because of his decision making ability. I think at best now, that's a push because he gives up so much more in lack of mobility especially w/ this line.

Brodie has a cannon and could make EVERY throw Huard made today and then some. Start Croyle

its better we put him in now get him to start the game vs the donks and then get hit in the mouth vs the colts... we dont wanna bruise him but at least get a reality check.

wolfpack
11-04-2007, 04:35 PM
we didnt even have 100 yards till almost half way through the 3rd quater. please change something,try something different. running 30 times up the middle dosent work.

McLovin
11-04-2007, 04:36 PM
its better we put him in now get him to start the game vs the donks and then get hit in the mouth vs the colts... we dont wanna bruise him but at least get a reality check.
And if we put him in there is a chance they are going to be on their backup since Cutler got hurt. I think this week would be a wonderful week to start Croyle, then if he isn't getting it done and it is close, put Huard in for a little bit of a spark.

Gotta start Croyle.

YZILLA
11-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I agree with everyone - Everyone has valid points on a sad day ! It bums me out we lost . I would have to assume that everyone would have said the same things about croyle had he been the QB today. But probably not because hes young he wont get the , He should have known better than to throw that pass . He will only get well.....he just needs more experience ! The Chiefs lost as a team. I for one would love to See Croyle start ! But Damn Stop bashing Huard ! He is our player and we should be supporting him . Noone seemed to mentions the Stupid *** Ty Law giving up all the huge plays /touchdowns ? Exactly !!!!!

mxpxHERO
11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
blame hermie and the coaching staff for not knowing the right time to bench huard. its time.

tis all.

YZILLA
11-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Eveyone has valid posts ! I respect eveyones Opinions ! They all have merrit ! I am sad that LJ is hurt regardless if we have Priest Holmes ! I hope Kolby Smith Turns it up till he gets back ! Great Posts everyone , Today is a beautiful day outside and now im gonna go spend some time with my family . Peace and love all ! Have a great day !

texaschief
11-04-2007, 04:57 PM
turns out, this year would've been a great year to start Croyle. This division really stinks. But, instead of this organization has no foresight, we're stuck with a mediocre team...once again...thanks Carl. Hope you're making money though.

wolfpack
11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
their last big play if pollard would have turned his head it would have been broken up.

mxpxHERO
11-04-2007, 05:23 PM
so many coulda woulda shoulda's

but the only one shoulda been the offense to put some points on the board.

its week in and week out the same crap. the defense keeping us in games and the offense coming up with the little change that can get us by.

Coach
11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around.
Where were our WR's?
Did the O-line recognize that there was a game today?
Why did Hermie call a Pass Play on 3rd and 2(this lead to the game-ending int)?
Did Huard not learn from the earlier INT?
Did the defense not see how GB won on Monday? There was absolutely no excuse for getting beat over the top on a pass play when they were down more than 3?
I could go on and on and on and on.
There were so many mistakes made in this game and most of them were in the last 5 mintues when it mattered most.

Guru
11-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Where were our WR's?
Did the defense not see how GB won on Monday? There was absolutely no excuse for getting beat over the top on a pass play when they were down more than 3?
There were so many mistakes made in this game and most of them were in the last 5 mintues when it mattered most.

Herm's recipe for success.:mob:

hermhater
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Where were our WR's?

Agreed...

Herm's recipe for success.:mob:

...and Agreed!

This HERM madness has got to stop.
There seem to be multiple coaching issues going on.

What was with the time out right before the TD LJ ran? Granted he did it again the next play, but that caused the D to know exactly what we were gonna do the second time.

HERM dodged a bullet with that one!

greg3564
11-04-2007, 07:38 PM
We are still in first place. No way Croyle starts. And that SUCKS>

We should be so proud that we are in first place at 4-4. NOT!!!! I have to seriously wonder if we will even finish at 8-8. I don't know if we will even pull that off. The O line is a wreck. Huard is a mess. Special Teams needs a new returner. Questionable coaching. A really tough schedule ahead of us. The D can only do so much.

McLovin
11-04-2007, 07:46 PM
We should be so proud that we are in first place at 4-4. NOT!!!! I have to seriously wonder if we will even finish at 8-8. I don't know if we will even pull that off. The O line is a wreck. Huard is a mess. Special Teams needs a new returner. Questionable coaching. A really tough schedule ahead of us. The D can only do so much.
Agreed, and then we have some on this site that want to wait till week 14 to bring in Croyle, then Croyle has a couple bad weeks (which he probably will) and they will be ready to draft someone else.

The only part of this argument that I slightly agree with is that if we do draft a QB (I would like to give Croyle a chance before drafting new blood) this may very well be a great draft for QBs.

I do know that Herm has said if Quinn was on the board at our pick then he was going to take him. Doesn't show much confidence in Croyle.

I am guessing (very much guessing cause I don't have a clue what Herm is thinking) but if Croyle doesn't start after this horrible showing from Huard, then I am guessing that Hermies plan is to draft a QB and Croyle will never see a start in KC, unless Huard gets hurt before the end of the season.

chief31
11-04-2007, 07:50 PM
their last big play if pollard would have turned his head it would have been broken up.

That was just a great play by both Favre and...was it Jones? There was great coverage and very little space to throw the ball to. Favre hit that little space.

so many coulda woulda shoulda's

but the only one shoulda been the offense to put some points on the board.

its week in and week out the same crap. the defense keeping us in games and the offense coming up with the little change that can get us by. The offense out-performed the defense today. Even with a disgusting 61 rushing yards, the Chiefs' offense still managed to get 22 points on the board.

I am proud of it. Without an offensive line, we have still exceeded my expectations for this year.

That defense didn't get that particular "so much" today.

Guru
11-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Drives me nuts that I am a die hard. Being mediocre is wearing me VERY thin.

chief31
11-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Drives me nuts that I am a die hard. Being mediocre is wearing me VERY thin.

I agree. But, for me, mediocrity is a welcome surprise this season.

Guru
11-04-2007, 08:05 PM
I agree. But, for me, mediocrity is a welcome surprise this season.

Actually, we are doing exactly what I knew we would. Carl excels at this. Hanging around just long enough to keep butts in the seats and giving us all false hope.

chief31
11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Actually, we are doing exactly what I knew we would. Carl excels at this. Hanging around just long enough to keep butts in the seats and giving us all false hope.

I prefer it over giving up. I feel that you have to continue to fight, until it is over. If Herm and co. can see how this offensive line has been crippling us, then maybe he will be forced to address that position this coming offseason.

Plus, we are still in first place, no matter how ugly it may be. And we just played a good team very tough-like.

greg3564
11-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I prefer it over giving up. I feel that you have to continue to fight, until it is over. If Herm and co. can see how this offensive line has been crippling us, then maybe he will be forced to address that position this coming offseason.

Plus, we are still in first place, no matter how ugly it may be. And we just played a good team very tough-like.

1st in the AFC West.

9th in the AFC.

17th in the NFL.

Nothing to be proud of. If it were not for the fact the AFC West is totally pathetic this year we would not have a chance. If the Chargers had not totally collapsed this year we would be out of first. Heck, we're barely ahead of them now. We don't have a chance in hell to compete in the playoffs. Zero! I can only hope that they will try a QB change. I honestly believe they will be under immense pressure to do so after this loss.

texaschief
11-04-2007, 11:27 PM

so, when can we start feeling like BoSox fans and start blaming curses and everything else but ourselves? Obviously, they aren't getting rid of CP and unlike others on the board, I need something else to blame besides the head coach.

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Well if you think about it , that is Carls job! Hell I got tickets now? That part is working, he dont know a thing bout football but he keeps the stadium full.

hermhater
11-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Well if you think about it , that is Carls job! Hell I got tickets now? That part is working, he dont know a thing bout football but he keeps the stadium full.

That is the problem.

texaschief
11-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Carl is an exellent president or operations. He really helped the Chiefs franchise go from poor to mediocre as a GM. Can't we just keep him as president and find another GM? I mean, the guy's got like 3 titles.

greg3564
11-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Carl is an exellent president or operations. He really helped the Chiefs franchise go from poor to mediocre as a GM. Can't we just keep him as president and find another GM? I mean, the guy's got like 3 titles.

Well, maybe the Hunt's will see the light after this season. You can't win championships with one dimensional teams. Even the Super Bowl Ravens had some offense. You can't loose two great O line players in Roaf and Shields and not replace them with real talent.

wolfpack
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
as long as we are in first place it will take an act of god foe hermmie to take out huard. if you want to call 4-4 good.

chief31
11-06-2007, 07:46 AM
as long as we are in first place it will take an act of god foe hermmie to take out huard. if you want to call 4-4 good.

I call it sensational...compared to what I expected for this team.

m0ef0e
11-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I've been supporting Huard all along but I do think we need some kind of change. Not really because I think Croyle would be significantly better but for the simple fact that it may light a fire under a few guys to realize that their jobs are going to be in jeopardy and they need to step it up. McIntosh and Drummond have both been huge FA busts, IMO.

hermhater
11-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I've been supporting Huard all along but I do think we need some kind of change. Not really because I think Croyle would be significantly better but for the simple fact that it may light a fire under a few guys to realize that their jobs are going to be in jeopardy and they need to step it up. McIntosh and Drummond have both been huge FA busts, IMO.

Thank you! That is what I have been trying to say!

I don't think there is anything we can do EXCEPT swap out the QB at this point. I hope it doesn't get him injured/kill his confidence, but you gotta try something at this point.

m0ef0e
11-06-2007, 02:44 PM

I don't think there is anything we can do EXCEPT swap out the QB at this point. I hope it doesn't get him injured/kill his confidence, but you gotta try something at this point.

I agree. I won't mind if we still go with Huard for the next game but if the offense can't get going, we need to make the change by the second half. I have a lot of faith in the Chiefs this year but our offense has got to stop looking so sick in between the few bright spots they have shown.

greg3564
11-06-2007, 04:14 PM

You would think at 4-4, that now would be as good a time to change QB as any other. We are in no way a playoff caliber team. Might we win the West? Maybe. But I'd like to see what Croyle can do for us. Put the kid in and let him get the experience he needs in real games.

greg3564
11-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Well, Herm announced at todays press conferance that Huard is starting against the Broncos. Sigh.....I give up.:sign0153:

hermhater
11-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Well, Herm announced at todays press conferance that Huard is starting against the Broncos. Sigh.....I give up.:sign0153:

I haven't gotten there yet, he is talking about maybe, possibly, there is a chance, not likely but not unlikely, that he might, might mind you, make some changes on the offense, IF it doesn't get better...

WTF??? It is the middle of the season? WTF are you waiting for HERM? Huard has to get his foot rolled to start Croyle?

McLovin
11-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I haven't gotten there yet, he is talking about maybe, possibly, there is a chance, not likely but not unlikely, that he might, might mind you, make some changes on the offense, IF it doesn't get better...

WTF??? It is the middle of the season? WTF are you waiting for HERM? Huard has to get his foot rolled to start Croyle?

My guess is he is going to wait till we are out of first. I don't agree with it as I don't see that Huard got us there but I also say that we got there with Huard at QB. And Herm is loyal to a fault.

timsatt1
11-06-2007, 06:55 PM

yes, i already announced this sunday that huard would start. I am 98.8% right on my predictions.

that is not terrible news because we are playing the Broncos and because priest is going to help open up our offense. I predict that priest holmes effect on the offense will be so obvious against the broncs that we all will be talking about his impact after the game.

You can disagree now, but remember that you are disagreeing with someone who is right 98.8% of the time.

remember this message after the game, after huard starts and chiefs still win. But this win will not be ugly unlike the rest. All because LJ is not the running back and Priest is. YEs, i know that herm said smith will get more carries than priest, but that was FALSE information, you will also see that priest will lead the team in carries. 98.8%, remember that.

McLovin
11-06-2007, 07:03 PM
yes, i already announced this sunday that huard would start. I am 98.8% right on my predictions.

that is not terrible news because we are playing the Broncos and because priest is going to help open up our offense. I predict that priest holmes effect on the offense will be so obvious against the broncs that we all will be talking about his impact after the game.

You can disagree now, but remember that you are disagreeing with someone who is right 98.8% of the time.

remember this message after the game, after huard starts and chiefs still win. But this win will not be ugly unlike the rest. All because LJ is not the running back and Priest is. YEs, i know that herm said smith will get more carries than priest, but that was FALSE information, you will also see that priest will lead the team in carries. 98.8%, remember that.
So what your saying is that the O-Line is the reason Croyle wont do good, but that Priest doesnt need the O-Line to be good to resurrect the Chiefs. I agree that part of Huards problem is the line, but that line also extends to running back, I dont feel Priest will do any better then LJ fared the first few games of the year behind this line, I do however thing maybe Priest has been out long enough and teams have forgotten about him, that if he is up to form they might not be game planning for him and he may do good until they adjust.

timsatt1
11-06-2007, 07:09 PM
So what your saying is that the O-Line is the reason Croyle wont do good, but that Priest doesnt need the O-Line to be good to resurrect the Chiefs. I agree that part of Huards problem is the line, but that line also extends to running back, I dont feel Priest will do any better then LJ fared the first few games of the year behind this line, I do however thing maybe Priest has been out long enough and teams have forgotten about him, that if he is up to form they might not be game planning for him and he may do good until they adjust.

WHOA WHOA!!! hold on there buddy. you dont know what i am saying.

I WANT CROYLE first of all, NOT HUARD.

but i said that huard would start. not because i want him to, but because Herm is going to start him.

I said that Huard will have a good game against the broncos because of Priest's affect on the offense.

Our offensive line isnt the best in the nfl, but maybe they arent the worse and all they needed was a runningback who was versatile in running (including getting around the outside) catching and blocking.

remember, i am right 98.8% of the time.

I have wanted croyle in since we were 0-2 and every game after that.

greg3564
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM

Well Herm inferred that the last position to change would be QB. Disgusting. Herm's going to pull another Chad Pennington on the Chiefs. In a couple of years, after the fans have had enough, he'll be run out town again. And only then will someone see the light. Herm sucks and I've never liked the idea of him coming to the Chiefs. He's over rated and most, if not all, the credit for the defense goes to Gunther.

texaschief
11-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Well Herm inferred that the last position to change would be QB. Disgusting. Herm's going to pull another Chad Pennington on the Chiefs. In a couple of years, after the fans have had enough, he'll be run out town again. And only then will someone see the light. Herm sucks and I've never liked the idea of him coming to the Chiefs. He's over rated and most, if not all, the credit for the defense goes to Gunther.

you're right, Gunther made the decision to draft all those defensive players. I keep forgetting how great of a head coach Gunther was...talk about the golden years.:beer:

sling58
11-06-2007, 10:43 PM
you're right, Gunther made the decision to draft all those defensive players. I keep forgetting how great of a head coach Gunther was...talk about the golden years.:beer:

He wasn't that good as a head coach but is a great D. Cord IMO.

texaschief
11-06-2007, 10:48 PM

forgot the sarcasm smiley. my bad

Chiefster
11-07-2007, 06:57 AM

Agreed!