PDA

View Full Version : LJ Hurt.

McLovin
11-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Johnson helped off field after injuring ankle against Packers

Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City running back Larry Johnson was helped off the field after injuring his right ankle in the fourth quarter against the Green Bay Packers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB) on Sunday.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/39.jpg Larry Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=JOH399484), RB
Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC)

Sunday vs. GB:
Touches: 22
Total YDs: 95
TD: 2

» Week 9: Injuries (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80228c77&template=without-video&confirm=true) | inactives (http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=09000d5d803dd39c&template=without-video&confirm=true)
» More: Scores (http://www.nfl.com/scores) | photos (http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chronicleId=09000d5d803de74b) | stat leaders (http://www.nfl.com/stats/weeklyleaders)

Johnson, the Chiefs' leading rusher, was injured midway through the fourth quarter when he caught a pass from Damon Huard (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861) and was dragged down from behind by Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk (http://www.nfl.com/players/a.j.hawk/profile?id=HAW076822). Johnson caught his toe on the turf after getting his feet tangled with Hawk's, then grabbed at his right ankle.
He tried to put weight on the leg after the trainers looked at him, but had to get help to the bench. He later was taken to the locker room.
Johnson had 53 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries before the injury. He also caught a 30-yard touchdown pass.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d803df576&template=without-video&confirm=true

chief31
11-04-2007, 08:32 PM
This looked pretty nasty. I hope he is ok and will be ready for the Donks. I love Priest and will be happy to see him get a little more attention, but he is still not entirely back to form. He was man-handled by AJ Hawk when Hawk made his interception. In what was basically a fight for a particular spot on the field, Hawk won, hands-down. I imagine Priest will be better prepared for that from here on out, but it still shows that he is not 100% mentally.

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 08:49 PM
This looked pretty nasty. I hope he is ok and will be ready for the Donks. I love Priest and will be happy to see him get a little more attention, but he is still not entirely back to form. He was man-handled by AJ Hawk when Hawk made his interception. In what was basically a fight for a particular spot on the field, Hawk won, hands-down. I imagine Priest will be better prepared for that from here on out, but it still shows that he is not 100% mentally.
Priest need smore reps and he will get them this week. How can you say he isnt ready? He has only played like 7 downs in two games?

hermhater
11-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Priest need smore reps and he will get them this week. How can you say he isnt ready? He has only played like 7 downs in two games?

I think you just answered your own question Polleo.

If he gets more downs he will get better.

LJ's ankle roll looked pretty bad. I am gonna say it was worse than just a high ankle sprain and am thinking it damaged some tendons, or ligaments. Sigh...

I hope he is not out longer than a week.

timsatt1
11-04-2007, 09:01 PM
it wouldnt surprise me if he is back next week. Hard to tell until the next day. I am sure we will know tomorrow though.

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I think you just answered your own question Polleo.

If he gets more downs he will get better.

LJ's ankle roll looked pretty bad. I am gonna say it was worse than just a high ankle sprain and am thinking it damaged some tendons, or ligaments. Sigh...

I hope he is not out longer than a week.
I was just saying how can you tell he's not ready when nobody has really seen what he has? I hope he has it like in the old days, cause lord knows we'll need it!

McLovin
11-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I was just saying how can you tell he's not ready when nobody has really seen what he has? I hope he has it like in the old days, cause lord knows we'll need it!

I sure hope he has it too, problem is even if he has it no one will respect him (other teams) for a few games, but then that could be a blessing also, teams come in thinking we are going to be one dimensional with LJ out (don't want LJ out but if it has to be maybe there is a silver lining) and then Priest run all over them because they are only protecting the pass like before they were only stopping the run.

Dunno guess we will find out.

chief31
11-04-2007, 09:22 PM

I tried to show you a specific play where Priest showed a shortness of awareness. AJ Hawk man-handled him and took the position from him.

I am a staunch Priest supporter, but I think he could have used a little more action, to help him get adjusted to the game again.

timsatt1
11-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I tried to show you a specific play where Priest showed a shortness of awareness. AJ Hawk man-handled him and took the position from him.

I am a staunch Priest supporter, but I think he could have used a little more action, to help him get adjusted to the game again.

yes, you are correct on that play. in that situation, priest was in front of AJ, had position, but did not hold his ground. So yes on that particular play, priest did make the mistake, that wasnt huards interception.

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 09:31 PM
I sure hope he has it too, problem is even if he has it no one will respect him (other teams) for a few games, but then that could be a blessing also, teams come in thinking we are going to be one dimensional with LJ out (don't want LJ out but if it has to be maybe there is a silver lining) and then Priest run all over them because they are only protecting the pass like before they were only stopping the run.

Dunno guess we will find out.
Yeah, but truth is we have been 1 dimentional if that. We havent run the ball or made anyone think we can all year. Nobody is or has been scared of our running game!

hermhater
11-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Where I come from that is called holding. Priest was held, and that is why the int happened.

Could you take a look at that play when you get a chance chief31 and see if I was right or wrong?

McLovin
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah, but truth is we have been 1 dimentional if that. We havent run the ball or made anyone think we can all year. Nobody is or has been scared of our running game!
If that is true then why have they had 7,8 and 9 in the box. After they quit stacking the box LJ has had a couple 100 yard games. Our running game has been far from great but the other teams have game planned to stop it, I doubt anyone came into the game thinking, Man we really have to stop this Huard guy.

greg3564
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Priest is a better fit right now. LJ is a down hill hit the hole kind of runner. The O line can't open a hole, so that negates LJ's effectiveness. His ankle injury will hamper him even more.

chief31
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Where I come from that is called holding. Priest was held, and that is why the int happened.

Could you take a look at that play when you get a chance chief31 and see if I was right or wrong?

From my first look, I saw Hawk give Priest a pretty solid whippin'. Although Priest didn't seem to be ready for the contact. It was within the five yards, and near the middle of the field, so refs tend to let them play a lot more rough than they allow outside, or deeper than that. I will have to take another look later though.

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
If that is true then why have they had 7,8 and 9 in the box. After they quit stacking the box LJ has had a couple 100 yard games. Our running game has been far from great but the other teams have game planned to stop it, I doubt anyone came into the game thinking, Man we really have to stop this Huard guy.
Trust me I am a chiefs fan and LJ is my man, but subtract that 50+ yard gain last week and how many yards did he have? I thought, put Priest and LJ in the backfield and mix it up? Too bad our play calling is so bland and easily picked up!

hermhater
11-04-2007, 11:36 PM
More than disappointing.

The reason LJ's numbers are so bad, is because of the O line. The coaches aren't helping much though running it up the middle.

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 11:39 PM
More than disappointing.

The reason LJ's numbers are so bad, is because of the O line. The coaches aren't helping much though running it up the middle.
Play calling today was as terrible as it has been all year. How many times will we send LJ into the endless hole of nothing! Find a new play already, maybe that one will work after will can consistantly make other plays!:drunkhb:

hermhater
11-04-2007, 11:54 PM
That would be nice.

We could use many things, but a coaching change isn't likely to happen in the middle of the season.

Herm is here for the next 3 years get used to the play calling, and just b!tch about it!

Chiefster
11-05-2007, 12:18 AM
The "O" line has and will continue to be the problem. It has been all season long.

sling58
11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I hope it's not to bad. We need everyone on Offensive

wolfpack
11-05-2007, 05:30 PM
i`m kinda glad LJ got hurt. now maybe we can see what smith has and what holmes has left. plus,i`m sick of seeing lj running up the middle into a crowd of players and getting nothing. bounce it outside lj.

timsatt1
11-05-2007, 05:35 PM
i`m kinda glad LJ got hurt. now maybe we can see what smith has and what holmes has left. plus,i`m sick of seeing lj running up the middle into a crowd of players and getting nothing. bounce it outside lj.

yes, i posted this same thing in another thread.

now we will see if the poor running should have been soley blamed on LJ (if priest and smith perform well) or if the o line is soley to blame (if priest and smith have bad games as did LJ.) LJ has been innefective all season, so it is time for a change. If it doesn't work, oh well. but if it works..........GREAT!!!!!

anaeelbackwards
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
The "O" line has and will continue to be the problem. It has been all season long.

AMEN!:11:

this has been our problem the whole year. the whole huard problem, is because he can not trust our o-line to protect him. and lj cant run no where because the line isnt give him much holes to go or is giving much protection in the backfield.

sling58
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM

I'm never glad anyone ever gets hurt but it might be good to see another RB in the back field to see what the true problem with the running game is at this time.

Chiefster
11-05-2007, 05:45 PM
AMEN!:11:

this has been our problem the whole year. the whole huard problem, is because he can not trust our o-line to protect him. and lj cant run no where because the line isnt give him much holes to go or is giving much protection in the backfield.

Yup; it all starts up front. The offense will only go as far as the "O" line takes them.

sling58
11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Yup; it all starts up front. The offense will only go as far as the "O" line takes them.

Chiefster, you are a master of the obvious ha ha.

Agreed though, without the O line getting that push or pass rush stop our Offensive will keep stalling no matter if we have, Brodie, Huard, Brady, Manning (either one), KC Wolf, or Brett Favre as our QB. Without a quality O line we will continue to sputter on that side of the ball. IMO.

anaeelbackwards
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM

Agreed though, without the O line getting that push or pass rush stop our Offensive will keep stalling no matter if we have, Brodie, Huard, Brady, Manning (either one), KC Wolf, or Brett Favre as our QB. Without a quality O line we will continue to sputter on that side of the ball. IMO.

hehehe, i somewhat agree with that.... huard tho is not a mobile quarterback, he's as slow as an ox... i cringe everytime i see him attempt to get out of teh way because i know he's gonna go down.

but yes our o-line is hidious this year...

anyone catch the pats/colts game?

greg3564
11-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Good QB's make plays. Bad ones fail miserably. Huard falls into the latter of the two. Yes, the O line is terrible. But you can't put an 11 year backup into the same sentence as Brady, Favre or Manning. No comparison.

sling58
11-05-2007, 07:47 PM
hehehe, i somewhat agree with that.... huard tho is not a mobile quarterback, he's as slow as an ox... i cringe everytime i see him attempt to get out of teh way because i know he's gonna go down.

but yes our o-line is hidious this year...

anyone catch the pats/colts game?

Yeah, I liked the game. I have a feeling that was the preview of the AFC championship game this year.

As for Huard, yeah, he is immobile but as long as he is under center I will root for him. IMO

anaeelbackwards
11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
the game was definite afc championship preview. those are what complete teams look like. i really like what indy has done to fill up the holes in their defense. i really like their safety bob sanders.

hermhater
11-05-2007, 07:54 PM
the game was definite afc championship preview. those are what complete teams look like. i really like what indy has done to fill up the holes in their defense. i really like their safety bob sanders.

I can't stand Boob Sanders! He is the reason we lost to the Colts in the playoffs last year!

Well that and Peyton of course!:D :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
11-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I can't stand Boob Sanders! He is the reason we lost to the Colts in the playoffs last year!

Watch it lol He is a former Hawkeye, as is Dallas Clark, if we could draft a couple more Hawkeyes maybe we could compete.

:lol:

anaeelbackwards
11-05-2007, 08:02 PM

i know he caught my eye that game. lol... ive been closely watching the colts and their defense this year. im impressed as i think teh chiefs d is headed in the same direction. they are pretty good now.

chief31
11-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Good QB's make plays. Bad ones fail miserably. Huard falls into the latter of the two. Yes, the O line is terrible. But you can't put an 11 year backup into the same sentence as Brady, Favre or Manning. No comparison.

Trent Green, Steve Young, Rich Gannon. The comparisons are warranted by history.

Fact is, great quarterbacks make bad plays, when they have a bad offensive line. <see Brett Favre, '06 and '05.>

greg3564
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Trent Green, Steve Young, Rich Gannon. The comparisons are warranted by history.

Fact is, great quarterbacks make bad plays, when they have a bad offensive line. <see Brett Favre, '06 and '05.>

Comparing Huard to Favre is rudicrous. I'm sorry, you're comparing apples to oranges. Favre is a Pro Bowl QB with a Super Bowl ring. Huard is an 11 year backup who obviously had a fluke of a season last year. He was a mistake and they need to right this sinking ship.

Yeah, Favre had a couple tough years. But, he's had a great career and is destined to the Hall of Fame. He just hit a rough patch. What do we have to compare with Huard? 8 good games from last season and 8 mediocre games from this season. And, I might add, the defense was largely responsible for most of those wins. If our defense was average, our record would look like the Raiders or worse.

chief31
11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Comparing Huard to Favre is rudicrous. I'm sorry, you're comparing apples to oranges. Favre is a Pro Bowl QB with a Super Bowl ring. Huard is an 11 year backup who obviously had a fluke of a season last year. He was a mistake and they need to right this sinking ship.

Yeah, Favre had a couple tough years. But, he's had a great career and is destined to the Hall of Fame. He just hit a rough patch. What do we have to compare with Huard? 8 good games from last season and 8 mediocre games from this season. And, I might add, the defense was largely responsible for most of those wins. If our defense was average, our record would look like the Raiders or worse.

Any quarterback, including Brett Favre, struggles when they have a poor, or vastly inexperienced offensive line. The comparison between Favre and Huard is just that.

But, I believe that given a good offensive line, Damon Huard would be a Pro-Bowl quarterback.

How easy is it for you to just think that Brett Favre had a bad year? Have you ever seen an offensive lineman? Do you have any clue what they are for?

Huard sucks when he doesn't get any protection, and Brett Favre sucks when he doesn't get any protection.

m0ef0e
11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I thought this thread was about LJ. They said on ESPN yesterday that it looks like he may be out for about 3 weeks maybe at most. I've got a lot of confidence in Priest, but we really need LJ's physical run style back and beating up defenses asap.

luv
11-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I thought this thread was about LJ. They said on ESPN yesterday that it looks like he may be out for about 3 weeks maybe at most. I've got a lot of confidence in Priest, but we really need LJ's physical run style back and beating up defenses asap.
I hate to say it, but when has he been physical and beating up defenses so far this season?

KC Star said that they wouldn't get test results back until today to even know how serious things are or how long he'll be out.

m0ef0e
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I hate to say it, but when has he been physical and beating up defenses so far this season?

KC Star said that they wouldn't get test results back until today to even know how serious things are or how long he'll be out.

Who else on this team is better suited to have 3-4 guys hitting him in the backfield all the time? I love Priest and Smith may be ok but LJ is a big dude who can take those hits. Somebody else may have found themselves injured sooner.

sling58
11-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Edwards: Johnson's return against Broncos 'highly unlikely'

Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC) coach Herm Edwards says it's "highly unlikely" that Pro Bowl running back Larry Johnson will play Sunday against Denver.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/39.jpg Larry Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=JOH399484), RB
[/URL][URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC"]Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=KC)

Sunday vs. GB:
Touches: 22
Total YDs: 95
TD: 2

» Week 9: Injuries (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80228c77&template=without-video&confirm=true) | inactives (http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=09000d5d803dd39c&template=without-video&confirm=true)
» More: Scores (http://www.nfl.com/scores) | photos (http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chronicleId=09000d5d803de74b) | stat leaders (http://www.nfl.com/stats/weeklyleaders)

Johnson sustained what the Chiefs are calling a mid-foot injury to his right foot when he was tackled from behind after a short gain in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 33-22 loss to Green Bay. He was helped off the field by two trainers and was unable to put any weight on the foot.
The fifth-year back, who set an NFL record last season with 416 carries, has been off to a slow start after missing camp before signing a six-year, $45 million contract. Johnson ranks 14th in the league with 559 yards rushing, averaging 3.5 yards per carry with three touchdowns. The Chiefs running game had rebounded of late, as Johnson recorded 100-plus yards in three of the four previous games prior to the injury.
Priest Holmes (http://www.nfl.com/players/priestholmes/profile?id=HOL627237), 34, has made an amazing and unexpected comeback after missing almost two years with a spine injury, and will move up in the depth chart. He will share time with rookie Kolby Smith (http://www.nfl.com/players/kolbysmith/profile?id=SMI462984).
Even with Johnson, Kansas City ranks 30th in the NFL with 79.5 rushing yards per game.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

sling58
11-06-2007, 08:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803f7d0d

Video about LJ's injury. Doesn't show the injury just taling about it.