PDA

View Full Version : Johnson vs Holmes

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 08:29 PM
I dont know about wht all you are thinking , but from what I saw, Priest can run the ball in this offense better than LJ. Dont get me wrong , I love LJ....but he(LJ) keps ramming into the o line like he is actually gonna go somwhere? priest still shows his patience and running where there are yards! LJ learned this once from Priest but has since forgotton! I think Priest needs to show this "kid" some more moves! Go PH!!!

Coach
11-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I dont know about wht all you are thinking , but from what I saw, Priest can run the ball in this offense better than LJ. Dont get me wrong , I love LJ....but he(LJ) keps ramming into the o line like he is actually gonna go somwhere? priest still shows his patience and running where there are yards! LJ learned this once from Priest but has since forgotton! I think Priest needs to show this "kid" some more moves! Go PH!!!

Glad you like Priest running the ball, because I've got a feeling that he's gonna be for several weeks. LJ has his guaranteed money.

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Glad you like Priest running the ball, because I've got a feeling that he's gonna be for several weeks. LJ has his guaranteed money.
Well did you see the different styles of running? LJ bashes into nothing then gives up. But in the few plays I watched Priest he waited till he saw a place to go and instead of minus yards he atleast gained! Start him and look out he will rock our world!!!!!

timsatt1
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
LJ is not mobile and not quick enough to beat anyone around the outside. LJ is good for a team that has a great offensive line, but not good for creating yards on his own...in fact, he is bad at it.

Priest is quick and can get around the outside. He can also spin and juke people and twist for extra yardage. Also, Priest adds the blocking ability and is a pass threat.

Overall, with this team, Priest is by far no comparison the better runningback for this team. LJ did get some points today, but not from running really (yes the 1 yard run) but off of a screen pass.

Starting Priest would be one huge step in opening up our offense. But owners tend to play the players that they invested lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in. So we will probably continue to see LJ for that reason alone even though LJ is a mediocre back in the nfl.

McLovin
11-04-2007, 08:55 PM
LJ is not mobile and not quick enough to beat anyone around the outside. LJ is good for a team that has a great offensive line, but not good for creating yards on his own...in fact, he is bad at it.

Priest is quick and can get around the outside. He can also spin and juke people and twist for extra yardage. Also, Priest adds the blocking ability and is a pass threat.

I saw a couple of really sad attempts from Priest today at blocking, I hope he can step up and be at 100% again but I don't think he is there now.

Overall, with this team, Priest is by far no comparison the better runningback for this team. LJ did get some points today, but not from running really (yes the 1 yard run) but off of a screen pass.

You have to be kidding me, really, really, a few years ago Priest was the best back for the team, but right now I am worried with LJ out that our poor running this year is about to go non existent. I hope Priest can step up but he still doesn't look like he is all the way back.

Starting Priest would be one huge step in opening up our offense. But owners tend to play the players that they invested lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in. So we will probably continue to see LJ for that reason alone even though LJ is a mediocre back in the nfl.

Please correct me if I am wrong but it really sounds as if you are saying your happy that LJ got hurt. Hmmm well anyway have a nice day.

timsatt1
11-04-2007, 09:00 PM
yes i am happy that lj is hurt and priest MIGHT get the start next weekend. That is what I want to see.

hate me. I am not here to be liked.

and you are worried that if LJ is out then our running game would be non-existent? ummmmm

IT IS NON-EXISTENT!!!! you cant make a non-existant running game non existant.

hermhater
11-04-2007, 09:02 PM
LJ has had a couple of 100 yard games in a row.

And if you are happy a player is hurt, then I think I will go ahead and take you up on the offer and start hating you.

That is disgusting, and you are showing me that you are too.

Good luck trying to find someone else to argue with. If I were them I would just ignore this guy until he gets so offensive he is banned.

Thought you were actually coming around and seeing the light tim, but I was wrong.

Polleo Pit Man
11-04-2007, 09:04 PM

LJ is one of the best running backs in the NFL! Its just not working out right now with his style of running. He needs some reason to go that extra mile not that he shouldnt with his contract, but without competition he has been slacking.

timsatt1
11-04-2007, 09:05 PM
LJ has had a couple of 100 yard games in a row.

And if you are happy a player is hurt, then I think I will go ahead and take you up on the offer and start hating you.

That is disgusting, and you are showing me that you are too.

Good luck trying to find someone else to argue with. If I were them I would just ignore this guy until he gets so offensive he is banned.

Thought you were actually coming around and seeing the light tim, but I was wrong.

tear

McLovin
11-04-2007, 09:14 PM
YouTube - You Lose! Good Day Sir!

chief31
11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
LJ is one of the best running backs in the NFL! Its just not working out right now with his style of running. He needs some reason to go that extra mile not that he shouldnt with his contract, but without competition he has been slacking.

I never did believe that he was as good as his numbers, but he definitley has some valuable tools for a runningback. I think he is in the right system, but with the wrong linemen in front of him. That, and he really doesn't seem to have much interest in blocking, or running outside. But I would definitely feel more comfortable with him playing right now.

marctahoe65
11-04-2007, 09:16 PM
well, i think priest and lj are both fantastic runners, it just appears with the o-line we have that holmes would be the better choice given he hits the edge so fast. i dont think he is 100%, but he is close. it would be nice to use both more effectively, but the reality is the man makin the big bucks will get the call even if he is not produceing like he should be.

timsatt1
11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
well, i think priest and lj are both fantastic runners, it just appears with the o-line we have that holmes would be the better choice given he hits the edge so fast. i dont think he is 100%, but he is close. it would be nice to use both more effectively, but the reality is the man makin the big bucks will get the call even if he is not produceing like he should be.

yes, that is the key. Even if priest outperforms LJ, when lj is healthy, his starting position is locked in by the millions the Chiefs Org gave him.

YZILLA
11-06-2007, 06:06 AM
All I know is everyone had to have been shi**ing themeselves when LJ went down. And I know you were going crazy when he dove over the pile on the beautiful Screen play when He grabbed the flag and staked it in the ground ! Tell me you werent ! I dont care if you like him or resent him , we need him .He has been awsome catching the ball this year ( something many many people said he sucked at last year ). We just need to use him differently until we get some beefy 300 pounders on the Oline to push people backwards. I loved the call of the screen pass when he scored. Matter of fact ask HH or bryanC if I didnt call it right before he threw it. By the way Priest is ready , he got a taste of the endzone now. We are gonna roll on the Donkeys. Keep in mind that had Bowe not gotten hurt, and LJ gone down we might have had two more guys to THROW the ball to that are great runners after the catch. OUR O-Line is what is hurting our offense and TY Law is what is killing us deep ! He gave up two touchdowns that a younger faster guy wouldnt have . How much did we lose by ? Less that 14 points . Ty Law was great at one time . He is our weakest link at covering guys deep. He would be a better playing closer off the line and letting page cover his area deep.

m0ef0e
11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
All I know is everyone had to have been shi**ing themeselves when LJ went down. And I know you were going crazy when he dove over the pile on the beautiful Screen play when He grabbed the flag and staked it in the ground ! Tell me you werent ! I dont care if you like him or resent him , we need him .He has been awsome catching the ball this year ( something many many people said he sucked at last year ). We just need to use him differently until we get some beefy 300 pounders on the Oline to push people backwards. I loved the call of the screen pass when he scored. Matter of fact ask HH or bryanC if I didnt call it right before he threw it. By the way Priest is ready , he got a taste of the endzone now. We are gonna roll on the Donkeys. Keep in mind that had Bowe not gotten hurt, and LJ gone down we might have had two more guys to THROW the ball to that are great runners after the catch. OUR O-Line is what is hurting our offense and TY Law is what is killing us deep ! He gave up two touchdowns that a younger faster guy wouldnt have . How much did we lose by ? Less that 14 points . Ty Law was great at one time . He is our weakest link at covering guys deep. He would be a better playing closer off the line and letting page cover his area deep.

Awesome post! :sign0098: I agree and rep added.

Three7s
11-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I agree with the offense, but Law didn't get beaten on that big play, if that's what you're talking about. =P

m0ef0e
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree with the offense, but Law didn't get beaten on that big play, if that's what you're talking about. =P

Ty Law gave up a bunch of third downs against Jax because he knows he is vulnerable against the deep ball. Even if it wasn't him on a particular play, I have seen him give up more passing plays than any other Chiefs' defender this year.

hermhater
11-06-2007, 04:09 PM

That is true. I was screaming with joy at the TV while LJ was running down the sidelines, and dove over that wuss at the goal line!

:sign0098:

McLovin
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Yes he said ... try to remember the wording, but something to the effect of, this would be a great time for a screen, or Huard should try a screen ... something like that.

At that moment and just for that moment I started praying to YZilla cause I knew he had divine intervention to get herm to listen.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ (http://www.mtzic.com/chiefs/sign2.jpg)

YZILLA
11-06-2007, 07:29 PM
OK with 19 seconds left in the third quarter Farve threw a slant route to jennings to the direction of Ty Law he wasnt the only one arounf the guy but he should have been between the endzone and the reciever because the slant came right at his corner of the endzone. (Not completely his fault but I say 75% ) . The long pass in the 4th with 3:19 left if you look in the replay from the endzone point of view you will see Ty Law near the line of scrimmage looking on from behind . I belive that is his corner to cover . Donnie Edwards and Surtan were the closest to the reciever at the point of the catch so either Ty law fell down or he was on a blitz. Either or the point is meaningless now. But we all know that He has been burnt more times than he should be for a Superbowl ring wearing Vetran with his experience . He is slow and needs to be utilized in a postion where he is not the safety net of a broken or big play . I should have stated that Mcintosh is a fat slow Turd that would be better off on Defense plugging a running lane. Because he got burnt by younger faster defensive lineman. His feet were like cement at the snapp of the ball. That last sack after we went behind in points before Huard threw the pick Killed us thanks to Mcintosh.

sling58
11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
OK with 19 seconds left in the third quarter Farve threw a slant route to jennings to the direction of Ty Law he wasnt the only one arounf the guy but he should have been between the endzone and the reciever because the slant came right at his corner of the endzone. (Not completely his fault but I say 75% ) . The long pass in the 4th with 3:19 left if you look in the replay from the endzone point of view you will see Ty Law near the line of scrimmage looking on from behind . I belive that is his corner to cover . Donnie Edwards and Surtan were the closest to the reciever at the point of the catch so either Ty law fell down or he was on a blitz. Either or the point is meaningless now. But we all know that He has been burnt more times than he should be for a Superbowl ring wearing Vetran with his experience . He is slow and needs to be utilized in a postion where he is not the safety net of a broken or big play . I should have stated that Mcintosh is a fat slow Turd that would be better off on Defense plugging a running lane. Because he got burnt by younger faster defensive lineman. His feet were like cement at the snapp of the ball. That last sack after we went behind in points before Huard threw the pick Killed us thanks to Mcintosh.

I think I recall he fell down.

hermhater
11-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the analysis Zilla!

Macintosh is a friggin bandaid that HERM tried to put on a hemorrhaging jugular vein.

Law is burned on a weekly basis, and I remember watching him telling one of the safeties to cover a guy and then going over and defending the pylon with no receiver within 25 yards of him.

Ty Law is the weak link in our secondary, any way you look at it.

D-BoweB-Croyle=chiefs#1
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Priest Holmes is a better running back, Larry Johnson looks like he's not even trying. He pretty much walks up to the hole not just hitting it hard like he use to. Also another positive about priest is that he can go up and down threw the hole and left and right on the outside of the field, which johnson has a big problem with. Priest (hopefully) has a bunch of built up anxiety from being out for such a long time.