timbok
11-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Trent Green Could Be Your Quarterback?
Lol.

Chiefster
11-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Lol.

I actually was hoping for just that scenario at the start of the season.

timbok
11-05-2007, 08:41 AM
well...he got injured...4 games into the season..and u would still have that joke of a QB in

Guru
11-05-2007, 08:53 AM
well...he got injured...4 games into the season..and u would still have that joke of a QB in
But, he gives us the best chance to win....

Chiefster
11-05-2007, 08:55 AM
But, he gives us the best chance to win....

Heh!:lol:

sling58
11-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Lol.

So how are the JETS doing this year?

Three7s
11-05-2007, 04:13 PM
They have Pennington, can't be too good!

wolfpack
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
who in the he!! is the jets qb? i thought so,a nobody who is as good as huard.

McLovin
11-05-2007, 05:22 PM
dont slam pennington too much, now that they moved on and Hermie is her Pennington might take over for Huard. I wouldn't bet against it.

Is it ok to slam a possible future Chiefs QB cause everyone (ok a few not everyone) gets their panties in a bunch if you point out the current QBs flaws.

chief31
11-06-2007, 07:52 AM
dont slam pennington too much, now that they moved on and Hermie is her Pennington might take over for Huard. I wouldn't bet against it.

Is it ok to slam a possible future Chiefs QB cause everyone (ok a few not everyone) gets their panties in a bunch if you point out the current QBs flaws.

I tend to like when people point out our offensive line problems by citing the same one name, over and over... Huard!!!!!

It amazes me that Some people can blame the offensive line, when it comes to LJ and the running game, then excuse that same group, when it comes to the passing game.

m0ef0e
11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I tend to like when people point out our offensive line problems by citing the same one name, over and over... Huard!!!!!

It amazes me that Some people can blame the offensive line, when it comes to LJ and the running game, then excuse that same group, when it comes to the passing game.

Maybe it's just because the offensive line has been so forgettable this year.

hermhater
11-06-2007, 04:17 PM

I haven't forgotten the O line when I talk about putting in Croyle, it is because of the O line that I think we need him.

Huard has ZERO chance at avoiding the inevitable rush that is coming. Maybe the kid can scramble like Romo.

chief31
11-07-2007, 10:34 AM
...except when it comes to the running game. :D

DrunkHillbilly
11-07-2007, 10:48 AM
...except when it comes to the running game. :D
There is however a difference in giving the QB time in the pocket and creating holes for the RB.

chief31
11-07-2007, 11:09 AM

There is however a difference in giving the QB time in the pocket and creating holes for the RB.

Yes there is. And this offensive line is failing at both. It is entirely evident, but seems that people are trying to avoid seeing one of those failures.

DrunkHillbilly
11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes there is. And this offensive line is failing at both. It is entirely evident, but seems that people are trying to avoid seeing one of those failures.
I agree to a certain extent but I think the QB has been given far more time in the pocket than the RB has been given holes to run through. A little play action in my mind would do wonders to this offense! A bootleg or two would help that O line a bundle!

chief31
11-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I agree to a certain extent but I think the QB has been given far more time in the pocket than the RB has been given holes to run through. A little play action in my mind would do wonders to this offense! A bootleg or two would help that O line a bundle!

And the passing game has generally been the only offensive production thus far too. But getting sacked 23 times in 8 games says alot about the offensive lines pass-protection.

But many choose to just think that Huard is to blame for that. Maybe if he were mobile, like Michael Vick.

DrunkHillbilly
11-07-2007, 11:26 AM
And the passing game has generally been the only offensive production thus far too. But getting sacked 23 times in 8 games says alot about the offensive lines pass-protection.

But many choose to just think that Huard is to blame for that. Maybe if he were mobile, like Michael Vick.
A lot of times it looks to me like Huard doesn't get deep enough in the pocket. 3 or 5 steps as opposed to 7. When the line collapses as much as it does, I would think he would want to get as big a cushion as he could. Also with a bottleg or even just some halfway decent play action, those LB's may be less apt to bring it if they know a screen or a little dump out is coming.

chief31
11-07-2007, 11:37 AM
A lot of times it looks to me like Huard doesn't get deep enough in the pocket. 3 or 5 steps as opposed to 7. When the line collapses as much as it does, I would think he would want to get as big a cushion as he could. Also with a bottleg or even just some halfway decent play action, those LB's may be less apt to bring it if they know a screen or a little dump out is coming.

That seven-step drop exposes him to the Chiefs' offensive lines worts weakness. Speed-rush to the outside. The Chiefs may have implemented the shorter drops to avoid that kind of pressure.

DrunkHillbilly
11-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Back to my position on the screens and dump offs with a little play action. May keep those outside DE's from comin so hard.

Chiefster
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I agree that our week "O" line is the biggest problem and that the way you slow down an aggressive "D" is be implementing "screens, draws, and play action". The Chiefs have one and lack the other IMO.