PDA

View Full Version : Pats accuse the Colts of Cheating.

McLovin
11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Patriots accuse Colts of cheating (http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/11/05/patriots-accuse-colts-of-cheating/)

In a case of “the pot calling the kettle black”, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the National Football League is checking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts had noise piped into the RCA Dome on Sunday during the New England-Indianapolis game. This charge comes from none other than Patriots president Jonathan Bellikraft Kraft. NFL spokeman Greg Aiello said on Monday to Cole that, “We’re aware of it and we’re looking into it. It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we’re checking it out.” Apparently, observers at the game noticed that there seemed to be a “skip” in the sound during the game, which may or may not substantiate the accusation of the Colts piping in crowd noise to distract their opponents’ offense. Aiello noted, “We’re aware of the accusations, but there has never been anything to substantiate it.”
Kraft approached NFL Vice President of Security Milt Ahlerich about the noise allegation and angrily asked the league to check into it. Even Patriots quarterback Tom Brady got into the act, saying, “I don’t know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn’t hear anything out there.” This piece of drama should only intensify what is already a tense rivalry between these 2 teams. Be that as it may, and while it is true that no team should have to resort to trickery to gain an advantage, the Patriots are the last team that needs to be accusing anyone of anything - especially in light of “Cameragate”.

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/11/05/patriots-accuse-colts-of-cheating/

anaeelbackwards
11-05-2007, 07:38 PM
jeez not this camera gate thing all over again. i know the patriots were accused of doing it, and now they are calling people out? can't the pats just put a nail in the coffin and get over it? both teams are very good and don't need to cheat to win games.

hermhater
11-05-2007, 07:39 PM
They said today on SportsCenter that it was just a feedback issue from the production van, and the NFL and CBS took the blame. Saying that it was only noticed to the televised audience, and that it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

sling58
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Patriots accuse Colts of cheating (http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/11/05/patriots-accuse-colts-of-cheating/)

In a case of “the pot calling the kettle black”, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the National Football League is checking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts had noise piped into the RCA Dome on Sunday during the New England-Indianapolis game. This charge comes from none other than Patriots president Jonathan Bellikraft Kraft. NFL spokeman Greg Aiello said on Monday to Cole that, “We’re aware of it and we’re looking into it. It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we’re checking it out.” Apparently, observers at the game noticed that there seemed to be a “skip” in the sound during the game, which may or may not substantiate the accusation of the Colts piping in crowd noise to distract their opponents’ offense. Aiello noted, “We’re aware of the accusations, but there has never been anything to substantiate it.”
Kraft approached NFL Vice President of Security Milt Ahlerich about the noise allegation and angrily asked the league to check into it. Even Patriots quarterback Tom Brady got into the act, saying, “I don’t know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn’t hear anything out there.” This piece of drama should only intensify what is already a tense rivalry between these 2 teams. Be that as it may, and while it is true that no team should have to resort to trickery to gain an advantage, the Patriots are the last team that needs to be accusing anyone of anything - especially in light of “Cameragate”.

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/11/05/patriots-accuse-colts-of-cheating/

I thought you could only accuse someone of cheating if you lost the game? This is just plain crazy. The Pats won the game and they are still complaining? This is another reason why I don't like this team. If they win the Superbowl this year I think there should be an " * " on the Lombardi trophy just like there will be a " * " on the home run ball that Bonds hit to break Aaron's record. Pure crap I say.

anaeelbackwards
11-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I thought you could only accuse someone of cheating if you lost the game? This is just plain crazy. The Pats won the game and they are still complaining? This is another reason why I don't like this team. If they win the Superbowl this year I think there should be an " * " on the Lombardi trophy just like there will be a " * " on the home run ball that Bonds hit to break Aaron's record. Pure crap I say.

hahaha. me too, i have no idea why i hate the patriots so much... i was really hoping the colts would win that game... no astrice on their games, they have a tenacious d and a high flying offense. they would deserve it.. but damn that team, still i have no reason why i would hate them, i just do. :11:

sling58
11-05-2007, 08:53 PM
FROM CBSSPORTSLINE I found this reading thru.

NFL backs Colts on allegations artificial noise was piped into RCA Dome

Nov. 5, 2007
CBSSports.com wire reports http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/09/2.jpg

The Indianapolis Colts (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/page/IND) contend the debate about the decibel level in the RCA Dome is merely noise, and now they have the NFL taking their side.

A day after some unusual sounds were heard during the Colts-Patriots broadcast Sunday, the NFL issued a statement saying what sounded like simulated crowd noise was actually created by the CBS production crew, not the Colts.
"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," the league said. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."
Network officials did not give any additional details, referring only to the league's statement. The telecast received the highest rating overnight rating, 22.5, of any Sunday afternoon regular-season NFL game since at least 1987 and had a 39 share nationally.
The website YouTube carried a 1-minute, 10-second clip entitled "Indy Cheats" that replayed the moments in question.
On the first play of the fourth quarter, a 14-yard pass from Tom Brady to Randy Moss, the crowd noise is heard before and during the play, then immediately cuts out when Moss is tackled. In addition, there appeared to be a vibration in the sound while the crowd was cheering.
A published report on yahoo.com said Patriots president Jonathan Kraft complained to NFL vice president of security Milt Ahlerich afterward. Kraft is the son of Patriots owner Robert Kraft.
Any enhancement of crowd noise would violate NFL rules, and Patriots spokesman Stacey James denied the team either filed or intended to file a formal complaint with the league.
It's not the first time Indianapolis has been accused of such tactics. The Pittsburgh Steelers complained about the same thing after a 26-7 loss at the dome in November 2005. Since then, other teams have informally contended there is artificial noise pumped into the dome.
The Colts have continually denied the accusations, and issued their strongest worded statement yet on Monday.
"We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way," the team said.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick, no stranger to controversy, did not discuss those allegations during his regularly scheduled news conference Monday. Instead, Belichick said he was more concerned with communication problems he said existed between Patriots coaches and Brady.
"Basically, we didn't have a coach-to-quarterback operation, so we had to signal in all of the plays, which is unusual, but that's the way it was," he said. "What all was going on, I can't tell you, but I can tell you that, from a functional standpoint, the coach-to-quarterback was basically useless."
The latest accusations add yet another chapter to this already heated rivalry.
There have been complaints about leaving the field at Gillette Stadium uncovered the night before games and contentions Pats defenders were illegally holding receivers downfield.
Now there's crowd noise, communication issues and even something as simple as a postgame handshake between Colts coach Tony Dungy and Belichick, who quickly walked past Dungy as Dungy attempted to speak with him Sunday.
Dungy downplayed the incident.
"Bill is fine, he's a good guy, that's the way he is win or lose," Dungy said. "He's just an intense guy out there. I wouldn't describe it any way other than what it is."

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

hermhater
11-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Might want to go back and edit that thingy sling...

Chiefster
11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
They got precious little room to talk IMO.

Chiefster
11-05-2007, 08:57 PM

Done.

sling58
11-05-2007, 09:00 PM

I did....I think! :D

Chiefster
11-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I did....I think! :D

Look again... :)

sling58
11-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Look again... :)

Well, he did it then.......thanks Chiefster. I tried to!

:bananen_smilies046: (diet coke in your glass, beer in mine)

hermhater
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM

Done.

Might want to visit the Reid Double Standard thread and do some more editing Chiefster...

:lol:

sling58
11-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Might want to visit the Reid Double Standard thread and do some more editing Chiefster...

yeah you might want to........I posted there also....

:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, he did it then.......thanks Chiefster. I tried to!

:bananen_smilies046: (diet coke in your glass, beer in mine)

Welcome! :D

Will do. :11:

sling58
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM

ESPN and Shula took my idea and ran with it!

Don Shula likes the Patriots (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe)' chances of going undefeated, but the Bill Belichick-inspired spying scandal has clouded Shula's thinking when comparing New England with his unbeaten 1972 Dolphins team.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/63.jpg AP Photo/Jeff Chiu
To his chagrin, Don Shula believes the Patriots and Barry Bonds have something in common.

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished," Shula said in an interview with the New York Daily News. "You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it."
Belichick was fined $500,000 and the Patriots were fined $250,000 and lost a first-round draft pick for videotaping the Jets' opposing sideline during the teams' season-opening game.
"That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found," Shula said, according to the Daily News. "I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record.
"I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No. 1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5228) looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help."
The way the Patriots have been playing, Shula and the '72 Dolphins might find themselves answering more questions than in past years about whether their record will stand. New England improved to 9-0 on Sunday by beating the previously unbeaten Colts (7-1) in Indianapolis.
There have been serious runs made at the Dolphins' record before. The 1985 Bears started 12-0, then lost on a Monday night to a Dolphins team coached by Shula. The 1991 Redskins started 11-0 and the 1998 Broncos and 2005 Colts opened 13-0 before losing. Although members of the '72 Dolphins have become known for sipping champagne after the last unbeaten team falls by the wayside each season, Shula says stories of that annual celebration "have been blown out of proportion."
"You guys put forth the myth that we are pathetic losers down here clicking champagne glasses and clinging desperately to a record set 35 years ago," former Dolphins tight end Jim Mandich told the Daily News. "Somehow we've been portrayed as being evil. We don't ever blow our own horn. It's a great record, but the record doesn't get beaten.
"The Patriots have assembled a powerhouse of a team. They are a classy bunch of guys and play ball the right way. If they want to join the unbeaten club, come on aboard."