PDA

View Full Version : Well here is a crazy thought....

ctchiefsfan
12-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Check out the article linked below. Some guy from ESPN is suggesting that might be interested in trading for Alex. I'm not in a hurry to see Alex go, but with a cap hit of $20.6 million and our Chiefs in eternal cap hell I just don't see us keeping him and having Mahomes hold a clipboard for another year. So for better or worse I think this is the last year we will see Alex in a Chiefs uniform. So it becomes a matter of who can we trade him to and how much can we get? Answer...The Bills! After all, they hold our 1st round pick next year plus our own. The Bills don't seem too excited about Tyrod Taylor (having benched him for Peterman in that disastrous mistake earlier this season) so they might be interested in a veteran QB like Alex. They can make the $20.6 million in cap space by dealing Taylor ($16 million cap hit) to another team that needs a QB. So it all makes a certain amount of sense.

But here is the more interesting thought. I'm sure we have all considered the idea that Dorsey at the Browns with more draft picks than he knows what to do with might be interested in Alex. Maybe we could get the Browns and the Bills in a bidding war for Alex? Wonder if we could get our 1st round pick back from the Bills?

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/12/19/16793116/espn-predicts-alex-smith-will-be-buffalo-bills-starting-quarterback-in-2018-trade-tyrod-taylor

Chiefs4life24
12-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Would rather have the Browns pick it's in the top 10. Then we use that to trade back into the middle to late first and gain an extra 2nd and or 3rd as a package deal. Boom we're back to full allotment of picks

ctchiefsfan
12-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Would rather have the Browns pick it's in the top 10. Then we use that to trade back into the middle to late first and gain an extra 2nd and or 3rd as a package deal. Boom we're back to full allotment of picks

EVEN BETTER C4L! However having the Bills sniffing around might help force Dorsey to do that. I really like the idea of having 2 teams that might want him.

Eydugstr
12-20-2017, 08:16 PM

THIS. We have too many needs to get by with FA rookie pickups.

Seek
12-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Lets win against the Tuna, so Mahomes can start the last week against Denver giving Alex a break. Unless we are completely in a rebuil mode, I prefer we keep Alex one more year.

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Lets win against the Tuna, so Mahomes can start the last week against Denver giving Alex a break. Unless we are completely in a rebuil mode, I prefer we keep Alex one more year.

I DO TOO!!!! Just steeling myself for what I'm pretty damned sure is going to happen.

Chiefs4life24
12-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Mahomes baby, book it I promise you will like this kid

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2017, 11:22 PM
Mahomes baby, book it I promise you will like this kid

DAMN! Another one of your predictions! Maybe I need to go to Vegas with a wad of cash and get some advance odds on how many games Mahomes wins next year?

But in all seriousness, I am looking forward to the Mahomes era. I like the kid and I think Reid will do a good job of ridding him of some of his reckless tendencies from college. I was pretty reckless in college myself. :)

All that said though, I'm going to be sad to see Alex go. I mean c'mon....would you expect anything different from a guy that still gets his knickers in a twist about a game that happened 46 years ago. I'm a loyal little S.O.B.

Coach
12-22-2017, 01:13 PM
My quick thoughts on the posts above.
1. Almost guaranteed that this is Alex’s last season as a Chief.
2. No way in hell the Browns would trade the top pick in the draft for Alex. Maybe I read your post wrong. If we got our pick back from the Bills I’d be THRILLED. I really doubt there will be any trading between Dorsey and the Chiefs for years to come given how things went down. We’ll be fortunate to get a 2nd rd pick for him.

Next year is a rebuild year for the Chiefs. No tamba, no dj, no Alex. I’m personally looking forward to the Mahomes era. I’m sure it will
come with some lumps, but’s it’s not like this year didn’t come with lumps.

ctchiefsfan
12-22-2017, 03:31 PM
1. Almost guaranteed that this is Alex’s last season as a Chief.

Couldn't agree with you more Coach. Like it or not I am convinced that is reality.

2. No way in hell the Browns would trade the top pick in the draft for Alex. Maybe I read your post wrong. If we got our pick back from the Bills I’d be THRILLED.

Again, I agree COMPLETELY. But the Browns have 2 1st round picks in next year's draft so I think it's at least possible that Dorsey *might* give up his 2cond 1st round pick for Alex. But I'd be thrilled if we got ANY 1st round pick for Alex given that he's almost sure to be gone next year and I'd rather get a good pick for him than cut him.

I really doubt there will be any trading between Dorsey and the Chiefs for years to come given how things went down.

You may well be right about that....but I sincerely hope you are wrong. I LIKE Dorsey.

Next year is a rebuild year for the Chiefs. No tamba, no dj, no Alex.

I'll be damned sorry to lose Tamba but the truth is that he is running out of gas. Maybe I'm nuts, but I think DJ has another year in him. I think Reid can at least get us a winning season next year if Mahomes doesn't go bust on us.

I’m personally looking forward to the Mahomes era. I’m sure it will
come with some lumps, but’s it’s not like this year didn’t come with lumps.

Right again on both counts. I hate that we're going to dump Alex, but I'm excited about seeing what Mahomes can do when it matters. Mahomes has the talent. He has the character. Now we will see if our coaching staff has what it takes to make him into a winning QB.

matthewschiefs
12-24-2017, 12:38 AM
Here's not a crazy thought but a crazy fact I just thought to look this up tonight

Alex Smith is putting up near TOM BRADY numbers

Brady has 3 more td passes but also has 50 more passes thrown. They both have a td% of 5.4% And Brady is only .1 YPA higher then Alex. WOW never thought he would be up there with Brady but this season he is

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Here's not a crazy thought but a crazy fact I just thought to look this up tonight

Alex Smith is putting up near TOM BRADY numbers

Brady has 3 more td passes but also has 50 more passes thrown. They both have a td% of 5.4% And Brady is only .1 YPA higher then Alex. WOW never thought he would be up there with Brady but this season he is

WOW!!!! Good old "game manager Alex" putting up Brady numbers! Doubt anybody would have ever expected to see that!