PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays my Chiefs Friends!

KCMASS
12-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Just wanted to reach out & say have a safe & wonderful holiday. I've never used this forum more then I ever had & so enjoy it. Not many Christians (let alone Catholics) here in Istanbul. I think there's 120,000 of us out of a population on 80 million. We're having Turkey on Monday. It's not like back home in terms of buying one @ a supermarket. You have to find a special store to purchase one. BTW...ours is from the good old USA. Can't wait to have some cold turkey sandwiches next week! One thing I can say with confidence is it will not be a "White Christmas" for us. Have a great time all!

Eydugstr
12-23-2017, 11:38 AM
TY Kcmass - Hope you have a great holiday! Can only imagine how different the holidays must feel in Istanbul.

KCMASS
12-23-2017, 01:19 PM
TY Kcmass - Hope you have a great holiday! Can only imagine how different the holidays must feel in Istanbul.

It's so very different. Not seeing Christmas trees, lights in the windows etc. I came here to travel & found a girl (Catholic no less) by chance (what are the chances of that here?) I believe in fate. I just "lucked out" Crazy year for me. It's so good though. Now let's kick some Dolphin butt tomorrow! It will be 8:00 PM here for me (no problem)

NJChiefs
12-23-2017, 01:33 PM
It's so very different. Not seeing Christmas trees, lights in the windows etc. I came here to travel & found a girl (Catholic no less) by chance (what are the chances of that here?) I believe in fate. I just "lucked out" Crazy year for me. It's so good though. Now let's kick some Dolphin butt tomorrow! It will be 8:00 PM here for me (no problem)

What are the chances of that? Exactly 0.15% according to your figures. Which is exactly the chances that Miami has of beating us this weekend! Merry Christmas!

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2017, 01:56 PM
Merry christmas all!

KCMASS
12-23-2017, 02:00 PM
What are the chances of that? Exactly 0.15% according to your figures. Which is exactly the chances that Miami has of beating us this weekend! Merry Christmas!

NJ...I'm laughing so hard right now! I mean it. Reading your reply took me over a minute to gain my composure. Correct. They're not many of us. We travel in "packs" Like wolves. I must admit it's a secular society here & all people are very cool. It's like an open city of sorts. Anything goes.

We MUST beat Miami tomorrow! No excuses. If we do...then we might take the AFC West,

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2017, 02:05 PM
If we do...then we might take the AFC West,

If we beat the Dolphins then we DO take the AFC West. We can sew it up tomorrow.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2017, 04:27 PM
Happy Holidays to everyone

May we spend a Merry Christmas hopefully celebrating a AFC west title for the 2nd year in a row

Eydugstr
12-23-2017, 04:45 PM

When I hear about your situation (being in Istanbul, finding a s/o that's the same religion) it makes me think of some of my girlfriend's co-workers who came from Eqypt. Really nice people that had to leave because of their religion (Christian).

Eydugstr
12-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Happy Holidays to everyone

May we spend a Merry Christmas hopefully celebrating a AFC west title for the 2nd year in a row

Agreed. Time to stomp some 'phins into the turf at Arrowhead and take care of business.

Chiefs4life24
12-23-2017, 05:58 PM
My Christmas too all. And the shocking thing is the Chiefs have never won back to back division titles in franchise history

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2017, 08:53 PM
My Christmas too all. And the shocking thing is the Chiefs have never won back to back division titles in franchise history

But we are going to. With Alex Smith and Andy Reid.

Eydugstr
12-24-2017, 09:51 AM

What a nice gift to KC that would be. STOMP FLIPPER

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Fish come to KC. GET FRIED!!! BIG fish fry!

Chiefs4life24
12-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Fish come to KC. GET FRIED!!! BIG fish fry!

Lure your enemies in with kindness buddy

KCMASS
12-24-2017, 12:59 PM
When I hear about your situation (being in Istanbul, finding a s/o that's the same religion) it makes me think of some of my girlfriend's co-workers who came from Eqypt. Really nice people that had to leave because of their religion (Christian).

EY. Currently...Egypt is much more violent then Turkey. People really don't care want religion you are. It's pretty stable here. You just need to be respectful of everyone (respect is HUGE here) In some parts of the city they adore American culture. When people know I'm from the states...they'll ask me a million questions about what it's like to live there. I just say...It's like here, but different.

Chiefster
12-25-2017, 12:39 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS KMASS! :smile