PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Presents.

ctchiefsfan
12-25-2017, 10:23 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS CHIEFS FANS! Which one of Santa's gifts do you want to open first? One contains back to back AFC West Championships. Another has 3 players each with over 1,000 yards from scrimmage. Yet another has a QB with over 4,000 yards passing, almost 400 yards rushing, 26 TDs and only 5 INTs and a QB rating of 104.7. There is even a gift with a cheaper than dirt kicker who is 36/40 on field goals including 4 from 50+ yards and a 90% success rate. Oh...and over there in the corner I see a gift that contains a cornerback with 5 picks and 4 forced fumbles. Have fun opening them. We must all have been very good boys because Santa has been very good to us.

Eydugstr
12-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Alex might have one more game to go in the regular season, and definitely one more game to add to his totals. Hope the team fun celebrating the holidays. The team gave their fans a great present this year with back to back AFC West titles. And they're not done yet.

Reid dressed up as Santa during the postgame talk was great.

ctchiefsfan
12-25-2017, 12:15 PM
Alex might have one more game to go in the regular season, and definitely one more game to add to his totals. Hope the team fun celebrating the holidays. The team gave their fans a great present this year with back to back AFC West titles.

It will be interesting to see who Reid starts next week.

And they're not done yet.

Yeah....we all know what the Chiefs plans for Alex are, but there is an old saying...."The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley," And I suspect Alex fully intends to make it very difficult for the Chiefs to carry out their plans. I mean honestly...do you really trade or cut a QB who has just taken you to a Super Bowl for the first time in 48 years?

Reid dressed up as Santa during the postgame talk was great.

Yes...that was CLASSIC! SO VERY FITTING!

Chiefster
12-25-2017, 12:32 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS CROWD!!! :smile

Seek
12-26-2017, 08:43 AM
The corner gift. I am still not sure on. It was defective, but we replaced it batteries and it seems to be working but there still may me a short in the wiring.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2017, 09:16 AM
The corner gift. I am still not sure on. It was defective, but we replaced it batteries and it seems to be working but there still may me a short in the wiring.

I hear you. That why I put it in the corner. :smile

Eydugstr
12-26-2017, 11:01 AM
This christmas brought us another gift...The Eagles beating the Raiders.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2017, 11:14 AM
This christmas brought us another gift...The Eagles beating the Raiders.

YUP! Now I just want to see the Chargers eliminated. I know we have beaten them twice already but I wouldn't want to see them in the playoffs. Not easy to beat the same team 3 times in a season.

Chiefs4life24
12-26-2017, 11:21 AM
but we could

Eydugstr
12-26-2017, 11:22 AM
It will be interesting to see who Reid starts next week.

Yeah....we all know what the Chiefs plans for Alex are, but there is an old saying...."The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley," And I suspect Alex fully intends to make it very difficult for the Chiefs to carry out their plans. I mean honestly...do you really trade or cut a QB who has just taken you to a Super Bowl for the first time in 48 years?

Yes...that was CLASSIC! SO VERY FITTING!

I'm on the fence about starting Alex or Mahomes next week. On one hand, Reid has benched the starters in favor of giving them some rest before the playoffs (when we started our backups against the Chargers a few years back) but I'm also thinking of the old saying "Dance with the one that brung ya."

Also believe in what Alex told the press about not expecting to be a Chief after this season. If that's the case, and that's the reason why Alex is having a career best season, let him keep racking up the yards and upping his trade value. If he gets us to a super bowl, and it's because of his play at QB there will be a lot more teams willing to pony up the money and draft picks at the trade table.

We've got Dorsey taking over the Browns, if they hire on Brad Childress as an offensive coordinator he'll be wanting to draft a QB to develop but can imagine he'd like a veteran QB to help that team build without tanking a season or scaring away what few fans the Browns have left. I'm not sure what their cap situation is, but they have draft picks to spare. If KC gets it's draft picks back, we'll be able to pick up a better no. 2 cornerback or pass rusher, and still get a better WR to add to the WR corps.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm on the fence about starting Alex or Mahomes next week. On one hand, Reid has benched the starters in favor of giving them some rest before the playoffs (when we started our backups against the Chargers a few years back) but I'm also thinking of the old saying "Dance with the one that brung ya."

Yup. The other thing is that Reid teams seem to run in streaks. It would worry me if we lost to Denver. I don't want to see this mini-streak get broken.

Also believe in what Alex told the press about not expecting to be a Chief after this season.

I must have missed that comment by Alex.

If that's the case, and that's the reason why Alex is having a career best season, let him keep racking up the yards and upping his trade value. If he gets us to a super bowl, and it's because of his play at QB there will be a lot more teams willing to pony up the money and draft picks at the trade table.

Agreed.

We've got Dorsey taking over the Browns, if they hire on Brad Childress as an offensive coordinator he'll be wanting to draft a QB to develop but can imagine he'd like a veteran QB to help that team build without tanking a season or scaring away what few fans the Browns have left. I'm not sure what their cap situation is, but they have draft picks to spare. If KC gets it's draft picks back, we'll be able to pick up a better no. 2 cornerback or pass rusher, and still get a better WR to add to the WR corps.

My worry is that teams won't try to trade for him on the theory that we are going to cut him anyway. And naturally, I'm worried about handing over the offense to a QB we haven't seen in regular season action when we already have a damned good QB.

Eydugstr
12-26-2017, 12:41 PM
I must have missed that comment by Alex.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1372023 It's been posted on other sports news sites but for some reason this link is the one that keeps coming up in my search engine.

My worry is that teams won't try to trade for him on the theory that we are going to cut him anyway. And naturally, I'm worried about handing over the offense to a QB we haven't seen in regular season action when we already have a damned good QB.

Very possible. It's been said before, but there's no guarantee that Dorsey would be overtly willing to trade with us anyhow. I'm trying to connect the dots of the needs of both teams to figure out what's most likely to happen.

NJChiefs
12-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Honest answers. If you knew nothing about Alex Smith other than watching him play this season, and his stats from this year .... If there were no "history", no game manager tags hanging over his head from previous seasons, would you all be pressing for the Chiefs to trade him after this season? What if he were to get this team to the Superbowl?

My beef has always been that he refused to throw the ball down the field, and this was reflected in total yards, wide receiver TDs, yards per attempt etc. He has now totally destroyed that beef, having the right weapons around him. Is all this trade talk way too premature. Are we simply afraid to turn Mahomes into the next Hackenberg? But the one thing I am still waiting to see from Smith is the impressive two minute drill with the game on the line.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2017, 02:14 PM
https://www.thescore.com/news/1372023 It's been posted on other sports news sites but for some reason this link is the one that keeps coming up in my search engine.

Thanks for the link. His comments sound a touch on the bitter side, but I can't really blame him. One thing you have to say is that feeling that way the way he is playing this season shows his professionalism. He's put aside his upset with what he's pretty sure will happen to him and he is playing far and away the best game of his career.

Very possible. It's been said before, but there's no guarantee that Dorsey would be overtly willing to trade with us anyhow. I'm trying to connect the dots of the needs of both teams to figure out what's most likely to happen.

YUP! Me too. It's a very complicated situation. You've got Alex playing GREAT. Mahomes waiting in the wings. Dorsey has cap cash and oodles of picks, but Dorsey is probably pished at us. And every team knows we are short on cap cash so teams that normally would want to trade for Alex are going to be VERY TEMPTED to wait and see if we just cut Alex. After all, why give up picks to get him with a $20.6 million cap hit if you think you can get him without giving any picks? VERY COMPLICATED. Here is something else to throw into the equation....I suspect Dorsey will want a new Head Coach for the Browns and I suspect the owner does too. And Nagy has been doing GREAT calling the plays. It doesn't take a huge amount of imagination to see both Nagy and Smith going to Cleveland. Nor does it take a huge amount of imagination to see Dorsey using the #1 overall pick in the draft to get a hotshot QB but still wanting an accomplished veteran QB to be a "place-holder" for a year or two while they groom the QB they picked.

All in all it's a MESS.

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Honest answers. If you knew nothing about Alex Smith other than watching him play this season, and his stats from this year .... If there were no "history", no game manager tags hanging over his head from previous seasons, would you all be pressing for the Chiefs to trade him after this season? What if he were to get this team to the Superbowl?

My beef has always been that he refused to throw the ball down the field, and this was reflected in total yards, wide receiver TDs, yards per attempt etc. He has now totally destroyed that beef, having the right weapons around him. Is all this trade talk way too premature. Are we simply afraid to turn Mahomes into the next Hackenberg? But the one thing I am still waiting to see from Smith is the impressive two minute drill with the game on the line.

NJ....I'm not pressing for Alex to be traded or cut. That's the LAST thing I want. I'm just being fatalistic because I think it is going to happen regardless of what I want. As a result I am speculating on how it's all going to play out and I think most of us are concerned about how it will turn out.

Eydugstr
12-26-2017, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the link. His comments sound a touch on the bitter side, but I can't really blame him. One thing you have to say is that feeling that way the way he is playing this season shows his professionalism. He's put aside his upset with what he's pretty sure will happen to him and he is playing far and away the best game of his career.

YUP! Me too. It's a very complicated situation. You've got Alex playing GREAT. Mahomes waiting in the wings. Dorsey has cap cash and oodles of picks, but Dorsey is probably pished at us. And every team knows we are short on cap cash so teams that normally would want to trade for Alex are going to be VERY TEMPTED to wait and see if we just cut Alex. After all, why give up picks to get him with a $20.6 million cap hit if you think you can get him without giving any picks? VERY COMPLICATED. Here is something else to throw into the equation....I suspect Dorsey will want a new Head Coach for the Browns and I suspect the owner does too. And Nagy has been doing GREAT calling the plays. It doesn't take a huge amount of imagination to see both Nagy and Smith going to Cleveland. Nor does it take a huge amount of imagination to see Dorsey using the #1 overall pick in the draft to get a hotshot QB but still wanting an accomplished veteran QB to be a "place-holder" for a year or two while they groom the QB they picked.

All in all it's a MESS.

The reason why I didn't mention Nagy, is mainly because Childress has a history with Cleveland. It wouldn't surprise me to see Nagy get some phone calls given the success that Pederson is having in Philly, though.

ctchiefsfan
12-27-2017, 06:57 AM
The reason why I didn't mention Nagy, is mainly because Childress has a history with Cleveland. It wouldn't surprise me to see Nagy get some phone calls given the success that Pederson is having in Philly, though.

Yup been all kinds of talk amongst the talking heads about Nagy getting a HC job somewhere. If one of them leaves for a team that doesn't have a stellar QB then that would be a likely place for Alex to go as well. Starting to look as if we are going to get RAIDED HARD this year.

KCMASS
12-27-2017, 08:18 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS CHIEFS FANS! Which one of Santa's gifts do you want to open first? One contains back to back AFC West Championships. Another has 3 players each with over 1,000 yards from scrimmage. Yet another has a QB with over 4,000 yards passing, almost 400 yards rushing, 26 TDs and only 5 INTs and a QB rating of 104.7. There is even a gift with a cheaper than dirt kicker who is 36/40 on field goals including 4 from 50+ yards and a 90% success rate. Oh...and over there in the corner I see a gift that contains a cornerback with 5 picks and 4 forced fumbles. Have fun opening them. We must all have been very good boys because Santa has been very good to us.

I like the Christmas tree scenario. Well done CT. I really thought we were smoked a few weeks back. But we found a way to pull it together. Let's just hope we're not one & done.

ctchiefsfan
12-27-2017, 08:39 AM
I like the Christmas tree scenario. Well done CT. I really thought we were smoked a few weeks back. But we found a way to pull it together. Let's just hope we're not one & done.

Thanks MASS! Glad you enjoyed. Yeah....things looked pretty grim a few weeks back. But I just kept remembering that 1-5 start in 2015 that turned into our first playoff win in 22 years. Shows we have a resilient team and good coaching.