PDA

View Full Version : Is it Sunday yet?

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2017, 01:26 PM
This waiting is killing me. I'm rather "conflicted"...excited to see what Mahomes can do but feeling disloyal to Smith who deserves better. So I don't much like being excited about seeing Mahomes. HURRY UP SUNDAY!

matthewschiefs
12-30-2017, 08:55 PM
It's not disloyal to Smith at all. It's a credit to him that they made this game mean nothing and took care of the west in 15 games instead of having it come down to game 16

ctchiefsfan
12-31-2017, 12:07 AM
It's not disloyal to Smith at all. It's a credit to him that they made this game mean nothing and took care of the west in 15 games instead of having it come down to game 16

I know.....but in a different industry I've been in the shoes Alex is in now and I really feel bad for him...and I feel bad about being excited about Mahomes. Alex has done great work for us. He's broken all kinds of Chiefs records for QBs. He's having by far the best year of his career. And we are going to dump him for a new, younger girfriend, just like SF did. Makes me feel dirty for being excited about Mahomes. I know, I know...football is a business and we need the cap space, and and and....but I still feel bad about how this is probably going to turn out.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2017, 01:41 AM
One can definitely understand those thoughts. But all this is why they make the money they do. While sure he may hurt when they let him go he then has the facts that based on what he did in KC will have a number of teams looking to bring him in for a couple of years before he rides off into the sunset. Alex will be ok and so will the Chiefs. And I think that at the end Alex will have a lot of found memories to look back on having his best career numbers in KC

ctchiefsfan
12-31-2017, 10:33 AM
Hey...Thanks Matt. That kinda worked. He's made over $55 million working for the Chiefs for 5 years. That should be enough to sooth a lot of hurt feelings.