PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs reportedly open to trade offers for Alex Smith.

ctchiefsfan
01-06-2018, 03:03 PM
We knew this was coming. And my comments below the link.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000903177/article/chiefs-open-to-trading-qb-alex-smith-in-offseason

I found the Rapoport article/video. In it he says "according to my sources" but he doesn't name them. Additionally, from the video the idea of the Chiefs getting more than they gave for him appears to be Rapoport's speculation rather than what he was told by his unnamed sources. So for now, I call this a rumor...though a rumor that makes sense. If you have a high-value scarce commodity you don't blatantly put up a "for sale" sign...instead you "leak" that you might entertain offers and then "hint" at what the starting bid needs to be in order to be taken seriously. In the Real Estate business it's called a "hip pocket listing". You simply tell a Real Estate Broker..."I don't really want to sell the place, but if you happened to find someone that would give me 2 second round draft picks then we should talk." I think that is what is happening here. The Chiefs aren't "selling" but they are letting it be known that if the price is right anything is possible.

Chiefs4life24
01-06-2018, 03:37 PM
I have been told he is worth more than 2 2nd round picks

ctchiefsfan
01-06-2018, 03:58 PM
I know better than to ask your sources but I hope they are right! The idea of going to Mahomes next year worries me, but I think the worst case is that he turns out to only be a very good QB and at best ranked right up there with the best of the best. But like Linus I am worried about letting go of my security blanket. I gotta say though...if we can get for what amounts to a 34 year old Smith what we gave up to get him when he was 29 then someone in Chiefs management is a bleeping GENIUS! And as much as Reid drives us all crazy sometimes, I think this is all being orchestrated by Reid. If he can get us a Super Bowl or two he will certainly end up in the HOF.