PDA

View Full Version : Free agents (of note) - Who do we sign? Who do we let go.

Bike
01-15-2018, 11:16 PM
Bennie Logan
Dustin Colquitt
Anthony Sherman
Tyler Bray
CJ Spiller
Jarvis Jenkins
Rakeem Nunes-Roches
Ramik Wilson
Phillip Gaines
De'Anthony Thomas
Kevin Pierre-Lewis
Zack Fulton
Kenneth Acker
Stephan Charles
Terrance Mitchell

Bike
01-15-2018, 11:24 PM
I'll start it off:
Anybody on defense that caved to a Tennessee team that got demolished by the Pats - let 'em go.

Chiefs4life24
01-15-2018, 11:31 PM
I would like to bring Roches back but the rest eh

Bike
01-15-2018, 11:51 PM
Zack Fulton keep.

KCMASS
01-16-2018, 12:37 AM
Dustin Colquitt we must keep. He's such a keeper punter.

jason1981
01-16-2018, 12:55 AM
Roches
Colquit
Fulton
Bailey

Would be my choice to bring back.

Bike
01-16-2018, 03:16 AM
Roches
Colquit
Fulton
Bailey

Would be my choice to bring back.

Bailey not a free agent (1 year left on contract).

ctchiefsfan
01-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Well....IMO I don't think we lose much by letting Spiller and Gaines go.

Bray was miserable in the Denver game but I have to wonder if that was just jitters.

Bennie Logan didn't do badly but he didn't do $7.9 million good so I'd like to see him stay if we could get him for less money but I doubt that will happen.

I also would prefer we kept Colquitt but I fear he'll be too expensive to keep.

Sherman did pretty well against Denver's so called "Elite" Defense so I'd like to see him stay if we can get him on the cheap.

DAT hasn't been bad, but he hasn't done much either. So I think he is gone.

Roches, Fulton and KPL I think are all worth keeping but again, it depends on how much money they want.

Basically, my feeling about most of them is that we should let them test the free agent market but ask their respective agents to let us know what the best offer they get is and give us the opportunity to match. A few of them I'd really like to keep, but it depends on cap space and how much cash they feel their services are worth. To me most of them are sorta like bubble-players. Of course a LOT of this depends on what happens with Alex. One thing for certain though...with depleted draft picks replacing so many people is going to mean a lot of free agents, UDFA, waiver-wire and practice squad types. I don't think we are going to have a huge amount of cash to be picking up expensive free agents. Veach is going to have his work cut out for him.

Chiefs4life24
01-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Well....IMO I don't think we lose much by letting Spiller and Gaines go.

Bray was miserable in the Denver game but I have to wonder if that was just jitters.

Bennie Logan didn't do badly but he didn't do $7.9 million good so I'd like to see him stay if we could get him for less money but I doubt that will happen.

I also would prefer we kept Colquitt but I fear he'll be too expensive to keep.

Sherman did pretty well against Denver's so called "Elite" Defense so I'd like to see him stay if we can get him on the cheap.

DAT hasn't been bad, but he hasn't done much either. So I think he is gone.

Roches, Fulton and KPL I think are all worth keeping but again, it depends on how much money they want.

Basically, my feeling about most of them is that we should let them test the free agent market but ask their respective agents to let us know what the best offer they get is and give us the opportunity to match. A few of them I'd really like to keep, but it depends on cap space and how much cash they feel their services are worth. To me most of them are sorta like bubble-players. Of course a LOT of this depends on what happens with Alex. One thing for certain though...with depleted draft picks replacing so many people is going to mean a lot of free agents, UDFA, waiver-wire and practice squad types. I don't think we are going to have a huge amount of cash to be picking up expensive free agents. Veach is going to have his work cut out for him.

Bray truly sucks that bad

ctchiefsfan
01-16-2018, 02:21 PM

I'm not saying he doesn't. Just saying I don't know. Other than the Denver game I haven't seen him do anything bad or good so I can write that off to jitters but I haven't seen all his appearances in pre-season games so to me he is still pretty much an enigma.

Bike
01-16-2018, 02:47 PM
So who backs up Mahomes?

ctchiefsfan
01-16-2018, 03:36 PM
So who backs up Mahomes?

And there is the question. Unless there is something TOP SECRET that none of us know then Bray is at best an expensive #3. Meaning we need a solid #2 if we trade Alex.

Chiefs4life24
01-16-2018, 04:52 PM
So who backs up Mahomes?

If it was me I would give Chase a call

ctchiefsfan
01-16-2018, 06:07 PM
If it was me I would give Chase a call

I see no problem with that. It's risky since Daniel ain't nothing great but if Alex and Bray are gone and Mahomes is #1 then we need at least someone that has a clue and hopefully someone that has worked in Reid's Offense before.

jason1981
01-16-2018, 06:44 PM
I see no problem with that. It's risky since Daniel ain't nothing great but if Alex and Bray are gone and Mahomes is #1 then we need at least someone that has a clue and hopefully someone that has worked in Reid's Offense before.

Hell no to chase daniels. Do yall need to be reminded chase daniels has a noodle arm. People need to realize you need a backup with similar style as the starter or else you have to change your whole offense. I think reid is drastically cater the offense to mahomes and if he goes down then he would habe to change offenses to cater to chase's noodle arm. It kinda makes backup meaningless cuz if u habe to change offense then you cam just sign someone when starter goes down. Bray as #2 and draft a backup with similar traits as mahomes.

ctchiefsfan
01-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Hell no to chase daniels. Do yall need to be reminded chase daniels has a noodle arm. People need to realize you need a backup with similar style as the starter or else you have to change your whole offense. I think reid is drastically cater the offense to mahomes and if he goes down then he would habe to change offenses to cater to chase's noodle arm. It kinda makes backup meaningless cuz if u habe to change offense then you cam just sign someone when starter goes down. Bray as #2 and draft a backup with similar traits as mahomes.

That's certainly an interesting suggestion. So you figure Bray can handle the #2 slot?

Eydugstr
01-16-2018, 07:33 PM
That's certainly an interesting suggestion. So you figure Bray can handle the #2 slot?

Nope. Bray might have Mahomes's arm strength but is nowhere close in terms of mobility to Smith let alone Mahomes. We need a backup with some mobility to compare with Mahomes.

Eydugstr
01-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Bennie Logan
Dustin Colquitt
Anthony Sherman
Tyler Bray
CJ Spiller
Jarvis Jenkins
Rakeem Nunes-Roches
Ramik Wilson
Phillip Gaines
De'Anthony Thomas
Kevin Pierre-Lewis
Zack Fulton
Kenneth Acker
Stephan Charles
Terrance Mitchell

Good thread, Bike.

Logan, Sherman, Fulton, Nunes-Roches, Ramik Wlson, Pierre-Lewis, and (possibly) Colquitt would be the keepers IMHO.

jason1981
01-16-2018, 11:49 PM

Im not totally sold on bray either but i think reid would be ok with him. Id rather have bray than chase daniels. Im thinking we will draft a late round qb. I dont know all the fa qbs available so maybe a fa qb thats similar to mahomes or atleast where we wont have to change our whole offense.

Chiefs4life24
01-17-2018, 01:05 AM
Logan Woodside would be a good later round pick from Toledo 6'2 215 lbs 28 TD's to 8 INT

Chiefs4life24
01-17-2018, 01:05 AM
Im not totally sold on bray either but i think reid would be ok with him. Id rather have bray than chase daniels. Im thinking we will draft a late round qb. I dont know all the fa qbs available so maybe a fa qb thats similar to mahomes or atleast where we wont have to change our whole offense.

I would've said Foles but he is playing for a SB Shot so no way he comes to be a backup

jason1981
01-17-2018, 10:20 AM
I would've said Foles but he is playing for a SB Shot so no way he comes to be a backup

Yeah i always felt foles was a starting caliber qb.

I can see jets, browns, buffalo, jaguars, cardinals, or even denver going after foles.

ctchiefsfan
01-17-2018, 12:13 PM

I just wish we actually knew something about Bray...other than what was it???? 4 plays against Denver?

ctchiefsfan
01-17-2018, 12:15 PM
Logan Woodside would be a good later round pick from Toledo 6'2 215 lbs 28 TD's to 8 INT

Hard not to like those numbers. Does he have any mobility?

ctchiefsfan
01-17-2018, 12:51 PM

Yeah i always felt foles was a starting caliber qb.

I can see jets, browns, buffalo, jaguars, cardinals, or even denver going after foles.

Foles is a tricky situation. If overthecap.com is right he is still under contract for 2018 at a cap hit of $7.6 million with $5.4 million in dead money if they cut him. And that is further complicated by the fact that he's done pretty well stepping in for Wentz. If he takes them to the Super Bowl I don't see them cutting him but they might trade him for a low draft pick just to get rid of his cap hit. I don't see us getting him but if we could I think he'd be a good long term backup although an expensive one.

Bike
01-17-2018, 01:31 PM

Why not? We did pretty good drafting from Toledo last year...

Chiefs4life24
01-18-2018, 09:26 PM
I have an outside the box idea if we let Demetrius Harris go. I would try and sign TE Coby Fleener. He isn't as dynamic as he once was, but... Hear me out as the #2 TE he wouldn't have to be think of him as Dunn was to Gonzalez a dependable backup.

Chiefs4life24
01-18-2018, 10:07 PM
2nd is we have a weapon in waiting not on the 53 man roster this year who has the best hands of all our WR's and the speed and working with Mahomes in practice. If any of you Google Gehrig Deiter from Alabama you will like this one he could become our #2 WR

ctchiefsfan
01-19-2018, 11:35 AM
2nd is we have a weapon in waiting not on the 53 man roster this year who has the best hands of all our WR's and the speed and working with Mahomes in practice. If any of you Google Gehrig Deiter from Alabama you will like this one he could become our #2 WR

He looks like he has potential.