PDA

View Full Version : 2019 contracts

Chiefs4life24
02-06-2018, 06:34 PM
The Contracts of Marcus Peters, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, Kendall Fuller and Reggie Ragland all expire after the 2019 season. yeesh

Bike
02-07-2018, 08:50 PM
Why did we pick up the 5th year option on the oft-injured under-performing Ford? Now we pay him 8.5 mil whether he plays or not. Not a smart move considering our salary cap position.

Chiefs4life24
02-08-2018, 12:13 AM
I think they might cut ford

Bike
02-08-2018, 02:35 AM
I think they might cut ford
And swallow the 8.5 mil? That money is guaranteed.

jason1981
02-08-2018, 09:32 AM
And swallow the 8.5 mil? That money is guaranteed.

I think tgat depends if he paasea a physical in March when 5th yr option opt out deadline happens.

jason1981
02-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Also i dont see marcus peters being easy to resugn or extend. His deamenor makes me think he will ask for the sky. I dont see him a long time chief.

Bike
02-08-2018, 02:32 PM
I think tgat depends if he paasea a physical in March when 5th yr option opt out deadline happens.
I think there is an injury clause that pays him if he passed the physical or not.

Coach
02-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Also i dont see marcus peters being easy to resugn or extend. His deamenor makes me think he will ask for the sky. I dont see him a long time chief.

I agree, and that's fine by me. Almost never has it worked out when this organization decided to pony up and pay a bigtime player bigtime money. Justin Houston has never been the same since he got $20mm/yr. Bowe progressively got worse after he got paid. There's exceptions, but it seems for the most part it hasn't worked out for the Chiefs.

jason1981
02-08-2018, 06:05 PM
I agree, and that's fine by me. Almost never has it worked out when this organization decided to pony up and pay a bigtime player bigtime money. Justin Houston has never been the same since he got $20mm/yr. Bowe progressively got worse after he got paid. There's exceptions, but it seems for the most part it hasn't worked out for the Chiefs.

Yeah the Qb position and pass ruaher is the only spot i would ever wamt chiefs to break the bank for. I just hope chiefs are smart enough to draft good so we arent in a tough position where we habe to overpay cuz we in that dier need. We should always draft to groom and replace. Justin Houston really dissapointed this year. Last year against den the few games he olayed he had a monster game then thia year you barely even noticed him on the feild.

Seek
02-12-2018, 12:48 PM
I heard he failed the physical.

Seek
02-12-2018, 12:53 PM

I have feeling MP will take a pay cut just to play with the Raiders. I would rather trade him to the Browns for a good pick instead of just losing him next year.

Chiefs4life24
02-12-2018, 11:16 PM
DJ's contract will automatically be void before FA anyway

Chiefs4life24
02-12-2018, 11:17 PM
I just don't see anyway for us to keep Peters, Jones and Hill on 3 mega deals something would have to give

jason1981
02-12-2018, 11:28 PM
I just don't see anyway for us to keep Peters, Jones and Hill on 3 mega deals something would have to give

Id choose that peters csn go. You can tell his attitude will be about him and money. Plus i dont want a kneeler on the team. He has an attitude problem. I hope we draft his replacement this year and next year.

Chiefs4life24
02-13-2018, 02:09 AM
Im so tired of hearing about the kneelers this is a football thread not a political thread leave it at the door please

Eydugstr
02-13-2018, 06:00 AM
What concerns me the most is that it seems like whenever we hand out a huge deal, it's usually followed by a huge injury. We're never going to be a dominant team with our superstars showing up to games on crutches.

jason1981
02-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Im so tired of hearing about the kneelers this is a football thread not a political thread leave it at the door please

Since when is standing for the flag and respecting the fallen political? I would love to watch tue chiefs instead of it just pissing me off.

jason1981
02-13-2018, 08:45 AM
What concerns me the most is that it seems like whenever we hand out a huge deal, it's usually followed by a huge injury. We're never going to be a dominant team with our superstars showing up to games on crutches.

I just think peters is trouble and will always demand the sky.