PDA

View Full Version : What do we expect from the offense this year?

matthewschiefs
07-13-2018, 11:10 PM
Camp is quickly going to be upon us it's time to start so good old Chiefs Talk

First, what is realistic to expect from the Chiefs offense.

Starting the Mahomes era is going to be fun. I think we are going to see an improved offense. But there will be growing pains. And lets be real with Reid still calling the plays we are going to still see some of the things that have frustrated us for the past few years.

So what is everyone expecting to see. Top 10 offense top 5 it's fun to be close to football again

GO CHIEFS

Eydugstr
07-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Think it's going to be a roller coaster ride. If Mahomes is able to click with the WR's, watch out. Opposing defenses won't be able to gang up on Kelce or Hunt and expect a three and out every time.

Reid's going to be Reid. Brace yourself for screen passes that don't accomplish anything at the worst time. On the positive side, when Hunt is running well late in the game, it does help Reid a LOT with the time management and screen pass fetish issues...

My question with the offense is, will everyone stay healthy? If we stay healthy there's no reason why we shouldn't expect to see a top 10 offense. If we show up at games on crutches, and expect Mahomes to click with the latest free agent rookie-of-the-week, brace yourself for some game killing INT's.

matthewschiefs
07-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Think it's going to be a roller coaster ride. If Mahomes is able to click with the WR's, watch out. Opposing defenses won't be able to gang up on Kelce or Hunt and expect a three and out every time.

Reid's going to be Reid. Brace yourself for screen passes that don't accomplish anything at the worst time. On the positive side, when Hunt is running well late in the game, it does help Reid a LOT with the time management and screen pass fetish issues...

My question with the offense is, will everyone stay healthy? If we stay healthy there's no reason why we shouldn't expect to see a top 10 offense. If we show up at games on crutches, and expect Mahomes to click with the latest free agent rookie-of-the-week, brace yourself for some game killing INT's.

Health IMO is even bigger this year then last. At QB for sure. I don't think any of us want to see Hene in a game. Simply put Mahomes has to stay on the field the O line is going to need to step up for sure

Eydugstr
07-27-2018, 12:12 AM
Health IMO is even bigger this year then last. At QB for sure. I don't think any of us want to see Hene in a game. Simply put Mahomes has to stay on the field the O line is going to need to step up for sure

Very sure our O-line is making a lot of adjustments going from Smith to Mahomes. If we see Henne on the field during anything but a preseason game...We'll be in for a long, long season.

NJChiefs
08-01-2018, 03:40 PM
So we’re hoping to be a top ten offense? We were the #6 offense in NFL last year and #2 in yards/play. How long are we going to to give this guys? Maybe we should have let it ride for one more year?

matthewschiefs
08-01-2018, 05:08 PM
A little step back wouldn't be much of a worry at all. Mahomes is going to have some growing pains even the greats go through that. By the end of the year hopefully they are doing much better and the growth isn't quite as painful to watch as early in the year at times

Eydugstr
08-04-2018, 06:59 PM
So we’re hoping to be a top ten offense? We were the #6 offense in NFL last year and #2 in yards/play. How long are we going to to give this guys? Maybe we should have let it ride for one more year?

Well, I'm the one that posted "Top 10" so I'll take the hit on that, it wasn't everyone's opinion, and while I'm hoping Reid and the coaching staff are aiming for the the #1 offense when they coach everyday, know that it's just not realistic to expect it right now. We still have some major question marks at WR and OL depth before we can fire up the bandwagon.

matthewschiefs
08-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Well, I'm the one that posted "Top 10" so I'll take the hit on that, it wasn't everyone's opinion, and while I'm hoping Reid and the coaching staff are aiming for the the #1 offense when they coach everyday, know that it's just not realistic to expect it right now. We still have some major question marks at WR and OL depth before we can fire up the bandwagon.

I'm not worried much about the WR spot. Mahomes will have weapons to throw to. I mean we did decent last year and really only lost Albert Wilson. While I think Wilson was pretty good he is far from unreplaceable. Wakins and getting Conley back should be enough to over come that.

The biggest question mark the QB spot. How fast will Mahomes develop? I agree it's not really realistic for them to be the top offense. By the end of the year they could be playing like that and that's what's important to me this year

Eydugstr
08-04-2018, 10:57 PM
I'm not worried much about the WR spot. Mahomes will have weapons to throw to. I mean we did decent last year and really only lost Albert Wilson. While I think Wilson was pretty good he is far from unreplaceable. Wakins and getting Conley back should be enough to over come that.

The biggest question mark the QB spot. How fast will Mahomes develop? I agree it's not really realistic for them to be the top offense. By the end of the year they could be playing like that and that's what's important to me this year

Really hoping for two things at the WR position; That Watkins pans out, and that Conley stays healthy. KC really needs a big possession WR to step up. Conley has all the tools and has made some incredible catches...but what good is it if he's on the sidelines? Can imagine that Watkins (and Conley, for that matter, too) is chomping at the bit to prove himself in Reid's offense. Wilson improved a lot during his stretch in KC. He was more of a speedy/slot type WR than anything, though.