PDA

View Full Version : How did they beat us again in rankings

sling58
11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

We lose to a 6-1 team and they get clobbered by a team that is 3-5 and we are still behind the Chargers in Power rankings. These people that make this up don't know squat.

greg3564
11-06-2007, 11:04 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

We lose to a 6-1 team and they get clobbered by a team that is 3-5 and we are still behind the Chargers in Power rankings. These people that make this up don't know squat.

Because when they are running on all cylinders they are potent on offense and defense. As much as I hate to say it, our offense is no where near the powerhouse that they can produce. The defense is the only thing that has kept us at 4-4. That's even a little questionable after the GB game.

Oh yeah, both ESPN.com and Sportsline.com power rankings have us behind San Diego too. Seems to be a trend.

YZILLA
11-07-2007, 12:17 AM
bad part is we beat the chargers in Their own house ?

hermhater
11-07-2007, 12:24 AM
I think the Power Rankings are still being rated on last years performance.

Heh!

greg3564
11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Might have something to do with the fact that the Chiefs are 30th in the NFL in offense. Chargers are 21st. We're 13th on defense versus 25th for the Chargers. But I guess they put more stock in scoring and I would tend to agree with that. It pays to score points.

Here's a telling stat.....Chiefs are 29th in scoring offensive points. 29th!!!!! And we wonder why we're 4-4. :sign0153:

Man, can't we get some balance? The D was ingored by Vermeil and the O was going nuts and now Herm does the exact opposite. Ugh!!!!!:mob:

hermhater
11-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Might have something to do with the fact that the Chiefs are 30th in the NFL in offense. Chargers are 21st. We're 13th on defense versus 25th for the Chargers. But I guess they put more stock in scoring and I would tend to agree with that. It pays to score points.

Here's a telling stat.....Chiefs are 29th in scoring offensive points. 29th!!!!! And we wonder why we're 4-4. :sign0153:

Man, can't we get some balance? The D was ingored by Vermeil and the O was going nuts and now Herm does the exact opposite. Ugh!!!!!:mob:

Well today HERM addressed the lack of points by saying...

“Ah, no. Brodie’s doing well. Damon has done a decent job. My whole deal now is if we’re going to win this division or have a shot at it we have to score more points. We can’t keep playing the way we’re playing. It’s tough to play that way. I know people feel that I’m a conservative guy but I’m not that conservative, believe me. We have to score points. “There comes a point where if we don’t get this thing going I’m going to have to do something. But Damon’s the guy. He’s done OK. It’s not always on the quarterback; it’s on a lot of other people, too. But we have to find a way to be more productive in points. We’re just kind of going along, going along and now we’re going into our ninth game.
“Think about it: we’ve only scored 13 points in the first quarter. That’s hard to do. What’s great about it is we’ve still got a shot to win the division. That’s a good thing.”

It looks like he is going to think about maybe, possibly, perhaps, just maybe do something about something.

The guy doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to using his offensive talent.

We have huge talent on the team and, since he doesn't know how to run an offense, he couldn't utilize it without giving Dick Vermeil a call, and asking him to design some.

I know our O line is the worst I have ever seen it, but we have so many weapons that could be utilized.

I don't remember seeing any pitches to LJ so he could get around the corner and run over a defender before there are 3 guys in the backfield.

Somebody else look up the stats, but I can't remember an audible, pitch, or more than 1 or 2 trick plays this year.

What is the freakin' deal...

Grow some cojones and use the talent you Offensive Player Career Ending Wannabe "Coach"!

Playing offense like a pu$$y gets your talent killed (LJ, Pennington, etc...) and then you have ruined the players that hold all the money in the salary cap.

Learn the entire game of football, not just defense, and then think about being a head coach!

anaeelbackwards
11-07-2007, 02:04 AM
because the chargers have somewhat of an offense as opposed to us, IMO.

hermhater
11-07-2007, 02:12 AM
because the chargers have somewhat of an offense as opposed to us, IMO.

Yeah, but their D just gave up the all time rushing record for one game.

Just doesn't seem right to me.

We beat them in their house, and are still Number One (cuz we beat them in their HOUSE!) in the AFC West.

I call CR@P!

:mob:

anaeelbackwards
11-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Yeah, but their D just gave up the all time rushing record for one game.

Just doesn't seem right to me.

We beat them in their house, and are still Number One (cuz we beat them in their HOUSE!) in the AFC West.

I call CR@P!

:mob:

because the media doesn't like a team with no offense and just strictly defense they find it boring, and they dont pay much attention to kc chiefs anyways and dont ever give them the respect thats deserved. whats new anways...

chief31
11-07-2007, 05:56 AM
The D was ingored by Vermeil

Very popular misconception. The defense was far from being ignored by Vermiel.

Well today HERM addressed the lack of points by saying...

The guy doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to using his offensive talent.

We have huge talent on the team and, since he doesn't know how to run an offense, he couldn't utilize it without giving Dick Vermeil a call, and asking him to design some.

I know our O line is the worst I have ever seen it, but we have so many weapons that could be utilized.

I don't remember seeing any pitches to LJ so he could get around the corner and run over a defender before there are 3 guys in the backfield.

Somebody else look up the stats, but I can't remember an audible, pitch, or more than 1 or 2 trick plays this year.

You can have all of the talent in the world at the "skill positions" and still struggle to do anything offensively. Cleveland Browns are a terrific example. Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards had appeared to be busts, until the Browns decided to pay some serious attention to their offensive line. Now, from the depths of whatever hell-hole they were in, they are suddenly surprising everyone. Offensive line is where it starts.

Guru
11-07-2007, 06:11 AM
I would rather the Chargers be ahead of us in those polls anyway. I would rather the Chiefs be disrespected nationally to keep some sort of fire lit under them.

Chiefster
11-07-2007, 06:13 AM
I would rather the Chargers be ahead of us in those polls anyway. I would rather the Chiefs be disrespected nationally to keep some sort of fire lit under them.

Exactly! Keep a chip on their shoulder!