PDA

View Full Version : Wife of Chiefs Head Coach Wants to Tackle Diabetes.

hermhater
11-07-2007, 01:51 AM
I know this affects a few of us here at the Crowd, so I thought it was worth posting.

Wife of Chiefs Head Coach Wants to Tackle Diabetes

Tackle Diabetes (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:openWindowLink%28)

KANSAS CITY, Mo -- Lia Edwards, wife of Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Herm Edwards was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in her twenties.

Her initial response of denial has since changed.

Today, Lia accepts the disease and maintains excellent control of her diabetes.

She is helping to educate other type 1 diabetics and show them how to take better care of themselves.

To kick off the second year of the Tackle Diabetes program, the Chiefs and Cerner are partnering to offer an incentive program for all children with type 1 diabetes in Kansas City.

Children are encouraged to "Tackle Diabetes" by regularly checking their blood sugar and using the online diabetes management tool.

As a reward for managing their condition, Cerner and Lia Edwards have teamed up to offer some cool prizes and fun events.

Participants can win a chance to attend a Chiefs game, Chiefs Fantasy Camp or a Makeover Day with Tackle Diabetes Spokesperson, Lia Edwards!

rbedgood
11-07-2007, 02:50 AM
That is awesome...my son was 2 when diagnosed. So this one hits very close to home.

hermhater
11-07-2007, 03:01 AM
Diabetes is pretty rampant on my Dad's side of family.

This is an everyday issue for a a lot of families.

Chiefster
11-07-2007, 06:32 AM
My mom has Diabetes and a host of other related health conditions; Diabetes is no joke. If you have it then manage it well; I have seen people lose their legs an inch at a time and their very life because if it .

This is a very good cause.