PDA

View Full Version : Post game @Donkeys SUCK IT DONKEYS

matthewschiefs
10-01-2018, 11:39 PM
WOW THAT WAS FUN

Well since we won

Mahomes is the real deal. In his biggest test, he really had his moments that he struggled. But he also had a number of star-making moments. That last drive with the O line doing everything that they could to lose the damn game he was like screw this leads us on a winning drive. This is a game we would have lost with Alex.

Now I'm going to do something I haven't been able to do so far this year. We have to give some credit to the defense. They stepped up in that 4th quarter. And that was a big reason that we were able to win that game. So I have to give some credit to Bob Sutton and his defense for that. And a special shout out to Dee Ford and Justin Houston. They came to play tonight for SURE

Now there are some things that just can't be ignored.

Offense. I have been screaming about playcalling with Andy for a few years now. And some of that showed up tonight. The pass-happy screen-happy offense returned. I said in the opening that this is a game that we wouldn't have won with Alex and that is true. But tonight shows something I have been screaming Andy has been a big issue as well. Throughout that game, there were many times that it looked just like the offense we have seen the last couple of years. Even with a QB as good as Mahomes, it held us back some tonight . Mahomes is good enough to overcome that. But MAN this has to be addressed. We are not going to get that lucky many times.

Defense. I'm not going to go on my same Bob Sutton rant. But I will state one of my normal points. The issues on D are the same ones we see all the time. See the run D it's been bad for years and tonight it was bad again. It's his job to fix these things they haven't been fixed. I also want to make this point. Our d has allowed 6 points in the 1st quarter all year (THAT INCLUDES TONIGHT) This is not a case that we just don't have talent. If we did we would get rolled from the very beginning. That's not what has been happening. Teams have adjusted we haven't that to me SCREAMS coaching. Is it all Bob Sutton's fault of course not. But it starts with him. These issues HAVE to be fixed. If they are not by the end of the year HE HAS TO GO.

It's always tough to win @ Denver. Division games are going to be tough even more when you're on the road. So if you were expecting a cakewalk it just wasn't going to happen. The Chiefs took a HUGE step in winning another AFC West title. But they have to get some stuff cleaned up. We still have a lot of tough games coming up. Starting with Sunday. Bring on the Jags. And at least we get some Home games coming up. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

Chiefs4life24
10-01-2018, 11:44 PM
everyone of the nalyst and beatwriters ive seen say its a personell issue on defense so thats good enough for me

matthewschiefs
10-02-2018, 12:11 AM
everyone of the nalyst and beatwriters ive seen say its a personell issue on defense so thats good enough for me

I don't mean to imply that personnel isn't part of the problem. But Sutton is as well . As I think my point of the 1st quarter's shows. That same personnel is on the field.

TopekaRoy
10-02-2018, 12:27 AM
Why can't our defense tackle? Don't they practice that? Isn't that the main job of a defensive player? It's like having a kicker who can't kick. That's your JOB!

Anyway, it's hard for me to blame Sutton for missed and sloppy tackling and d-backs who get outrun, outmuscled or just release on their man. That said, Sutton is the coach and his job to make the defense better. I go back to the question, is he unwilling to change or is he unable to change because this is all his personnel can do?

The talent on defense is weak, but if we had top notch talent, would they still struggle because of Sutton? I can't answer that.

brdempsey69
10-02-2018, 01:30 AM
HA! HA! Turd Elway & the Donkeys LOST!!

Second time in a row that Mahomes has put together a game-winning drive in Donkeytown. Not only that, he proved that he could bring the Chiefs from behind trailing by 10 with just six minutes left in the game. Two touchdown drives and a victory. Donkeys fans better get used to this sort of thing, because the Peyton Manning days are over & it's the Chiefs that now have the elite QB.

And as Matt said -- DONKEYS SUCK !!

Chiefs4life24
10-02-2018, 12:54 PM
I snuck over to the Broncos fan forum page and they are loosing it saying we gotta deal with Mahomes for the next 10 - 15 years and it makes them wanna puke and its not fair, and talking about how they are so tired of not wanting to hear about Mahomes already.

Seek
10-02-2018, 01:32 PM

Sutton says its a communication Issue. Ron Parker says it takes two years to fully understand the defense. Half our defense are 2nd year or 1st year players in this defense. If it is this complicated, it needs to change.

There are constant blown coverages, the defense was not prepared for a hurry up offense, got thrashed in man to man which created a Penalty as our Corner is having to hold his man so that he does not give up the TD. Then we get caught with 12 men on the field, as Denver still scores.

The defense is soft, and misses tackles when they make a great read.

This is all signs of poorly coached defense. Who is in charge of the defense? Yes we have young or poor personnel. Stop forcing a defense on them that they can't perform in. Or teach them to be better at it. If we don't have he corners or safeties to cover fast guys in man. Why ask them to???

TopekaRoy
10-02-2018, 01:33 PM
... and fire their coach and bench Keenum. I was going to do a little gentle trolling at OrangeMane.com last night, but they were so upset already. I just didn't have the heart.

Seek
10-02-2018, 01:34 PM
I snuck over to the Broncos fan forum page and they are loosing it saying we gotta deal with Mahomes for the next 10 - 15 years and it makes them wanna puke and its not fair, and talking about how they are so tired of not wanting to hear about Mahomes already.

I know it is great. Both Elway and Manning got to experience the pain they both caused us for years. Deal with it Donkey fans.

brdempsey69
10-02-2018, 01:42 PM

Delicious irony how they traded up in 2016 to draft Paxton Lynch (who's probably now delivering pizza to Donkeys fans doorstep) and whiffed on that, but the Chiefs struck GOLD trading up to draft Patrick Mahomes. I told Donkeys fans that when Manning hung up the cleats the fall was going to be hard & the thud was going to be loud.

brdempsey69
10-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the next generation of great QB's, Donkeys fans, & YOU DON'T HAVE ONE OF THEM, but the Chiefs do. Serves you right.

After that 2015 fiasco, the Donkeys and their fans deserve NOTHING but abyss going forward. I hope they flounder in last place for the next century.

Eydugstr
10-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Great game. Absolutely ecstatic that we went into Mile High, or whatever they are calling it now, and sent them home with an empty bag to put over their heads. Can't wait until we get the chance to climb into their helmets with every decibel that Arrowhead has to offer. Mahomes is the real deal.

Offensively we did what we needed to do to win the game. Mahomes made some amazing throws (again) but also had some misfires (for ex, the pass that went slightly behind Kelce). Someone brought up the question of "Would Alex Smith be able to come back the way Mahomes did?" While I think there woiuld've been a few more polished short passes that Alex would've connected on, just don't see Smith making the diagonal throws that Mahomes made with the receiver going one way while Mahomes was going the other way.

Play calling was interesting at times. Very surprised we didn't run more than we did. Some of Reid's goofy screen plays worked, but hopefully enough of them DIDN'T work to scare him off from calling them when the running game is working. We got some stuff to work on but if we get the receivers 100% on the same page with Mahomes, and swear off dropping the ball....Watch out.

Defensively we did enough to win the game. It's obvious that we got work to do, but in fairness this game did boil down to our D vs. their offense, and we managed to win that battle. Was a healthy Eric Berry or Earl Thomas III the answer? I'm doubtful. But if our secondary doesn't start looking for the ball sooner, we're going to get scorched by it down the road. The main thing I'm upset with Sutton on is the lack of adjustments he makes sometimes. Don't think it's just cause to fire the guy, personally I'd like to see him paired up with some better secondary talent then make that decision.

brdempsey69
10-03-2018, 04:24 AM
One thing I noticed about this game that remains UNCHANGED regarding the Donks Defense. They are good to a point, but they cannot handle POWER. Just look at Hunt's run for the winning TD. The Chiefs lined up in a Power Left formation with both Tackles, Fisher and Schwartz lined up on the left side of the formation, pulled both Guards, and they just overpowered the Donks Defense and Hunt went if for the score standing up.

Look forward to a LOT more of that from Donks future opponents, and when they come to KC.

Eydugstr
10-03-2018, 08:20 PM
One thing I noticed about this game that remains UNCHANGED regarding the Donks Defense. They are good to a point, but they cannot handle POWER. Just look at Hunt's run for the winning TD. The Chiefs lined up in a Power Left formation with both Tackles, Fisher and Schwartz lined up on the left side of the formation, pulled both Guards, and they just overpowered the Donks Defense and Hunt went if for the score standing up.

Look forward to a LOT more of that from Donks future opponents, and when they come to KC.

That was fun to watch. One thing that went through my mind as I watched Hunt rip through to get the TD, was that even IF the OL didn't get the job done against Denver's D, Hunt acted like he was getting that TD regardless. We need this kind of fight in our RB's to prove to other D's that our run game can't be ignored either.

brdempsey69
10-04-2018, 02:17 AM
That was fun to watch. One thing that went through my mind as I watched Hunt rip through to get the TD, was that even IF the OL didn't get the job done against Denver's D, Hunt acted like he was getting that TD regardless. We need this kind of fight in our RB's to prove to other D's that our run game can't be ignored either.

Excellent point, Dugster. As much as we like seeing Mahomes toss TD passes, I'd personally like to see Hunt rack up 20 or more rushing TD's this season. BALANCE!!

matthewschiefs
10-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Great game. Absolutely ecstatic that we went into Mile High, or whatever they are calling it now, and sent them home with an empty bag to put over their heads. Can't wait until we get the chance to climb into their helmets with every decibel that Arrowhead has to offer. Mahomes is the real deal.

Offensively we did what we needed to do to win the game. Mahomes made some amazing throws (again) but also had some misfires (for ex, the pass that went slightly behind Kelce). Someone brought up the question of "Would Alex Smith be able to come back the way Mahomes did?" While I think there woiuld've been a few more polished short passes that Alex would've connected on, just don't see Smith making the diagonal throws that Mahomes made with the receiver going one way while Mahomes was going the other way.

Play calling was interesting at times. Very surprised we didn't run more than we did. Some of Reid's goofy screen plays worked, but hopefully enough of them DIDN'T work to scare him off from calling them when the running game is working. We got some stuff to work on but if we get the receivers 100% on the same page with Mahomes, and swear off dropping the ball....Watch out.

Defensively we did enough to win the game. It's obvious that we got work to do, but in fairness this game did boil down to our D vs. their offense, and we managed to win that battle. Was a healthy Eric Berry or Earl Thomas III the answer? I'm doubtful. But if our secondary doesn't start looking for the ball sooner, we're going to get scorched by it down the road. The main thing I'm upset with Sutton on is the lack of adjustments he makes sometimes. Don't think it's just cause to fire the guy, personally I'd like to see him paired up with some better secondary talent then make that decision.

Not only did we go long stretches not running the ball we didn't even give them a reason to think we might run the ball. These are the little things that bug me about the playcalling at times. When you don't even make a D worry about a possible run that's going to hurt. These are the things that bug me.

brdempsey69
10-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Not only did we go long stretches not running the ball we didn't even give them a reason to think we might run the ball. These are the little things that bug me about the playcalling at times. When you don't even make a D worry about a possible run that's going to hurt. These are the things that bug me.

They can't do this sort of thing against the Jags. The Chiefs will most certainly need a potent rushing attack in this upcoming game.

Eydugstr
10-04-2018, 10:13 PM

Very true. It's why I'm all for ditching screen plays for more running plays. Really do believe that if Reid just lets the running backs do their job, instead of dreaming and hoping that DAT will break an 80 yard dash from a LOS screen pass, he'll be killing two birds with one stone - Getting positive yards and better clock management.