PDA

View Full Version : Croyle and the rest of this season?

greg3564
11-08-2007, 12:24 AM
This is a harsh opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.

So when do we start Croyle? The last game of the season? Unless they draft offensive linemen and acquire some talent off the market(which they won't) the O will be just as terrible next year as it is this year. So do it now. Yes, it will be tough. It will also show what he's made of in toughness and mentality.

They knew they had issues going back to last year and even the pre-season. Did they bring in any starting free agents? Nope. Did they draft any potential starting O-line players? Nope.

Herm and Peterson keep telling us that the team needs to be younger but keep bringing in old talent. ie Law, Surtain, Turley, etc. Instead they invested a boat load of money into an ineffective RB in Larry Johnson who didn't even have the decency to honor his contract. That guy is another T.O. and Moss and infects the locker room like a virus. They should have kept Bennett and sent his sorry a$$ packing when he pulled that. Call Vermeil what you want, but he brought in good decent players you liked and they performed for him. He didn't like LJ and I guess we're starting to see why.

Personally, the rest of this season is a wash. Yeah, we might win the West, but it sure isn't anything to brag about like past years. That will be it, because we can't even come close to competing in the playoffs. Start Croyle, maybe rotate some developing O line players and let's give the "QB of the future" some experience and serious playing time.

Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.

I'm so disappointed this year. I knew we would struggle, but not to this extent. There are so many problems that this team needs to address. All the way from ageing corners, ageing QB and a failure of an effective O line. They need to really, really shake something up now! You also never hear if Huard has even taken a leadership role in this team.

Three7s
11-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Just about everyone knows this team isn't going to the Superbowl, however if we do make the playoffs, we may be able to win the first round, since it'll probably be a home game.
I doubt Law will be back next year, and Surtain may be in his final year next year. The backup corners are already playing at times. We know a whole lot of the offense is bad, but to call this year a disappointment, I dunno if I'd go that far.
A lot of people didn't think we'd be 4-4 right now, lots thought we might win 4 games all year, it may be a disappointment as far as some areas of offensive production, but definitely not in wins.
I would love to see Croyle in as well, but unless something dramatic happens, I just don't see it happening as long as Herm sees Huard producing.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Awesome post guy! Rep!

I'm sure this will cause controversy here on the Crowd, and for that I am happy!

You have covered some very salient points about the Chiefs woes.

I think Vermeil got Law so we can't blame that on HERM, except he didn't do anything about it after last year.

I am ready for a team that doesn't squeak into the playoffs, rather blows through them and can be competitive in the Super Bowl!

hermhater
11-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Just about everyone knows this team isn't going to the Superbowl, however if we do make the playoffs, we may be able to win the first round, since it'll probably be a home game.
I doubt Law will be back next year, and Surtain may be in his final year next year. The backup corners are already playing at times. We know a whole lot of the offense is bad, but to call this year a disappointment, I dunno if I'd go that far.
A lot of people didn't think we'd be 4-4 right now, lots thought we might win 4 games all year, it may be a disappointment as far as some areas of offensive production, but definitely not in wins.
I would love to see Croyle in as well, but unless something dramatic happens, I just don't see it happening as long as Herm sees Huard producing.

Law is old and broken, Surtain takes baby steps.

P!sses me of man...
:mob:

texaschief
11-08-2007, 12:55 AM
good post.

I think the O-line is the only glaring need we have right now. Going into the offseason, i'm sure O-line will be at the top of their priority list. Coming into this season, the line didn't look this bad on paper.

McIntosh is an upgrade over Black.

Wiegman should've gone to a pro bowl by now.

Welbourn was a decent tackle who was returning to his natural postition at guard.

Waters is a pro bowl guard.

The only real question coming into the season was whether Turley/Terry could handle the other tackle spot...and they haven't.

Also, the other guys on the line have under-achieved this year.

Wiegman isn't playing great and Welbourn isn't Will Shields...but few are.

McIntosh isn't Roaf...but few are.

Let's just hope LJ's contract isn't too much for us to sign a big FA O-lineman this year...if there ARE any. While Herm has a history of not drafting any O-linemen, CP has a history of providing GREAT O-lines and he has the final say.

As far as the QB goes, we know what the ceiling is on Huard. We don't know that about Croyle. I think we've got a great backup QB in Huard. As long as his record isn't under .500, you're happy with your backup.

But a .500 record isn't ok for a starter.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Is it too late to get Favre in free agency?

:lol:

...and there is no chance of getting good O linemen in the middle of the season with all the money we spent on LJ.

I am starting to see your point chief31.

But don't go and get all ****y and sh!t!

:D

texaschief
11-08-2007, 01:08 AM
...wonder what we can get for LJ now. :beer:

way to kill the franchise Carl. Who's the next RB we're gonna throw cash at?

Guru
11-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Awesome post guy! Rep!

I'm sure this will cause controversy here on the Crowd, and for that I am happy!

You have covered some very salient points about the Chiefs woes.

I think Vermeil got Law so we can't blame that on HERM, except he didn't do anything about it after last year.

I am ready for a team that doesn't squeak into the playoffs, rather blows through them and can be competitive in the Super Bowl!

Nope. Edwards brought Law in. Vermeil was not interested.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Nope. Edwards brought Law in. Vermeil was not interested.

Thanks man.

And to think I was all stoked when we got him.

How many int's does he have since last year?

2?

Maybe 3?

I guess we know that HERM is responsible for the problems in the secondary too.

And he used to be a DB?

:sign0104:

texaschief
11-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Thanks man.

And to think I was all stoked when we got him.

How many int's does he have since last year?

2?

Maybe 3?

I guess we know that HERM is responsible for the problems in the secondary too.

And he used to be a DB?

Yeah, Pollard and Paige are busts. I couldn't BELIEVE HERM traded for Surtain...and then to go out and sign the CB who led the league the year before in INTs...ugh...what the hell was he thinking!!!!

:lol: :mob: :lol:

Guru
11-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Yeah, Pollard and Paige are busts. I couldn't BELIEVE HERM traded for Surtain...and then to go out and sign the CB who led the league the year before in INTs...ugh...what the hell was he thinking!!!!

Vermeil brought in Surtain.:D

hermhater
11-08-2007, 01:32 AM

Pollard and Page are not busts, HERM got lucky with young talent (and so did WE!), but apparently Law is the product of an outdated defensive scheme.

Herm didn't get Law, CP did. :beer:

greg3564
11-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Herm is a waste. They should have promoted Al Saunders. Being that Herm and Peterson are best buddies, I don't suspect there will be any changes in the near future.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Vermeil brought in Surtain.:D

Surtain takes baby steps.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 01:35 AM
Surtain takes baby steps.

should ask your saviour Vermiel while he traded for him then.

my previous post was sarcasm....:beer:

chief31
11-08-2007, 01:38 AM
I know that Herm, like myself, is concened about the idea of getting croyle hurt by sticking him behind this O-line unit.

I also think that Huard has done well with the hand that he has been dealt.

But, at some point, if the offense doesn't find a way to improve, he will have to succumb to the outcry of the fans, and play Brodie Croyle.

Maybe Croyle can create wine from this water. But I will hope for his healthy finish to the season, when it does come to that, over all else.

Only team insiders can fromulate a real opinion on rather or not he is ready to become the starter of this team. And appearently, they have thus far decided that he isn't ready yet. I hope he is closer than what I think, because otherwise we could stunt his growth as a quarterback, by rushing him in too quickly.

Guru
11-08-2007, 01:41 AM
I know that Herm, like myself, is concened about the idea of getting croyle hurt by sticking him behind this O-line unit.

But, at some point, if the offense doesn't find a way to improve, he will have to succumb to the outcry of the fans, and play Brodie Croyle.

Maybe Croyle can create wine from this water. But I will hope for his healthy finish to the season, when it does come to that, over all else.

Only team insiders can fromulate a real opinion on rather or not he is ready to become the starter of this team. And appearently, they have thus far decided that he isn't ready yet. I hope he is closer than what I think, because otherwise we could stunt his growth as a quarterback, by rushing him in too quickly.

I hope any QB survives the season behind this pathetic O-line. I think Croyle can at least escape danger better than Huard can. Plus, he can throw on the run better than Huard.

Doesn't matter though. If we don't bring in Croyle this week, we won't see him for 2 more weeks. There is no way Herm will let Croyle's first start be in Indy.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 01:46 AM

Maybe Croyle can "Make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t." But I will hope for his healthy finish to the season, when it does come to that, over all else.

FYP!

Casey Printers was almost able to do it.

That was the best our O looked in the last two years.

Another big mistake by HERM!

texaschief
11-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Herm is a waste. They should have promoted Al Saunders. Being that Herm and Peterson are best buddies, I don't suspect there will be any changes in the near future.

Really? hmm...the guy has been a head coach in this league for less than a decade and hasn't been with one team long enough to build his program. No body knows what Herm could do with a long tenure at one team.

I'd rather have Herm, a young defensive minded coach who's potential hasn't been realized than to go thru another coaching change for some guy like Bill Cower, who was with the Steelers for 2 decades and took them to only 2 Super Bowls and only one SB win.

By the way...that SB win was AFTER they took a QB in the first round.

But, impatient fans who don't appreciate going to the playoffs since '06, a rebuilt, young, potential laden defense call for Damon Huard to start at the beginning of the season and call for the coach's head.

By the way, no one knows what kind of head coach Saunders is going to be either. That would've taken patience too.

But, what are you gonna do? :beer:

Guru
11-08-2007, 01:53 AM
FYP!

Casey Printers was almost able to do it.

That was the best our O looked in the last two years.

Another big mistake by HERM!

That still shocks me. Could only have been his fumbling problem though.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 01:56 AM
a mobile QB could be a lot better behind this line. I highly doubt Printers would be handed the job in the middle of the season though...even if he was here.

But the statue that is Huard just isn't the guy that needs to be back there right now. If he had New England's line, he could be a pro bowler though. He just needs more time and can't create it with his legs like Croyle could.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Really? hmm...the guy has been a head coach in this league for less than a decade and hasn't been with one team long enough to build his program. No body knows what Herm could do with a long tenure at one team.

I'd rather have Herm, a young defensive minded coach who's potential hasn't been realized than to go thru another coaching change for some guy like Bill Cower, who was with the Steelers for 2 decades and took them to only 2 Super Bowls and only one SB win.

But, impatient fans who don't appreciate going to the playoffs since '06, a rebuilt, young, potential laden defense call for Damon Huard to start at the beginning of the season and call for the coach's head.

By the way, no one knows what kind of head coach Saunders is going to be either. That would've taken patience too.

Dude that post was all over the place.

Could you explain it more in depth?

Seriously.

Elaborate.

You put a lot of sarcasm into just a few statements.

Make it clearer.

:sign0104: :beer:

texaschief
11-08-2007, 01:57 AM
Dude that post was all over the place.

Could you explain it more in depth?

Seriously.

Elaborate.

You put a lot of sarcasm into just a few statements.

Make it clearer.

:sign0104: :beer:

sure...what should i elaborate on? :wheelchair: lol

Maybe it's a combo of me and the beer that's makin things cloudy. lol

hermhater
11-08-2007, 01:59 AM

That.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 02:00 AM
lol...oh.

Guru
11-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Seemed clear enough to me.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:07 AM
sure...what should i elaborate on? :wheelchair: lol

Maybe it's a combo of me and the beer that's makin things cloudy. lol

You got beer?

:beer:

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:08 AM
Seemed clear enough to me.

So you think Herm would be able to do better with twice the years that Dick coached here?

:sign0153:

Guru
11-08-2007, 02:10 AM
So you think Herm would be able to do better with twice the years that Dick coached?

All I said was that it was clear. I knew what he meant.

I never said I agreed with all of it.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:13 AM
All I said was that it was clear. I knew what he meant.

I never said I agreed with all of it.

That's what I thought...:D

Guru
11-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Hell, I want Bellicheck (however you spell it) as our coach. NO MERCY!!!!

texaschief
11-08-2007, 02:16 AM

Herm has gone to the playoffs more than half the time he's been a head coach..i like that in a coach. But, that's just me.

Umm, i'd like to see what Herm's ceiling as a coach is before we bring in someone who will get us to a Super Bowl in 2017 and win us one in 2027. But, again, that's just me. Herm may be able to do it before then. But it might require patience

Bill Cower didn't win a Super Bowl until he drafted a QB in the first round. Just a fun little fact.

Impatient people generally don't like to wait. Letting a 3rd round QB mature during this season probably would've meant "waiting" for wins until next season. But, turns out, we're still having to wait with Huard.

Also, fans calling for Herm's head don't see all the things he's done since he's been here. Just because it isn't on the offensive side of the ball, doesn't make him a bad coach. The guy can only do so much in one season.

He's built what COULD be a dominant defense. Now, he can work on the offensive side of the ball. But, he IS defensive minded coach, so obviously, that was his priority. Plus, it's not like the offense needed THAT much attention when he got here. He kept most of the previous offensive staff. He hasn't done much to the offense. Which is the problem.

Someone was talking about Al Saunders as head coach rather than Herm Edwards. I keep forgetting he did SO much for the offensive jugernaut that IS the Washington Redskins. It would have been just as tough to bear with Saunders as a head coach as it is Edwards.

...drinking a beer.

How was that?

luv
11-08-2007, 02:17 AM
WTF is going on in here?

luv
11-08-2007, 02:18 AM
Hell, I want Bellicheck (however you spell it) as our coach. NO MERCY!!!!
No thanks.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 02:18 AM
So you think Herm would be able to do better with twice the years that Dick coached here?

LMAO!!! uh, he's already tied him in playoff appearances. I'd say it's only up from here, so hell yeah!!! He'll do MUCH better than Dickie!!

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:23 AM
LMAO!!! uh, he's already tied him in playoff appearances. I'd say it's only up from here, so hell yeah!!! He'll do MUCH better than Dickie!!

Because HERM inherits playoff caliber teams and then turns them into 1980's playoff teams.

Dick was 10-6 and didn't make the playoffs.

It ain't just the Chiefs the entire NFL is without parity.

From your point of view 9-7 is better than 10-6, if you make the playoffs.

If you have been watching the AFC west for 25 years you would see what I am talking about.

Guru
11-08-2007, 02:28 AM
10-6 sucks
9-7 sucks

11-5 or greater is all that matters.

luv
11-08-2007, 02:28 AM
I think it's sad when we get get so excited over just making it to the playoffs.

luv
11-08-2007, 02:29 AM
10-6 sucks
9-7 sucks

Too bad I can see us losing more than one more game.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:31 AM

It is good to look at stats, but if you haven't watched the talent on the field then you need to see some film.

Guru
11-08-2007, 02:31 AM
I think it's sad when we get get so excited over just making it to the playoffs.
That is the damn stigma that we as fans have to break.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:33 AM
10-6 sucks
9-7 sucks

Agreed.

I'm down with your signature, just think it will take more than a coach that dares the opponent to GET UP!

We HAVE to be more intimidating than this.

Scoring less than your opponents is not dominant.

MODS FEEL FREE TO POST SOMETHING MEAN AGAINST THE DONKS HERE!

tornadospotter
11-08-2007, 02:34 AM
THIS IS OUR TEAM! START SUPPORTING THEM. WHO EVER IS STARTING IN WHAT EVER POSITION, THEY ARE CHIEF'S. THE COACHES AND PLAYERS ARE CHIEF'S. YES I AGREE WITH ALLOT OF THINGS BE SAID ON THIS FORUM. BUT I BELIEVE THAT ANY CHIEF'S PLAYER, IN THEIR POSITION, WILL GET US TO THE SUPER BOWL, AND WIN IT. THAT IS MY STORY AND I WILL STICK TO IT EVERY YEAR. GET YOU RED ON IT IS donkey WEEK! STOP ICHING AND START SMACKING! THE dONKS ARE GOINNG DOWN! I HATE THE dONKS ONLY SLIGHTLY LESS THAN THE fADERS!
gO, gOO, gOOO, GO CHIEF'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

texaschief
11-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Because HERM inherits playoff caliber teams and then turns them into 1980's playoff teams. If he took over such a great team in New York, why did they fire their previous coach? By the way, he also leaves good teams...or was the Jets' performance last year because of Mangini?

Dick was 10-6 and didn't make the playoffs.

It ain't just the Chiefs the entire NFL is without parity.

From your point of view 9-7 is better than 10-6, if you make the playoffs. again, i'll take playoffs over a good team that missed out...and it was only one game. it's not like they went from an 11 win team who didn't to an 8 win team who did.

If you have been watching the AFC west for 25 years you would see what I am talking about.
how is this relevant?

Obviously, the Chiefs weren't better than the Steelers. They had their chance make the playoffs in a head to head game and lost. Just because it happened earlier in the season, doesn't mean they didn't have their shot.

It's amazing that you could give the Steelers credit for making the playoffs two years ago the way they did, but not give KC credit for making the playoffs the EXACT same way the following year. The Chiefs won the games they needed to early in the season to put their team in position to take advantage of losses in week 17.

The Chiefs won to get in the playoffs last year. they didn't lose, then need others to lose so they could stay in.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 02:37 AM

lol...that's all Carl Peterson will allow us to do.

greg3564
11-08-2007, 02:37 AM
Should be interesting to see what dimension Kennison brings back to the field. With Kennison, Tony G and D-Bowe running routes, the defense won't stack the box as much and Priest get's a little more breathing room on the strech plays and screens.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 02:41 AM
It is good to look at stats, but if you haven't watched the talent on the field then you need to see some film.

are you kidding? please, explain to me how our defensive talent was better than it is now. You know, the joke defense we had since Gunther was fired? I think you're the one who needs to watch game film. That defense couldn't stop my grandmother recieving a pass from yours after my anemic grandfather pounded the rock up the gut.

luv
11-08-2007, 02:43 AM
THIS IS OUR TEAM! START SUPPORTING THEM. WHO EVER IS STARTING IN WHAT EVER POSITION, THEY ARE CHIEF'S. THE COACHES AND PLAYERS ARE CHIEF'S. YES I AGREE WITH ALLOT OF THINGS BE SAID ON THIS FORUM. BUT I BELIEVE THAT ANY CHIEF'S PLAYER, IN THEIR POSITION, WILL GET US TO THE SUPER BOWL, AND WIN IT. THAT IS MY STORY AND I WILL STICK TO IT EVERY YEAR. GET YOU RED ON IT IS donkey WEEK! STOP ICHING AND START SMACKING! THE dONKS ARE GOINNG DOWN! I HATE THE dONKS ONLY SLIGHTLY LESS THAN THE fADERS!
gO, gOO, gOOO, GO CHIEF'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There will be time for pumping people up. Right now, we're discussing actual football.

Guru
11-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Agreed.

I'm down with your signature, just think it will take more than a coach that dares the opponent to GET UP!

We HAVE to be more intimidating than this.

Scoring less than your opponents is not dominant.

MODS FEEL FREE TO POST SOMETHING MEAN AGAINST THE DONKS HERE!

You are missing the point. With the proverbial "foot to throat" they CAN'T get up!:D

In other words, the coach is toying with the other team.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:53 AM
Obviously, the Chiefs weren't better than the Steelers. They had their chance make the playoffs in a head to head game and lost. Just because it happened earlier in the season, doesn't mean they didn't have their shot.

It's amazing that you could give the Steelers credit for making the playoffs two years ago the way they did, but not give KC credit for making the playoffs the EXACT same way the following year. The Chiefs won the games they needed to early in the season to put their team in position to take advantage of losses in week 17.

The Chiefs won to get in the playoffs last year. they didn't lose, then need others to lose so they could stay in.

This has nothing to do with my previous point, but I called the Steelers winning the Super Bowl 6 weeks out.

My original point was we shouldn't have been in the playoffs last year, and should have the year before.

If you're so right all the time, why don't you bet on you're predictions and get some Arrowcash so I can decide whether you know what the f@rk you are really about?:D

texaschief
11-08-2007, 02:55 AM
our offense is SO bad...what are we ever going to do...

I wish we were the Miami Dolphins who have scored 42 more points than we have...they are amazing! Or maybe Oakland they've scored 4 more TDs than we have. Perhaps the Bengals!!! 74 more points!!!

If only we had a better offense, we could be 0-8 maybe even 2-6!!! (((sigh)))

Think 100 more points would get us another win like the Browns?

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:56 AM
You are missing the point. With the proverbial "foot to throat" they CAN'T get up!:D

In other words, the coach is toying with the other team.

Better?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/82.jpg
?

hermhater
11-08-2007, 02:59 AM
our offense is SO bad...what are we ever going to do...

I wish we were the Miami Dolphins who have scored 42 more points than we have...they are amazing! Or maybe Oakland they've scored 4 more TDs than we have. Perhaps the Bengals!!! 74 more points!!!

If only we had a better offense, we could be 0-8 maybe even 2-6!!! (((sigh)))

And how much has their defense allowed?

Never said we were doing worse on D this year overall.

Just the secondary in my opinion.

YouTube - This is funny

Guru
11-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Better?

?

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/001911/chuck01.gif
(http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/001911/chuck01.gif)

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:01 AM
I am in a bad f@rking mood now.

I don't know what it is, but I am p!ssed.

Something on TV, or bad beer, or just plain beyond belief from Chiefs fans.

WE WILL WIN THIE GAME AND SHOW THE BRONCS THAT THEY SUCK AS MUCH AS THEY KNOW THEY DO!!!!!

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:03 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/
(http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/001911/chuck01.gif)

You better watch the f@rk out, because I heard Chuck is coming to break your leg!

:sign0098: :D

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:06 AM

YouTube - This is funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlXou4odYZ8)

THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

It's not ALL about offense. What could've happened in '03 if we could've stopped the Colts JUST ONCE?!! The guy has had 2 offseasons and one and a half regular seasons with this team and y'all act like he's had a decade to draft well on both sides of the ball.

we probably wouldn't be as worried about our team if your beloved Dick Vermiel had been a better coach and left us with more than 7 out of 38 draft picks as contributing players on this team.

Herm has already blown Vermiel away in the draft.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:08 AM

LMAO...why do i think this was aimed at me?

i love that movie.

Guru
11-08-2007, 03:09 AM

It's not ALL about offense. What could've happened in '03 if we could've stopped the Colts JUST ONCE?!! The guy has had 2 offseasons and one and a half regular seasons with this team and y'all act like he's had a decade to draft well on both sides of the ball.

we probably wouldn't be as worried about our team if your beloved Dick Vermiel had been a better coach and left us with more than 7 out of 38 draft picks as contributing players on this team.

Nah, we are just cursed in the playoffs. That's all.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:16 AM
LMAO...why do i think this was aimed at me?

i love that movie.

Because you finally paid attention to others posts, and quit being this guy...

YouTube - This is funny

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:25 AM
Because you finally paid attention to others posts, and quit being this guy...

I've BEEN paying attention. I haven't said anything new tonight or agreed with the "fire Herm", "Huard is awesome", or "offense is everything" arguments I always see on here.

AM I WRONG? AM I WRONG? :lol: :lol: :lol:

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:27 AM
Nah, we are just cursed in the playoffs. That's all.

NO WE'RE NOT CURSED!!!!!!

I REFUSE TO BECOME THE BOSTON REDSOX AND BLAME EVERYTHING BUT OURSELVES FOR NOT WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:33 AM
I've BEEN paying attention. I haven't said anything new tonight or agreed with the "fire Herm", "Huard is awesome", or "offense is everything" arguments I always see on here.

AM I WRONG? AM I WRONG? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you have managed to say it with minimum insults.

No you are not wrong, but I really think an awesome Offense is mandatory at Arrowhead.

I watched it happen for quite a while, over some pretty good AFC West opponents during the last 10, or 12 years.

This has been the most competitive division in the NFL for quite some time. (F@rk the Colts, and Pats, they suck...:D)

And we have been in it since the early 90's.

This is much bigger than "Huard" vs "Croyle", this is Chiefs football, and the way they have been SCREWED by Carl Petersen.

Just use the talent HERM and make the team work.

Please?:mob:

Guru
11-08-2007, 03:34 AM
NO WE'RE NOT CURSED!!!!!!

I REFUSE TO BECOME THE BOSTON REDSOX AND BLAME EVERYTHING BUT OURSELVES FOR NOT WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

We cursed ourselves, duh!!!:D

chief31
11-08-2007, 03:36 AM

Here you go agaian. Bashing great coaches, in favor of an arguably decent head coach.

Her's some fuel for you...

Vermiel went to a horrid Eagles team, and took them to the Super Bowl in his fourth season.

Cowher was the youngest head coach to ever take a team to the Super Bowl, when he did it in his fourth season.

Herm is in his seventh season, including wearing out his welcome after five, with the Jets. Where does he stand by that comparison?

As for our current defense, I say they are led by two of Vermiels guys. Jared Allen and Derrick Johnson. Not that I am dissing Herms eye for defensive talent, but you paint a picture of Herms guys dominating this defense, when there is something else going on.

You rip Vermeil for not supplying defense, but ignore all of Herms offenses. I understand that you think he needs more time to show what he can do, but you ignore his faults, or just let them pass, while raging about Vermiel and Cowhers' failures.

Don't ya think? :D

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:37 AM
But you have managed to say it with minimum insults.

No you are not wrong, but I really think an awesome Offense is mandatory at Arrowhead.

I watched it happen for quite a while, over some pretty good AFC West opponents during the last 10, or 12 years.

This has been the most competitive division in the NFL for quite some time. (F@rk the Colts, and Pats, they suck...:D)

And we have been in it since the early 90's.

This is much bigger than "Huard" vs "Croyle", this is Chiefs football, and the way they have been SCREWED by Carl Petersen.

Just use the talent HERM and make the team work.

Please?:mob:

maybe it's just me, but i remember making the playoffs during the days of "Marty ball" and dominant defenses in the 90's. In the last 20 years, I've seen good defenses make the playoffs more than good offenses. So, that's what i base most of my opinions off of.

chief31
11-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Here you go agaian. Bashing great coaches, in favor of an arguably decent head coach.

Vermiel went to a horrid Eagles team, and took them to the Super Bowl in his fourth season.

Cowher was the youngest head coach to ever take a team to the Super Bowl, when he did it in his third season.

Herm is in his seventh season, including wearing out his welcome after five, with the Jets. Where does he stand by that comparison?

As for our current defense, I say they are led by two of Vermiels guys. Jared Allen and Derrick Johnson. Not that I am dissing Herms eye for defensive talent, but you paint a picture of Herms guys dominating this defense, when there is something else going on.

You rip Vermeil for not supplying defense, but ignore all of Herms offenses. I understand that you think he needs more time to show what he can do, but you ignore his faults, or just let them pass, while raging about Vermiel and Cowhers' failures.

I forgot to add that after twenty years away from coaching, Vermiel started over with another aweful team, and took them to the Super Bowl, in...his third season?

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:42 AM
maybe it's just me, but i remember making the playoffs during the days of "Marty ball" and dominant defenses in the 90's. In the last 20 years, I've seen good defenses make the playoffs more than good offenses. So, that's what i base most of my opinions off of.

That ain't good enough anymore.

I won't have it.

Sorry chief31, but I'm tired of ONLY making the playoffs.

With the lack of parity in the NFL now, and dynasties happening every decade, I don't buy it.

It takes dirty ball to win championships, and HERM is too clean a guy to do that.

SUPERBOWL OR NOTHING!

:yahoo:

luv
11-08-2007, 03:43 AM

Could we substitute a few different names in here? :p

luv
11-08-2007, 03:46 AM

I won't have it.

With the lack of parity in the NFL now, and dynasties happening every decade, I don't buy it.

It takes dirty ball to win championships, and HERM is too clean a guy to do that.

SUPERBOWL OR NOTHING!

Give me your definition of dirty ball before I decide if I agree with you or not.

Last year, we got luck to make it. This year, if we win the division, it will be due to being the least worst team in the AFCW. Being the least worst doesn't make us good or Super Bowl caliber. I agree that playoffs will be an embarrassment at this point.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:46 AM
I forgot to add that after twenty years away from coaching, Vermiel started over with another aweful team, and took them to the Super Bowl, in...his third season?

Where the hell did you come from?

Feel free to post away while someone is responding.

Abusing you're mod privileges again I see?

What is DrunkHillbilly smokin'?

luv
11-08-2007, 03:48 AM
How cool would it be to have Herm as a DC, and DV as an OC? WHo would our HC be?

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:51 AM

Cowher was the youngest head coach to ever take a team to the Super Bowl, when he did it in his fourth season.

The reason people turned on him in New York was because there was a rumor he'd take this job. That's the only reason. Out of all the years Herm's been in the league, how many of those has he had a stable QB? Not many.

I only talk about what Vermiel did here. Not in Philly or St. Louis...cuz he didn't do that here. DJ is a first round pick #16...HE BETTER BE A LEADER!...where's Sims #6 again? We lucked out with Jared Allen. There's a reason so many teams passed on him.

Don't forget, it was Vermiel who pitched a fit that we drafted LJ. Let's not get into Dick's drafting for the Chiefs, because you're going to lose this arguement ugly.

What has Herm done on offense? Please, tell me. Besides drafting 7 offensive players with 14 picks, including a first round WR and a 3rd round QB?

I guarantee Herm will do more for the offense than Dick did for the defense if he's here as long.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:51 AM

I won't have it.

SUPERBOWL OR NOTHING!

Give me your definition of dirty ball before I decide if I agree with you or not.

Last year, we got luck to make it. This year, if we win the division, it will be due to being the least worst team in the AFCW. Being the least worst doesn't make us good or Super Bowl caliber. I agree that playoffs will be an embarrassment at this point.

Tony Dungy ain't the guy with the halo above his head like they portray him. He has his demons, just like everyone else.

He is doing whatever it takes to win games.

He has went out and gotten the guy that keeps beating him in the playoffs.

This weeks went contrary to half the viewers beliefs, but was still a pretty good game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."

Go Chiefs!

:drunkhb: (Plus get in the f@rking Casino and join the Hold 'em game)

luv
11-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Tony Dungy ain't the guy with the halo above his head like they portray him. He has his demons, just like everyone else.

He is doing whatever it takes to win games.

He has went out and gotten the guy that keeps beating him in the playoffs.

This weeks went contrary to half the viewers beliefs, but was still a pretty good game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."

Go Chiefs!

:drunkhb:
Then I disagree. I'd like to think we're above that. They're not only athletes, they're role models too.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Then I disagree. I'd like to think we're above that. They're not only athletes, they're role models too.

that's cute.

give me a ring...and :beer:

you're kidding yourself if you think that New England thing was an isolated event.
they're not the only ones doing stuff like that.
NFL football isn't high school football.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:56 AM
How cool would it be to have Herm as a DC, and DV as an OC? WHo would our HC be?

BB (Bill Belirunupthescore).

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:02 AM

I don't want either as Coordinators. Give me an experienced offense who could understand and execute the complex offense of Al Saunders and a young aggressive defense that won't cry after Gunther Cunningham gets done with them and Herm Edwards as the head coach.

luv
11-08-2007, 04:03 AM
that's cute.

give me a ring...and :beer:

you're kidding yourself if you think that New England thing was an isolated event.
they're not the only ones doing stuff like that.
NFL football isn't high school football.
You'll have to forgive me. I'm just some chick who sees everything through rose colored glasses, and who finds it impossible to have her own opinions.

luv
11-08-2007, 04:04 AM
I don't want either as Coordinators. Give me an experienced offense who could understand and execute the complex offense of Al Saunders and a young aggressive defense that won't cry after Gunther Cunningham gets done with them and Herm Edwards as the head coach.
What has either produced? ANd if you say playoff births, I'll ring your neck.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:07 AM
You'll have to forgive me. I'm just some chick who sees everything through rose colored glasses, and who finds it impossible to have her own opinions.

I'm just saying, the NFL and pro sports in general is a multi-billion dollar industry...you think everything is on the up and up? NBA refs? MLB steroids? You think the worst problem the NFL has is dog fighting?

Too much money is involved.

Guru
11-08-2007, 04:08 AM

Nothing like backing into the playoffs.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:08 AM

what do you mean?

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm just saying, the NFL and pro sports in general is a multi-billion dollar industry...you think everything is on the up and up? NBA refs? MLB steroids? You think the worst problem the NFL has is dog fighting?

Huh.

Just Huh.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:10 AM
Nothing like backing into the playoffs.

i wish people knew what "backing into the playoffs" meant. That's not what the Chiefs did last year.

luv

I'll get off of my moral highhorse. Of course not. There's helmet hits, bad calls, and probably even players who throw games.

texaschief
Huh.

Just Huh.

luv
11-08-2007, 04:11 AM
i wish people knew what "backing into the playoffs" meant. That's not what the Chiefs did last year.
They lucked into it. It certainly wasn't skill. Too many things had to happen or not happen in order for us to get in. It wasn't up to us to get in, it was up to others winning/losing.

luv
11-08-2007, 04:13 AM
what do you mean?
Our offense leaves a lot to be desired, and our D is still letting down their guard when it matters.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:15 AM
They lucked into it. It certainly wasn't skill. Too many things had to happen or not happen in order for us to get in. It wasn't up to us to get in, it was up to others winning/losing.

We won, and 4 other teams lost.

It worked in our favor. Could be looked at as happening in order.

I sound like HERM, but We happened to win that game and they lost.
:sign0098:

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:20 AM

More than 3 teams lose every week. Just because the Chiefs were in position to take advantage with 9 wins doesn't mean they "backed in".

"backing into the playoffs" would have been if the Chiefs had lost also. Then, the Broncos and those other teams who LOST would've "backed in". The Chiefs won.

They didn't lose. It was definitely skill that put them in position to take advantage that last week, earlier in the season.

The Chiefs took what those others didn't want. It's funny. Never heard this complaining about making the playoffs till we lost.

Gotta love bandwagon jumpers.

chief31
11-08-2007, 04:20 AM

It most definitely wasn't "backing into the playoffs". It was slightly worse than that.

When you "Back in", at least you were ahead of everyone and sropped a game, to make it into the playoffs. What we did was we were the last possible team to be able to make it, and since all of the other teams "backed out", we wnt by default.

chief31
11-08-2007, 04:23 AM
More than 3 teams lose every week. Just because the Chiefs were in position to take advantage with 9 wins doesn't mean they "backed in".

"backing into the playoffs" would have been if the Chiefs had lost also. Then, the Broncos and those other teams who LOST would've "backed in". The Chiefs won.

They didn't lose. It was definitely skill that put them in position to take advantage that last week, earlier in the season.

The Chiefs took what those others didn't want. It's funny. Never heard this complaining about making the playoffs till we lost.

Speaking of bandwagon jumpers... You seem to be positioning yourself for an "I told you so" if the Chiefs miss the playoffs, while also positioning yourself for the "I told you so", if they make it.

"I told you mediocre wasn't good enough." Or "I told you that Herm could get us to the promised land"

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:23 AM

Huh.

Just Huh.

????

The Chiefs did what it took to get into the playoffs, and then HERM had no gameplan to do anything about BOOB SANDERS!!!

WE SHOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME AND THE SUPERBOWL LAST YEAR!!!!!!

:mob: :D :mob: :mob: :mob:

luv
11-08-2007, 04:25 AM

Bandwagon jumper? My god, yet another person judging others' fandom. Makes me sick. I'm still here, aren't I?

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:25 AM
Our offense leaves a lot to be desired, and our D is still letting down their guard when it matters.

Our offense isn't led by Al Saunders right now. Nor is it experienced or executing.

Our defense is fine. They're young they're a top 10 defensive unit. Best in the red zone. Great in run defense. Young at safety and old at CB.

It'll take at least another offseason to address everything wrong with this team...and that's if we don't still need a QB after this year. Of course we'd have a better idea if Croyle was in...but that was 8 pages ago.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:26 AM
It most definitely wasn't "backing into the playoffs". It was slightly worse than that.

When you "Back in", at least you were ahead of everyone and sropped a game, to make it into the playoffs. What we did was we were the last possible team to be able to make it, and since all of the other teams "backed out", we wnt by default.

I won't even fix your reply.

We went because we won.

If we had lost we would not have gone.

I didn't fix wnt because it might be some new kind of slang. :11:

luv
11-08-2007, 04:27 AM
Our offense isn't led by Al Saunders right now. Nor is it experienced or executing.

Our defense is fine. They're young they're a top 10 defensive unit. Best in the red zone. Great in run defense. Young at safety and old at CB.

It'll take at least another offseason to address everything wrong with this team...and that's if we don't still need a QB after this year. Of course we'd have a better idea if Croyle was in...but that was 8 pages ago.
This I can agree with you on. I've been about starting Croyle from the get-go. I won't get into that though. Beating a dead horse.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:27 AM
Speaking of bandwagon jumpers... You seem to be positioning yourself for an "I told you so" if the Chiefs miss the playoffs, while also positioning yourself for the "I told you so", if they make it.

"I told you mediocre wasn't good enough." Or "I told you that Herm could get us to the promised land"

Heh!:D

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:28 AM
Bandwagon jumper? My god, yet another person judging others' fandom. Makes me sick. I'm still here, aren't I?

wasn't talking about you...or anyone here in regards to cheering for the Chiefs. More like small things like whether to fire herm or go with which QB and stuff like that.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:30 AM

Ahem.

Drama Queen.

Ahem.

Chill.

luv
11-08-2007, 04:30 AM
wasn't talking about you...or anyone here in regards to cheering for the Chiefs. More like small things like whether to fire herm or go with which QB and stuff like that.
I'm not about firing Herm. I am about seeing if we will have the need for a different QB next year. Something we won't be finding out his year. I still won't be surprised if they try to get by trading for a high round draft pick, and we end up with another backup QB from somewhere else yet again.

luv
11-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Ahem.

Drama Queen.

Ahem.

Chill.
Okay, Canada.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:33 AM

no no no no...don't get me wrong. I'll be saying that in a few years. I'd much rather the Chiefs have used this season as "growth" year for their young players. It makes me sick every week Damon Huard is our starter. We're accomplishing nothing as a franchise this season. Even if we make the playoffs, as we're going now, we won't go far. And, we'd only be there because every other team in our division is experiencing similar problems to what we're having.

So, we might actually get a muligan for this season and could get a chance to do it right next year. This team is a good 2 years away from becoming a Super Bowl contender and I'd like to see Herm get the chance to show he can build a great team. He had a shot in New York, but his QB couldn't stay healthy.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Ahem.

Drama Queen.

Ahem.

Chill.

Okay, Canada.

Heh.:D

Guru
11-08-2007, 04:35 AM

By God, you ARE Herm, aren't you!

Needing 3 teams to lose in order to make the playoffs is backing in. How often does that actually work out? Not very often. We were lucky.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:37 AM
we won't be a contender until we're a top 10 team on both sides of the ball...or at least middle of the pack on offense. of course, that's what we said earlier this decade about our defense.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:39 AM

Needing 3 teams to lose in order to make the playoffs is backing in. How often does that actually work out? Not very often. We were lucky.

ok. whatever.

like talkin to a brick wall.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:39 AM
no no no no...don't get me wrong. I'll be saying that in a few years. I'd much rather the Chiefs have used this season as "growth" year for their young players. It makes me sick every week Damon Huard is our starter. We're accomplishing nothing as a franchise this season. Even if we make the playoffs, as we're going now, we won't go far. And, we'd only be there because every other team in our division is experiencing similar problems to what we're having.

So, we might actually get a muligan for this season and could get a chance to do it right next year. This team is a good 2 years away from becoming a Super Bowl contender and I'd like to see Herm get the chance to show he can build a great team. He had a shot in New York, but his QB couldn't stay healthy.

And I would like to see freakin' cows give milk on Mars????

HERM is a freakin' moron that will NEVER be able to build a team.

With the amount of talent the Chiefs already have, he may join the playoffs again, and again...

But until he changes his opinion about the POINTS (which he HAS mentioned...) our offense has scored, we are handicapped.

texaschief
11-08-2007, 04:40 AM
I'm out. y'all have a good night. I'll keep checkin this thread all week. see y'all tomorrow.

luv
11-08-2007, 04:40 AM
we won't be a contender until we're a top 10 team on both sides of the ball...or at least middle of the pack on offense. of course, that's what we said earlier this decade about our defense.If we're not a contender, then why are we getting so excited over the playoffs?

Guru
11-08-2007, 04:41 AM

BANDWAGON JUMPERS!!!!????

You know nothing about the fans on this board at all do you? God forbid anyone stay with reality.

We are nothing more than a mediocre team. We didn't deserve the playoffs last year and so far, we don't deserve it this year. If we slip in with an 8-8 record because we won the pathetic AFC West, we still don't deserve it.

Guru
11-08-2007, 04:42 AM
ok. whatever.

Could say the same about you. Oh, thats right, you are always right. I forgot that.

I wash my hands.

luv
11-08-2007, 04:42 AM

You know nothing about the fans on this board at all do you? God forbid anyone stay with reality.

We are nothing more than a mediocre team. We didn't deserve the playoffs last year and so far, we don't deserve it this year. If we slip in with an 8-8 record because we won the pathetic AFC West, we still don't deserve it.
Drama queen.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:44 AM

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Drama queen.

Heh.:bananen_smilies046:

Guru
11-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Drama queen.

POT calling the kettle black I see.:D

luv
11-08-2007, 04:47 AM
I thought you were white?

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:47 AM
ok. whatever.

Could say the same about you. Oh, thats right, you are always right. I forgot that.

I wash my hands.

Again.

YouTube - the odd couple tv series

hermhater
11-08-2007, 04:48 AM

Why don't you share?

chief31
11-08-2007, 05:20 AM

I think our primary differences are on the subject of how to encourage "growth" in a young quarterback, What to do with a young quarterback who struggles, and, of course, rather or not to encourage "sand-bagging".

And maybe the reasons for Chad Penningtons oft-injured career. And.... Well, ok. there are alot of things, I guess.

But, I believe that you do have the best interests of the Chiefs in mind, overall.

Guru
11-08-2007, 05:39 AM
I just love it when people consider you dumb for having your own opinion.

chief31
11-08-2007, 06:17 AM
I just love it when people consider you dumb for having your own opinion.

Yeah, especially since the only reason anyones opinion is dumb, is when it isn't the same as mine. :D

Guru
11-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah, especially since the only reason anyones opinion is dumb, is when it isn't the same as mine. :D
Yes, we are aware of this fault of yours. :lol::D

McLovin
11-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Yes, we are aware of this fault of yours. :lol::D
Yes highly aware. :D:lol::bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
11-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I think our primary differences are on the subject of how to encourage "growth" in a young quarterback, What to do with a young quarterback who struggles, and, of course, rather or not to encourage "sand-bagging".

And maybe the reasons for Chad Penningtons oft-injured career. And.... Well, ok. there are alot of things, I guess.

But, I believe that you do have the best interests of the Chiefs in mind, overall.

Putting your future offensive leader and best QB prospect on the field isn't "encouraging sandbagging". If your guy doesn't get any in-game experience, how will he learn? Are you banking on garbage time to allow him to play? Who knows, we could've been better with Croyle. But, we could've been worse, thus setting us up nicely to pick a QB up early in the draft if Brodie absolutely bombed.

luv
11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Putting your future offensive leader and best QB prospect on the field isn't "encouraging sandbagging". If your guy doesn't get any in-game experience, how will he learn? Are you banking on garbage time to allow him to play? Who knows, we could've been better with Croyle. But, we could've been worse, thus setting us up nicely to pick a QB up early in the draft if Brodie absolutely bombed.
And risk a possible playoff birth which we'll lose in the first round? How dare you speak suck a thing! [/sarcasm]

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
And risk a possible playoff birth which we'll lose in the first round? How dare you speak suck a thing! [/sarcasm]

nothing else has worked. this kind of team is all we've had with Carl Peterson. We've had 4 or 5 head coaches during the CP riegn...one of which has won two super bowls. 3 of which have had success with other teams.

I only see one constant here....

Please Mr. Hunt....please. :mob:

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
nothing else has worked. this kind of team is all we've had with Carl Peterson. We've had 4 or 5 head coaches during the CP riegn...one of which has won two super bowls. 3 of which have had success with other teams.

I only see one constant here....

Please Mr. Hunt....please. :mob:

This is in NO WAY condoning the actions of Queen Carl concerning the management of OUR Chiefs...

But since he got here, we have not had a blackout locally that I can remember.

I'm not sayin..., I'm just sayin...:D

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:27 PM
This is in NO WAY condoning the actions of Queen Carl concerning the management of OUR Chiefs...

But since he got here, we have not had a blackout locally that I can remember.

I'm not sayin..., I'm just sayin...:D

again, i think he'd be a great President. He just has just plateued as a GM. He has established a culture around Kansas City. Chiefs fans are loyal (obviously). They aren't going anywhere. It's time to give those fans a championship. It's been half a century. I think the ownership group and upper management (including Carl) should do and make the best moves possible to win a championship, and after 20 years, Carl has to realize when it's time to step down.

The problem is, only the GOOD GMs realize when it's time to walk away...so, which comes first, the chicken or the egg?

hermhater
11-08-2007, 03:34 PM
You're preachin' to the choir guy!

texaschief
11-08-2007, 03:40 PM
but after 20 years....everything that's wrong with the Chiefs is because of Herm Edwards...right?

timsatt1
11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
but after 20 years....everything that's wrong with the Chiefs is because of Herm Edwards...right?

ummm...not all was bad the last 20 years. The year we went 13-3, we had a team that COULD HAVE won it all. We just ran into payton that day and lost, that is all. Even with the best team, it is hard to win it all.

Problem we are facing now is how the $#%# do we make a superbowl until Manning and Tom Brady retire?

It might be a while until we make the promise land.

I do want to step in and try and be a moterator of some type.

Even though I don't agree with texaschief about Herm possbily being a good coach, we just need to give him time....i sure can agree to disagree and say that he isnt stupid for saying that in any way. He also has a great point that we need to play our rookie qb to get him in game experience. You can get sideline experience game after game and pretty soon you realize your career is over and you never even played...but at least you have sideline experience....which now means nothing.

Please agree to disagree on this matter only because there really are no facts involved since a lot of this argument is about our future which has not happened yet, and we are all trying our best to speculate what is going to happen but none of us really know.

All i know is I think our Chiefs offense is going to surprise us this week. against the broncos. and i predict a good game from our running backs. That will be the biggest surprise to you i think. You will not see them struggle to get 3+ yards on first down like you have all season.

ok i have made my running game prediction in many posts already, i hope you all hold me to it!!!! and we can come back to this message on sunday after our victory where all will be forgiven between each other because we all share one great common bond, we love to see the Chiefs win!!!

greg3564
11-08-2007, 09:35 PM
All i know is I think our Chiefs offense is going to surprise us this week. against the broncos.

Use great caution when saying that against a poor defensive and offensive team. The games that count are against good teams. Those are the ones that should be judged. Those are the ones that count the most. We really can't get all hopeful when the Chiefs decimate a poor team and quite honestly that hasn't even happened this year(remember the Raider game?).

Chiefster
11-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Use great caution when saying that against a poor defensive and offensive team. The games that count are against good teams. Those are the ones that should be judged. Those are the ones that count the most. We really can't get all hopeful when the Chiefs decimate a poor team and quite honestly that hasn't even happened this year(remember the Raider game?).

True, but it is against a division rival.

timsatt1
11-08-2007, 10:38 PM

yes that is what i am saying, we havent destroyed ANY team this year...so that is why i make the prediction that we WILL EXPLODE our load on the broncos. our offense is going to be astounding. Run game...simply amazing.

yes, broncos suck at stopping the run....so to that i say...the game AFTER this one, we will have a good running game. We will probably lose since it is the colts, but our offense will look good against em.

Priest will show you the impact he has on this team. It will be noticable beyond the shadow of any doubt.

dont argue with this post...just wait till the game then shove it in my face if i am wrong.

but my prediction is that johnson's lack of being able to get around the outside or to get anywhere after a catch is what hurt our offense the most...again, i know that NO ONE here agrees with me on that....that is why i make this prediction....so you can respond and say "YOU ARE WAY WRONG!!! or you can wait till after the game, then shove this post in my face if i am wrong.

but remember kids, i am right 98.8% of the time, and i DONT think our O LINE is horrible.

i blame LJ's style of run. Teams figure out, oh, he runs up the middle 73% of the time, lets stack the box with 9 players, dont worry about the outside, if he goes, well catch up to him.

the reason he is no longer effective is because teams did stat analysis on him and figured him out and found out how limited he is as a runningback.

WOOHOO! that is the truth. 98.8%

Chiefster
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
yes that is what i am saying, we havent destroyed ANY team this year...so that is why i make the prediction that we WILL EXPLODE our load on the broncos. our offense is going to be astounding. Run game...simply amazing.

yes, broncos suck at stopping the run....so to that i say...the game AFTER this one, we will have a good running game. We will probably lose since it is the colts, but our offense will look good against em.

Priest will show you the impact he has on this team. It will be noticable beyond the shadow of any doubt.

dont argue with this post...just wait till the game then shove it in my face if i am wrong.

but my prediction is that johnson's lack of being able to get around the outside or to get anywhere after a catch is what hurt our offense the most...again, i know that NO ONE here agrees with me on that....that is why i make this prediction....so you can respond and say "YOU ARE WAY WRONG!!! or you can wait till after the game, then shove this post in my face if i am wrong.

but remember kids, i am right 98.8% of the time, and i DONT think our O LINE is horrible.

i blame LJ's style of run. Teams figure out, oh, he runs up the middle 73% of the time, lets stack the box with 9 players, dont worry about the outside, if he goes, well catch up to him.

the reason he is no longer effective is because teams did stat analysis on him and figured him out and found out how limited he is as a runningback.

Respectfully disagreeing with a point of view is every member's prerogative.

timsatt1
11-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Respectfully disagreeing with a point of view is every members prerogative.

well what i was implying is that there is no need to respond because i already realize that no one else on this board agrees with what i just stated...only me.

so i was just saying you dont need to respond saying "you are way wrong blah blah"

it is understood that the rest of the board thinks that.

so that is why i say...wait till after the game(s)

and the truth will be told about a runningback who cant beat the d around the outside and only runs up the middle.

hermhater
11-08-2007, 11:25 PM
well what i was implying is that there is no need to respond because i already realize that no one else on this board agrees with what i just stated...only me.

so i was just saying you dont need to respond saying "you are way wrong blah blah"

and the truth will be told about a runningback who cant beat the d around the outside and only runs up the middle.

After your comment on how happy you were that LJ was hurt I decided not to respond to your posts anymore.

I don't know what happened, but for some reason YOU have become more respectful of others than about 50% of the people on this board.

I agree that our O will probably light it up this week at home against the Donks, but that is about 98.8% probable in everyones mind.

Being right when you say something occasionally does not mean that you have the corner on common sense.

I like the way you have lightened up a bit, just root for the team, and quit trying to say everyone is against you.

greg3564
11-08-2007, 11:26 PM

I wouldn't say that. I agreed with you 100% as far as the running game is concerned. I am a HUGE Priest Holmes fan and want him to pull this out. I believe he will and I have stated so on here before. My major concern is how the rest of the offense will do.

With Kennison back the WR game should be better.

I still think we need a more mobile QB back there when the pocket collapses so we don't so many sacks. Huard and his knee braces are NO threat to a defense. Yeah, he might scramble here and there, but he's no deep threat as he can't run more than 6 or 7 yards before getting pulled down. While Croyle is no Vince Young, he's still young and in shape and not hobled with bad knees in addition to getting slammed down all year.

Chiefster
11-08-2007, 11:28 PM

I understand that, and agree that you may well be the only one who feels the way that you do. My point is that no one member has the right to dictate the course other members take the conversation within the thread. If they want to respectfully disagree with you here and now then they have the right to do so. Not trying to pick a fight here, just stating my opinion.

Chiefster
11-09-2007, 12:31 AM

What's all this talk about black pot??? :p

Guru
11-09-2007, 12:35 AM

DOH!!

Chiefster
11-09-2007, 12:42 AM
DOH!!

:lol::lol::lol:

hermhater
11-09-2007, 12:45 AM

DOH!!

This is not black, but still...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/19.jpg

Chiefster
11-09-2007, 01:05 AM
This is not black, but still...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/19.jpg

Ya see, I thought it was green. :D

texaschief
11-09-2007, 01:47 AM
If we had a good QB/O-line (whatever), we could become a very good passing team. Kennison, Webb, D-Bowe, and that other guy...what's his name...oh yeah, Gonzo!! This offense isn't far off...except for a QB and line...:lol:

Chiefster
11-09-2007, 01:50 AM
If we had a good QB/O-line (whatever), we could become a very good passing team. Kennison, Webb, D-Bowe, and that other guy...what's his name...oh yeah, Gonzo!! This offense isn't far off...except for a QB and line...:lol:

Get the "O" Line straightened out and the QB situation will follow IMO.

chief31
11-09-2007, 01:55 AM

Exactly where I already said that we disagree. Especially since you would go and draft a QB if he doesn't play well. Peyton Manning didn't play well in his first season either. I am thrilled that by him sitting this long, he is going to get a real chance to succeed. Because even if he struggles people may not be in as big a hurry to replace him. I would much rather see him get a chance to play when we have a solid offense for him to work with.

I think, I know I have said it alot, that from the sidelines, a young qb gets alot of experience. Very little "garbage time" is neccessary, in my opinion.

I'm not sure why you think you are alone on this line of thinking. It is such an easy stance to take, considering that our running game has been so poor, so far. It's not like you are going out on some limb by saying that you expect it to improve now.

I would venture to gguess that the majority around here feel the same way. With so much room for improvement, why would anyone be shocked to see the change cause an improvement? It's not like the running game can get much worse.

texaschief
11-09-2007, 02:40 AM
at this point in the season, unless he's just awful, you're right, you shouldn't draft another QB in april. But, the Chiefs were about to pull the trigger on Quinn this year.

If we turn the ball over to Croyle right now, you have to wait at least till 09 to draft another QB. If we had started Croyle at the start of the season, we'd have a better idea about him. But like i said earlier, Carl's decision to go with Huard has set this team back another 2 years at the QB position...and that's if Croyle is THE GUY. If he's not, CP has set us back another 5.

It's just demoralizing to know this franchise has no foresight.

chief31
11-09-2007, 02:58 AM
at this point in the season, unless he's just awful, you're right, you shouldn't draft another QB in april. But, the Chiefs were about to pull the trigger on Quinn this year.

If we turn the ball over to Croyle right now, you have to wait at least till 09 to draft another QB. If we had started Croyle at the start of the season, we'd have a better idea about him. But like i said earlier, Carl's decision to go with Huard has set this team back another 2 years at the QB position...and that's if Croyle is THE GUY. If he's not, CP has set us back another 5.

It's just demoralizing to know this franchise has no foresight.

The way I see it, is that they are using good judgement in the matter. Because if Croyle had started the season, then he most likely would have struggled alot. Partly from trying to "learn on the fly", and partly form the poor offensive line.

That would have painted a very ugly picture. Eveyone decides to move on without Croyle, having not given him a serious opportunity. Not to mention the fact that we would likely do as you suggested and draft one in the first round. Forcing him into a bad situation without offensive line talent again. (Unlikely that we can find what this line needs through free-agency, and unlikely that Herm would allow both of his first two draft picks to be used on offensive prospects.) Thus starting the vicious circle that alot of teams get cuaght-up in, where they seem to be unable to find a quarterback, because they haven't done enough with the offensive line, for those quarterbacks to find any success.

Forsight. From a different angle.

texaschief
11-09-2007, 04:03 AM
You're assuming we would use our top draft picks on the O-line. Personally, i think our first pick next year will be on a CB if one is available.

hermhater
11-09-2007, 04:13 AM
Yeah, you guys go ahead and argue Football, while others are not here to defend.

What are we talking 'bout? (Yawwwwwwwnnn)

chief31
11-09-2007, 04:26 AM
You're assuming we would use our top draft picks on the O-line. Personally, i think our first pick next year will be on a CB if one is available.

I don't doubt that at all. No matter how obvious it may be that the offensive line is the weakest link on this team, I fully expect it to be underappreciated again.

Chiefster
11-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Huard will not win us a Superbowl, the O line will not win us a Superbowl and a strong defense alone will not win us a Superbowl. I want a Bowl appearance and I really could care less about winning the AFC West. I think we sell ourselves short and are settling for less if all we really care about is the AFC West. We as fans need to demand more.Hard to argue with that.

I don't doubt that at all. No matter how obvious it may be that the offensive line is the weakest link on this team, I fully expect it to be underappreciated again.

Same here.

texaschief
11-09-2007, 05:00 PM
it needs to be said that if we start re-building this offensive line with high draft picks, we may not see positive results for a season or two and it doesn't seem like too many Chiefs fans have that kind of patience.

I can just see people jumping on this board in a couple years *****ing about and asking why Herm didn't sign vet FAs to man the O-line.

I just don't see a quick solution on the O-line right now.

just my .02.

Chiefster
11-09-2007, 05:03 PM
it needs to be said that if we start re-building this offensive line with high draft picks, we may not see positive results for a season or two and it doesn't seem like too many Chiefs fans have that kind of patience.

I can just see people jumping on this board in a couple years *****ing about and asking why Herm didn't sign vet FAs to man the O-line.

just my .02.

Heh, it seems that in order to win big ya gotta lose big.

texaschief
11-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Heh, it seems that in order to win big ya gotta lose big.

:sign0098: :sign0098: :sign0098:

omg...wtf have i been saying all season?!!!!

apparently, this line of thinking is "cowardly" though.

:sign0098: :sign0098: :sign0098: :sign0098:

Chiefster
11-09-2007, 05:12 PM

This is not a unique line of thinking. :D

timsatt1
11-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Exactly where I already said that we disagree. Especially since you would go and draft a QB if he doesn't play well. Peyton Manning didn't play well in his first season either. I am thrilled that by him sitting this long, he is going to get a real chance to succeed. Because even if he struggles people may not be in as big a hurry to replace him. I would much rather see him get a chance to play when we have a solid offense for him to work with.

I think, I know I have said it alot, that from the sidelines, a young qb gets alot of experience. Very little "garbage time" is neccessary, in my opinion.

I'm not sure why you think you are alone on this line of thinking. It is such an easy stance to take, considering that our running game has been so poor, so far. It's not like you are going out on some limb by saying that you expect it to improve now.

I would venture to gguess that the majority around here feel the same way. With so much room for improvement, why would anyone be shocked to see the change cause an improvement? It's not like the running game can get much worse.

umm, maybe you are not reading my message right or something. I blamed Larry Johnson and his limitations 100% for the reason our running game is aweful. I said our line really isnt that bad, it is just that other teams did stat analysist on Johnsons 2 major years of playing time and realized that he is not quick enough to get around the outside.

therefore, bring 9 guys in the box where there is no way he is gonna get free up the middle, and dont worry about the sides, he cant get around. He is too slow.

That was my main point. I am saying NOW it is going to be exposed as we have a GOOD RUNNING GAME throughout the season. That is my prediction. Not simply "improvement" on our running game. I said NOW THAT JOHNSON IS OUT OUR RUNNING GAME IS GOING TO EXIST, it is going to be GOOD!!!!!

thank you and that is all. Priest is going to be a monster with his versatility being able to run up the middle, around the side, or catching in the secondary or a screen pass to the side. He is such a great threat that they will not be able to pack the middle up, they have to be ready for priest to go anywhere on the field. You can do a stat analysist on priest and he does too many different things to be able to just "stop the middle".

Johnson has been exposed and never again will be what he was when the best offensive line in the nfl made it look like he was a great runningback.

chief31
11-10-2007, 05:10 AM

just my .02.

Unfortunately, The past two drafts were the ideal time to start that rebuilding process. Of course we would still need to be working on it through free agency as well.

But that oversight is my primary "beef" with Herm.

Yes it is, and it teaaches a losing attitude that is very difficult to rectify.

anaeelbackwards
11-10-2007, 10:36 AM
IMO

Larry Johnson is a great back. I don't know why a lot of you want to bash him and blame him for our non-existant o-line. That man has tried and tried to find holes to run in but that o-line isn't giving him nothing to work with. I wouldn't blame LJ for being the least bit angry and emotional during games.

IMO

put any running back in there and it'll be just the same. he might get a yard or two more but still the same results. with that o-line that we have now, we aren't going anywhere. and we are still not going to be effective on converting 3rd downs.

IMO

teams are just playing good defense against our running game. why wouldn't they? we have one of the best running backs in the league, why wouldn't we run? its a known fact that we would. other defenses are getting the job done against us.

IMO

people just need to get off his back before they run him out of this city. i know he has a bad attitude about things, but so what. i dont care about that, all i care about is him being healthy and able to run that ball and help us get a win.

if you don't like my opinion, i don't care. its mine and i can do whatever i want with it.:11:

that is all. :beer:

spiman
11-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm glad your thinking isn't backwards. You go-go girl..ME likes you like the Chiefs.

hermhater
11-10-2007, 02:17 PM
IMO

Larry Johnson is a great back. I don't know why a lot of you want to bash him and blame him for our non-existant o-line. That man has tried and tried to find holes to run in but that o-line isn't giving him nothing to work with. I wouldn't blame LJ for being the least bit angry and emotional during games.

IMO

put any running back in there and it'll be just the same. he might get a yard or two more but still the same results. with that o-line that we have now, we aren't going anywhere. and we are still not going to be effective on converting 3rd downs.

IMO

teams are just playing good defense against our running game. why wouldn't they? we have one of the best running backs in the league, why wouldn't we run? its a known fact that we would. other defenses are getting the job done against us.

IMO

people just need to get off his back before they run him out of this city. i know he has a bad attitude about things, but so what. i dont care about that, all i care about is him being healthy and able to run that ball and help us get a win.

if you don't like my opinion, i don't care. its mine and i can do whatever i want with it.:11:

that is all. :beer:

We shall see tomorrow!!!

Thank God the Donks have such a crappy run D!!!!

Go Chiefs!!!!

texaschief
11-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Yes it is, and it teaaches a losing attitude that is very difficult to rectify.

So is busting out of mediocrity...obviously.

chief31
11-10-2007, 04:12 PM
So is busting out of mediocrity...obviously.

In Petersons time with the Chiefs, we have had some very good teams. That "mediocrity" thing doesn't ring any bells here.

timsatt1
11-10-2007, 04:34 PM
In Petersons time with the Chiefs, we have had some very good teams. That "mediocrity" thing doesn't ring any bells here.

i concurr, we have had some great teams, even a few with superbowl potential, the cards just didnt fall the right way those years.

but great team, great talent, good coaching...till now.

we just have great talent, bad gameplans.

chief31
11-10-2007, 04:57 PM
i concurr, we have had some great teams, even a few with superbowl potential, the cards just didnt fall the right way those years.

I contest that we have a shortage of talent on the O-line. Commonly overlooked area of a football team.

texaschief
11-10-2007, 05:23 PM

How many playoff wins since CP got here again? 31, it really is no surprise to me that you can't recognize mediocrity. Very good teams find ways to win in the playoffs. The cards don't need to "fall right" for good teams to win. By the way, i forgot our record...anyone?

Chiefster
11-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I contest that we have a shortage of talent on the O-line. Commonly overlooked area of a football team.

I contest the same I merely hope that Priest can find a way to effectively utilize our swiss cheese "O" line.

hermhater
11-11-2007, 03:15 AM

How many playoff wins since CP got here again? 31, it really is no surprise to me that you can't recognize mediocrity. Very good teams find ways to win in the playoffs. The cards don't need to "fall right" for good teams to win. By the way, i forgot our record...anyone?

I contest the same I merely hope that Priest can find a way to effectively utilize our swiss cheese "O" line.

Not sure who sucks worse...

You both seem to suck equally...

Hopefully Priest will do this thing.

If you both keep this up I will have to BAN you both.

chief31 you need to be carefull....

HEH!

:sign0103:

texaschief
11-11-2007, 04:03 AM

chief31
11-11-2007, 07:29 AM

Appearently I don't then. Because 13-3 is never going to be mediocre to me. Nor is 12-4, nor 11-5. Those are teams that are serious competitors.

I would hate to see you running a team. First you would teach them how to be the biggest losers around, so that you could add some high draft position. Then you would turn around and fire everyone for losing. Then you would turn around again, and fire everyone for losing, and again, and again. Never to admit that you might have made any mistakes.

You would have a new head coach every third season. First season they would be 7-9, then you would demand that they play for draft position, leading to 2-14. Then you would fire the coach for being unable to teach the losers that you requested to win. 4-12. Then the next coach would come in and be lucky to lead those trained losers to 8-8, and back to the playing for draft position.

"The cards don't need to fall right..." Of course they do. If they don't, then someone else wins. It's the same in any sport. The best team isn't nessecarily the team that wins. It's often known as the "any given Sunday" rule.

hermhater
11-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Appearently I don't then. Because 13-3 is never going to be mediocre to me. Nor is 12-4, nor 11-5. Those are teams that are serious competitors.

I would hate to see you running a team. First you would teach them how to be the biggest losers around, so that you could add some high draft position. Then you would turn around and fire everyone for losing. Then you would turn around again, and fire everyone for losing, and again, and again. Never to admit that you might have made any mistakes.

You would have a new head coach every third season. First season they would be 7-9, then you would demand that they play for draft position, leading to 2-14. Then you would fire the coach for being unable to teach the losers that you requested to win. 4-12. Then the next coach would come in and be lucky to lead those trained losers to 8-8, and back to the playing for draft position.

"The cards don't need to fall right..." Of course they do. If they don't, then someone else wins. It's the same in any sport. The best team isn't nessecarily the team that wins. It's often known as the "any given Sunday" rule.

You mean we get rid of HERM next season???

Then I am for it!!!

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 10:41 PM

If you both keep this up I will have to BAN you both.

HEH!

Go for it.

(http://www.spacejunk.org/spacejunk/wp-content/images/music/weeklypollpopsongs.jpg)

hermhater
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM

If you both keep this up I will have to Give Props to you both.

HEH!

Go for it.

(http://www.spacejunk.org/spacejunk/wp-content/images/music/weeklypollpopsongs.jpg)

FMR!

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
FMR!

Better! :D

Polleo Pit Man
11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/11/12/22/519-CHIEFSJAGS2_100707_DRE_401a_11-13-2007_DOVL2MM.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Polleo Pit Man
11-13-2007, 02:56 PM
RAND: A tough spot for Croyle

Nov 13, 2007, 1:50:54 AM by Jonathan Rand (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/jonathan_rand/) - FAQ (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/01/20/jonathan_rand_faq/)

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards doesn’t have a great choice between quarterbacks Damon Huard and Brodie Croyle. But a change became inevitable in a 27-11 loss to the Broncos.
Perhaps because of the punishment he’s absorbed to his body and confidence, Huard has regressed in two straight home losses. He’s committed five turnovers, including two that set up touchdowns and two returned for touchdowns.
So it’s time for Croyle, in his second season, to lead the Chiefs’ offense. That’s putting him in a tough spot unless the Chiefs can find a way to protect him from the wolves.
A quarterback making his first NFL start will have his best shot to succeed when supported by at least a solid cast. Then he can begin with a limited role and not get overwhelmed. But the Chiefs’ offense ranks 30th in the NFL, mainly because its line hasn’t generated much of a running game or protected its quarterback. Yet they’ll be asking Croyle to make a difference.
This is exactly the situation you don’t want for any quarterback, especially not a youngster. NFL history is littered with young blue-chip passers who got stuck with weak offenses and never learned their crafts because they were always on their backs.
Croyle was on track to start opening day before throwing those awful interceptions in the preseason. The job was his to lose all summer because any coach would rather play a quarterback with a promising upside than a journeyman who’s as good as he’ll get.
Huard won the job partly by default but also because he minimized his mistakes and made key plays while leading the Chiefs to a 5-3 record in his starts last season. He remained reliable this year, too, while the Chiefs won four of five games after an 0-2 start. But now that his turnovers have become frequent and costly, he’s lost his edge over Croyle.
Sadly enough for the Chiefs, this switch isn’t likely to make a difference soon. The offense’s collapse shouldn’t be blamed mainly on Huard, yet quarterback is the last offensive spot left where Edwards can shake things up.
Croyle is more nimble than Huard, but he’ll still be running for his life, given protection that’s allowed 29 sacks. Croyle also whips the ball more quickly than Huard and his quick, short throws are difficult to defend.
Croyle’s crisp passes helped him methodically move the Chiefs to a field goal, their lone scoring drive once he took over against the Broncos early in the third quarter. But it’s difficult for a quarterback to nickel and dime his way down the field without a respectable running game.
Defenses facing the Chiefs generally load up against the run and dare the quarterback to beat them. Croyle should expect more of the same.
Edwards saw a quarterback change, from veteran Vinny Testaverde to youngster Chad Pennington, boost the New York Jets from a 1-4 team to a playoff qualifier in 2002. There’s always a chance that a new quarterback’s talent and leadership can wake up a sluggish attack. Given the problems around him, however, that’s too much to ask of Croyle.
But the Chiefs right now have no better option, and little left to lose

texaschief
11-13-2007, 08:04 PM

lol...if i were running a team, we'd be a perennial playoff contender, not a team who had an 8-8 record, then 13-3, then back down to 7-9 and miss the playoffs for the next few years.

Let me help you out... you can pull out those 3 seasons over 20 years if you'd like, but since 1989, this team has played 307 games with a winning pct. of .57654723.

so, in just under 20 years, this team has won BARELY more than half it's games.

mediocre

adjective
1. moderate to inferior in quality; "they improved the quality from mediocre to above average"
2. lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best" [syn: average]
3. poor to middling in quality; "there have been good and mediocre and bad artists"

I've never called for anyone to be fired...ESPECIALLY the head coach. Unlike you, who wants to fire a coach we just got...and just in time for the third season...hypocrite.

If i was in charge of the team, I'd let as many young players play as i possibly could my first few years so they would show bigger dividends sooner. Which is what i've been saying the whole season, which is the same thing that you call "teaching your team to lose". It's actually teaching your team to play.

While my young team was gaining game experience, i'd be stock piling draft picks to go with the high picks i'd be recieving because of a couple rebuilding seasons with new QB and rookie and first year players.

While i was rebuilding my team, i'd look at my roster and see which players would be too far past their prime to depend on when my team DOES start their playoff runs. I don't care if they are super stars like Larry Johnson. In return, i'm stock piling more draft picks and young players who can contribute longer than a 28 yr old RB who could get injured quite easily because of his position.

Fans show up for wins, not super stars. If you look at the Patriots when they won their first Championship, they came out at the Super Bowl as a team. There weren't any Randy Mosses, Dante Stallworths, no one knew who Tom Brady was and their defense didn't have any "super stars" either. That team was compiled of really good players and played as a team.

Anyone know what they've done since?

I would let my team grow up together and gain expeirence as they become a great team together. When dealing with a franchise, you can't just look at THIS year. You have to put yourself in position for wins in the future. You need to ALWAYS be looking to help your team's future. That means you draft well and put those players on the field right now while you rebuild.

I'd evaluate each player individualy and only fire players like Ryan Sims who had plenty of opportunities to perform without doing so.

I wouldn't care what ignorant fans who have no patience say, I would put my head down and plow thru a couple difficult seasons. All those fans who'll be trashing us will be back after we're in the playoffs year after year.

The "any given Sunday" rule is around because you never know what's going to happen in a game. If you're a great team, you find ways and prepare to beat teams you should beat. We should've beaten the Bills, Broncos, and the Colts in the playoffs...but it didn't happen.

I promise my plan of sacrifice/reward for a franchise would kill anything you could think of.

sling58
11-13-2007, 08:09 PM
lol...if i were running a team, we'd be a perennial playoff contender, not a team who had an 8-8 record, then 13-3, then back down to 7-9 and miss the playoffs for the next few years.

Let me help you out... you can pull out those 3 seasons over 20 years if you'd like, but since 1989, this team has played 307 games with a winning pct. of .57654723.

mediocre

adjective
1. moderate to inferior in quality; "they improved the quality from mediocre to above average"
2. lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best" [syn: average]
3. poor to middling in quality; "there have been good and mediocre and bad artists"

I've never called for anyone to be fired...ESPECIALLY the head coach. Unlike you, who wants to fire a coach we just got...and just in time for the third season...hypocrite.

If i was in charge of the team, I'd let as many young players play as i possibly could my first few years so they would show bigger dividends sooner. Which is what i've been saying the whole season, which is the same thing that you call "teaching your team to lose". It's actually teaching your team to play.

While my young team was gaining game experience, i'd be stock piling draft picks to go with the high picks i'd be recieving because of a couple rebuilding seasons with new QB and rookie and first year players.

While i was rebuilding my team, i'd look at my roster and see which players would be too far past their prime to depend on when my team DOES start their playoff runs. I don't care if they are super stars like Larry Johnson. In return, i'm stock piling more draft picks and young players who can contribute longer than a 28 yr old RB who could get injured quite easily because of his position.

Fans show up for wins, not super stars. If you look at the Patriots when they won their first Championship, they came out at the Super Bowl as a team. There weren't any Randy Mosses, Dante Stallworths, no one knew who Tom Brady was and their defense didn't have any "super stars" either. That team was compiled of really good players and played as a team.

I would let my team grow up together and gain expeirence as they become a great team together. When dealing with a franchise, you can't just look at THIS year. You have to put yourself in position for wins in the future. You need to ALWAYS be looking to help your team's future. That means you draft well and put those players on the field right now while you rebuild.

I'd evaluate each player individualy and only fire players like Ryan Sims who had plenty of opportunities to perform without doing so.

I wouldn't care what ignorant fans who have no patience say, I would put my head down and plow thru a couple difficult seasons. All those fans who'll be trashing us will be back after we're in the playoffs year after year.

The "any given Sunday" rule is around because you never know what's going to happen in a game. If you're a great team, you find ways and prepare to beat teams you should beat. We should've beaten the Bills, Broncos, and the Colts in the playoffs...but it didn't happen.

I promise my plan of sacrifice/reward for a franchise would kill anything you could think of.

The Chiefs All-time Record is 383-334-12. That's an interesting fact.

On to the next one.

texaschief
11-13-2007, 08:24 PM
The Chiefs All-time Record is 383-334-12. That's an interesting fact.

On to the next one.

which is a .525377 winning pct...

sling58
11-13-2007, 08:37 PM
which is a .525377 winning pct...

I was just saying that's an interesting fact is all.

timsatt1
11-13-2007, 10:49 PM

mediocre

adjective

this post is irrelevant and stupid.

hermhater
11-13-2007, 10:52 PM

Thanks for pointing that out and making yourself about a grand in Arrowcash!

texaschief
11-14-2007, 12:44 AM

chief31
11-14-2007, 02:21 AM

Let me help you out...

With all of the words that you have posted here, you have never said anything that "helped me out". I find almost everything that you have ever said as erronous.

you can pull out those 3 seasons over 20 years if you'd like, but since 1989, this team has played 307 games with a winning pct. of .57654723.

So, then, above average, right? Even including the bad years, above average would still be the the way to term this.

mediocre

adjective

So then you are admitting a mistake here?

I don't have time to go digging for your posts that suggest the firing of Carl Peterson, but you know who you are. Besides, I am simply disgruntled at the fact that we ever hired Herm. And I would be thrilled to bring in a qualified head coach, like Bill Cowher.

If i was in charge of the team, I'd let as many young players play as i possibly could my first few years so they would show bigger dividends sooner.

Kind of like the Cleveland Browns? How many years has it taken them to reach the state of below average? Or maybe you would have us looking like the Houston Texans? They also like to collect high draft picks.

Which is what i've been saying the whole season, which is the same thing that you call "teaching your team to lose". It's actually teaching your team to play.

Exactly.

Again, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, San Francisco, Oakland. See what I dislike about your thinking yet?

Fans show up for wins, not super stars.

So you would likely be moving your team after a few terrible seasons?

If you look at the Patriots when they won their first Championship, they came out at the Super Bowl as a team. There weren't any Randy Mosses, Dante Stallworths, no one knew who Tom Brady was and their defense didn't have any "super stars" either. That team was compiled of really good players and played as a team.

Yeah. Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth.

I would let my team grow up together and gain expeirence as they become a great team together. When dealing with a franchise, you can't just look at THIS year.

I am looking directly at your teams future. You are creating a paper champion.

You have to put yourself in position for wins in the future. You need to ALWAYS be looking to help your team's future. That means you draft well and put those players on the field right now while you rebuild.

Or, like teaching children to ride a bike, you can do things like talk, explain what they need to do, and practice, help them by not just throwing them on the bike and shoving them off, or even showing, let them look at how it is done. Your "kids" in this scenario are going to get cut, bruised and very, very discouraged. There is a fair chance that they will quit on you.

But you would be gone by then.

Exactly. "Any given Sunday". The Steelers won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, from the six-seed.

Oh thank the heavens that you decided to promise me. Well, I'll go that route. I promise that your team would be a perrenial cellar-dwellar.

Just because you have a plan, most certainly does not mean that it would work.

But then I am certain that you would only draft the Peyton Mannings and Ladanian Tomlinsons with each pick. Obviously you would never get stuck with the Alex Smiths (Sorry Rbedgood) or the Lawrence Phillips' in any draft choices.

Obviously, none of YOUR drafted players would ever have major injuries either.

Get a grip.

Guru
11-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Oh thank the heavens that you decided to promise me. Well, I'll go that route. I promise that your team would be a perrenial cellar-dwellar.

But then I am certain that you would only draft the Peyton Mannings and Ladanian Tomlinsons with each pick. Obviously you would never get stuck with the Alex Smiths (Sorry Rbedgood) or the Lawrence Phillips' in any draft choices.

Get a grip.
I thought for certain that you would throw a Todd Blackledge comment in there.:lol:

hermhater
11-14-2007, 02:41 AM
This comment is to make sure this is on quick remind.

texaschief
11-14-2007, 04:00 AM

Get a grip.

You're right, I would fire Carl Peterson. He's had 20 years and done nothing...he's had his chance. and no, not ALL high draft picks would be great...which is why you get a bunch of them.

By the way, you're not the authority on Chiefs football and this plan wouldn't fail just because you say it would.

We've had the same crap here year in, year out. You can cherry pick teams with poor GMs like the Raiders, Browns, etc...but far more teams have won with a similar approach to mine than have failed.

But, since you're a moderator, you think you have the right to shoot down any opinion differing from yours...which, by the way, you have failed to present.

From what i've gathered from your posts, Bill Cower is your answer to everything wrong with the Chiefs.

So quit being a critic and present something better since everyone's wrong but you.

Guru
11-14-2007, 04:22 AM
More late night entertainment.

chief31
11-14-2007, 04:30 AM
You're right, I would fire Carl Peterson. He's had 20 years and done nothing...he's had his chance. and no, not ALL high draft picks would be great...which is why you get a bunch of them.

By the way, you're not the authority on Chiefs football and this plan wouldn't fail just because you say it would.

We've had the same crap here year in, year out. You can cherry pick teams with poor GMs like the Raiders, Browns, etc...but far more teams have won with a similar approach to mine than have failed.

But, since you're a moderator, you think you have the right to shoot down any opinion differing from yours...which, by the way, you have failed to present.

From what i've gathered from your posts, Bill Cower is your answer to everything wrong with the Chiefs.

So quit being a critic and present something better since everyone's wrong but you.

There ya go. Just give up and cry. Why is my guarantee any less valid than yours? I only made one, because you seemed to want to go that route. Now you just want to snivel about it?

Moderator or not, I feel extremely free to "shoot down" your opinions. The same way that you enjoy doing the same. Don't give me that "Mod abuse" crap. I have done nothing different with you lately, than I did before any moderator title.

As for "presenting something"... I did. Your plan is like the plans of every horrible franchise in the NFL, and you are trying to say that more of those teams succeed than not.

B.S.

You just said that you would need "a bunch" of those high first round draft picks. That's generally a bunch of losing seasons. Then, after you have trained the majority of them how to be amongst the worst teams in the NFL, you think you are just going to magically become a Super Bowl champion because you have a roster with alot of those high draft guys.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

texaschief
11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
There ya go. Just give up and cry. Why is my guarantee any less valid than yours? I only made one, because you seemed to want to go that route. Now you just want to snivel about it?

Moderator or not, I feel extremely free to "shoot down" your opinions. The same way that you enjoy doing the same. Don't give me that "Mod abuse" crap. I have done nothing different with you lately, than I did before any moderator title.

As for "presenting something"... I did. Your plan is like the plans of every horrible franchise in the NFL, and you are trying to say that more of those teams succeed than not.

B.S.

You just said that you would need "a bunch" of those high first round draft picks. That's generally a bunch of losing seasons. Then, after you have trained the majority of them how to be amongst the worst teams in the NFL, you think you are just going to magically become a Super Bowl champion because you have a roster with alot of those high draft guys.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

who said anything about giving up? If i'm so obviously wrong, i just figured it would be easy to straighten me out.

...again, waiting for you to present something better. saying my plan won't work isn't a plan.

as far as multiple high draft picks, you can get those other ways than just losing. for example, you could trade super stars in their prime such as LJ since his services would be wasted while we rebuilt. You could also trade good players and draft picks to move up in the draft. But of course, that's a revolutionary idea that has never, ever been done before, so i wouldn't expect you to consider it.

timsatt1
11-14-2007, 07:03 PM
who said anything about giving up? If i'm so obviously wrong, i just figured it would be easy to straighten me out.

...again, waiting for you to present something better. saying my plan won't work isn't a plan.

as far as multiple high draft picks, you can get those other ways than just losing. for example, you could trade super stars in their prime such as LJ since his services would be wasted while we rebuilt. You could also trade good players and draft picks to move up in the draft. But of course, that's a revolutionary idea that has never, ever been done before, so i wouldn't expect you to consider it.

since everyone else is too nice to say it to his face...you are a dumbarzz.

Do you not understand the business aspect of the NFL? That is how the league works...the business part of it. Without that, there are no teams, no stadiums, no revenue.

you want to get rid of the Chiefs #1 jersey seller for some high draft picks, then be bad for a couple years with no guarantee that those draft picks will turn into what you hoped for? HAHAHAH stick to fantasy football buddy.

the whole idea doesnt make sense. it just doesnt work that way with player contracts. It isnt as easy as you make it sound. If it was, every team would stick to "the plan."

You are simply misinformed on.....well, pretty much life itself.

Chiefster
11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
More late night entertainment.

Blazing Saddles on again?

texaschief
11-15-2007, 02:18 AM

Do you not understand the business aspect of the NFL? That is how the league works...the business part of it. Without that, there are no teams, no stadiums, no revenue.

you want to get rid of the Chiefs #1 jersey seller for some high draft picks, then be bad for a couple years with no guarantee that those draft picks will turn into what you hoped for? HAHAHAH stick to fantasy football buddy.

the whole idea doesnt make sense. it just doesnt work that way with player contracts. It isnt as easy as you make it sound. If it was, every team would stick to "the plan."

yes, you drop your #1 jersey seller for more 1st round draft picks. The people who want to buy jerseys don't buy them because of Larry Johnson. They buy them because they are Chiefs fans and he is their favorite player. There are 51 other players they could choose from if Larry wasn't there. I've never gone out and bought a Derrick Thomas jersey because he was a good player. i bought one because i wanted a jersey and he was my favorite player.

These ppl who want Jerseys will buy Allen, Hali, D. Johnson, Law, ect... you won't dip in jersey sales, you'd just have a different top jersey seller.

Get a clue...dumbass

What's to say those high draft picks HAVE to be busts? That's where scouting comes in...preferrably those who weren't on the Dick Vermeil staff.

That's the problem with the Chiefs franchise. they're too worried about jersey sales than winning a ring and you're just feeding the beast.

This season would've been the best season to do it. You had a new head coach who just took the team to the playoffs and the honeymoon hadn't ended yet. If Herm and CP had the balls to just come right out and say "we're rebuilding for a year or two", the Chiefs as a business franchise would've been able to take the hit.

Arrowhead has sold out how many consecutive games again? How much money is the local government allocating to restore Arrowhead? The franchise is rooted deeply in Kansas City and isn't going anywhere. One of the reasons CP still has his job is the fact that Chiefs fans are so loyal, so don't give me this "business side" bull****. The franchise isn't going anywhere.

If Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, New England, Tampa Bay, Cincinnatti, Buffalo, Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, Washington, and St. Louis could hold on to their franchises after DECADES of awful, losing seasons, i think the Chiefs could handle a couple of rebuilding years.

If anyone needs to stick to fantasy football with super stars and losing teams, it's you jackass. :iamwithstupid:

hermhater
11-15-2007, 02:23 AM

yes, you drop your #1 jersey seller for more 1st round draft picks. The people who want to buy jerseys don't buy them because of Larry Johnson. They buy them because they are Chiefs fans and he is their favorite player. There are 51 other players they could choose from if Larry wasn't there. I've never gone out and bought a Derrick Thomas jersey because he was a good player. i bought one because i wanted a jersey and he was my favorite player.

These ppl who want Jerseys will buy Allen, Hali, D. Johnson, Law, ect... you won't dip in jersey sales, you'd just have a different top jersey seller.

Get a clue...dumbass

What's to say those high draft picks HAVE to be busts? That's where scouting comes in...preferrably those who weren't on the Dick Vermeil staff.

That's the problem with the Chiefs franchise. they're too worried about jersey sales than winning a ring and you're just feeding the beast.

This season would've been the best season to do it. You had a new head coach who just took the team to the playoffs and the honeymoon hadn't ended yet. If Herm and CP had the balls to just come right out and say "we're rebuilding for a year or two", the Chiefs as a business franchise would've been able to take the hit.

Arrowhead has sold out how many consecutive games again? How much money is the local government allocating to restore Arrowhead? The franchise is rooted deeply in Kansas City and isn't going anywhere. One of the reasons CP still has his job is the fact that Chiefs fans are so loyal, so don't give me this "business side" bull****. The franchise isn't going anywhere.

If Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, New England, Tampa Bay, Cincinnatti, Buffalo, Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, Washington, and St. Louis could hold on to their franchises after DECADES of awful, losing seasons, i think the Chiefs could handle a couple of rebuilding years.

If anyone needs to stick to fantasy football with super stars and losing teams, it's you jackass. :iamwithstupid:

There are so many freaking things I agree and disagree with here that I can't even think of a response, except to get red in the face and lose my religion.

I'll let someone else do it until I regain my composure.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/142.jpg

I am at peace.

McLovin
11-15-2007, 08:57 AM

Get a clue...dumbass

Ohhhh and how those Eddie Drummond Jerseys are flying off the shelves.

sling58
11-15-2007, 01:54 PM

Get a clue...dumbass

Dude there is no reason to call people names just cause they don't agree with you. That's not what this site is about.

texaschief
11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Dude there is no reason to call people names just cause they don't agree with you. That's not what this site is about.

so, you don't defend yourself when someone calls you a name? but thanks for your .02. :sign0098:

sling58
11-15-2007, 07:52 PM
so, you don't defend yourself when someone calls you a name? but thanks for your .02. :sign0098:

Yeah I do defned myself but I don't call someone a dumb***. Why can't people just agree to disagree. It seems like lately some people on this site thing we are in the second grade on the play ground.

"Your a poopiehead"
"No, your a poopiehead!"

It's crazy. This is the reason why I don't post as much as I did. I have started to feel that just because I don't agree with EVERY single post then I will be called a "poopiehead" and then it will start something else.

There are a lot of people on here. We won't always agree, so let's just agree to disagree and act our age and stop the name calling.

Ok my rant might be over.......

texaschief
11-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah I do defned myself but I don't call someone a dumb***. Why can't people just agree to disagree. It seems like lately some people on this site thing we are in the second grade on the play ground.

"Your a poopiehead"
"No, your a poopiehead!"

It's crazy. This is the reason why I don't post as much as I did. I have started to feel that just because I don't agree with EVERY single post then I will be called a "poopiehead" and then it will start something else.

There are a lot of people on here. We won't always agree, so let's just agree to disagree and act our age and stop the name calling.

Ok my rant might be over.......

lol...ok sling, i guess i'm just a bad guy.

sling58
11-15-2007, 09:24 PM
lol...ok sling, i guess i'm just a bad guy.

Not saying you are a bad guy, just saying that maybe we all need to agrre to disagree. I remember when I firsto got on this site there was nothing but adult conversations about a team that we all love. Now, it has turned into a name calling insult laden spitting match. Maybe due to the fact that our boys are struggling have made us all an little edgy, but we are all Chiefs fans and during this time of our beloved Chiefs doing bad maybe we should stop fighting amongst ourselves and just root for the team.

We all have our opinions of what this team should be. That's the great thing about having freedom of speech, we can think what we want. Let's just all get along on here, this fighting amongst ourselves need to stop. We have forgotten why we are here, TO TALK CHIEFS!! So let's Talk CHIEFS and leave the name calling and fighting to faders fans and second graders.

Who's with me?

hermhater
11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Not saying you are a bad guy, just saying that maybe we all need to agrre to disagree. I remember when I firsto got on this site there was nothing but adult conversations about a team that we all love. Now, it has turned into a name calling insult laden spitting match. Maybe due to the fact that our boys are struggling have made us all an little edgy, but we are all Chiefs fans and during this time of our beloved Chiefs doing bad maybe we should stop fighting amongst ourselves and just root for the team.

We all have our opinions of what this team should be. That's the great thing about having freedom of speech, we can think what we want. Let's just all get along on here, this fighting amongst ourselves need to stop. We have forgotten why we are here, TO TALK CHIEFS!! So let's Talk CHIEFS and leave the name calling and fighting to faders fans and second graders.

Who's with me?

I'm down with cutting out the name calling, but if we all just got along it would be pretty boring here, if you ask me.

I say argue away folks so I can witness the stupidity!

Chiefster
11-15-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm down with cutting out the name calling, but if we all just got along it would be pretty boring here, if you ask me.

I say argue away folks so I can witness the stupidity!

There's nothing wrong with varying points of view in respectful disagreement.

greg3564
11-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Indianapolis stole their team from Baltimore, New Orleans is afraid to talk about moving again because of the Katrina PR issues and St. Louis DID loose a team in the Cardinals. I would never think the Chiefs would leave, but I bet the Colts, Oilers, Raiders(both Oakland and L.A.), Rams and Cardinals fans probably all thought the same thing. Stranger things have happened.

hermhater
11-15-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't get it man. Are you arguing with yourself now?

j/k

sling58
11-15-2007, 09:46 PM
There's nothing wrong with varying points of view in respectful disagreement.

I can handle respectful disagreements but there is a difference between respectful disagreements and just plain fighting just because you are not agreed with.

timsatt1
11-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Indianapolis stole their team from Baltimore, New Orleans is afraid to talk about moving again because of the Katrina PR issues and St. Louis DID loose a team in the Cardinals. I would never think the Chiefs would leave, but I bet the Colts, Oilers, Raiders(both Oakland and L.A.), Rams and Cardinals fans probably all thought the same thing. Stranger things have happened.

ok i can tell you two reasons why the chiefs are not going to leave or why we should even think that they would think of leaving....

...we have the nfl record for sellouts, best fan atmosphere in the nfl.

...the royals have sucked for 2 decades now...and i mean SUCKED and they are miraculously still here!

timsatt1
11-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I can handle respectful disagreements but there is a difference between respectful disagreements and just plain fighting just because you are not agreed with.

...and sometimes peoples comments are so far off outragous that you cannot help but be mad :)

...i wont give any examples.

hermhater
11-15-2007, 11:22 PM
ok i can tell you two reasons why the chiefs are not going to leave or why we should even think that they would think of leaving....

...we have the nfl record for sellouts, best fan atmosphere in the nfl.

...the royals have sucked for 2 decades now...and i mean SUCKED and they are miraculously still here!

Yeah you guys can thank all us tax payers in Jackson County, Mo for all that.

Those guys over the state line get off scott free and get to enjoy all the benefits of Arrowhead and Kaufmann stadiums because we won't let them go!

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
11-15-2007, 11:23 PM
...and sometimes peoples comments are so far off outragous that you cannot help but be mad :)

...i wont give any examples.

Give examples please.

Try to keep the name calling out of it.

This site would be boring without the arguing guy.

chief31
11-15-2007, 11:43 PM

It was defenitely a reaction to having been called a name himself.

hermhater
11-16-2007, 01:21 AM
:bananen_smilies046:

YouTube - Why can't we all just get along?

Hah! :lol:

texaschief
11-16-2007, 01:41 AM
ALRIGHT!!!!

IT'S GETTING WAY TOO "CALIFORNIA LIBERAL" IN HERE!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE START SMOKING, SPANKING THEIR KIDS AND TALKIN CRAP TO ME AGAIN...or go change your pad.

i hate coombuya crap.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE "HARDCORE" CHIEFS DISCUSSION. IT DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE LIKE WE'RE TALKING TO OUR GRANDMOTHERS.

While cursing and name calling isn't great behavior, I've been called worse than a "dumbarrz." By the way Timsatt1, you didn't need to appologize to me. I'm an adult, i'll be fine. I hope you're doing ok as well.

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

So, now that we've hit the reset button, can we get back to football and why my ideas are horrible...please? :D

hermhater
11-16-2007, 01:56 AM
ALRIGHT!!!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE START SMOKING, SPANKING THEIR KIDS AND TALKIN CRAP TO ME AGAIN...or go change your pad.

i hate coombuya crap.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE "HARDCORE" CHIEFS DISCUSSION. IT DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE LIKE WE'RE TALKING TO OUR GRANDMOTHERS.

While cursing and name calling isn't great behavior, I've been called worse than a "dumbarrz." By the way Timsatt1, you didn't need to appologize to me. I'm an adult, i'll be fine. I hope you're doing ok as well.

So, now that we've hit the reset button, can we get back to football and why my ideas are horrible...please? :D

I am SMOKIN' already and am about to spank YOU kid!

Cursing and name calling doesn't promote great conversations but it does give a punch to a conversation!!!

I have wanted to put in Croyle all season, hell I wanted him in last season, but it didn't happen!

I ***** about what I see/hear HERM do/say every freakin' week, but it doesn't change anything!

The situation has gotten so bad that HERM has HAD to do something about it. If this ain't a rebuilding season then he has to win games.

This crap about a "SPARK" is getting on my nerves. We need full f@rking flame to burn the opponents.

Huard is a great guy and I am happy to have him as our BACKUP but I want to see Brodie's f@rking laser, rocket arm from the beginning of the game, not just when we are trying to catch up and the defense knows we are gonna throw!

I think your plan for rebuilding the Chiefs is pretty bad because of the coaches we have now.

You say great things but you act like it ain't gonna happen because YOU said it.

It ain't just you man, we have all been suffering through this crappy coaching with you!!!!

Go argue that man because you HATE the Chiefs and want them to lose!!!!

:sign0103::beer::lol:

texaschief
11-16-2007, 04:32 AM
ok, i think i'm misunderstood on this point. I DO NOT want the Chiefs to lose. I want their young players to get growing time and experience ON THE FIELD.

Now, IF that means sacrificing wins to allow these kids to play, then so be it. I for one, would be willing to let them grow for a couple years. It's not like i'm advocating the players to go out and lose so we could get high draft picks. Who knows, the young guys might make up for their inexperience with athletic ability...ahem CB/QB.

If we had done that this year, Brodie would either:

A) Played better than Huard=more wins/established himself as the future QB
B) Played the same as Huard=same wins/gained a full season of experience to take into next year
C) Played worse than Huard=less wins/gained a full season of experience to take into next year while the team aquires a high draft position.

Just because we would have a poor record and a high draft position going into the offseason doesn't necessarily make the Chiefs a "bad team." Just a "young team." With the defense the Chiefs have built, we won't be a horrible team for a while. Then, if we were to go into the offseason and add some offensive talent thru Free Agency and the draft, this team could have a chance to BOOM next season.

The realists on this board and even those who knew football...deep down understood this team wasn't a title contending team and should've been in "rebuilding" mode all season. The reason (I believe) we weren't in that mode is because CP knows he's on the hot seat and wanted the QB who gave him the "best chance to win now", on the field; which we now know was Huard in their minds. Even watching HARD KNOCKS, you could tell that Herm Edwards and Dick Curl wanted to go with Brodie. Even THEY were saying "at some point you gotta take the plunge with the young guy." Starting Huard was Carl's choice. "Let's not get it twisted now." (for you hermhater):lol:

This franchise would have more of an idea of where it was headed had Croyle started all season.

Again, allowing your young players to play isn't teaching your players to lose. Allowing your first and second year players to get game experience allows you to evaluate talent for next season. Then, going into the draft, you have a much better picture of what you need to do to be a contender that offseason.

I believe rebuilding seasons should happen once a decade or decade and a half, depending on how good your team is and how much time your super stars and team leaders have left in the tank; Kinda like hitting the reset button. At some point, you have to replace your team leaders like QB and MLB...and guess which position is a question mark right now...lol.

A little off topic, but i was one of the guys suggesting an LJ trade before, during, and after the draft, before the season started and during the season. In retrospect, a trade that would've benefit both teams would've been to send LJ to Green Bay for maybe a couple mid-round draft picks and Aaron Rogers (at the very least). Doesn't look like Favre is going anywhere anytime soon. Rogers has been sitting behind Favre for a couple seasons and watching one of the best of all time as a mentor. I have a feeling he's gonna be really good.

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 06:39 AM
ALRIGHT!!!!

i hate coombuya crap.

:funnypost:

Notwithstanding it is in the rules to be respectful here; there are other sites that will rough you up if that's what you're into. :D

hermhater
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM

Notwithstanding it is in the rules to be respectful here; there are other sites that will rough you up if that's what you're into. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
11-16-2007, 03:31 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: umm...

timsatt1
11-16-2007, 05:36 PM
ALRIGHT!!!!

i hate coombuya crap.

haha good stuff. I think we would get along well on a political message board.

timsatt1
11-16-2007, 05:40 PM
ok, i think i'm misunderstood on this point. I DO NOT want the Chiefs to lose. I want their young players to get growing time and experience ON THE FIELD.

Now, IF that means sacrificing wins to allow these kids to play, then so be it. I for one, would be willing to let them grow for a couple years. It's not like i'm advocating the players to go out and lose so we could get high draft picks. Who knows, the young guys might make up for their inexperience with athletic ability...ahem CB/QB.

If we had done that this year, Brodie would either:

A) Played better than Huard=more wins/established himself as the future QB
B) Played the same as Huard=same wins/gained a full season of experience to take into next year
C) Played worse than Huard=less wins/gained a full season of experience to take into next year while the team aquires a high draft position.

Just because we would have a poor record and a high draft position going into the offseason doesn't necessarily make the Chiefs a "bad team." Just a "young team." With the defense the Chiefs have built, we won't be a horrible team for a while. Then, if we were to go into the offseason and add some offensive talent thru Free Agency and the draft, this team could have a chance to BOOM next season.

The realists on this board and even those who knew football...deep down understood this team wasn't a title contending team and should've been in "rebuilding" mode all season. The reason (I believe) we weren't in that mode is because CP knows he's on the hot seat and wanted the QB who gave him the "best chance to win now", on the field; which we now know was Huard in their minds. Even watching HARD KNOCKS, you could tell that Herm Edwards and Dick Curl wanted to go with Brodie. Even THEY were saying "at some point you gotta take the plunge with the young guy." Starting Huard was Carl's choice. "Let's not get it twisted now." (for you hermhater):lol:

This franchise would have more of an idea of where it was headed had Croyle started all season.

Again, allowing your young players to play isn't teaching your players to lose. Allowing your first and second year players to get game experience allows you to evaluate talent for next season. Then, going into the draft, you have a much better picture of what you need to do to be a contender that offseason.

I believe rebuilding seasons should happen once a decade or decade and a half, depending on how good your team is and how much time your super stars and team leaders have left in the tank; Kinda like hitting the reset button. At some point, you have to replace your team leaders like QB and MLB...and guess which position is a question mark right now...lol.

A little off topic, but i was one of the guys suggesting an LJ trade before, during, and after the draft, before the season started and during the season. In retrospect, a trade that would've benefit both teams would've been to send LJ to Green Bay for maybe a couple mid-round draft picks and Aaron Rogers (at the very least). Doesn't look like Favre is going anywhere anytime soon. Rogers has been sitting behind Favre for a couple seasons and watching one of the best of all time as a mentor. I have a feeling he's gonna be really good.

an lj trade BEFORE his new contract would have been wonderful...

...now that he has the big contract, WE ARE STUCK! we completely kicked our own arzes by signing him for all that money. That move will haunt the chiefs for a while. That KILLED US!

chief31
12-17-2007, 07:42 AM
This thread wasn't closed. timsatt1 had posted here, perhaps making it less desirable to reply. :D