PDA

View Full Version : Post game Vs Jags

matthewschiefs
10-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Normally I start with the good. Today I'm going to start with the negative

Discipline WAY to many late hit and unsportsmanlike flags today. WAY to many. These are the types of things that can get you beat. You have to play with discipline That was unacceptable.

Hey look it wasn't a Bob Sutton Rant

Other things were that Mahomes finally showed that he's a very young QB. A couple of picks that were not the best of throws. They were going to happen at some point. And lucky for us it wasn't a close game that it would come back to haunt us.

Now the good.

Let me start with you Mr. Bob Sutton. A huge tip of the cap to you sir. The Jags are not known for their offense so there are going to be some skeptics still. But this D must show up next week. If this D shows up next week then we will really have something good going for us. Lets get it done next week Mr.Sutton make me a believer in you sir.

The offense wasn't great but they kept the game in control. They moved the ball really well had some miscues that didn't help but still they controlled the game throughout against the best defense in the league. You might be able to kind of slow down this offense but you are not going to stop them. This is something that we have not been able to say in the past few years.

I didn't expect to control this game as much as we did today. Next week is huge. Going into next week we can really take a HUGE step into getting the number 1 seed in the AFC If we can come up with a win we would have tie breakers against Pit,Jax,NE. Next week is a HUGE GAME LETS GET IT DONE. On to The Pats. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Chiefs4life24
10-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Duvernay Tardif has a fractured Tibula but wont miss the whole season Reid says

Eydugstr
10-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Another really good game. Jacksonville is a good team.

Our D did make some improvement, but we've got a ways to go. Tackling and coverage was better but there were way too many times our linebackers looked like they were trying to sort out their assignments during Bortles' snap count. Tackling was better but I'm very thankful that we were able to get a good lead on them, to the point where they had to go to their pass game.

Offensively we did really good. The pass Mahomes made to Sherman was incredible. We've got a really dominant offense. Even the screen passes worked today.

The thing that bothered me from this game the most was the ejections. It's understandable if they're ticked off, or full of emotion or if the other team hit them and got away with it, but they are valuable to be losing them from stupid crud like this. My hope is that the league decides to hand out fines instead of suspensions come Tuesday morning.

Very happy to be 5-0.

Chiefs4life24
10-07-2018, 10:59 PM
I doubt Jones gets away with just a fine since he threw a punch at the player, he'll be lucky if he isnt suspended for more than 1 game

Eydugstr
10-07-2018, 11:32 PM
I doubt Jones gets away with just a fine since he threw a punch at the player, he'll be lucky if he isnt suspended for more than 1 game

Would have to agree. It was a dumb move on Jones' part.

Chiefster
10-08-2018, 01:04 AM
Normally I start with the good. Today I'm going to start with the negative

Discipline WAY to many late hit and unsportsmanlike flags today. WAY to many. These are the types of things that can get you beat. You have to play with discipline That was unacceptable.

Absolutely! Very disappointing; hopefully this gets addressed and corrected.

I'm very happy about the win and the improved defensive play (although we still gave up over 500 yards of total offense), but there is no excuse for the lack of discipline.

brdempsey69
10-08-2018, 02:05 AM
Too many players got dinged. Great win, but the cost was HIGH.