PDA

View Full Version : Post game Vs Donkeys 7 wins in a row vs Denver

matthewschiefs
10-28-2018, 04:30 PM
This game had a lot to like and a lot to not like on both sides of the ball. But anytime you beat a division rival for the 7th time in a row is a GREAT win.

Offense. The offense was not at their best today. They missed a few chances. They had some protection issues. Mahomes made some young QB mistakes. (Something I think we all knew was going to happen this year) There are things that they have to get worked out for sure from this game. But here's the great news with that. Even with all of that the offense still put up 30 points. There have been "good days" for our offense in the past few years that did not end up with us getting 30 points. Now even on an off day we can get there. That will keep us in just about every game this year. And may have to a lot of weeks. Next week they are going to be facing a solid D. The Browns are decent on defense. So they will have some test next week.

A couple of shoutouts to Watkins and Hunt. They were huge for the offense today. ON a day that Kelce and Hill were not as much as a factor as they normally are that's what you need. Isn't it amazing to have an offense that has some depth to do and not be so reliant on one or two guys. I love it myself

Defense. There's a lot of this game that makes me want to go on one of my full Bob Sutton rants. The Run D is the biggest worry (AGAIN) But I'm not going to do that. The D despite doing a lot to hurt us also did a LOT to help come up with this win. Coming up with a couple of major turnovers. Or getting a timely sack that helped end a Denver drive. They did their fair share to get the win today. And that can not be overlooked. But like the offense, there is a lot to be concerned about. Anytime you let Case Keenum go down the field in less than a minute you need to get some things worked on. That just can't happen. But it was better today then it was at the start of the year. And we were even missing Houston. So you also have to take that into account. But they HAVE to get this run d figured out. It is a must. That has and will cost you in the playoffs. I really don't want to see that happen to us yet again.

It was also kind of nice to be on the other side of a coach not managing the clock. We have seen that happen to us at times. But never to that level. Denver is not just missing a QB. They are also in need of a coaching upgrade. Lets hope they never find it :)

Overall this wasn't the Chiefs best game. But you have to expect a very tight game from a division rival that's just common. And getting 7 wins in a row against Denver is Very enjoyable. Now on to next week. The Browns are not great but we can't overlook them. LETS GET IT DONE. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TopekaRoy
10-28-2018, 05:29 PM
"The offense was not at their best today."

No, they were not. But it hardly mattered.

This is how spoiled we have become in a very short time: At halftime the Offense was on pace to score 32 points. Mahomes was on pace to go 26-34 for 350 yards and it felt like they were really struggling. Those are very good numbers! This Offense is so good that I forgot until last night that Jeremy Maclin was still on the team! Although I don't think he has lived up to expectations since joining the Chiefs he is very fast and a good receiver. Most offenses would be in big trouble to lose a talent like him, but for us it's "Jeremy who? Oh, yeah. I remember him."

Let's also not forget that 5 of our 10 offensive linemen missed the game today with injuries. Our starting center is out. Our back-up center is out. That is the most important position on the O line. Who played Center today? I didn't even notice. And yet, Mahomes is 8-1 in his first 9 NFL starts! This is a historically great offense, even with all the problems. Try not to forget that when you are cursing out the defense for giving up another long rushing gain. Enjoy these offensive superstars while we can still afford to keep them all together. It's not going to be around forever.

NJChiefs
10-28-2018, 05:54 PM
Hill, Hitchens and Zombo. Ouch. How much more bleeding can we survive this early in the season? Time for some of the “day to day” paper tigers to get back on the field already. Another great win but costly.

matthewschiefs
10-28-2018, 06:43 PM
"The offense was not at their best today."

No, they were not. But it hardly mattered.

This is how spoiled we have become in a very short time: At halftime the Offense was on pace to score 32 points. Mahomes was on pace to go 26-34 for 350 yards and it felt like they were really struggling. Those are very good numbers! This Offense is so good that I forgot until last night that Jeremy Maclin was still on the team! Although I don't think he has lived up to expectations since joining the Chiefs he is very fast and a good receiver. Most offenses would be in big trouble to lose a talent like him, but for us it's "Jeremy who? Oh, yeah. I remember him."

Let's also not forget that 5 of our 10 offensive linemen missed the game today with injuries. Our starting center is out. Our back-up center is out. That is the most important position on the O line. Who played Center today? I didn't even notice. And yet, Mahomes is 8-1 in his first 9 NFL starts! This is a historically great offense, even with all the problems. Try not to forget that when you are cursing out the defense for giving up another long rushing gain. Enjoy these offensive superstars while we can still afford to keep them all together. It's not going to be around forever.

I can go further back then Maclin. We use to be D Bowe or bust on offense. I yelled for years about instead of getting rid of QB X we needed to BUILD an offense. We have done that and are seeing the rewards

Eydugstr
10-28-2018, 09:34 PM
Today we were really spoiled to have Sammy Watkins on our team. The Donkeys had no answer whatsoever for him. Far as I'm concerned the game ball should go to him because he was the one that started taking some of the defensive heat off of Hill, Kelce and Hunt. Watkins did a great job and the Broncos got spanked (again).

Our D is beyond Eric Berry fixing. Not sure how bad Hitchens is injured but losing him will not help matters at all. It sucks but I don't see anything changing until next offseason.