PDA

View Full Version : Where is everybody?

NJChiefs
11-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Why isn’t this forum exploding with activity, given that this is the most exciting season for the Chiefs ever? Is it the format? The main discussion section is inundated with web news articles that nobody replies to, obscuring the actual discussion threads started by members. Is it that the Crowd activity has shifted to Facebook? Just curious.

Seek
11-03-2018, 01:08 PM
What's facebook?

brdempsey69
11-03-2018, 01:42 PM
It does seem like there is only a handful posting nowadays. Even the game day thread has only a handful of people.

But, you are right, this is a very exciting season. Especially since the Chiefs have FINALLY struck gold with a drafted QB choice.

NJChiefs
11-03-2018, 01:53 PM
You mean the boards weren’t buzzing the year after Todd Blackledge was drafted?

brdempsey69
11-03-2018, 02:01 PM

Well, of course, nobody had internet at that time. And, of course Blackledge didn't pan out. But, I do know these boards were buzzing during the abyssmal years from 2007 -- 2012.

brdempsey69
11-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Another thing I've noticed is there is no discussion here about the status of Eric Berry. What is really going on with him? Will he ever play again? Some are accusing him of being a DIVA and milking the situation. Some say he's done for good and will not play a single snap this season.

I'll say this, if Berry doesn't play this season, then hopefully the Chiefs will reach an injury settlement with him & he'll announce his retirement, and give the Chiefs some cap relief going into 2019.

Chiefs4life24
11-03-2018, 03:59 PM
I hope we can reach CB Greey Williams in the Draft next year, even if we have to trade up to do it into the top 10 he is very good in the press and man coverage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJqwdk09JQ

Eydugstr
11-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Why isn’t this forum exploding with activity, given that this is the most exciting season for the Chiefs ever? Is it the format? The main discussion section is inundated with web news articles that nobody replies to, obscuring the actual discussion threads started by members. Is it that the Crowd activity has shifted to Facebook? Just curious.

Usually the big draw is m/c's postgame thread, so definitely check in during game time and after the game is done. Draft time is also a lot of traffic here, too.

IMO if it seems a little dead in here, it's simply because we have less to complain about than we did during the Herm Edwards and Scott Pioli years, when disaster was just a coach hire, draft pick, or season game away.

Eydugstr
11-03-2018, 09:21 PM

YES. In 1983, everyone was so excited they ran out and bought TRS-80's, hooked up old style phones into modems that looked more like footwear gauges than anything...and then complained that the Chiefs could've drafted Dan Marino, which overloaded the modems, so Chiefs fans just unplugged and called up their buddies saying "What the ... !?!?"

Eydugstr
11-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Another thing I've noticed is there is no discussion here about the status of Eric Berry. What is really going on with him? Will he ever play again? Some are accusing him of being a DIVA and milking the situation. Some say he's done for good and will not play a single snap this season.

I'll say this, if Berry doesn't play this season, then hopefully the Chiefs will reach an injury settlement with him & he'll announce his retirement, and give the Chiefs some cap relief going into 2019.

That's a good question. Saw the story that Justin Houston was questionable, but not a word about Berry.

NJChiefs
11-03-2018, 10:27 PM
The status of Berry is the one gripe I have as a fan in this otherwise miraculous year. The absolute lack of transparency irritates the tick out of me. Reid should be more forthcoming on this issue. To be listed as day to day for over two months is a joke and a mockery.

NJChiefs
11-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Another thought. Ctchiefsfan was a significant portion of the volume and the enthusiasm on these boards in recent years. He is surely missed here, and it’s sad that he can’t be enjoying this great season with us.

brdempsey69
11-04-2018, 01:27 AM
Another thought. Ctchiefsfan was a significant portion of the volume and the enthusiasm on these boards in recent years. He is surely missed here, and it’s sad that he can’t be enjoying this great season with us.

My sentiments exactly. We still don't know what really happened to him.

Justin5772002
11-04-2018, 05:04 PM
I’m sorry I’m not on here much. Have to use my IPhone as a hotspot to get on the computer and try to stream the games. More time that not I have to wait for game to load I’m way behind from everything you all are posting and I’m always playing catch-up. Important games I go out and watch at a local sports bar. Anytime I try to open my phone to post something my stream freezes so I just let it play.