PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Vs Cards. Yes I'm going to talk Bob Sutton

matthewschiefs
11-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Another W in the books. And now we get ready for a huge test.

Going to do some things differently today. And start with the D.

Mr.Sutton. Hell of a job this week. I give you a huge tip of the cap. The D was a huge reason that we won that game. They, when the offense wasn't having their best game, stepped it up. Getting some big turnovers. Some big sacks. That's a job well done. The one thing I will say is I really hope Sutton was paying attention. That's what bringing heat can do and I really hope we dial up a lot of it next week. We are going to need it. But for this week I give the defense a big tip of the cap. If we get that every week this team is going to be a real threat to win that big game in February. I will feel better about that if we see a repeat of this next week against a top level team.

Offense. This was for sure not the best that we saw them play. This sorta was a game that in a lot of ways we would have seen last year. The O line hasn't been horrible this year by any means but today WOW they just have to be better than that. Way too many sacks allowed. One of them I will say was more on Mahomes for holding onto the ball for too long. But they just have to play better. That effort is going to get Mahomes hurt.

I have not been nearly as vocal about the playcalling this year. But we saw a lot of those things that we saw way too much of last year today. Throwing the ball sideways as much as we did just isn't going to work. Some of that might have been due to the poor line play and feeling they had to get the ball out quick and I get that. But man I hope that we are not going to be reverting back to that offense. I'll give them a bit of a break today. But Come on man a screen on 3rd and 16? REALLY?

Another thing that is starting to stick out with the coaching is all the flags they have been getting. That has to change. Those are the things that are going to lose a playoff game. It's been going on for a while now and it has to stop. GET IT TOGETHER GUYS.

We have been in a softer part of the schedule the last few weeks for sure. But that ends next Monday night. We got some help from the Titans today in going for that number 1 seed. But the Chargers are still right there with us. We really need to win next week. But for now, 9-1 feels good. Bring on the Rams lets find a way to win that game GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefs4life24
11-11-2018, 04:23 PM
The only 4 Games left that are Must wins for us are the Rams, Chargers, Ravens and Seahawks we must win out to keep ahead of New England, as far as the Chargers go it looks like were just gonna have to squash that bird ourselves. The Ravens have a very good defense. If I had to rank the four i would put the Rams 1, Chargers 2, Ravens 3 and the Seahawks 4 each are gonna be tough and were gonna have to play a lot better on offense than we did today to beat each of these teams. Because IMO the Rams and Chargers it's gonna take in the high 30's to beat both of them.

matthewschiefs
11-11-2018, 05:24 PM
The only 4 Games left that are Must wins for us are the Rams, Chargers, Ravens and Seahawks we must win out to keep ahead of New England, as far as the Chargers go it looks like were just gonna have to squash that bird ourselves. The Ravens have a very good defense. If I had to rank the four i would put the Rams 1, Chargers 2, Ravens 3 and the Seahawks 4 each are gonna be tough and were gonna have to play a lot better on offense than we did today to beat each of these teams. Because IMO the Rams and Chargers it's gonna take in the high 30's to beat both of them.

I think the Chargers are the biggest must win for us. That is the biggest game of the year that we have left

NJChiefs
11-11-2018, 08:37 PM
Yes. The Chargers game is by far a more important game than the Rams game. The Rams game may be meaningless, even if we beat them, if we lose to the Chargers. If we beat the Chargers we are Super Bowl bound.

Eydugstr
11-11-2018, 11:42 PM
Very glad we won, and very glad to post another winning season in the books. That's five years in a row with at least nine wins every season.

Going into today's game didn't really expect much. Figured it might have been a little "vanilla" play-calling wise, given it was the Cardinals. Was very impressed with our RB's, Hunt and Ware both had some amazing runs.

brdempsey69
11-12-2018, 01:26 AM
Too many people thought this was going to be a cakewalk game, just because the Donks had beaten the Cards 45-10 three weeks ago. That Donkeys win was a FLUKE. The Cards had a bye week coming into this game & were much better prepared than when they lost to the Donks.

The O-Line must play better -- especially Eric Fisher, as there were too many bad plays by him -- if this team wants to go to the SB and win it. The play calling didn't help them, i.e. that 1st and goal from the 8 yard line, I thought a running play would be called to try to keep the Cards honest, but instead they called a pass and the Cards guessed right and sacked Mahomes.

Too many penalties at the wrong time, as well. The Cards shouldn't have had that 2nd TD and instead been forced to try a FG.

Chiefs4life24
11-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Dont xpect a defensive battle with the Rams this game is gonna be a track meet, its gonna be who can score the most points