PDA

View Full Version : Pregame Rams talk

matthewschiefs
11-13-2018, 11:36 AM
There's a ton of worry about the field itself. But let's talk about the match-up itself.

This is one of the biggest tests that we have left. The Rams are among the favorites to win it all.

To me, the biggest thing for a Chiefs win is going to have to be stopping the run for a change. If the Rams get Gurley going all night then not only will the Rams be putting up the points they will be keeping Mahomes and the Chiefs offense on the sideline. That just can't happen if the Chiefs want to get the win. They have to have the run D step it up to have any shot to win the game. That's the biggest thing for this game IMO.

The Rams D was supposed to be one of the best in the league. But it just hasn't worked out that way. In fact, they haven't been much better than our defense as of late. The Chiefs offense, if they are on top of their game, will be able to put points on the board. But they can't have all the penalties that they have been having the past few weeks.

After a bit of a soft stretch of the season, it's right back into the fire this week. The Chiefs CAN win this game. But they have to bring their A-game this week. STOP the run and I think that the Chiefs will walk out with the win. I just hope that the field doesn't lead to any injuries for either team.

brdempsey69
11-13-2018, 12:35 PM
This could be the game where having both Houston and Sorensen back on the field could make the difference.

But, speaking of that field, the condition of it is totally unsatisfactory. Both teams are headed into the bye-week & in my judgement, this game should be cancelled and just played in L.A. the next week.

Seek
11-13-2018, 01:16 PM
This could be the game where having both Houston and Sorensen back on the field could make the difference.

But, speaking of that field, the condition of it is totally unsatisfactory. Both teams are headed into the bye-week & in my judgement, this game should be cancelled and just played in L.A. the next week.

I know a few people going to this game. I think the fact it will be neutral benefits us, unless we travel better then we have an advantage. That being said, to cancel it will would upset a lot of people who have already got their, flights, hotels and tickets.

If anything, this just needs to be a solid reason, to let things be as they are going forward. Moving games to Mexico probably does not increase the fan base in a soccer dominate country, but it does alienate the US season ticket holders.

brdempsey69
11-13-2018, 01:43 PM
I know a few people going to this game. I think the fact it will be neutral benefits us, unless we travel better then we have an advantage. That being said, to cancel it will would upset a lot of people who have already got their, flights, hotels and tickets.

If anything, this just needs to be a solid reason, to let things be as they are going forward. Moving games to Mexico probably does not increase the fan base in a soccer dominate country, but it does alienate the US season ticket holders.

All of which is REFUNDABLE. What if a natural disaster were to occur? The field already looks like it has been his by one. If they want to schedule a game on a neutral field, then why not Hawaii, or even some neutral place in the continental 48 states?

brdempsey69
11-13-2018, 02:09 PM
All of which is REFUNDABLE. What if a natural disaster were to occur? The field already looks like it has been HIT by one. If they want to schedule a game on a neutral field, then why not Hawaii, or even some neutral place in the continental 48 states?

Fixed.

If the Chiefs get out of this game without any injuries like they did against the Cards, then that in itself will be a major victory.

Chiefs4life24
11-13-2018, 05:03 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sources-rams-chiefs-making-plans-for-‘likelihood’-that-mexico-city-game-gets-moved-to-la/ar-BBPFy7G?ocid=spartanntp

Chiefs4life24
11-13-2018, 05:15 PM
Good god the vegas line is at 63 and a half points for this game take the over boys and girls, if you wanna win good money

NJChiefs
11-13-2018, 08:21 PM
I want to see if the line moves based on the venue change. Everyone is saying that this will be as much a home game for the Chiefs as the Rams. No way. We had a neutral field game. Now we don’t. The Vegas line was -2.5. Let’s see if it changes.

Chiefs4life24
11-13-2018, 11:34 PM
last i looked since it was moved to L.A. the Rams are now getting -3.5 at home, i wouldnt be surprised if we cover the spread though

Eydugstr
11-14-2018, 06:14 AM
Game looks to be good. The NFL came to it's senses and moved it back to LA. Imagine how we'd feel if someone got injured because of crummy field conditions.

Think the real battle in this game is who is able to put the other team in red zone situations, and win them.

Seek
11-14-2018, 08:34 AM
All of which is REFUNDABLE. What if a natural disaster were to occur? The field already looks like it has been his by one. If they want to schedule a game on a neutral field, then why not Hawaii, or even some neutral place in the continental 48 states?

Not everything is refundable. Specially for those who bought package deals. Most airlines will only give credit for another fight. Which is all fine and dandy if you travel a lot.

From what I am hearing. This was the players basically saying, we won't play.

Seek
11-14-2018, 08:36 AM
Game looks to be good. The NFL came to it's senses and moved it back to LA. Imagine how we'd feel if someone got injured because of crummy field conditions.

Think the real battle in this game is who is able to put the other team in red zone situations, and win them.

This is all an excuse. I mean the Raiders play on the infeld of a baseball facility for years. Just plain old dirt. How can a field made of half fake turf with grass growing inside the woven clothes of the fake turf. Be any worse.

brdempsey69
11-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Not everything is refundable. Specially for those who bought package deals. Most airlines will only give credit for another fight. Which is all fine and dandy if you travel a lot.

From what I am hearing. This was the players basically saying, we won't play.

If they payed with a credit/debit card, they can file a dispute through their bank that issues their card. The NFL will have to issue refunds or face a possible lawsuit. kcchiefs.com says details for refunds are forthcoming.

As for the players, they are taking a rightful stand on this. Why should they have to play on a bad field in a 3rd world country? I'm glad they pulled a coup & got the NFL to transfer that game. Not the 1st time this has happened. The 1964 AFL All-Star game got xferred, as well.

Eydugstr
11-14-2018, 12:20 PM
This is all an excuse. I mean the Raiders play on the infeld of a baseball facility for years. Just plain old dirt. How can a field made of half fake turf with grass growing inside the woven clothes of the fake turf. Be any worse.

Keep in mind a) That's the Raiders and b) Even as screwed up as their front office is, they're moving.

I'm glad they got rid of the astroturf at Arrowhead. Let someone else pay millions for players then force them to play on a rug over concrete or asphalt. Think the NFL made the right call.

brdempsey69
11-14-2018, 12:32 PM
Keep in mind a) That's the Raiders and b) Even as screwed up as their front office is, they're moving.

I'm glad they got rid of the astroturf at Arrowhead. Let someone else pay millions for players then force them to play on a rug over concrete or asphalt. Think the NFL made the right call.

I'm also glad they did that. The only problem I have is the fact the Chiefs have never won an opening playoff game at home on the grass field (hence why I suggested they wear RED ON RED this next time.)

Eydugstr
11-14-2018, 03:52 PM
I'm also glad they did that. The only problem I have is the fact the Chiefs have never won an opening playoff game at home on the grass field (hence why I suggested they wear RED ON RED this next time.)

Actually think we did win one. Against the Steelers in the '93 playoffs with Joe Montana. I'd have to double check but if I remember correctly the '92 season was the last year of astroturf at Arrowhead.

brdempsey69
11-15-2018, 02:37 AM
Actually think we did win one. Against the Steelers in the '93 playoffs with Joe Montana. I'd have to double check but if I remember correctly the '92 season was the last year of astroturf at Arrowhead.

Sorry dugstr, but that 1993 season, Arrowhead had the turf. The grass field went in in 1994.

Seek
11-15-2018, 08:33 AM
Sorry dugstr, but that 1993 season, Arrowhead had the turf. The grass field went in in 1994.

Yeah but back in 1993 and 1994 Patrick wasn't even born yet... The past has nothing to do with this team other than fans waiting for the shoe to fall because they have been hurt so many times before.

brdempsey69
11-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Yeah but back in 1993 and 1994 Patrick wasn't even born yet... The past has nothing to do with this team other than fans waiting for the shoe to fall because they have been hurt so many times before.

I've heard that same type of song being sung before. Time will tell.

Eydugstr
11-15-2018, 02:37 PM

I stand corrected. Double checked, it was approved earlier (Was actually used as a selling point to Marcus Allen to get him here in '93, it's mentioned in his book) but '94 was the first season of the grass field.

Eydugstr
11-15-2018, 02:43 PM

No, history doesn't always repeat itself, but it's kinda silly to put blinders on and ignore it. Especially when it comes to something that could affect either team the way a serious injury to Mahomes, Hill, Gurley or Goff would.

brdempsey69
11-15-2018, 03:57 PM
No, history doesn't always repeat itself, but it's kinda silly to put blinders on and ignore it. Especially when it comes to something that could affect either team the way a serious injury to Mahomes, Hill, Gurley or Goff would.

SPOT ON !! We are talking about the Chiefs going 0-7 (that is ZERO for SEVEN) in these opening playoff games played at KC on the grass field, going all the way back to the '71 Christmas Day game. You cannot just ignore that type of history.

People talk about the need for home-field advantage for the Chiefs in the upcoming playoffs, but history has shown that it hasn't done any good whatsoever. And it is always something bizarre (except for 2010 when the Ravens just manhandled the Chiefs) that keeps them from winning any of these games. I do not know of ANY other team that has suffered this sort of thing.

As for the upcoming game against the Rams, the Chiefs may or may not win, but what is most important is that they make a good showing & get out of it injury free. The bye week will follow and they can re-energize and get ready for the stretch run to end the season & perhaps come away with their 3rd consecutive division title.

Eydugstr
11-15-2018, 09:32 PM
SPOT ON !! We are talking about the Chiefs going 0-7 (that is ZERO for SEVEN) in these opening playoff games played at KC on the grass field, going all the way back to the '71 Christmas Day game. You cannot just ignore that type of history.

People talk about the need for home-field advantage for the Chiefs in the upcoming playoffs, but history has shown that it hasn't done any good whatsoever. And it is always something bizarre (except for 2010 when the Ravens just manhandled the Chiefs) that keeps them from winning any of these games. I do not know of ANY other team that has suffered this sort of thing.

As for the upcoming game against the Rams, the Chiefs may or may not win, but what is most important is that they make a good showing & get out of it injury free. The bye week will follow and they can re-energize and get ready for the stretch run to end the season & perhaps come away with their 3rd consecutive division title.

Highlighted for truth. We might not have the toughest schedule but we need to keep the team together and play well down the stretch after the bye. IMHO sweeping the Raiders and the Chargers are much more important games than the Rams game, it's just that neither will be as hyped up by the NFL/media as the Rams game will be. Sort of reminds me of all the hype back in '95 surrounding the Chiefs and Cowboys game.

We're already banged up enough as it is. Even if it is just a decision to play on a different field, and even if players do get injured anyway it's telling us that the organizations involved tried.

Speaking of history...For once, let's beat the ghosts of seasons past (New England, Pittsburgh, Indy) when it matters: The playoffs. Hopefully we'll get a crack at the Rams again, too.

brdempsey69
11-16-2018, 05:55 PM
I just saw that Sammy Watkins didn't practice today, so he may not play in this game, either.