PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith injured in game against Texans

Eydugstr
11-18-2018, 08:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000989627/article/nfl-players-react-to-alex-smith-ankle-injury-on-twitter

Looks like he's out for the rest of the season.

NJChiefs
11-18-2018, 08:20 PM
A horrific injury. Hard to watch. I just hope it’s not career ending. He’s a class act.

matthewschiefs
11-18-2018, 08:38 PM
I saw it happen it's a shame. Might not be a franchise QB but he's a great guy sad to see it happen

brdempsey69
11-19-2018, 04:18 AM
Looks like he's out for the rest of the season.

I see on other sites Chiefs fans still bash Alex. They can't seem to get it through their heads that the acquisition of Alex in 2013, set the stage for the Chiefs to DRAFT THE RIGHT QB AT THE RIGHT TIME !!

Chiefs4life24
11-19-2018, 09:44 AM
He was a great franchise QB for us. That injury reminded me a lot of the Theissman injury from years ago

Justin5772002
11-19-2018, 11:33 AM
I see on other sites Chiefs fans still bash Alex. They can't seem to get it through their heads that the acquisition of Alex in 2013, set the stage for the Chiefs to DRAFT THE RIGHT QB AT THE RIGHT TIME !!
Yeah we almost had Geno Smith like most chief fans were screaming to do at the time. Alex held us over to get to Mahomes and I don’t think there’s a single chiefs fan saying that was a bad deal at this given moment. If they’re still griping then they’re intelligence needs to be questioned

matthewschiefs
11-19-2018, 01:06 PM
Yeah we almost had Geno Smith like most chief fans were screaming to do at the time. Alex held us over to get to Mahomes and I don’t think there’s a single chiefs fan saying that was a bad deal at this given moment. If they’re still griping then they’re intelligence needs to be questioned

Geno we were supposed to sell the farm for RG3. We were supposed to have gotten Dak or Derek Carr who couldn't even beat Alex. The list goes on and on.

Alex was just what we needed at the right time. He provided stable play while they did what I was SCREAMING for them to do BUILD an offense. Not just plug in QB x and expect that all the problems would go away. If Mahomes walked into the Bowe (after he got paid) Frankie hammond JR, AJ Jenkins offense he would not be doing what he is doing now.

matthewschiefs
11-19-2018, 01:08 PM
He was a great franchise QB for us. That injury reminded me a lot of the Theissman injury from years ago

I don't know I would say he was playing at a franchise QB level for us. But he gave us what we needed at that time. He was the right man for the right job. Now Mahomes is playing at a franchise QB level for us and we are seeing the rewards for it

brdempsey69
11-19-2018, 02:20 PM
Geno we were supposed to sell the farm for RG3. We were supposed to have gotten Dak or Derek Carr who couldn't even beat Alex. The list goes on and on.

Alex was just what we needed at the right time. He provided stable play while they did what I was SCREAMING for them to do BUILD an offense. Not just plug in QB x and expect that all the problems would go away. If Mahomes walked into the Bowe (after he got paid) Frankie hammond JR, AJ Jenkins offense he would not be doing what he is doing now.

That he did. Alex did bring stability to the QB position for KC. The problem that I had with him was consistency. In some games, he would look as good as any QB in football (such as the Indy playoff game in 2013, the season opener in 2017 against NE), and then in other games he seemed to go ice cold (such as the playoff games against Pitt in 2016 and the Titans in 2017).

The one thing that seperates Mahomes from Alex is Mahomes' CONSISTENCY. Even on somewhat of an off day last week, he was still able to generate enough Offense to put up 26 points and win the game. I'm not so sure we would have gotten that from Alex.

I'm hoping Mahomes will have his best game of the year tonight against LA.

Eydugstr
11-19-2018, 02:46 PM

But...but...but...We could've had Geno Smith...or Teddy Bridgewater...or...(insert next popular QB candidate at the time)

When we got Alex, it gave Reid and Dorsey the ability to rebuild the team without putting the fanbase through multiple losing seasons to do it. Alex might not have been the greatest QB, but he did give us our first postseason win in over two decades.

matthewschiefs
11-19-2018, 03:25 PM
But...but...but...We could've had Geno Smith...or Teddy Bridgewater...or...(insert next popular QB candidate at the time)

When we got Alex, it gave Reid and Dorsey the ability to rebuild the team without putting the fanbase through multiple losing seasons to do it. Alex might not have been the greatest QB, but he did give us our first postseason win in over two decades.

My all time favorite one was in 2012 that we would have been a playoff team if only we had wait for it

JOE FLACO LMAO

Seek
11-19-2018, 05:15 PM
Joe Thiesmann was at that game. It was exactly 33 years ago on that date that he had the same injury that ended his career.