PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Yearly trip to Jokeland

matthewschiefs
12-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Well this has been a long weekend for this team. Both on and off the field. Very lucky to get the W today. It was close but a W is a W.

Offense. Ever have a day where you are just a little bit off. That was the Chiefs offense for a good part of the day. You can understand it. You just lost a major part of the gameplan after a week of practice and very little if any time to adjust that game plan. Combine that with the bye and there were just going to be some bumps in the road in this game. Mahomes missed a few open guys some would have been for tds. But all in all they did enough to get the win. And it's really scary for the rest of the league that with all that going against them they still found a way to score 40 points in the game.

Defense. SIGH. Ever hear the saying better lucky than good? That was this d today. Jokeland gave the ball away more then we took the ball away. They did more to stop themselves then we did anything to stop them. This is yet another game that leaves you thinking that this defense is going to be the thing that stops this team at the end of the season. And it just hasn't gotten much better.

Dee Ford is one exception to this. He had a good game today and has put together a nice season.

Overall this team is now 10-2 not bad. Next week is another test. The Ravens are a playoff team still fighting to move up in the rankings. They have a pretty good D. We are going to have to overcome that D to win that game. I'm looking forward to this one more because I will be at Arrowhead in person to see this team. Lets get this W. A W would clinch a playoff spot I believe lets get it done. GO CHIEFS

Chiefs4life24
12-02-2018, 07:39 PM
the Ravens have the #1 scoring defense in the league they are scary good, and Lamar Jackson is something out of a nightmare

Chiefs4life24
12-02-2018, 08:47 PM
So Mahomes has 41 Touchdowns he is 14 short of tying Manning at 55, he would need to have 3 games where he threw 4 touchdowns a piece and 1 game of 3 touchdowns to get to 56 and set the new record. of course if he could have a game or 2 where we have a 5 - 6 touchdown game that would help immensly. Can he do it? I dont know I think he can, it will be tough but if he can I think he earned the MVP this year

matthewschiefs
12-02-2018, 09:44 PM
the Ravens have the #1 scoring defense in the league they are scary good, and Lamar Jackson is something out of a nightmare

There D is going to be a very good test to see where we are without Hunt.

We SHOULD still win this game being at home. But it's going to be a test. I really don't want to have my brother gloating on the whole trip back home

Eydugstr
12-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Very glad we won, we didn't give up when it mattered. Kelce or Conley would be the guys I'd give the game ball to.

Offensively we had some missed opportunities. Hill had some drops and Mahomes missed on some throws. But was really sold on how well Mahomes bounced back in the second half.

Dee Ford did well, but our defense is beyond fixing this season. During the game you could sit and watch the coverages line up and know where the ball was going. Justin Houston is consistently being thrown back into coverage. The linebackers didn't look too confused (this game) but couldn't stop an up the middle run to save their lives. Our secondary still hold like crazy and then turn and complain to the refs when they get flagged. While I do think Berry might help with secondary communication, seriously doubt it'll make much of a difference.

Chiefs4life24
12-02-2018, 10:21 PM
The Chiefs beat the Raiders 40-33 today...they have scored at least 40 points in 5 games this season, tied for the most such games in a season in franchise history (also 5 games in 2003).

Kansas City is 20-2 in division games since 2015, best record in NFL.

matthewschiefs
12-02-2018, 10:32 PM
Very glad we won, we didn't give up when it mattered. Kelce or Conley would be the guys I'd give the game ball to.

Offensively we had some missed opportunities. Hill had some drops and Mahomes missed on some throws. But was really sold on how well Mahomes bounced back in the second half.

Dee Ford did well, but our defense is beyond fixing this season. During the game you could sit and watch the coverages line up and know where the ball was going. Justin Houston is consistently being thrown back into coverage. The linebackers didn't look too confused (this game) but couldn't stop an up the middle run to save their lives. Our secondary still hold like crazy and then turn and complain to the refs when they get flagged. While I do think Berry might help with secondary communication, seriously doubt it'll make much of a difference.

This is what drives me nuts. When QBS have time they will pick apart good secondaries. When you don't have one of your best pass rushers go after the QB you are just asking to get burnt. This is part of my thing against Bob Sutton. It constantly hurts us and nothing changes

brdempsey69
12-03-2018, 01:47 AM
Haven't watched the game in its entirety, yet. But, saw some highlights & the D is still having the same problems of not tackling very well.

Kudos to the Offense for putting up the points that they did, in spite of what happened with Hunt, plus no Sammy Watkins.

I believe the Chiefs are a year away. The Defense has to be shored up for this team to make a run at the SB, and we could still use a dynamic RB from somewhere to replace Hunt.

Eydugstr
12-03-2018, 10:54 AM
This is what drives me nuts. When QBS have time they will pick apart good secondaries. When you don't have one of your best pass rushers go after the QB you are just asking to get burnt. This is part of my thing against Bob Sutton. It constantly hurts us and nothing changes

Highlight for truth. Also it points out that it's either a coaching or communication (as in someone audibled for Houston to drop back into coverage).

But I guess that leaves the question, what can be done NOW? We keep hearing about Berry coming back and never seeing it happen. Sutton isn't going to rethink his D in the middle of December. Even if he could, does he have the players to pull off a major change?

matthewschiefs
12-03-2018, 12:06 PM
Highlight for truth. Also it points out that it's either a coaching or communication (as in someone audibled for Houston to drop back into coverage).

But I guess that leaves the question, what can be done NOW? We keep hearing about Berry coming back and never seeing it happen. Sutton isn't going to rethink his D in the middle of December. Even if he could, does he have the players to pull off a major change?

I don't think much if anything can be done at this point. But If Bob Sutton isn't fired at the end of this year then Andy should be fired.

brdempsey69
12-03-2018, 02:46 PM
I really wish the Steelers would have hung on to win their game against the Chargers, but they blew it.

Chiefster
12-03-2018, 07:51 PM
I wasn't able to see this one; wasn't broadcast in my area, but your analysis pretty much summed up how I thought the game probably went as for as the defensive play. I checked the score online just before the 4th quarter and the score was 33-16 -Chiefs, so I figured there would be nothing to worry about. However, when I checked the final a few hours later I was not too shocked to see that we only won by a touchdown and remembered who we are defensively; having given up 17 points in one quarter of play. This is not a defense that will win many championships, but I am happy for the "W"

Chiefster
12-03-2018, 07:55 PM
I really wish the Steelers would have hung on to win their game against the Chargers, but they blew it.

Yeah I was watching that one too; would have loved to be another game up on the Chargers.

Chiefs4life24
12-03-2018, 08:06 PM
abysmal defense should be expected by now guys

matthewschiefs
12-03-2018, 09:44 PM
abysmal defense should be expected by now guys

Expected maybe Accepted NO

matthewschiefs
12-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Having had more time to digest the game I can't help but to be even more impressed with the offense that we saw.

I don't know how many offenses can lose such a big part of their offense and still put up 40 in a game. I don't think we can say enough about this

Chiefs4life24
12-03-2018, 11:56 PM
So i was doing some Investigative work and found some interesting stuff

The Steelers are the 4th seed and still have to play the Raiders, Patriots, Saints and Bengals. I could see them easily losing 3-4 or 2-2 and missing the playoffs. No chance they Beat the Patriots or Saints. So i dont think we will have to worry about them in the Playoffs.

The Patriots Have to Play the Dolphins, Steelers, Bills and Jets No Chance they dont win out and get the 2nd seed, so it might be the Pats Coming to the Chiefs in the AFC title game if we get past the Texans in the Divisional Round.

The Chargers have to Play the Bengals, Chiefs, Ravens and Broncos, If we can beat them and then the Ravens and Broncos could do us a couple huge favors, that could drop the Chargers down to the 6th seed and have to play the Texans in the Wildcard round which would be good news for us.

The Ravens have to play the Chiefs, Buccaneers, Chargers and Browns so they could end up surpassing the Chargers and Steelers for the 4th and 5th seeds

Eydugstr
12-04-2018, 12:10 AM

Same here. The Chargers have gotten their collective stuff together and look serious about a playoff run.

Eydugstr
12-04-2018, 10:37 PM
So i was doing some Investigative work and found some interesting stuff

The Steelers are the 4th seed and still have to play the Raiders, Patriots, Saints and Bengals. I could see them easily losing 3-4 or 2-2 and missing the playoffs. No chance they Beat the Patriots or Saints. So i dont think we will have to worry about them in the Playoffs.

The Patriots Have to Play the Dolphins, Steelers, Bills and Jets No Chance they dont win out and get the 2nd seed, so it might be the Pats Coming to the Chiefs in the AFC title game if we get past the Texans in the Divisional Round.

The Chargers have to Play the Bengals, Chiefs, Ravens and Broncos, If we can beat them and then the Ravens and Broncos could do us a couple huge favors, that could drop the Chargers down to the 6th seed and have to play the Texans in the Wildcard round which would be good news for us.

The Ravens have to play the Chiefs, Buccaneers, Chargers and Browns so they could end up surpassing the Chargers and Steelers for the 4th and 5th seeds

Good post. All four of those teams are good reasons for the team to stay focused and just win out. Can't overlook Houston either.