PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Vs Ravens An Arrowhead experience for a lifetime

matthewschiefs
12-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Just made it back to my room WOW that is a game I will always remember.

The place was loud but not as loud as I thought it might be. The Cold wasn't to bad my hands were the only thing really cold throughout fans were GREAT. Really into it the whole time

Now about the actual game

Offense we didn't help ourselves at all from the very start. I don't know if the CBS cameras were picking it up but guys were losing their footing from the very 1st play. It got better as the game went. But man we didn't help ourselves. I saw first hand Mahomes sidearm a hell of a throw. MAN that guy is fun to watch. And near the end of the 4th he was definitely into the game while the D was on the field. The INT just wasn't a good choice. Our section saw it coming and we were yelling NOOOOOOOOOO. Not the best game for the offense. There will be some things to learn from. But man they can still be fun to watch.

Defense. THEY CAME UP HUGE at the end. The strip sack and the OT stand HELL OF A JOB. Run D is trash. (A point my brother brought up a time or two) And they targeted Scandrick time and time again WOW is he bad. But they IMO had a HUGE role in this W. It wasn't looking all that great for a while and they Stepped it up big time. A huge THANK You for that to Mr.Sutton. You will not get a fire Sutton rant today from this guy.

I was so pumped about the W I had to be reminded by my Ravens fan brother that this clinched the playoffs. And we got help in other games for the 1 seed. Made a great day even better. We took a huge step in getting that 1 seed today. Now it's on to Thursday. We can take a huge step in the AFC West as well. Lets get it done. GO CHIEFS. Thank you for an amazing day even if it was a little cold

Eydugstr
12-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Glad you got to see the game at Arrowhead, m/c. First game at Arrowhead, and it's an overtime win! Hope you are having a great time in KC, and got some BBQ.

From what I understand the players have shoes with removable cleats that can be changed for different traction if needed. Sometimes they don't guess correctly initially so during the game they get changed out. This would explain some of the initial slipping/falling down.

It was a good win. Sealed our entry into the playoffs, and think the team has the confidence now that it can beat some of these teams which have better D's. We still need to win out, make the playoffs come through KC.

Tyreek Hill IMO deserves the game ball. He played his way through this game, gave KC some spectacular plays, played hurt - can't ask anymore from a player than that.

Chiefs4life24
12-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Glad you got to see the game at Arrowhead, m/c. First game at Arrowhead, and it's an overtime win! Hope you are having a great time in KC, and got some BBQ.

From what I understand the players have shoes with removable cleats that can be changed for different traction if needed. Sometimes they don't guess correctly initially so during the game they get changed out. This would explain some of the initial slipping/falling down.

It was a good win. Sealed our entry into the playoffs, and think the team has the confidence now that it can beat some of these teams which have better D's. We still need to win out, make the playoffs come through KC.

Tyreek Hill IMO deserves the game ball. He played his way through this game, gave KC some spectacular plays, played hurt - can't ask anymore from a player than that.

Actually we can go 2 - 1 in the final 3 games and still get the #1 seed with the losses of the Patriots and Texans today

Eydugstr
12-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Actually we can go 2 - 1 in the final 3 games and still get the #1 seed with the losses of the Patriots and Texans today

Yes you're correct C4L, but the thing of it is, don't want to see us fall into the mindset of relying on what other teams do/don't do. Today we about let this one get away, but the team rallied and took care of business. We got another test coming up this Thursday.

Chiefs4life24
12-09-2018, 07:31 PM
The Raiders just Beat the Steelers 24 - 21

matthewschiefs
12-09-2018, 08:03 PM
Glad you got to see the game at Arrowhead, m/c. Foirst game at Arrowhead, and it's an overtime win! Hope you are having a great time in KC, and got some BBQ.

Oh we KC BBQ for sure.
The play from hill that set up the game timing to was AMAZING we went wild. Mahomes or hill could get the game ball

jason1981
12-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Anyone worried about if we secure the #1 seed in the 16th weej thatvwe reat players for theb17th and then thise olayers will have 2 weeks off? Anyone worried about team gettting rusty? I thought after the one week bye they were rusty and now maybe 2 weeks off. Id atleast play them half the game in 17 if it comes to that. Id maybe rest hill and watkins for the full game. I dont want mahomes tongetbruaty with 2 weeks off. But id only play him with the starting oline as well.

Chiefs4life24
12-09-2018, 08:33 PM
I think if it was me I would play everyone for the first half week 17

jason1981
12-09-2018, 09:37 PM
This might be an unorthodox thing to do but as long as we win 2 out of the next 3 we definitely win hime field advantage nobnatter what. With that being said what about resting olayers foe this thursday game since its a short week and if byba chance we lose we win the last two games then it will be like 2 bye weeks but spread apart.

My theory is on Thursday is rest any injured player. Let Hill ret his ankle. Let Kelce and Berry rest.

Id keep these players out of Thursday's game Kelce, Hill Fuller, ford, houston, Watkins.

Id play Mahomes and starting oline all game. Id start conley and robinson at wr and mix in Benjamin to get him some reps with Mahomes. Give speaks and kas starts at olb's spots.

My point is i think chargers are our toughest game left and no need to risk futher injury on a short week to players that have any nagging injuries and in other areas where a back up can gain starting experience like speaks and kass play them.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2018, 09:54 PM
My seats
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/48272910_2253364224878722_9072459496097316864_n.pn g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7ecfffefb4d86ec27e6c37226405fefb&oe=5CA243AE

Chiefster
12-09-2018, 11:19 PM
It is such an experience seeing the game there! I have to get back to KC for one. Speaking as one whose seen games from a few points of view there it's not surprising that you saw that pick coming; there's not a bad seat in the house.

matthewschiefs
12-10-2018, 12:11 AM
After some time to reflect on the game a couple of things I need to add on.

I never thought of Cam Irving as a guy it would hurt to lose but after he went down Mahomes had to run for his life. And he made it work.

Play calling has been something I have harped on over the years. And I can now say I am not alone by a long shot. After the strip sack there were a number of very unhappy fans with the play calling. It didn't help the field goal chances at all. And is a tad of a concern. Also the screens ugh the Ravens were not fooled at all.

Let's hope neither are issues going forward. Still a great win. But let's get this figured out

matthewschiefs
12-10-2018, 12:16 AM
It is such an experience seeing the game there! I have to get back to KC for one. Speaking as one whose seen games from a few points of view there it's not surprising that you saw that pick coming; there's not a bad seat in the house.

Not a bad seat at all. And not many empty seats due to cold

On the pick there was a collective groan as Soon as he threw it. Young QB moment for him for sure

jason1981
12-10-2018, 12:21 AM
After some time to reflect on the game a couple of things I need to add on.

I never thought of Cam Irving as a guy it would hurt to lose but after he went down Mahomes had to run for his life. And he made it work.

Play calling has been something I have harped on over the years. And I can now say I am not alone by a long shot. After the strip sack there were a number of very unhappy fans with the play calling. It didn't help the field goal chances at all. And is a tad of a concern. Also the screens ugh the Ravens were not fooled at all.

Let's hope neither are issues going forward. Still a great win. But let's get this figured out

I think the screens was cuz the ravens were showing things that Mahomes never seen ywt in the nfl. They had everyone up on the line and No way to make the right line calls. Broadcast broat it up how they had everyone up on the line and nobody in the middle of the field. Qith Mahomes inexperienced dealing with that style only thing reid could do is screens. Plus our oline wasnt doing a good job of protecting Mahomes anyways. Has anyone noticed did we even try to go deep at all? It seems like less and less we send hill deeeeeeeeeep anymore. Given Hill was banged up and oline couldnt block that long today.

matthewschiefs
12-10-2018, 12:26 AM
I think the screens was cuz the ravens were showing things that Mahomes never seen ywt in the nfl. They had everyone up on the line and No way to make the right line calls. Broadcast broat it up how they had everyone up on the line and nobody in the middle of the field. Qith Mahomes inexperienced dealing with that style only thing reid could do is screens. Plus our oline wasnt doing a good job of protecting Mahomes anyways. Has anyone noticed did we even try to go deep at all? It seems like less and less we send hill deeeeeeeeeep anymore. Given Hill was banged up and oline couldnt block that long today.

I can tell you Hill was sent deep a number of times. Mahomes actually missed him having beat the defender on a shorter pass to Kelce

brdempsey69
12-10-2018, 01:49 AM
Hey Matt, if this game felt like a playoff game -- it's because it REALLY WAS. Playoff implications were riding very high.

jason1981
12-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Anyone like my idea of resting some players on Thursday since we only need to win 2 of the last 3 games. That way it will spread 2 weeks off out instead of resting them week 17 amd 1st round bye. Id still play oline and mahomes on thursday. Id rest hill, kelce, watkins, berry, ford, houston, jones.
That would gove speak and kas more experience at olb and give more reps for conley, robinson, Benjamin, deiter at wr. with Mahomes

TopekaRoy
12-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Anyone like my idea of resting some players on Thursday since we only need to win 2 of the last 3 games. That way it will spread 2 weeks off out instead of resting them week 17 amd 1st round bye. Id still play oline and mahomes on thursday. Id rest hill, kelce, watkins, berry, ford, houston, jones.
That would gove speak and kas more experience at olb and give more reps for conley, robinson, Benjamin, deiter at wr. with Mahomes
I don't like it. It's too risky IMO. The Chargers are only one game behind us. If we, essentially, let them win we would be tied with 2 games left, although we would still own the tiebreaker based on conference record. (Chiefs 4-1, Chargers 3-2). But if the Chargers win out and we lose at Seattle (which is a very tough place to win) then LAC is a game ahead of us, we drop to a wild card and lose our home field advantage.

If we beat the Seahawks and something goes horribly wrong and we somehow lose to the Raiders (Don't laugh. It's happened before!) then both we and the Chargers finish 13-3 and 4-2 in the AFC West. If they beat us by more than we beat them, earlier, then they win the point-differential tie breaker and we are back to being a wild card.

The Chargers are going to be tough to beat regardless but the win would nearly guarantee a one seed. We would still have to beat either the Seahawks or Raiders, but I like that scenario a lot better than having to beat both of them.

I also think there is some value to the momentum we would have from winning 5 straight games heading into the playoffs. No, losing to the Chargers would not be the end of the world, but it puts a ton of extra pressure on the Chiefs to win the last two games and there are no guarantees in the NFL; just ask the Rams and the Steelers, who both lost to teams they were heavily favored to beat, yesterday.

jason1981
12-10-2018, 01:44 PM
I don't like it. It's too risky IMO. The Chargers are only one game behind us. If we, essentially, let them win we would be tied with 2 games left, although we would still own the tiebreaker based on conference record. (Chiefs 4-1, Chargers 3-2). But if the Chargers win out and we lose at Seattle (which is a very tough place to win) then LAC is a game ahead of us, we drop to a wild card and lose our home field advantage.

If we beat the Seahawks and something goes horribly wrong and we somehow lose to the Raiders (Don't laugh. It's happened before!) then both we and the Chargers finish 13-3 and 4-2 in the AFC West. If they beat us by more than we beat them, earlier, then they win the point-differential tie breaker and we are back to being a wild card.

The Chargers are going to be tough to beat regardless but the win would nearly guarantee a one seed. We would still have to beat either the Seahawks or Raiders, but I like that scenario a lot better than having to beat both of them.

I also think there is some value to the momentum we would have from winning 5 straight games heading into the playoffs. No, losing to the Chargers would not be the end of the world, but it puts a ton of extra pressure on the Chiefs to win the last two games and there are no guarantees in the NFL; just ask the Rams and the Steelers, who both lost to teams they were heavily favored to beat, yesterday.

What if we lose the game and also lose a pkayer for injury on top of it. If its a normal week id agree but being on a short week id give anyone with an injury rest. Plus i don't want chiefs to rest players in week 17 and then have bye week after that as well. Thats 2 weeks for rust to settle in. Chiefs didnt okay well after one week off and now they might have 2 weeks off. This would atleast spread the rest out so its not 2 weeks in a row. And i have a bad feeling about this game with it being a short rest time. Atleast give injured players rest. Im worried about hills foot as well. He said it was bad after the game. But also your right that it be chargers makes it a tougher decision. If it was oakland or seatle it be easier decision.

TopekaRoy
12-10-2018, 02:08 PM
What if we lose the game and also lose a pkayer for injury on top of it. If its a normal week id agree but being on a short week id give anyone with an injury rest. Plus i don't want chiefs to rest players in week 17 and then have bye week after that as well. Thats 2 weeks for rust to settle in. Chiefs didnt okay well after one week off and now they might have 2 weeks off. This would atleast spread the rest out so its not 2 weeks in a row. And i have a bad feeling about this game with it being a short rest time. Atleast give injured players rest. Im worried about hills foot as well. He said it was bad after the game. But also your right that it be chargers makes it a tougher decision. If it was oakland or seatle it be easier decision.

I get what you are saying. There is always a risk of injury, even to perfectly healthy players. OF COURSE you don't want to play someone who is injured and I'm sure the Chiefs won't, but "injured" is not the same as "hurt." If someone is capable of playing through the pain at close their usual level and there is little threat of aggravating the injury by playing, they should be out there. That is why they are paid millions of dollars.

We'll know more when the injury report comes out. If someone is doubtful rest him. If he is questionable rest him unless there is no other good option. The ones who are probable should play and probably will play. This game is too important to treat it as meaningless.

matthewschiefs
12-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Hey Matt, if this game felt like a playoff game -- it's because it REALLY WAS. Playoff implications were riding very high.

Based on my time yesterday I can't even imagine what the atmosphere would be like during a playoff game.

I don't know how loud it came across on TV I'm going to have to find a way to watch the Tv broadcast but anytime the Ravens had the ball we were up and hollering. The offensive players were definitely into the game there at the end when the D was on the field they were jumping up and down pumping up the crowd. Mahomes was going nuts after the game jumping on the field. And there was a constant chop chant going down the ramp exiting the stadium.

brdempsey69
12-10-2018, 02:53 PM
We could very well end up seeing the Ravens again in the post-season. A healthy Sammy Watkins could be a huge difference maker for the Chiefs Offense if there is a rematch.

Eydugstr
12-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Based on my time yesterday I can't even imagine what the atmosphere would be like during a playoff game.

I don't know how loud it came across on TV I'm going to have to find a way to watch the Tv broadcast but anytime the Ravens had the ball we were up and hollering. The offensive players were definitely into the game there at the end when the D was on the field they were jumping up and down pumping up the crowd. Mahomes was going nuts after the game jumping on the field.

It seemed quiet at first but as the game went on it got louder, at least that's how it came across on the TV. Really where it gets loud is by the end zones. Was surprised given the importance of this game (playoff entrance, AFC opponent that has never lost at Arrowhead) that fans seemed quiet but that changed as the game went on.

And there was a constant chop chant going down the ramp exiting the stadium.

Welcome to a Chiefs W at Arrowhead.

Eydugstr
12-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Personally I hope we play to win out, but the only game I'd rest anybody on would be the Seahawks game (Away game, NFC opponent). It's going to take everyone to beat the Chargers.

matthewschiefs
12-10-2018, 04:28 PM
It seemed quiet at first but as the game went on it got louder, at least that's how it came across on the TV. Really where it gets loud is by the end zones. Was surprised given the importance of this game (playoff entrance, AFC opponent that has never lost at Arrowhead) that fans seemed quiet but that changed as the game went on.

Welcome to a Chiefs W at Arrowhead.

I think the biggest difference for the endzones were people started standing up and there were more baning on the seats during that point.

I found a broadcast of the game on youtube I'm watching it now. Just to see if I missed on anything have already found a few things

matthewschiefs
12-10-2018, 08:17 PM
After watching that game WOW I didn't even know how impressive some of Mahomes throws were. That No look throw AMAZING. And as I have said many times before this year he's going to learn and get better. The other NFL teams are in some trouble :)

matthewschiefs
12-10-2018, 08:29 PM

I get the idea

But I want to beat the Chargers. Until the division is won you have to go all out to win it. Plus as well as this weekend went I don't think you just want to give it right back.

Sure things can happen but we could have lost Mahomes week 1. You can't run your team based on fear of what could happen IMO

Chiefster
12-11-2018, 12:08 AM
Not a bad seat at all. And not many empty seats due to cold

On the pick there was a collective groan as Soon as he threw it. Young QB moment for him for sure

Yup, I have viewed this year, really, as his rookie season because it's his first as the starter. So, he's going to make what I believe are rookie mistakes. (Does that make sense?)

brdempsey69
12-11-2018, 01:20 AM
Yup, I have viewed this year, really, as his rookie season because it's his first as the starter. So, he's going to make what I believe are rookie mistakes. (Does that make sense?)

Yes, it makes sense. There are times when Mahomes has suffered from the errors of youth, but more often, he's also been flawless under pressure.