PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about the Chargers...

Chiefster
12-12-2018, 12:02 AM
(Full discloser: I ripped this from another Chiefs BB and edited it for content)

Chiefs can wrap up their 3rd straight AFCW title on Thursday w/ a win over the Chargers.

Phyllis typically poops his pampers in Arrowhead, but their passing game presents a problem as we saw wk1. Lots of dropped passes on wide open looks. Wk1 looks a lot different if their WR's come down w/ some of those misses.

Chiefs OL gets to go up against Bosa this go around, OL will have their hands full again going up against him and Ingram. OL will need to play a lot better Thurs, than they did Sunday.

Even though it's TNF, Arrowhead will be rockin' for another primetime game and I think Patrick Mahomes shines, and puts the team on his back. Gonna be tough though, Chiefs are banged up, and it's a short week. But it's a short week for them too, and they have to travel.

However, I don't have the warm fuzzies about this one.

The real NFL season has just begun fellas. Go Chiefs!

brdempsey69
12-12-2018, 01:27 AM
The real NFL season has just begun fellas. Go Chiefs!

Indeed, it has really begun. What happens from here on out will tell us a lot about what needs to be done in the off-season in 2019.

Eydugstr
12-12-2018, 11:03 AM
This game's going to be tough. Short week, weather might be miserable enough to negate some of the noise at Arrowhead, and a tough opponent that is playing really solid football.

Normally I'd be giving the Chargers crud, but this year they seem to be fighting through the season with a purpose. Their only losses have been to us, the LA Rams, and the Broncos. Normally they'd be the type of team that would win against a playoff contender then lose to a team with issues. That hasn't been the case this season.

matthewschiefs
12-12-2018, 07:28 PM
The Chargers don't impress me as much as others. They have beaten a bunch of bad teams. Seattle is the one exception.

I think coaching will be the deciding factor. Simply put Andy Reid (though I may complain about his playcalling at times) is better the Lynn at this stage. Combine that with the fact that they have to spend some of the already short week traveling. The Chiefs SHOULD win this game. They just can't make some of the mistakes that I saw then make Sunday.

Chiefs4life24
12-12-2018, 07:47 PM
this game is a must win, if we lose we are out of the #1 seed and down to the #5 seed and lose the division title

matthewschiefs
12-12-2018, 08:27 PM
this game is a must win, if we lose we are out of the #1 seed and down to the #5 seed and lose the division title

No we are not actually. We would still have the tie breaker based on the Chargers loss to Denver. We would still control our fate for the 1 seed and the west.

Chiefster
12-13-2018, 12:23 AM

No we are not actually. We would still have the tie breaker based on the Chargers loss to Denver. We would still control our fate for the 1 seed and the west.

Correct. Winning two of the next three games in any combination will pave the road to the Super Bowl through Kansas City.

brdempsey69
12-13-2018, 02:08 AM
I believe the Chiefs will be wearing RED-ON-RED uniforms for this game. I would like to see them do that as well if they get an opening playoff game at Arrowhead (if they win against the Chargers, then they will have that game).

Seek
12-13-2018, 12:59 PM

No... We just have to win 2 of the last 3 and we clinch home field.