PDA

View Full Version : Glass half full thinking on the Berry situation

matthewschiefs
12-21-2018, 06:04 PM
This lesson actually comes from one of the painful moments in the Chiefs past. The Berry thing reminds me of something I have seen before and it worked out very well for that team.

I give you the 06-07 NFL playoffs. The Colts who would go on to win the Super Bowl had the worst run d in the NFL. They started out against us who had the best running attack in the NFL. Many thought that was going to be a very bad matchup for the colts. Including myself.

Yet I kept hearing how the Colts getting Bob Sanders back would make a huge difference. And many once again including myself scoffed at that being nearly as big as what we were hearing. It turned out that it was that huge difference in their D.

So maybe just maybe the Berry coming back will be a major factor. This D has scared us all season long. And I think many of us have that feeling it will be what cost us at the end and it still might. But history shows that maybe Berry coming back will play a bigger role then we think. Lets hope it is a good thought

brdempsey69
12-21-2018, 08:53 PM
My thinking is, it will not hurt anything, certainly. He is the best DB that they have, right now.

It seems that the plan all along was to make sure to have him available for the post-season. Same with Sammy Watkins, as the Chiefs think both are too valuable to not have them on the field in the post-season.

Eydugstr
12-22-2018, 06:03 AM
At this point if he's a help with communication in the secondary, throw him in, and keep him there.

matthewschiefs
12-22-2018, 09:28 PM
I think many of us have doubted that Berry alone would make a major difference. But this there is a history that yes 1 player can make that big of a difference. And that's something that has given me a little bit of help. Hopefully tomorrow night gives me some more

brdempsey69
12-23-2018, 01:22 AM
I think many of us have doubted that Berry alone would make a major difference. But this there is a history that yes 1 player can make that big of a difference. And that's something that has given me a little bit of help. Hopefully tomorrow night gives me some more

Post-season is where I'm hoping Berry makes a huge impact. Offensively, Watkins is the key man to being a difference maker there.

Chiefs4life24
12-23-2018, 09:10 AM
Im hoping with Watkins coming back we still see some playing time from Benjamin he is a dangerous weapon for us

Eydugstr
12-23-2018, 10:32 AM

You meant to say "hope", right?

Still have my reservations about Berry being a major difference, but hey I'll be happy to eat crow if KC wins a Lombardi. What Brd said was correct - Right now Berry is the best DB we have at this point.

Eydugstr
12-23-2018, 10:36 AM
Im hoping with Watkins coming back we still see some playing time from Benjamin he is a dangerous weapon for us

Watkins coming back will definitely be welcome news, and I'm really curious to see what Benjamin brings to the table because KC really hasn't had a big WR, and my hope is that he'll make a great target in the red zone.