PDA

View Full Version : I want this RB -- too good to pass up.

brdempsey69
12-25-2018, 03:37 PM
Here is a RB that may fall to them in round 2 & if he's available, the Chiefs must take him, as he is said to be a great character guy & brother is he ever EXPLOSIVE!! We need a replacement for Kareem Hunt (as well as DAT), and this guy fits the bill.

That would be Bryce Love, the Stanford RB, 5-10, 196 lbs. He fits the Chiefs Offense PERFECTLY, and he has blazing speed.

Here is his profile and a video of him. The video should have you licking your chops.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019BLove.php

I get that the Chiefs need Defense, but the need is also there for an explosive play-maker at RB, and I'm convinced that this guy is the best RB in the draft, as far as RB's that fit the Chiefs Offense. I'll be paying close attention to this guy at draft time.

Chiefs4life24
12-25-2018, 06:28 PM
I want them to draft Oklahoma's Rodney Anderson

brdempsey69
12-25-2018, 07:30 PM
I want them to draft Oklahoma's Rodney Anderson

Anderson is listed over here as a 4th rounder. Possible durability issues.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.php

Personally, I prefer Love's speed, as he's the fastest back in the draft. Another guy I prefer is a junior that has declared. Darrell Henderson of Memphis who ran for 1909 yards in 2018 & has good speed.

Seek
12-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Good Running backs can be found everywhere. We need corners, Safeties and linebackers. I would very irritated taking a Running back with a 2nd rounder.

brdempsey69
12-26-2018, 10:47 AM
Good Running backs can be found everywhere. We need corners, Safeties and linebackers. I would very irritated taking a Running back with a 2nd rounder.

Nobody cares about your feelings being hurt if a RB gets taken at the end of Round 2. Everybody is aware of our Defensive needs, Captain Obvious. The biggest need there is a new DC, as Sutton can't coach the Defenders that we already have (see Jordan Lucas being benched for no good reason, in favor of an ineffective Sorensen). What makes anyone think that he can coach any newcomers to the fold in 2019? Besides, they need at least one talented veteran in FA to add to their DB's. As for LB's, the current ones are being victimized by Sutton's poor scheming. With better coaching (especially in the area of TACKLING & DB's looking back for the ball), this current group might not be so problematic.

The need is also there to replace Kareem Hunt, as the Offense hasn't been the same without him. Opposing Defenses are stopping Williams at critical times, whereas they may not have stopped Hunt, plus the big plays Hunt provided are no longer there. Anybody who thinks Hunt's loss hasn't hurt the Chiefs is only kidding themselves.

Bryce Love is a great character guy with 4.3 speed & he fits Andy Reid's Offense and would be a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

Seek
12-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Nobody cares about your feelings being hurt if a RB gets taken at the end of Round 2. Everybody is aware of our Defensive needs, Captain Obvious. The biggest need there is a new DC, as Sutton can't coach the Defenders that we already have (see Jordan Lucas being benched for no good reason, in favor of an ineffective Sorensen). What makes anyone think that he can coach any newcomers to the fold in 2019? Besides, they need at least one talented veteran in FA to add to their DB's. As for LB's, the current ones are being victimized by Sutton's poor scheming. With better coaching (especially in the area of TACKLING & DB's looking back for the ball), this current group might not be so problematic.

The need is also there to replace Kareem Hunt, as the Offense hasn't been the same without him. Opposing Defenses are stopping Williams at critical times, whereas they may not have stopped Hunt, plus the big plays Hunt provided are no longer there. Anybody who thinks Hunt's loss hasn't hurt the Chiefs is only kidding themselves.

Bryce Love is a great character guy with 4.3 speed & he fits Andy Reid's Offense and would be a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

Well be prepared to be disappointed then. We Don't need a running back with the second round pick when there is clearly obvious holes over running back.... Effective running backs are found all through the draft and are available in FA because there is so many options. I mean the clear favorite based on National writers has Levon Bell coming to KC.... Phillip Lindsey was undrafted. K. Hunt was a 3rd rounder. James Conner was a 3rd rounder, Kamara was a 3rd rounder, on and on....

Spencer Ware 51 carries for 246 yards and a 4.8 yard per carry average.
D.Williams 39 carriers for 205 yards an a 5.3 yard per carr average
K. Hunt 181 carriers for 824 yards, and average of 4.6 yards per carry.

Based on the stats, the offense is running the ball better without Hunt.

Individually the D. Willams and S. Ware are behind Hunt in yards per catch but together they have more than doubled Hunts yards in just four games.

The biggest Drop off with our offense has been S. Watkins. Not Kareem Hunt.

brdempsey69
12-26-2018, 11:47 AM
Well be prepared to be disappointed then. We Don't need a running back with the second round pick when there is clearly obvious holes over running back.... Effective running backs are found all through the draft and are available in FA because there is so many options. I mean the clear favorite based on National writers has Levon Bell coming to KC.... Phillip Lindsey was undrafted. K. Hunt was a 3rd rounder. James Conner was a 3rd rounder, Kamara was a 3rd rounder, on and on....

Spencer Ware 51 carries for 246 yards and a 4.8 yard per carry average.
D.Williams 39 carriers for 205 yards an a 5.3 yard per carr average
K. Hunt 181 carriers for 824 yards, and average of 4.6 yards per carry.

Based on the stats, the offense is running the ball better without Hunt.

Individually the D. Willams and S. Ware are behind Hunt in yards per catch but together they have more than doubled Hunts yards in just four games.

The biggest Drop off with our offense has been S. Watkins. Not Kareem Hunt.

Opposing Defenses are willing to concede Ware and the Williams guys those yards in order to slow down the Chiefs passing game & quick scoring. They were not willing to do that with Hunt.

As far as stats go, you forgot the most important one of all..............points on the scoreboard. When Hunt was on the field (without Watkins), the Chiefs managed to put up 6 Offensive TD's against the Rams, but since then scoring has been reduced significantly. Therefore, your statement of "The biggest Drop off with our offense has been S. Watkins. Not Kareem Hunt" is pure BUNK. The biggest drop-off has been Hunt's absence, and only an idiot would think otherwise. Ware and the Williams guys are not home-run threats, whereas Hunt was.

As far as your statement of "Well be prepared to be disappointed then. We Don't need a running back with the second round pick when there is clearly obvious holes over running back" -- how do you know who they are going to take? ANSWER: You don't. What you think they need or don't need is irrelevant, as your analysis is laughable, anyways.

Seek
12-26-2018, 12:27 PM
Opposing Defenses are willing to concede Ware and the Williams guys those yards in order to slow down the Chiefs passing game & quick scoring. They were not willing to do that with Hunt.

As far as stats go, you forgot the most important one of all..............points on the scoreboard. When Hunt was on the field (without Watkins), the Chiefs managed to put up 6 Offensive TD's against the Rams, but since then scoring has been reduced significantly. Therefore, your statement of "The biggest Drop off with our offense has been S. Watkins. Not Kareem Hunt" is pure BUNK. The biggest drop-off has been Hunt's absence, and only an idiot would think otherwise. Ware and the Williams guys are not home-run threats, whereas Hunt was.

As far as your statement of "Well be prepared to be disappointed then. We Don't need a running back with the second round pick when there is clearly obvious holes over running back" -- how do you know who they are going to take? ANSWER: You don't. What you think they need or don't need is irrelevant, as your analysis is laughable, anyways.

Why are you being so negative towards me? Trying to run off the few left loyal people on this board. its working.

Seek
12-26-2018, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE= how do you know who they are going to take? ANSWER: You don't. What you think they need or don't need is irrelevant, as your analysis is laughable, anyways.[/QUOTE]

I would argue the same as you...You are irrelevant to what the Chiefs do just as is your opinion. The chiefs will address the running back outside of the draft or later in the draft, not in the top two rounds. We are losing because of the defense. Not the Running Back.. Spending a Second Rounder on a running BACK is absured and would be horrible management of the team. Thank goodness you don't run the team but rather cyber bully.

brdempsey69
12-26-2018, 01:16 PM
I would argue the same as you...You are irrelevant to what the Chiefs do just as is your opinion. The chiefs will address the running back outside of the draft or later in the draft, not in the top two rounds. We are losing because of the defense. Not the Running Back.. Spending a Second Rounder on a running BACK is absured and would be horrible management of the team. Thank goodness you don't run the team but rather cyber bully.

You have no way of knowing that, therefore that statement is pure BUNK. You're statement of "Spending a Second Rounder on a running BACK is absured and would be horrible management of the team." is also pure BUNK. I can go on and on with a list of teams -- including the Chiefs -- that have spent a 2nd round pick on a RB in previous drafts. Adding a potential dynamic playmaker at RB with one of two late 2nd round picks to replace one that has been lost, is not "horrible management", as you say. It's simply trying fill a need. Many posters at Arrowhead Addict concur that the need is becoming glaringly obvious over the past few weeks since Hunt's departure.

Nobody pointed a gun to your head and made you come in and start trolling this thread. It would have been one thing if you had said "I'd prefer a Defensive player, but I can understand trying to get a replacement for Hunt if they think the RB is that good", but instead you come across like you'd crap in your diaper if the Chiefs took a RB with one of those two late 2nd-round picks, as evidenced by your statement of "I would very irritated taking a Running back with a 2nd rounder". Chances are you might just get irritated. So what?

As for me, if they don't take a RB in round 2, it's not going to hurt me at all. I'll live with whoever they take -- same as you'll have to do. If the Chiefs don't find a dynamic RB to replace Hunt, it's going to hurt the Chiefs much more than it's going to hurt me or anyone else. In case you didn't notice, the Chiefs took all Defensive players except for their last selection in the 2018 draft and the results? Defense didn't improve, at all. Again, the 1st step towards fixing this Defense is a new DC and better coaching.

brdempsey69
12-26-2018, 01:40 PM

And one more thing. That statement of ""We are losing because of the Defense" isn't completely true. In the Rams game, 5 turnovers (2 defensive TD's and a third setting up a short field for a Rams Offensive TD) by the Offense contributed the most to that loss. In the 2nd LAC game, the Offense had the chance to seal the game at the end, but instead went 3 and out & gave the Chargers an opportunity they never should have had (and the Special Teams didn't help by giving them poor field position to start that series with the penalty).

And I never said I was relevant to what the Chiefs do, but guess what? You aren't, either.

Seek
12-26-2018, 02:05 PM
I dont have a problem with the chiefs picking a rb in the first round. just not with our needs glaring at us with who we have on the team. I read the kc star article where andy is very high on the William's kid we signed as undrafted rookie starting he has all the attributes he wants and he does not put a lot of stock into one running back because they get hurt often.

so to your need of Bryce love. no thank you specially not a rb who is projected to be a 3rd down back at best. a 20 or less carry rb and one who needs to work on catching the ball away from his body instead of cradling it. one who has been described as a poor blocker because his size is too small and gets destroyed by bigger line backers, whose only real attributes is his speed. definatley not worth a second round pick but what do I know. your the guru with all the answers.

yes there is a need for a rb...and the draft is the best place for that given our signing needs and cap... but it's a luxary priority over defensive needs.... using a second round pick on a rb this year just ignores the real problem.

with that... I've enjoyed it here but you rubbed me wrong and I apologize if I did to you. it was not my intent it I never once attacked you but you attacked me so with that.. enjoy this dying site... you are doing great killing it more.

brdempsey69
12-26-2018, 02:50 PM
I dont have a problem with the chiefs picking a rb in the first round. just not with our needs glaring at us with who we have on the team. I read the kc star article where andy is very high on the William's kid we signed as undrafted rookie starting he has all the attributes he wants and he does not put a lot of stock into one running back because they get hurt often.

so to your need of Bryce love. no thank you specially not a rb who is projected to be a 3rd down back at best. a 20 or less carry rb and one who needs to work on catching the ball away from his body instead of cradling it. one who has been described as a poor blocker because his size is too small and gets destroyed by bigger line backers, whose only real attributes is his speed. definatley not worth a second round pick but what do I know. your the guru with all the answers.

yes there is a need for a rb...and the draft is the best place for that given our signing needs and cap... but it's a luxary priority over defensive needs.... using a second round pick on a rb this year just ignores the real problem.

with that... I've enjoyed it here but you rubbed me wrong and I apologize if I did to you. it was not my intent it I never once attacked you but you attacked me so with that.. enjoy this dying site... you are doing great killing it more.

Who said anything about taking a RB in Round 1? My initial post clearly said ROUND 2. If you are sincerely wondering why I refer to your analysis as laughable, well there is your answer.

Again, your analysis is LAUGHABLE. If Love was only a "projected 3rd down back", as you say, then Charlie Campbell wouldn't mock draft him to the Chiefs, as he does here: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie_2.php . It may be true that his blocking skills need work, but that's something that is coachable.

I never said they needed Bryce Love and only Bryce Love. I did make mention of Darrell Henderson of Memphis & never said that C4L's choice of Rodney Anderson was a bad one. You are ripping things out of context, as I've seen you do countless times before.

You keep talking about Defensive needs, but never address the big elephant in the room, which is the DC, which is where they need to start & has nothing to do with the draft. That's a coaching change that is needed & then they can proceed with acquiring players to try to shore up this Defense. That is the real problem -- COACHING.

As for "killing this site", that too, is pure BUNK. It's your analysis here in this thread that is being killed. When I started this thread, I suspected that you would chime in with something foolish, instead of something credible or constructive & sure enough, you did with the arm-chair GM drivel of "I'd be irritated if they take a RB with a 2nd round". Got news for you -- many teams have done that in the past & it is a possibility that the Chiefs could do it in 2019, regardless of how much you may dislike it. And it's not a "luxury priority", as you say, unless the Chiefs bring Hunt back -- then it becomes a luxury.

brdempsey69
12-26-2018, 03:16 PM
I will also add that I like Alex Barnes of Kansas State and he might be available in Round 3 or 4. Big back who can be an every down back.

What say you to him C4L?

Seek
12-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Who said anything about taking a RB in Round 1? My initial post clearly said ROUND 2. If you are sincerely wondering why I refer to your analysis as laughable, well there is your answer.

Again, your analysis is LAUGHABLE. If Love was only a "projected 3rd down back", as you say, then Charlie Campbell wouldn't mock draft him to the Chiefs, as he does here: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie_2.php . It may be true that his blocking skills need work, but that's something that is coachable.

I never said they needed Bryce Love and only Bryce Love. I did make mention of Darrell Henderson of Memphis & never said that C4L's choice of Rodney Anderson was a bad one. You are ripping things out of context, as I've seen you do countless times before.

You keep talking about Defensive needs, but never address the big elephant in the room, which is the DC, which is where they need to start & has nothing to do with the draft. That's a coaching change that is needed & then they can proceed with acquiring players to try to shore up this Defense. That is the real problem -- COACHING.

As for "killing this site", that too, is pure BUNK. It's your analysis here in this thread that is being killed. When I started this thread, I suspected that you would chime in with something foolish, instead of something credible or constructive & sure enough, you did with the arm-chair GM drivel of "I'd be irritated if they take a RB with a 2nd round". Got news for you -- many teams have done that in the past & it is a possibility that the Chiefs could do it in 2019, regardless of how much you may dislike it. And it's not a "luxury priority", as you say, unless the Chiefs bring Hunt back -- then it becomes a luxury.

I am sorry if I offend you, but you are taking things way out of context to make your own argument laughable.

1. I mentioned that I don't care if the Chiefs take a RB in the 1st round, because I do value the position. While you never stated that, you did make it sound like I was saying that drafting a QB in the first two rounds is not plausible. I don't feel that way. I just do feel that way with this up coming draft given our needs

2. I did Address the Elephant in the room. We need a new DC... That sounds very unlikely, thus the need for better players in crucial positions that were ignored in the last draft until later rounds when the value was lower. Thus my issue with taking a RB in the 2nd. I value corner, LB and safety over RB. There was times Sutton made the right play but the defense just failed to execute. Assuming coaching will just fix it, is ignoring a big part of the problem and trying to fix it by covering it up with a better offense.

3. The whole thread was started about too good to pass up with Bryce Love in Round two... So yes!!! this is about Bryce Love in the 2nd round. Which would irritate me. Unlike the Drama you made it out to be. I will get over it, and support him. I just ask that he not wear 27.

4. At no point did I say anything about Henderson or Anderson so it is you ripping it out of context. I think running back in the 3rd round is the sweet spot.

5. So to defend the defense - you are using a game in which Hunt still played in against the Rams, making your own argument for a RB a need over defensive help contradicting. Yes we drafted all Defense this year and still stink...

Again, I am sorry I offended you, apparently many times before. That being said, I have been a member here for long time. I don't intend to leave. I will try to temper my words more closely for you, as I am actually a very agreeable with most people. If you can't agree to be civil. So be it.

Seek
12-26-2018, 04:33 PM
And I take very little from a MOCK board who still has the Chiefs Drafting a DE right before Love, because Dee Ford is a disappointment on his last year and Houston has a big contract. To me, they did little research on the Chiefs and just said, Hey a RB would fit here because they lost Hunt. Just as the same national writers Think L. Bell would be a landing spot for this team, which will never happen because of contracts alone

Seek
12-26-2018, 04:36 PM
And I don't want to discredit Love. I think he would be a great addition to the Chiefs. I just don't value him as a 2nd. From everything I have read, and all the negative scouting reports on him. His reports sound identical to Jamal Charles.

brdempsey69
12-27-2018, 02:55 AM
I am sorry if I offend you, but you are taking things way out of context to make your own argument laughable.

1. I mentioned that I don't care if the Chiefs take a RB in the 1st round, because I do value the position. While you never stated that, you did make it sound like I was saying that drafting a QB in the first two rounds is not plausible. I don't feel that way. I just do feel that way with this up coming draft given our needs

2. I did Address the Elephant in the room. We need a new DC... That sounds very unlikely, thus the need for better players in crucial positions that were ignored in the last draft until later rounds when the value was lower. Thus my issue with taking a RB in the 2nd. I value corner, LB and safety over RB. There was times Sutton made the right play but the defense just failed to execute. Assuming coaching will just fix it, is ignoring a big part of the problem and trying to fix it by covering it up with a better offense.

3. The whole thread was started about too good to pass up with Bryce Love in Round two... So yes!!! this is about Bryce Love in the 2nd round. Which would irritate me. Unlike the Drama you made it out to be. I will get over it, and support him. I just ask that he not wear 27.

4. At no point did I say anything about Henderson or Anderson so it is you ripping it out of context. I think running back in the 3rd round is the sweet spot.

5. So to defend the defense - you are using a game in which Hunt still played in against the Rams, making your own argument for a RB a need over defensive help contradicting. Yes we drafted all Defense this year and still stink...

Again, I am sorry I offended you, apparently many times before. That being said, I have been a member here for long time. I don't intend to leave. I will try to temper my words more closely for you, as I am actually a very agreeable with most people. If you can't agree to be civil. So be it.

My argument isn't laughable, because you haven't really refuted it, as any objective observer can can easily see.

1. You say you'd be irritated if the Chiefs take a RB in round 2, then turn around and say you wouldn't care if the Chiefs take a RB in round 1. Think about what you saying there & how senseless that comes across. Personally, I'd rather have the best DB available in round 1.

2. No, you didn't. You never mentioned anything about a DC, until I pointed it out. And I don't value CB, S, and LB over RB. I value all of them along side one another, as that is what this team needs. I will point out that the RB is likely to make the quicker & bigger impact than any of the other three. Don't believe it? See 2017 season opener at NE, and that's not the only case.

3. If Love has a good combine and personal workout & passes all the tests, then I think he is too good to pass up at the end of round 2, assuming he isn't already gone by then, as he's a proven game-breaker and the Chiefs will not have that in their backfield going into the 2019 unless they draft it (or else they bring Hunt back, but there isn't any indication as of yet that is going to happen). You cannot coach 4.3 speed. You can coach all the other things. See my point in statement 2 about a RB being more likely to make an instant impact than the other positions mentioned. You say you would be irritated about taking a RB in round 2, which is silly when they have 2 (two) 2nd-round picks, plus they can draft Defensive players with all their other draft picks, if they want to.

4. What you saying there is pointless. I'm the one that made mention of Henderson and Anderson. Whether you said anything about them is irrelevant.

5. Pure BUNK. I pointed out the Defense wasn't the only reason for the teams losses, in the Rams and LAC games, as you were suggesting. Come to think of it, the two fumbles by the Offense didn't help matters in the Seattle game. And there is no contradiction, as your statement of "making your own argument for a RB a need over defensive help contradicting" tries to suggest. Again, ripping things out of context. Anyone with any common sense and logic would know I am suggesting taking a RB in ADDITION to Defensive help, not OVER Defensive help, as you are suggesting (the Chiefs do have more than one draft pick in the 2019 draft, last time anybody checked.)

As for being a member here for a long time -- so what? That has no more meaning to me than if you carry lunch to work every day packed inside a Donald Duck lunchbox, because it doesn't make everything you say correct and valid. I've been a long-time member too -- so what?

As for Mock drafts, it doesn't matter if you or anyone else puts any stock into it. What matters is whether or not what they are suggesting makes sense, and yes, finding a replacement for Kareem Hunt does make sense.

Seek
12-27-2018, 07:34 AM
you are just so high on yourself you complete ignore most of my statements to completely debunk nothing but your own self gratification ot thinking you are putting me in my place over nothing. everything you have debunked me on is your opinion and proved nothing. just point one alone, I said I do value a rb in rounds one, JUST not this year... yet you keep leaving that out to call it laughable.

point 4 is pointless... you used them to debunk something about me I never said.. you brought them in to this to make my point laughable.... your making that up.

if the chiefs address the secondary issues either in free agency or trades... then taking a running back in round two is plausible, assuming he is the full package. Scouting reports I have read question thst he is, but as I stated so did Jamal Charles scouting report so who knows.

i was looking for a civil agreement as you clearly have an Issue with me. I didnt any issues with you until now. as a long time member iness trying to respect you and think about my lost before setting you off. instead you made up more babble and opinions to debunk nothing and are trying to push me out... I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on everything going forward. since I'm so stupid and your the all knowing.

Chiefs4life24
12-27-2018, 08:35 AM
Guys come on be nice please this is supposed to be a place of calm discussions and peace talk it out calmly please you 2 are both important to this board and i dont want to see either of you leave because of a stupid argument, also please refrain from putdowns and namecalling

Seek
12-27-2018, 08:36 AM
I will also add that I like Alex Barnes of Kansas State and he might be available in Round 3 or 4. Big back who can be an every down back.

What say you to him C4L?

Is he the home run hitter you are so instant on, or his he another Spencer Ware. Sounds like you are contradicting yourself here.

Seek
12-27-2018, 08:43 AM
Guys come on be nice please this is supposed to be a place of calm discussions and peace talk it out calmly please you 2 are both important to this board and i dont want to see either of you leave because of a stupid argument, also please refrain from putdowns and namecalling

I agree, and asked him to do the same. However, I won't back down to a cyber bully, as he took to the insulting and I tried to take the higher road.

brdempsey69
12-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Is he the home run hitter you are so instant on, or his he another Spencer Ware. Sounds like you are contradicting yourself here.

That question was directed at C4L, as to what HE thinks of this particular player, not you. Again, ripping things out of context. Go find your own answers.

I agree, and asked him to do the same. However, I won't back down to a cyber bully, as he took to the insulting and I tried to take the higher road.

You can yammer on all you want to. I'm always in need of a good laugh. It's not cyber-bullying, as you say, it is simply making germane points that you can't answer directly or refute.

you are just so high on yourself you complete ignore most of my statements to completely debunk nothing but your own self gratification ot thinking you are putting me in my place over nothing. everything you have debunked me on is your opinion and proved nothing. just point one alone, I said I do value a rb in rounds one, JUST not this year... yet you keep leaving that out to call it laughable.

point 4 is pointless... you used them to debunk something about me I never said.. you brought them in to this to make my point laughable.... your making that up.

if the chiefs address the secondary issues either in free agency or trades... then taking a running back in round two is plausible, assuming he is the full package. Scouting reports I have read question thst he is, but as I stated so did Jamal Charles scouting report so who knows.

i was looking for a civil agreement as you clearly have an Issue with me. I didnt any issues with you until now. as a long time member iness trying to respect you and think about my lost before setting you off. instead you made up more babble and opinions to debunk nothing and are trying to push me out... I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on everything going forward. since I'm so stupid and your the all knowing.

That's just pure sophistry & only proves what I'm saying, as your dodging the germane points that I'm making and it doesn't matter what excuses you make for it. As far as "babbling" goes, that is coming exclusively from your end, as can be seen by this quote of yours & all your other posts, and that's all you've been doing in this thread right from the get-go. You say you be irritated if the Chiefs take a RB in round 2, and my point is nobody cares about your hurt feelings if what I suggested comes to pass. Nobody cares if your bladder & bowels empty right on the spot, if the Chiefs take a RB in round 2. Don't tell me about your feelings, because I'm not interested, but instead provide some sound reasoning (which you haven't, as of yet).

As far as taking a RB in round 1 "JUST not this year", I left out NOTHING, because you never used those words in any of your previous posts & it's moot, anyways. And that's because it doesn't answer my point (question) about why would you have a problem with taking a RB in round 2, when they have 2(two) 2nd round picks, plus all their other picks to go for Defensive players if they want to? That's just plain silly.

As I pointed out before, if you had just stayed on topic with the discussion about drafting a RB and kept it along the lines of something like "I prefer this RB in this round" instead of stating that you'd be irritated if the Chiefs took a RB in round 2, I would have no problem with that, but instead you come across like I'm supposed to care about your hurt feelings if that happens, therefore it became necessary to point out to you that I DON'T.

You make it sound like it is etched in stone that the Chiefs must go with all Defensive players with all their top draft picks in the 2019 draft. I call BS on that, because that's really what it is -- BS. Three of the 4 top draft picks spent on Defensive players is more than sufficient. Besides, the first step towards fixing this Defense is a new DC, and unless that happens, then drafting Defensive players up the wazzoo isn't likely to fix anything because they won't have the coaching that they need.

As for Bryce Love, I would not be surprised if he isn't there at the end of Round 2, but if he is there, I see no reason not to take him. But let's say for the moment he does fall and the Chiefs pass on him in round 2, my feelings aren't going to be hurt, I'd just simply believe that it's a mistake, because guess who is picking at #66 at the top of round 3. That's right, the Raiders and I do not doubt that Gruden would consider taking Love at that spot, if he's available (see Stanford FB Jon Ritchie, taken in round 3 in 1998 in Gruden's first draft ever in his HC career) & now the Chiefs are stuck with facing a guy twice a year that they could have drafted.

Seek
12-27-2018, 05:43 PM
That question was directed at C4L, as to what HE thinks of this particular player, not you. Again, ripping things out of context. Go find your own answers.

That was immature of me. You called me a Troll so I was going to start Trolling you specially since you supported my opinion.

I truthfully ignored the rest of your post. I could care less anymore.

That being said, I am done taking that immature path. I just hope you can too!! I will do as I said and try to be civil. I know nothing of Love. I just want the defense fixed before spending higher picks on more offense, but if you can tell me Bryce Love is potentially Leshawn McCoy. I would be dumb to hate the pick. I would be skeptical at first then over joyed with the pick as he proved himself. He is on the small side, but he is the same size as Phillip Lindsay who has had a decent year.

brdempsey69
12-27-2018, 06:19 PM
That was immature of me. You called me a Troll so I was going to start Trolling you specially since you supported my opinion.

I truthfully ignored the rest of your post. I could care less anymore.

That being said, I am done taking that immature path. I just hope you can too!! I will do as I said and try to be civil. I know nothing of Love. I just want the defense fixed before spending higher picks on more offense, but if you can tell me Bryce Love is potentially Leshawn McCoy. I would be dumb to hate the pick. I would be skeptical at first then over joyed with the pick as he proved himself. He is on the small side, but he is the same size as Phillip Lindsay who has had a decent year.

Very well. Let me start by saying that you are not wrong about wanting Defensive players drafted. No, we all want to see that, however with that, we can't get around the reality that the Chiefs could use an explosive play-maker at RB.

We can't get around the fact that Hunt's departure has hurt them, as he really was the perfect RB for Andy Reid's Offense -- hence why Hunt was getting most of the reps, as he was durable and he didn't fumble, plus was a home-run threat. I do not believe Love could fully replace Hunt in those regards, but he can be used in tandem with another RB, plus also be used in the role that DAT was used in prior to DAT's season-ending injury. And Love certainly has DAT's speed, but a little bit better size to where he can be used as a regular RB more frequently than DAT ever was.

Watch the video of Love provided in the link I posted. You'll clearly see that if you get him the ball in open space -- he's gone. It is not likely that DAT or Hunt will be returning in 2019. Love can't completely fill the void of both these players, but he can fill the voids to some degree & that to me, provides good value. You do remember Dexter McCluster being taken at pick #36 towards the top of the 2nd round of the 2010 draft, don't you? In this scenario, we are talking about a potentially better & more dynamic player than McCluster being taken at the end of round 2 (assuming he is available & he does good at the combine & passes all the other tests), with the opportunity to go all-out for Defensive players with all their other draft picks.

JPPT1974
12-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Wonder if the Chiefs hurt not having a star RB. But glad they cut Hunt. As he would had been trouble all around. But need to draft someone not just a great RB but a great off the field person.

brdempsey69
12-27-2018, 06:48 PM
Wonder if the Chiefs hurt not having a star RB. But glad they cut Hunt. As he would had been trouble all around. But need to draft someone not just a great RB but a great off the field person.

Please read my previous post & watch the video provided in the original post. Bryce Love is said to be a great character guy. After the Hunt fiasco, the Chiefs most likely won't be looking at any more players that have any red flags.

Seek
12-27-2018, 10:26 PM
I was fine until you brought mccluster into it. he fell down when the wind blew.

brdempsey69
12-27-2018, 10:34 PM
Well with Damien Williams being signed to a two-year extension, the whole thing may be rendered academic. Could now very well be nothing but Defensive players taken in the 2019 draft.

Chiefster
12-27-2018, 10:59 PM
Good to see you both take the high road in the end here and engage in a robust, respectful commentary and debate.

brdempsey69
12-28-2018, 12:00 AM
Just discovered the Chiefs do not have a 4th rounder in 2019, as they had traded it for Raglund. Won't be any RB taken in round 4, unless the Chiefs acquire a 4th rounder somehow via a trade.

Chiefs4life24
12-28-2018, 05:38 PM
The thing about Barnes is I dont know if he is big enough to play RB in the NFL, his long term durability would be a big question mark for me and I think he would be better served swithing to a slot reciever role

brdempsey69
12-28-2018, 07:00 PM
The thing about Barnes is I dont know if he is big enough to play RB in the NFL, his long term durability would be a big question mark for me and I think he would be better served swithing to a slot reciever role

Alex Barnes is listed at 6-1, 227 lbs & as far as I know, there are no durability issues with him. If you are talking about Love, he's listed as 5-10, and 196 lbs and long-term durability would be a question mark in the case of Love.

But with Damien Williams being extended for two more years, I don't anticipate a RB being taken in the top 3 rounds by KC. They don't have a 4th rounder in 2019, but might be able to land a 5th round diamond-in-the-rough at the RB position. We can only hope.

But, at the end of the day, I wish the Kareem Hunt scenario had never happened. Without him, drives are stalling more frequently, more FG attempts are being tried, and less TD's are being scored.

brdempsey69
01-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Okay, let me revise this & hope it makes everybody happy.

Let's go Defense with the top 3 picks, but if either Bryce Love or Trayveon Williams (if he declares & I think he will) is there at pick #94 in round 3, then why not take one of those two?

Either one can add an explosive element to the Chiefs backfield.

Eydugstr
01-03-2019, 06:58 PM
https://youtu.be/hHB4CtEp-ZQ

Out of the running backs I've seen so far, he's the one that reminds me the most of Hunt.

While I'm definitely in the camp of "We need db's", it's logical to think that Reid or Veach will look at Hunt's departure as a spot to fill on the roster next draft.

What I'd love to see at RB would be a hybrid of what we had with Christian Okoye & Kareem Hunt, somebody that would have Okoye's ability to move the opposing D line back late in games, but still have Hunt's moves and ability to hang onto the ball.

brdempsey69
01-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Out of the running backs I've seen so far, he's the one that reminds me the most of Hunt.

While I'm definitely in the camp of "We need db's", it's logical to think that Reid or Veach will look at Hunt's departure as a spot to fill on the roster next draft.

What I'd love to see at RB would be a hybrid of what we had with Christian Okoye & Kareem Hunt, somebody that would have Okoye's ability to move the opposing D line back late in games, but still have Hunt's moves and ability to hang onto the ball.

That would be this guy if he declares. Kansas State RB Alex Barnes 6-1 and 227 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg4bfYq6CGY

brdempsey69
01-04-2019, 06:42 PM
I'll sidetrack here and present to you a possible CB candidate with the Chiefs TOP draft pick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=bPq5jA_Qayc

Amani Oruwariye , CB, Penn State 6-1, 203 lbs

Right now projected as a possible late 1st rounder or early 2nd-rounder.

Chiefs4life24
01-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Ive seen him play on tv and he is very good, ive given up on trying to get Greedy Williams, it would cost to much to move up in the first round to get him.

Here are some stats on Oruwariye

* indicates bowl stats included

|

Year

*2015 (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015.html)

*2016 (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2016.html)

*2017 (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2017.html)

*2018 (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2018.html)

Career

Tackles
Def Int
Fumbles

Year
School
Conf
Class
Pos
G
Solo
Ast
Tot
Loss
Sk
Int
Yds
Avg
TD
PD
FR
Yds
TD
FF

*2015 (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015.html)
Penn State (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/penn-state/2015.html)
Big Ten (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-ten/2015.html)
FR
CB

*2016 (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2016.html)
Penn State (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/penn-state/2016.html)
Big Ten (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-ten/2016.html)
SO
CB

*2017 (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2017.html)
Penn State (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/penn-state/2017.html)
Big Ten (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-ten/2017.html)
JR
CB

*2018 (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2018.html)
Penn State (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/penn-state/2018.html)
Big Ten (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-ten/2018.html)
SR
CB

Career
Penn State (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/penn-state/)

brdempsey69
01-04-2019, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info, C4L. This is a player that they may be able to pick up by trading down into the top of round 2 (same as they did with Chris Jones in 2016).

Seek
01-05-2019, 06:20 PM
he seems to be very aware of where the ball is. something our current secondary lacks.

Chiefs4life24
01-08-2019, 12:03 AM
One mock I just read has us drafting who they call the best RB in the draft Alabama's Josh Jacobs

jason1981
01-08-2019, 01:14 AM
One mock I just read has us drafting who they call the best RB in the draft Alabama's Josh Jacobs

Honestly i dont really have that much faith in our drafting. Our last 2 high picks have been flops. Speaks and kass whos been inactive the past few games who to me is better then speaks. I really dont see any talent in speaks. Hes slow. I think we might land S Earl Thomas durimg free agency and we cut or trade berry. But when it comes to drafting im not all that impressed when it comes to drafting defense i should say. We should dradt heavy on cb and safety. Also i want them to start lucas and ward rest of the playoffs. Lets keep the faster more energetic young okayers on the field. Id like to see cb smith to get more playing time as well. Smith is faster than ward amd should be able to stick with the faster receivers better.

brdempsey69
01-08-2019, 01:33 AM
Honestly i dont really have that much faith in our drafting. Our last 2 high picks have been flops. Speaks and kass whos been inactive the past few games who to me is better then speaks. I really dont see any talent in speaks. Hes slow. I think we might land S Earl Thomas durimg free agency and we cut or trade berry. But when it comes to drafting im not all that impressed when it comes to drafting defense i should say. We should dradt heavy on cb and safety. Also i want them to start lucas and ward rest of the playoffs. Lets keep the faster more energetic young okayers on the field. Id like to see cb smith to get more playing time as well. Smith is faster than ward amd should be able to stick with the faster receivers better.

Agreed about Lucas and Ward. Lucas is better than either Parker or Murray (who has disappointed) and Ward is probably better than Scandrick, as Ward may develop into a good player with a bright future, whereas Scandrick was just a stop-gap measure & will probably be gone after this season.

As for K-Pass, he needs more playing time, but for unknown reasons isn't getting it. As for Speaks, he's strictly an up the field player & it is very grievous to see Sutton try to have him drop back into coverage, as that is not his game.

Speaking of Sutton, he better be ready to use his players correctly & make adjustments for this game against Indy.