PDA

View Full Version : Oakland hired Mike Mayock as GM. AFC just got tougher.

jason1981
01-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Im suprised no one has posted anything yet about this. Iv felt for years Mayock would be a great GM but hate to see him cime to our division. I think Mayock and Gruden is a great pairing. Also just gave Oakland a great insight to the draft cuz im sure he is up on all the film of all players in the draft and possibly next years. So basically Oakland just got a huge insight or head start on profiling players. I know teams have scouting people but Mayock lived for scouting and sure he's studied them all from the day after last years draft. Plus Oakland has 3 1st rnd picks so Mayock makes it more likely they will all be smart picks. Just think our division just got tougher.

brdempsey69
01-01-2019, 01:26 AM
Thanks for this bit of info, jason1981. Everything you said is spot on.

Mayock should work well with Gruden & they'll most likely make good selections. I never dreamed that Mayock, of all people, would become the Raiders GM, but I believe it's a good move for the Raiders to give him that chance. The Raiders were once THE hated rival in the AFC West, but that changed due to the Turd Elway & the Donkeys factor. After the 2015 debacle, I hope the Donkeys become bottom-feeder for the next century in the AFC West. The Raiders, however, will be coming back to challenge very soon, I predict.

jason1981
01-01-2019, 02:13 AM
I think the next 3 years raiders will draft good cuz i think Mayock has even has info on sophomores and maybe freshmen. So until his current knowledge of players runs out he will atleast be good. I think he will be more time restrained feom studying new players due to management stuff and free agency and stuff. It would all depend on his make up of his scouting department setup. Which his biggest pet pee he said when he visited teams over the years were when hed talk to coaches and also their scouting people they weren't all on the same page. So i think he will run a tight ship thats on the same page as the coaches and the system they run.

brdempsey69
01-02-2019, 01:02 PM
My biggest fear is that Mayock may have an interest in Kareem Hunt & be willing to give Hunt a 2nd chance. That would not be a good thing having to face Kareem Hunt twice a year.

jason1981
01-02-2019, 05:28 PM
I dont think Hunt will be allowed to play next year.

Chiefs4life24
01-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Yeah last i heard he will miss at best half the season if he is lucky

matthewschiefs
01-02-2019, 10:38 PM
Mayock has 0 experience running an NFL team.

This could work out really well. Or it could be a total disaster time will tell.

If any team was going to pull this I'm not surprised this is the team

jason1981
01-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Mayock has 0 experience running an NFL team.

This could work out really well. Or it could be a total disaster time will tell.

If any team was going to pull this I'm not surprised this is the team

The only think is management the cap. But I really dont see mayock haven any trouble in his 1st 3 years. Also i bet he still has all his ild scouting reports on all free agents and will use it to see i it fits Grudens system. He has alot of info of players in the nfl now and next 3 years in college. Again salary cap management will be his biggest challenge.