PDA

View Full Version : ***Our Next Victim: In Game Discussion Thread***

TopekaRoy
01-13-2019, 11:38 AM
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/sites/csnne/files/styles/article_hero_image/public/2019/01/06/oc_chargers1546561915056_7000k_1920x1080_141942483 5627.jpg?itok=80JXLNJt

Sunday, January 13 at 12:05PM

Gillette Stadium
Foxboro, Massachusetts.

TopekaRoy
01-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Who do you want to see come to Arrowhead?

Who do you think will win?

I would like to get a rematch with the Chargers because that loss is so fresh in our memories, but I think they have played over their heads this year and the home field advantage and and cold weather will be too much for a Southern California team with no playoff experience to overcome. So I'm picking the Pats in a shootout.

Eydugstr
01-13-2019, 11:58 AM
Who do you want to see come to Arrowhead?

Who do you think will win?

I would like to get a rematch with the Chargers because that loss is so fresh in our memories, but I think they have played over their heads this year and the home field advantage and and cold weather will be too much for a Southern California team with no playoff experience to overcome. So I'm picking the Pats in a shootout.

Think this one could go either way, which should make for a good game.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 12:02 PM
The Pats are still the reigning AFC Champs & I want another shot at them, so I'm picking the Pats.

Justin5772002
01-13-2019, 12:31 PM
I’ve got Charger fan family and I hate the pats. I want redemption with the Chargers. Let’s go chargers

matthewschiefs
01-13-2019, 01:14 PM
I want the Pats. I want to be the ones to finish their ERA off and start the CHIEFS ERA of Mahomes

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 01:18 PM
Pats get on the board first.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Chargers have tied it up.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Pats strike back quickly & retake the lead.

TopekaRoy
01-13-2019, 01:46 PM
So far this is about what I expected. Pats pretty much in control but Chargers Making some big plays here and there.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 01:49 PM
I looked at the Pats record & they were unbeaten at home this year. But, they were 3-5 on the road this year & had some real struggles on the road. It was critical for the Chiefs to get the #1 seed & get another chance at the Pats, this time in their own back yard at Arrowhead.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 01:55 PM
It is now 21-7 in favor of the Pats. Chargers Defense does not look like they were ready for today's game.

Chiefs Defense will have to be ready next week.

Eydugstr
01-13-2019, 02:04 PM
So far Patriots D holding up

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 02:08 PM
So far Patriots D holding up

They generally do hold up well at home, but they've had some struggles on the road & even at home in Foxboro the Chiefs still put up 40 points on them.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 02:13 PM
It is now 28-7 in favor of the Pats. Chargers had better wake up on Defense, as they are getting their heads handed to them.

TopekaRoy
01-13-2019, 02:13 PM
28-7 Pats. That should just about do it. I think I'm gonna take a nap!

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 02:17 PM
28-7 Pats. That should just about do it. I think I'm gonna take a nap!

I won't count the Chargers out of it just yet, as they have been a great 2nd-half team all season. But they better get it together very quickly or it's going to be a long day.

TopekaRoy
01-13-2019, 02:24 PM
I won't count the Chargers out of it just yet, as they have been a great 2nd-half team all season. But they better get it together very quickly or it's going to be a long day.

I'm keeping the game on. I'm gonna do that thing were I nap on the couch and listen to the game. If it sounds like it's getting exciting before I fall asleep I'll get up and watch it again.

For some strange reason I only slept for about 2 1/2 hours last night and I've been up since 12:30 this morning.

jason1981
01-13-2019, 02:25 PM

Its perty much over. If you think the Pats would give up 21 point lead you must really hope Pats cave in second half and do something they dont do.

Il admit im a Brady fan and think he's the Goat but if Mahomes wants to be that man he has to beat the man. Also i think Chiefs match up better against the Pats then the Chargers.

But it would be very uncharacteristic for the Pats to give up this lead and cave in second half.

matthewschiefs
01-13-2019, 02:34 PM
So we get the Pats next week

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 02:35 PM
It's now 35-7 in favor of the Pats. The Chargers have completely collapsed, thus far, and looking like they already packed it in & are heading home for the off-season.

Its perty much over. If you think the Pats would give up 21 point lead you must really hope Pats cave in second half and do something they dont do.

Il admit im a Brady fan and think he's the Goat but if Mahomes wants to be that man he has to beat the man. Also i think Chiefs match up better against the Pats then the Chargers.

But it would be very uncharacteristic for the Pats to give up this lead and cave in second half.

Oh no. I WANT the Pats next week. It's time for a passing of the torch & next Sunday at Arrowhead is the perfect stage for it.

matthewschiefs
01-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Already seeing media people talk about how we don't want the Pats

These people said the same thing about the Colts a week ago :)

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 03:05 PM
Already seeing media people talk about how we don't want the Pats

These people said the same thing about the Colts a week ago :)

Well, those media people are full of s**t. We do want the Pats, and they were just outhouse lucky in that Sunday Night game that they won 43-40. This time will be different, next Sunday.

Matt, you may want to get your pre-game thread against the Pats started. I know that I'll have a LOT to say about it.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 03:31 PM
I hope the Pats are favored going into next week's game. The stage will be perfectly set.

TopekaRoy
01-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Well, the Chargers made the score look respectable in the end but couldn't dig themselves out of that huge first half hole. 41-28. Now we get the chance to avenge our regular season loss against the Patriots.

Eagles get an interception on the first play of the game and the Nick Foles Magic continues. He just threw a 37 yd TD pass and the Eagles lead 7-0!

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Well, the Chargers made the score look respectable in the end but couldn't dig themselves out of that huge first half hole. 41-28. Now we get the chance to avenge our regular season loss loss against the Patriots.

Eagles get an interception on the first play of the game and the Nick Foles Magic continues. He just threw a 37 yd TD pass and the Eagles lead 7-0!

The Chargers just collapsed in the 1st half of that game & the score got out of hand. Pretty much the same as when the Chiefs fell behind 24-9 in that game at Foxboro. The Chiefs CANNOT let that happen this time around.

As for the Eagles -- Saints, this ain't the same Philly team that the Saints lambasted in the regular season. They are going to bring it in this game.

jason1981
01-13-2019, 05:13 PM
The Chargers just collapsed in the 1st half of that game & the score got out of hand. Pretty much the same as when the Chiefs fell behind 24-9 in that game at Foxboro. The Chiefs CANNOT let that happen this time around.

As for the Eagles -- Saints, this ain't the same Philly team that the Saints lambasted in the regular season. They are going to bring it in this game.

Remember im the one who called for philly to upset the saints. So far im 3-0 and will be 4-0 if philly ends up upsetting saints.

Now i have to think who id pick if its philly and rams. Me personally would think its easier to beat the eagles than the rams. But i dont have a gut feeling about philly against rams like iv had these past two weeks.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 05:51 PM
Saints have closed the gap to 14-7.

jason1981
01-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Saints have closed the gap to 14-7.

Yeah it looks like saint mught pull it off but this play by saints wont win against rams.

brdempsey69
01-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Looks like the Saints held on to win this game. Down to the final four. On to the Conference championships.

TopekaRoy
01-13-2019, 08:07 PM
The sad thing is, I think the Bears would have beaten the Saints today. And they should have beaten the Eagles. Most NFL kickers make a 43 yd FG most of the time and Parkey DID make it the first time, but it didn't count. We were SO close to being one week away from a potential Chiefs-Bears Super Bowl.

matthewschiefs
01-13-2019, 08:14 PM
The sad thing is, I think the Bears would have beaten the Saints today. And they should have beaten the Eagles. Most NFL kickers make a 43 yd FG most of the time and Parkey DID make it the first time, but it didn't count. We were SO close to being one week away from a potential Chiefs-Bears Super Bowl.

The Bears choked

Alson is a former bear and he choked

Coincidence I think not :)

jason1981
01-13-2019, 08:26 PM
The Bears choked

That is a scary coincidence. Man im glad im not him tonight. He prolly has all of philly ripping him a knew one tonight and im sure he feels like he let the team down. But then again its not his fault that philly went scoreless for 3 guarters. I mean it was one play that changed the game but it should have never gotten to one play.

TopekaRoy
01-13-2019, 08:28 PM
The Bears choked

The Bears didn't choke. Parkey did.

The Bears engineered a masterful 57 second scoring drive and put the team in position to win.

Alshon had the most catches for the most yards on the Eagles today. But if he choked, that is why he is not a Bear anymore. And it is why Parkey won't be a Bear next fall.

Oh, and the Bears held the Rams (who they WOULD have played today) to 6 points. How many points did the Rams score against the Chiefs?