PDA

View Full Version : Change needed

gcsofa
01-21-2019, 03:30 PM
The Chiefs had a very good year! However, they need too cut ties with Bob Sutton and get rid of him. We have some great players on the defensive side..........but our Defensive Coordinator is our achilles heel, in my opinion.

jason1981
01-21-2019, 04:46 PM
Heres my tip lists in order

Fire sutton
Mlb
Cb
Safety

Hitchens not answer and mlb. We need to stop the run. Only thing that will atop mahomes is less time on field.

If we draft a rb higher then 5th rnd il be pissed. We have enough offensive weapons and i like both williams as our rbs.

Be very very tight in free agency cuz we have to resign or extend chris jones, hill, ford and also Mahomes not far off. Im not sure what our cap looks like but id stick to drafting players. Maybe if their is a good safety or cb that we can sign to one year deals. I wouldnt mind renting good cb's year to year.

chiefnut
01-21-2019, 10:08 PM
O line.....this is an O line heavy draft class so lets upgrade...then secondary, then linebacker...and some future pass rushers....and of course a new def coordinator, def backs coach

Chiefster
01-21-2019, 11:13 PM
Yes, Sutton must go! The defense needed to make one stop in OT and couldn't get the job done.

Coach
01-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Agree on Sutton. Our last 3 playoff losses have all been at home because we couldn’t stop the run(Pitt, Tenn, NE). All of our losses this year were because of the same issue. Against the Rams we couldn’t stop their final drive, lose by a FG. 1st game vs Patriots we couldn’t stop their final drive and lost by a FG. SD couldn’t stop their final drive or 2pt conversion and lose by 1. We couldn’t stop Seattle’s final drive. Against Pats in the playoffs, couldn’t stop their final drive or hold them to a FG. We have elite pass rushers in Jones, Ford, and Houston. We need ILB’s, secondary help, and someone who can make in-game schematic adjustments. We were the #1 overall seed this year with the 31st ranked defense. I don’t expect or think we need a world beater defense, but something better than the 31st ranked defense would go a long way towards getting back to the AFC championship.

brdempsey69
01-22-2019, 12:20 PM
Agree on Sutton. Our last 3 playoff losses have all been at home because we couldn’t stop the run(Pitt, Tenn, NE). All of our losses this year were because of the same issue. Against the Rams we couldn’t stop their final drive, lose by a FG. 1st game vs Patriots we couldn’t stop their final drive and lost by a FG. SD couldn’t stop their final drive or 2pt conversion and lose by 1. We couldn’t stop Seattle’s final drive. Against Pats in the playoffs, couldn’t stop their final drive or hold them to a FG. We have elite pass rushers in Jones, Ford, and Houston. We need ILB’s, secondary help, and someone who can make in-game schematic adjustments. We were the #1 overall seed this year with the 31st ranked defense. I don’t expect or think we need a world beater defense, but something better than the 31st ranked defense would go a long way towards getting back to the AFC championship.

And let us not forget that too often whenever they did make stops, it was nullified by stupid penalties. Ford's offsides wasn't the first instance.

Seek
01-22-2019, 01:15 PM
So here is a question, Do we stick with a DC who prefers the 3-4 or favors a 4-3. Would our current personnel be better suited for a 4-3. We lack a MLB, yet alone 2 of them.

TopekaRoy
01-22-2019, 05:14 PM
So here is a question, Do we stick with a DC who prefers the 3-4 or favors a 4-3. Would our current personnel be better suited for a 4-3. We lack a MLB, yet alone 2 of them.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe we already run the 4-3 defense about 40% of the time. (Maybe someone else has the numbers.) By the time you add in nickel and dime packages, we actually run our base 3-4 defense less than half the time. This is true (more or less) for most teams that use a base 3-4 D.

Seek
01-22-2019, 05:45 PM
I think the way the offenses are going. The 3-4 will start using Hybrid Linebackers fast enough and can cover well enough to play safety and MLB.