PDA

View Full Version : All optimism is gone for me

Three7s
11-11-2007, 03:37 PM
This game the Chiefs played was an absolute joke. Huard was absolutely AWFUL! I didn't really care about the QB thing before, now I do, might as well put in Croyle because this season is a joke now anyways after this game.
Huard put the Chiefs into a hole early by throwing a stupid interception, even after getting away with a couple. Then, after the Broncos score, a blitz comes and he's sacked, but the idiot still tries to throw, and a fumble occurs to give the Broncos another TD. Here's something smart you can do! PROTECT THE BALL!
Croyle and Priest looked alright for the most part, but with the hole Huard put us in, we had no chance after that. Our defense wasn't really given much of a chance with the stupid turnovers we committed, though I have seen us play better. Overall, if we play even half as bad for the rest of the season as we have today, we may win two games from now on. Pathetic.

timsatt1
11-11-2007, 03:54 PM
why is your optimism gone? we are in first place still and we have a new offensive scheme with Priest and Brody.

unfortunately, we can ALMOST write up next weeks game as a loss, playing against payton, chief's all time season killer.

Three7s
11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
We might still be in a 3-way tie for first place if the Chargers lose, but what's the point? We're on our way to one of our worst home seasons in years. That's the bread and butter for the Chiefs. We need all the wins we can get at home, and we're 2-3 there.
We might win the week after next against the Raiders, since they really suck, but we'll lose to the Broncos again at their place. After that, we won't win a game until the last week of the season against the Jets. There is no way we'll beat the Chargers or Titans here, not to mention the Lions.

timsatt1
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
We might still be in a 3-way tie for first place if the Chargers lose, but what's the point? We're on our way to one of our worst home seasons in years. That's the bread and butter for the Chiefs. We need all the wins we can get at home, and we're 2-3 there.
We might win the week after next against the Raiders, since they really suck, but we'll lose to the Broncos again at their place. After that, we won't win a game until the last week of the season against the Jets. There is no way we'll beat the Chargers or Titans here, not to mention the Lions.

hahaaha. settle down man. you always lose all hope after a loss? huard dug is in such a great hole that it made it hard to get back in it.

Next time we play the donks, we get to start anew, with croyle starting in a 0-0 game and a few games under his belt. The results could change dramatically.

This is rebuilding mode, we have our rookie QB in, we are going to see in the next few games what our future could look like.

Dont get all upset after one game.

The bad news is, with payton and tom brady still going to be in the league for a few more years, it is hard for any team to find hope of seeing a superbowl any time soon. At least any AFC team. Those teams are stacked!!!!!!!

tornadospotter
11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I have been leaning to the play Huard side for this season untill now, no more, He cost us today! I am in the play Brody camp now. I did like what I saw from Priest today.

McLovin
11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I have been leaning to the play Huard side for this season untill now, no more, He cost us today! I am in the play Brody camp now. I did like what I saw from Priest today.

Priest put up 20 more rushing yards today then Adrian Peterson, although Peterson left with an injury. Croyle looked fairly good, does need to settle down a little, I was a little disappointed that when Denver gave him like 20 tries he didn't get it into the endzone, but I am all for keeping him in the rest of the season and him being the starter from the start next season. After next season it would be a good time to truly evaluate Brodie Croyle, not after this week not after this season.

He just needs time to mature and he will make some mistakes, especially when he comes in with a bad deficit to make up. I would love though to come out of this season making the playoffs, I don't care at this time if we do it being the best in the worst division, a playoff game would add experience for Brodie.

timsatt1
11-11-2007, 04:24 PM

yeah priest was definately able to make yardage out of nothing with all his amazing cuts and jukes. We still did not have any big holes for him to run into, but he was able to do two things that LJ cannot, make cuts up the middle and get around the outside.

Yes, we need a better O line, but I think we will only see improvement from here on out with the Chiefs offense starting with the QB and Priest.

and i gotta tell you, we dont have receivers dropping the ball. We got some good receivers. If brody can limit turnovers, he is going to be a good qb for the chiefs because he is able to throw and hit. The turnovers will come because he is a rookie, lets just hope they are limited to where we can pull out the wins!!!!!!! and get brodys confidence built sky high.

DJ Imperial
11-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I did not put much stock into either of these two quarterbacks. We had a great opportunity to grab Leftwich or Culpepper but instead we hold out and spend tons of money to resign questionable Larry Johnson. I am not sure why the suits upstairs constantly dismiss the quatrterback as the main position to garnish a superbowl ring. Actually they know this but Larry Johnson jerseys outsell a Culpepper or Leftwich jersey....

hermhater
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I did not put much stock into either of these two quarterbacks. We had a great opportunity to grab Leftwich or Culpepper but instead we hold out and spend tons of money to resign questionable Larry Johnson. I am not sure why the suits upstairs constantly dismiss the quatrterback as the main position to garnish a superbowl ring. Actually they know this but Larry Johnson jerseys outsell a Culpepper or Leftwich jersey....

Nice first post, but Culpepper sucks too.

Randy Moss made him look like a star.

Don't know about Croyle yet, but I hope we have a future with him.

Three7s
11-11-2007, 04:33 PM
I know I may be over-doing it a bit, but it's just how bad we looked today. We looked really lifeless, maybe it was the weather! Priest did look very well, Croyle looked alright for the situation he was in. I thought our defense could've played better than it did, but we can thank our offense for a lot of that anyways.
However, even after we were down by so much, I thought the final blow was when Bowe couldn't make that TD grab, which would've made coming back very easy. That just felt like a killer, not to mention the long missed FG. Who knows though, maybe we'll pull a miracle and beat the Colts! Haha!

hermhater
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I know I may be over-doing it a bit, but it's just how bad we looked today. We looked really lifeless, maybe it was the weather! Priest did look very well, Croyle looked alright for the situation he was in. I thought our defense could've played better than it did, but we can thank our offense for a lot of that anyways.
However, even after we were down by so much, I thought the final blow was when Bowe couldn't make that TD grab, which would've made coming back very easy. That just felt like a killer, not to mention the long missed FG. Who knows though, maybe we'll pull a miracle and beat the Colts! Haha!

The final blow came when Huard lost the ball and got scored on.

This game sucked, and now I have too see HERMs freakin' face on an NFL commercial.

sigh....

luv
11-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Are you from Springfield?

wolfpack
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
the defense went back to its old ways by giving up the big play. also to many times donkies were running wideopen on pass coverage. cover 2 was figured out couple of years ago. i`d say something about the donkies bootlegges but they have been doing it on us for years.

DJ Imperial
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Are you from Springfield?
Yes, I am from Springfield.

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
This game the Chiefs played was an absolute joke. Huard was absolutely AWFUL! I didn't really care about the QB thing before, now I do, might as well put in Croyle because this season is a joke now anyways after this game.
Huard put the Chiefs into a hole early by throwing a stupid interception, even after getting away with a couple. Then, after the Broncos score, a blitz comes and he's sacked, but the idiot still tries to throw, and a fumble occurs to give the Broncos another TD. Here's something smart you can do! PROTECT THE BALL!
Croyle and Priest looked alright for the most part, but with the hole Huard put us in, we had no chance after that. Our defense wasn't really given much of a chance with the stupid turnovers we committed, though I have seen us play better. Overall, if we play even half as bad for the rest of the season as we have today, we may win two games from now on. Pathetic.

I, too, am frustrated and disappointed at the fact that we could only muster a measly eleven points, but at this point it really isn't too worth getting outraged or upset over. IMO

It is what it is; get what we can out of the rest of the season and start looking forward to the future. "This too shall pass."

anaeelbackwards
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I, too, am frustrated and disappointed at the fact that we could only muster a measly eleven points, but at this point it really isn't too worth getting outraged or upset over. IMO

It is what it is; get what we can out of the rest of the season and start looking forward to the future. "This too shall pass."

i agree. we all know we dont have a really good offensive front and its hard for us to get points. we know that. it is what it is.

we aren't dead last or close to it in all offensive categories at this point of the season for no reason....

:beer: puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

tammietailgator
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM

like bad gas

Guru
11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
We finally have what we want. I have a reason to keep watching the team now. I want to watch Croyle grow into his position. Even if we lose out, I am excited to get what I wanted finally.

anaeelbackwards
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
We finally have what we want. I have a reason to keep watching the team now. I want to watch Croyle grow into his position. Even if we lose out, I am excited to get what I wanted finally.

amen to that one. his passes are nice, on target and quick. id really like to see him get into the role he was drafted for.

wolfpack
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
i to think this great. i`d rather watch croyle learn and lose then watch haurd just blow.

anaeelbackwards
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
i to think this great. i`d rather watch croyle learn and lose then watch haurd just blow.

i agree. huard sucks but im also not a big fan of people booing in the stands and chanting brodie brodie to let huard hear it. he earned that job and its just straight up rude to do it. especially if its your home fans.... thats dumb i think. and its not his fault that he's not getting any protection in the pocket.

tammietailgator
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
[quote=anaeelbackwards;46883]i agree. huard sucks but im also not a big fan of people booing in the stands and chanting brodie brodie to let huard hear it. he earned that job and its just straight up rude to do it. especially if its your home fans.... thats dumb i think. and its not his fault that

Not only that, but the stands emptied out - wish I was there... could have been, but hubby has pnemonia

hermhater
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Honestly I didn't see what I wished I would have from Brodie today, but I take it with a grain of salt as he was put in after getting our a$$es handed to us.

I have started beering early today in protest of the Chiefs loss.

At least the Donks fans last night were respectful.

Geez... this is not the way I expected this to go at all.

anaeelbackwards
11-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Honestly I didn't see what I wished I would have from Brodie today, but I take it with a grain of salt as he was put in after getting our a$ handed to us.

hah yeah...... especially against the donks poor run D, we didn't do diddly **** against it. thats gotta tell you that our o-line can't protect nothing worth squat.

Guru
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Honestly I didn't see what I wished I would have from Brodie today, but I take it with a grain of salt as he was put in after getting our a$ handed to us.

Give the kid a break. It was his first REAL action of the season. He is not Superman for crying out loud. I sure didn't expect him to bring us back to win it. Hell our defense let us down almost as much as Huard did.

hermhater
11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Give the kid a break. It was his first REAL action of the season. He is not Superman for crying out loud. I sure didn't expect him to bring us back to win it. Hell our defense let us down almost as much as Huard did.

This is two games in a row at Arrowhead that our D has sucked old lady tw@t.

The loss was not there fault it was because of the turnovers, yet again.

This is not what the Chiefs are about.

I am old and broken, but I miss the days when we led the league in take-aways.

:mob:

Guru
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
This is two games in a row at Arrowhead that our D has sucked old lady tw@t.

The loss was not there fault it was because of the turnovers, yet again.

This is not what the Chiefs are about.

I am old and broken, but I miss the days when we led the league in take-aways.

:mob:

I don't blame the D for this game. I blame Herm. He stuck with Huard 2 series too long. If he comes out of the half with Brodie, you could argue that Denver never scores those quick 2 touchdowns.

hermhater
11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't blame the D for this game. I blame Herm. He stuck with Huard 2 series too long. If he comes out of the half with Brodie, you could argue that Denver never scores those quick 2 touchdowns.

I don't think there is an argument.

Neither the int, or the fumble would have happened.

The only reason Croyle threw one, was that we were basically in a throw only offensive mode and the Donks D knew it.

Whew, I am slowly regaining my calm...

Deep breaths...

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 11:25 PM

This is what I was thinking, and I didn't even see the game.

tammietailgator
11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't think there is an argument.

Neither the int, or the fumble would have happened.

The only reason Croyle threw one, was that we were basically in a throw only offensive mode and the Donks D knew it.

Whew, I am slowly regaining my calm...

Deep breaths...
yeah they did. their receivers were wide open, and we couldnt stop the run. The same run they had over and over again. I could have stopped them

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 11:42 PM
i agree. we all know we dont have a really good offensive front and its hard for us to get points. we know that. it is what it is.

we aren't dead last or close to it in all offensive categories at this point of the season for no reason....

:beer: puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Exactly!

Post of the month right there!