PDA

View Full Version : AAF?

matthewschiefs
02-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Anyone going to pay attention to the Alliance of American football

From what I understand they are working in some way with the NFL and this is sorta a mini minor league thing. Could be a good way for teams to find some prospects

brdempsey69
02-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Haven't heard of them until now.

matthewschiefs
02-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Will be on CBS next Saturday night.

https://aaf.com/

brdempsey69
02-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Never know what players might emerge and become solid NFL players.

Eydugstr
02-04-2019, 04:44 PM
Not sure I'm going to follow it very much at all, but think it's a good thing in the sense that pro-minded athletes will have a chance to play if they don't make it into the NFL or CFL.

matthewschiefs
02-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Not sure I'm going to follow it very much at all, but think it's a good thing in the sense that pro-minded athletes will have a chance to play if they don't make it into the NFL or CFL.

If I recall right this league is actually working with the NFL in an official capacity. They will even have games on the NFL network. I think this might be a little bit of a step closer to the NFL then the CFL is. I won't watch it nearly as much as I do the NFL but I'll watch maybe a game a week keeping an eye on DBs hopefully the Chiefs can find some nice prospects

Eydugstr
02-05-2019, 08:32 AM
If I recall right this league is actually working with the NFL in an official capacity. They will even have games on the NFL network. I think this might be a little bit of a step closer to the NFL then the CFL is. I won't watch it nearly as much as I do the NFL but I'll watch maybe a game a week keeping an eye on DBs hopefully the Chiefs can find some nice prospects

With any luck, it'll be treated along the lines of NFL Europe in terms of prospects. Not many came up through there, but there were some (Didn't we get a running back, last name of Saxon?). Certainly couldn't hurt and would give more players a chance.

TopekaRoy
02-06-2019, 11:37 AM
I'll watch some, at least to see what it's all about, because it's football. They don't have to have NFL level talent to be entertaining. High school games are fun to watch when teams are evenly matched.

I'm trying to figure out which team to room for, though. I have family in Memphis. that appears to be the closest team to KC and they wear red uniforms, so it looks like I'm an Express fan now!

matthewschiefs
02-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Watching the AAF

The good. THEY LET GUYS PLAY. There have been some big hits on the QBs without flags. Refs are not bailing QBs out with touch roughing calls. It's nice to see the defense being given a chance to play a bit more then they are in the NFL.

The not so good man you can tell why the WRs are not in the NFL. A ton of drops. Some with the QBS as well. Just some awful throws.

The ugly. WHAT ON EARTH ARE THE REFS WEARING?

All in all this is solid football IMO. Might watch a few more games.

TopekaRoy
02-10-2019, 03:04 PM
I FORGOT TO WATCH IT!

Fortunately there are 2 more games today. I'll check 'em out,