PDA

View Full Version : Herm, a dollar short and a day late

greg3564
11-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Why? Why did Huard even start the second half? We all saw it coming. Two close interceptions, then a real one and then the fumble. Total game killer.

Croyle and Priest were the bright spots. Croyle did pretty well. He was a little excited and needs to settle down some. That will come with some more experience. Experience he should have had already. But Herm and the Huard lovers seemed to believe he gave us the "best chance to win." Well today Huard gave us the best chance to lose. Croyle has the throwing ability to zip passes into tight spots and throw it down field. I would like to see him scramble and run, as he didn't do much today, but I'm sure the play calling is conservative after Green's concussion last year. I'm relieved Huard is out and we can finally move on.

Priest was, well he was Priest! For being out two seasons the guy still has it. Considering how horrible the O line is, and how the running game was abandoned when we were behind, he had some good runs and catches. Kolby Smith sure didn't impress me. He looked like another LJ type of runner and just kept running straight and hitting the pile with little gain.

Kennison looked good and I'm glad to see him back. He, Bowe and Gonzales are a force. With Croyle getting the majority of the practice snaps now, Croyle should be able to develop a rhythm with them. Webb looked good too.

Unfortunately, this season is a wash. We may win the West, but will not advance any further in the playoffs. If the Chiefs can't win at home against Denver, Green Bay and Jacksonville we don't stand a chance on the road in the playoffs. But if the Broncos or Chargers finally turn it on, and we don't, we won't win the West. We'll be lucky if we finish 8-8 at this point.

hermhater
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
All great points.

I feel bad for Huard, but at least now we have a good back up QB, instead of a crappy starting QB.

McLovin
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Don't count out Herms stupidity yet, Huard may still start next week.

greg3564
11-11-2007, 05:29 PM

If he does, I'll pull out what's left of my hair(pulled most of it out today). Honestly, Herm has been looking for any excuse to bench Huard and now he has it. Thank God!

McLovin
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
If he does, I'll pull out what's left of my hair(pulled most of it out today). Honestly, Herm has been looking for any excuse to bench Huard and now he has it. Thank God!
I think if he was looking for an excuse and did not see it before today then he needs glasses. Huard hasn't looked good very often this year, more likely is Herm was wanting a reason to put Croyle in but the pressure to stay with Huard because of leading the division was how Huard kept his job this long. I hope he isn't hurt to bad that he cant be a backup. It did look though like he could have went in after he came out for a series or so. We will have to see.

STL Won down to one 0 win team, Miami you are on the clock.

hermhater
11-11-2007, 09:22 PM

Say it ain't so... :mob:

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Herm is anything but a dollar short; trust me on this.

greg3564
11-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Herm is anything but a dollar short; trust me on this.

Really? Explain how we got killed at home against a poor team that we were favored to win against. Explain why Huard was left in the game after halftime. Explain how the corners were smoked time and time again. Todays game was a complete disaster in coaching.

greg3564
11-11-2007, 11:19 PM
The "great" Herm Edwards has a career record of 52-53. A .500 coach at best. The Jets were more than happy to get rid of him and now we see why.

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Really? Explain how we got killed at home against a poor team that we were favored to win against. Explain why Huard was left in the game after halftime. Explain how the corners were smoked time and time again. Todays game was a complete disaster in coaching.

Herm gets paid whether the team plays, or he coaches, well or not.

hermhater
11-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Herm gets paid whether the team plays, or he coaches, well or not.

Not for long hopefully.

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Not for long hopefully.

Agreed, but unfortunately for the time being...

McLovin
11-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Maybe if Herm was a dollar short (docked pay) because of the poor play the coaching would improve. Incentive based pay for a coach. Interesting twist but if it is good for a player why not for a coach.

Chiefster
11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Maybe if Herm was a dollar short (docked pay) because of the poor play the coaching would improve. Incentive based pay for a coach. Interesting twist but if it is good for a player why not for a coach.

Interesting indeed; I'm all for it.

hermhater
11-12-2007, 12:24 AM

Interesting indeed; I'm all for it.

It would stop the "play to lose atmosphere" for draft picks teams have.

If a coach doesn't play to win then they should be docked pay, and/or get booted!

Chiefster
11-12-2007, 12:26 AM

If a coach doesn't play to win then they should be docked pay, and/or get booted!

Agreed!

wolfpack
11-12-2007, 09:58 AM

Most coaches do get booted at the end of the season for losing but the trouble is we are the only team with a Peterson running the show and an owner that wont do anything about our peterson.

Chiefster
11-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Most coaches do get booted at the end of the season for losing but the trouble is we are the only team with a Peterson running the show and an owner that wont do anything about our peterson.

He is our Achilles heel.

McLovin
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
He is our Achilles heel.
Awwww was that a picture of when you were born, lol. Nice cave.

Chiefster
11-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Awwww was that a picture of when you were born, lol. Nice cave.

...Got it out of the family photo album.

You know my grandson right?

hermhater
11-13-2007, 04:23 AM

Thanks for agreeing with me man.

Whatever happened to firing an inept coach in the MIDDLE of the year?

:yahoo:

Chiefster
11-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Thanks for agreeing with me man.

Whatever happened to firing an inept coach in the MIDDLE of the year?

:yahoo:

Two words: Carl Peterson.

chief31
11-13-2007, 11:53 AM
As strongly as I disagree with Herms offensive philosophy, and his inability to comprehend the offensive line, and his overall success rate, I am not going to scream for him to be fired at this time. I reserve that for this coming offseason. Unless I hear anything about Bill Cowher possibly becoming the Chiefs coach. :D

McLovin
11-13-2007, 03:38 PM
As strongly as I disagree with Herms offensive philosophy, and his inability to comprehend the offensive line, and his overall success rate, I am not going to scream for him to be fired at this time. I reserve that for this coming offseason. Unless I hear anything about Bill Cowher possibly becoming the Chiefs coach. :D
I tend to agree, unless we can get Coach Cowher then I would like to (as much as I hate to admit it) give Hermie a season or two more to see what he can do.

I believe like a qb that a coach needs to be around for longer then a year or two to see if he is worth keeping, I don't think it is the time to can Hermie yet, but he is on thin ice. I know this goes against what i have said in the past but listening to knowledgeable Chiefs fans has changed my thinking. Solari now, he is open season, I would like to see him go back to being O-Line Coordinator and bring in a true O-Coordinator to call the plays and to give the QB some audibles and a little responsibility and power.