PDA

View Full Version : Article from Arrowhead pride on the new defense

Eydugstr
06-19-2019, 07:51 AM
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/6/5/18652533/summer-of-spags-linebacker-and-defensive-line-trends-and-tendencies-in-the-nickel

Chiefs4life24
06-19-2019, 06:46 PM
My best guess is our Line is gonna look like this, Frank Clark - Chris Jones - Derrick Nnadi and Emmanuel Ogbah Dont be Surprised if Khalen Shunders takes Ogbah's spot at some point this season.

Eydugstr
06-22-2019, 10:49 AM
My best guess is our Line is gonna look like this, Frank Clark - Chris Jones - Derrick Nnadi and Emmanuel Ogbah Dont be Surprised if Khalen Shunders takes Ogbah's spot at some point this season.

Hopefully we'll get Chris Jones signed and back into the line. Very curious to see what Shunders can bring.

The D is the big question mark IMO. Still opposed to going to the 4-3, but think if anything we'll be able to confuse our division rivals by giving them a change in the film rooms from last season. If the younger guys start buying into Spags D better than what they did under Sutton, defensively we'll be better than we were last season.

Think that we'll be okay at the line and at the LB spots. The part that concerns me is that from a front office standpoint, we approached getting secondary help in the same way they did under Sutton.

Chiefs4life24
06-22-2019, 02:17 PM
I would still like to see them go after Xavier Rhodes or Patrick Peterson since he will be cheaper now that he is suspended the first 6 games.

matthewschiefs
06-24-2019, 11:35 PM
I really think that this is going to be a much better D this year. Top 10 would be tough but they might just be able to get into that 10th spot. As long as we have a DC that actually can make an adjustment and not stick to the same gameplan that hasn't worked all year long