PDA

View Full Version : Time to talk some Chiefs football

matthewschiefs
07-16-2019, 05:15 PM
So the offseason has been a very busy one for me but it's finally coming to a close and training camp is quickly coming. It's time to talk some things Chiefs.

1. We have to start with the over-sized elephant in the room Tyreek Hill. I think there is only one thing certain that Hill is going to get an suspension. Many might not agree with this. But I think it's coming. I have heard nothing to prove either side of this but it brought negative attention to the league. And we have seen before no charges filed but a suspension. I think that's what going to be the outcome of the Hill case. As for my opinion of Hill I won't lie it has changed from what it was before this. I learned a long time ago not to buy into the athlete but cheer the play. If Hill plays this year I will keep doing that. I wasn't there I don't know what the hell happened. I have said on a few platforms I really wish the Chiefs would look to get something for him. While they can. And there's still a large part of me that feels that way. I just don't think at this point the Chiefs or any other team can just assume nothing else will happen with him. That's just my thoughts on this whole thing. But I'm going to be one of those people who say that I'm done if Hill is on the Chiefs. I am a Chiefs fan that doesn't mean I have to be a fan of anyone on the team. I don't dislike Hill in anyway. I just simply would not be as mad as I would of been before this if they moved him. I don't think that it's going to happen. My guess is 6 games and then Hill is back. But it's the NFL so you never know what's going to happen. Just my thoughts on this whole mess.

2. Ok now lets get to the football MAN am I excited to see the DEFENSE. I ranted throughout last season that I thought the coaching was the biggest flaw on that side of the ball. The fact that Andy Reid started the year with Bob Sutton as the DC was bad but then to never fire him during the season when it was pretty damn clear that it needed to be done could have very well been a fireable offense. I have over the course of the last two years been a little sour on Reid for just things like this. BUT this year I am pumped to see what the defense will look like. I don't think the talent last year was bottom of the league and think they have improved talent wise. Dee Ford was good but he wasn't Frank Clark. And hopefully they actually get some decent coaching and the disicpline is better. with less penalties. Coaching is a huge part of the game. Look at the first half of the AFC title game and you see it slapping you across the face. This years coaching I believe will be MUCH improved and the defense will be much better. Maybe not top of the league but they won't have to be that. Just able to get stops when they really have to have them. And this will be a much better year. I am excited about this part of the team unlike last year.

3. The offense. Lets just take a moment and be real. There is not a great chance that Mahomes goes for another 50tds. That was a special season last year and they don't happen that often. I think he will be high 30s at least maybe into the lower 40s but 50 is a lot to ask. I don't think that they are going to score as many points as they did a year ago. Last year a lot of things just went right for the Chiefs on the offense. I think we are going to see a little bit of a step back from them. Hill being possibly gone for at least part of the year isn't going to make matters better. What I want to see is just consistency from them. I wasn't expecting last year to go the way that it did. I fully expected more growing pains for Mahomes so maybe I will be surprised again and they will be able to match what they did a year ago. I know I am excited to see what Micole Hardman can do. You match more speed and Mahome's arm and just look at the defense and say good luck.

I go into every year looking for a reason to think that the Chiefs will be able to contend. Some years it takes a lot of talking myself into. After last year it was really easy to do this year. With the bulk of the young core back and the improvements on what really cost them last season I really think this is going to be a great year baring a Mahomes injury. I am very excited to see what happens and pumped to start seeing things from training camp.GO CHIEFS

brdempsey69
07-16-2019, 11:34 PM
I agree wholeheartedly about what you saying about the Offense. Last year they kind of caught lightning in a bottle & surprised everybody. This year is a whole different entity from last year & I'm still uncertain about the Chiefs RB situation. On paper, it doesn't appear the Chiefs really got a replacement for Kareem Hunt during the off-season, nor did they get a viable 2nd TE. They did add another speed WR in Hardman, but he may need time to develop & get used to pro ball, and the O-Line cannot afford a rash of injuries.

Defensively, two of the biggest additions were clearly by subtraction -- specifically Bob Sutton and Eric Berry -- as they both had to go. The additions of Clarke and Mathieu, plus rookies Thornhill and Saunders will hopefully inject some life into a unit that was pretty much dead scrimmage fodder. They have nowhere to go but up, as last year was completely dismal.

matthewschiefs
07-17-2019, 12:09 AM
I agree wholeheartedly about what you saying about the Offense. Last year they kind of caught lightning in a bottle & surprised everybody. This year is a whole different entity from last year & I'm still uncertain about the Chiefs RB situation. On paper, it doesn't appear the Chiefs really got a replacement for Kareem Hunt during the off-season, nor did they get a viable 2nd TE. They did add another speed WR in Hardman, but he may need time to develop & get used to pro ball, and the O-Line cannot afford a rash of injuries.

Defensively, two of the biggest additions were clearly by subtraction -- specifically Bob Sutton and Eric Berry -- as they both had to go. The additions of Clarke and Mathieu, plus rookies Thornhill and Saunders will hopefully inject some life into a unit that was pretty much dead scrimmage fodder. They have nowhere to go but up, as last year was completely dismal.

The TE thing is a way more of a worry for me then the RB. Lets face it Andy Reid the RB position in the big games isn't what it would be for other teams in his pass happy offense. It's been one of his weaker points. But having a 2nd TE could be way more effective in an Andy Reid offense.

Chiefs4life24
07-17-2019, 01:39 AM
TE #2 Should be covered with the additions of Blake Bell and Neal Stearling both are big and Athletic blocking TE's, with good hands and decent speed something Demetrius Harris dare I say never had.

Defence with the additions of Thornhill, Mathieu, Saunders I think that makes a guy like Xavier Williams expendable on cut day. Have Mathieu close to the box and Thornhill running deep play to there strengths. I've heard that Ragland is gonna be the weak side LB, Hitchens is the Mike LB and Dorian O'Daniel is the Sam LB. Breshaud Breeland Kendall Fuller Are gonna nail down the slot and outside we need Charvarius Ward to continue where he left off last year with his excellent play, that's probably why they didn't draft anybody.

Chiefs4life24
07-17-2019, 01:47 AM
First off Hill didn't break his kids arm it was proven to be the result of an accident, I think she is a list and has been setting him up since 2014 just to get money out of him. From what I've been hearing of the Hill case the last few days Hill is looking at 2 games or no suspension at all.

Don't sleep on Damien Williams at RB my prediction is he will get 1500 yards from scrimmage this year by way of 1000 yards rushings and 500 yards receiving. We won't miss Hunt one bit trust me, just look at the body of work from the last 6 games of last season as proof and the playoffs he carried us in New England.

matthewschiefs
07-17-2019, 02:02 AM
I agree 100% about Xavier Williams. Baring a big camp and preseason I could very well see them moving him one way or another

I am also very interested to see more from Ward. He got in late and while he did have some young player moments he also had some pretty nice moments as well. With better coaching and again I don't think that it could get worse then Bob Sutton's I am interested to see if he makes a leap this season.

Regarding Hill I know he didn't break his son's arm. In fact from what I've read that wasn't even what they were investgating. What happened I have no idea. Who did what can't tell you. I think he's getting at least 4 games. The NFL will want to come down hard just for the PR. I am afraid that he's going to get a year ban. But hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree on Williams running I am going to have to see him match what Hunt did receiving that ball. That's where I think we could miss Hunt a little.

Seek
07-17-2019, 08:41 AM
First off Hill didn't break his kids arm it was proven to be the result of an accident, I think she is a list and has been setting him up since 2014 just to get money out of him. From what I've been hearing of the Hill case the last few days Hill is looking at 2 games or no suspension at all.

Don't sleep on Damien Williams at RB my prediction is he will get 1500 yards from scrimmage this year by way of 1000 yards rushings and 500 yards receiving. We won't miss Hunt one bit trust me, just look at the body of work from the last 6 games of last season as proof and the playoffs he carried us in New England.

I don't think Goddel has any choice but to suspend Hill given previous precedents he has established. Hills comments in the video was enough based on those precedents.

I think Cleveland will find out that Hunt is good, but being in this offense made him look great. Williams performed better than Hunt after he left.

Seek
07-17-2019, 08:46 AM
I agree 100% about Xavier Williams. Baring a big camp and preseason I could very well see them moving him one way or another

I am also very interested to see more from Ward. He got in late and while he did have some young player moments he also had some pretty nice moments as well. With better coaching and again I don't think that it could get worse then Bob Sutton's I am interested to see if he makes a leap this season.

Regarding Hill I know he didn't break his son's arm. In fact from what I've read that wasn't even what they were investgating. What happened I have no idea. Who did what can't tell you. I think he's getting at least 4 games. The NFL will want to come down hard just for the PR. I am afraid that he's going to get a year ban. But hopefully I'm wrong.

I agree on Williams running I am going to have to see him match what Hunt did receiving that ball. That's where I think we could miss Hunt a little.

Just go back to the AFC championship game. Williams is a huge reason we came back and took the lead. He killed the Pats the second half mostly in the passing game.

brdempsey69
07-17-2019, 08:39 PM
..... Williams performed better than Hunt after he left.

THAT is a completely falsely constructed scenario. It's one thing to say "Williams performed admirably after Hunt left & well enough to warrant a further looksee in 2019" -- because that much is true. But, to say "Williams performed better than Hunt after he left" is completely FALSE.

People's Exhibit A:

The AFC Championship Game -- Williams was NOWHERE near as effective at running the ball from scrimmage against the Pats Defense as Hunt had been in the previous two encounters. Go look at the numbers and game footage & you will see indisputable proof of this.

matthewschiefs
07-17-2019, 09:14 PM
THAT is a completely falsely constructed scenario. It's one thing to say "Williams performed admirably after Hunt left & well enough to warrant a further looksee in 2019" -- because that much is true. But, to say "Williams performed better than Hunt after he left" is completely FALSE.

People's Exhibit A:

The AFC Championship Game -- Williams was NOWHERE near as effective at running the ball from scrimmage against the Pats Defense as Hunt had been in the previous two encounters. Go look at the numbers and game footage & you will see indisputable proof of this.

To me that's on Andy Reid. Lets be real here for a minute the offense in the big games has always had struggles. Even the first half of the AFCCG.

brdempsey69
07-17-2019, 10:33 PM
To me that's on Andy Reid. Lets be real here for a minute the offense in the big games has always had struggles. Even the first half of the AFCCG.

Sorry, but it is not Andy Reid. Reid can't block or tote the ball for his players. It's up to the players to execute. That 3rd and short in the 1st half of that game where Williams got stuffed, Kareem Hunt would have likely picked up that 1st down.

matthewschiefs
07-17-2019, 11:15 PM
Sorry, but it is not Andy Reid. Reid can't block or tote the ball for his players. It's up to the players to execute. That 3rd and short in the 1st half of that game where Williams got stuffed, Kareem Hunt would have likely picked up that 1st down.

Maybe Hunt would have

But go back and watch that game. Tell me that this team came out as well prepared as the Pats did. Can you? Reid can't execute for the players true. But what he can do is put a gameplan together and prepare the team. And it was clear as day that he didn't do anywhere as close to the job Belichick did.This is something that has happened with Reid teams before Williams played one down in the NFL. So while yes execution was a part of it when you have a track record of the same thing time after time that points to you. And Reid has that track record. That's just how I look at it

brdempsey69
07-17-2019, 11:23 PM
Maybe Hunt would have

But go back and watch that game. Tell me that this team came out as well prepared as the Pats did. Can you? Reid can't execute for the players true. But what he can do is put a gameplan together and prepare the team. And it was clear as day that he didn't do anywhere as close to the job Belichick did.This is something that has happened with Reid teams before Williams played one down in the NFL. So while yes execution was a part of it when you have a track record of the same thing time after time that points to you. And Reid has that track record. That's just how I look at it

I'm not saying that Reid wasn't to blame for the team not being better prepared to play that first half -- he was. My point about what I posted earlier was that Williams didn't perform better than Hunt after Hunt left. And you can't get around the fact that Hunt was a Patriot-killer, as I know of no RB that has performed better against the Pats during this Brady-Belichick tenure than what Hunt did. I still believe if the Chiefs had Hunt in the AFCCG, we would have seen some points go up on the scoreboard in that 1st half.

matthewschiefs
07-17-2019, 11:31 PM
I'm not saying that Reid wasn't to blame for the team not being better prepared to play that first half -- he was. My point about what I posted earlier was that Williams didn't perform better than Hunt after Hunt left. And you can't get around the fact that Hunt was a Patriot-killer, as I know of no RB that has performed better against the Pats during this Brady-Belichick tenure than what Hunt did. I still believe if the Chiefs had Hunt in the AFCCG, we would have seen some points go up on the scoreboard in that 1st half.

Let me just say look at the year before the loss to the Titians Hunt only had 42 yards rushing and 5 as a WR. He got 14 touches for 47 yards. Williams had over 60 as a WR alone against the Pats.

I just don't think that we can say what Hunt would have done. We have seen him shut down under Andy's offense in the postseason before. Hunt did do some great things in regular season matchups true. But the postseason is far different. We can't just assume that Hunt would have matched what he did in regular season games. IMO

Seek
07-18-2019, 08:35 AM

You really have to stop bashing peoples opinion when you through opinion out there as FACT. We don't now if Hunt would have picked that up. Pure speculation.

brdempsey69
07-18-2019, 08:58 PM
You really have to stop bashing peoples opinion when you through opinion out there as FACT. We don't now if Hunt would have picked that up. Pure speculation.

No, I will call out your opinion when it is contrary to the fact. My analysis was based on fact, not opinion as the numbers & the overhead camera back the germane point that I made (based on fact, not opinion, as you are trying to suggest) & do not back what you are saying.

Here is another nugget for you based on fact & not opinion:

During the first 11 games of last season, just how many Chiefs fans were calling for Hunt to be replaced by Williams? The correct answer is NOBODY, because the response to such a suggestion would've been "that's totally LUDICROUS".

And your suggestion of "throwing an opinion out there as fact" is only telling people that you can't discern the difference between somebody expressing an opinion & somebody telling it like it is.

Let me just say look at the year before the loss to the Titians Hunt only had 42 yards rushing and 5 as a WR. He got 14 touches for 47 yards. Williams had over 60 as a WR alone against the Pats.

I just don't think that we can say what Hunt would have done. We have seen him shut down under Andy's offense in the postseason before. Hunt did do some great things in regular season matchups true. But the postseason is far different. We can't just assume that Hunt would have matched what he did in regular season games. IMO

Sorry, but this is not a good comparison. It's more like apples-to-oranges rather than apples-to-apples. Hunt only got 5 touches in the 2nd half of that game. The correct analysis is more along the lines that "Hunt wasn't given the opportunities" more so than "the Titans shutting him down".

Besides, this doesn't get around what I said earlier that Williams was NOT better than Hunt after Williams replaced Hunt. I watched all the games & I saw nothing to even remotely suggest such a thing.

As I said, Williams performed well enough in Hunt's absence to warrant a further looksee in 2019. If Williams does in fact perform better than Hunt did in 2018 & 2017, then GREAT -- the Chiefs will benefit from that. But, for right now, I will call a spade, a SPADE.

matthewschiefs
07-18-2019, 10:33 PM
Sorry, but this is not a good comparison. It's more like apples-to-oranges rather than apples-to-apples. Hunt only got 5 touches in the 2nd half of that game. The correct analysis is more along the lines that "Hunt wasn't given the opportunities" more so than "the Titans shutting him down".

Besides, this doesn't get around what I said earlier that Williams was NOT better than Hunt after Williams replaced Hunt. I watched all the games & I saw nothing to even remotely suggest such a thing.

As I said, Williams performed well enough in Hunt's absence to warrant a further looksee in 2019. If Williams does in fact perform better than Hunt did in 2018 & 2017, then GREAT -- the Chiefs will benefit from that. But, for right now, I will call a spade, a SPADE.

I wasn't making a comparison I was just showing that under Reid Hunt was limited in the big game. It is a history that has followed Reid his entire coaching career.

Your point about Hunt getting only 5 touches in the 2nd half is exactly what I mean. If you go back and look at my postgame from that titans game I was PISSED about it. And that's why I don't think we can say that Hunt would have done anything that would have been the difference. We have seen Reid limit what he does in the past. Who knows what would have happened if Hunt was there. With Reid's history in the post season I just don't think you could assume Hunt would have been used to his fullest. Or he would have done anything that Williams didn't do. Coaching is a big deal IMO. And IMO coaching was where we lost that game. Hunt might have been a difference maker sure. But then again he might not have.

Eydugstr
07-18-2019, 10:40 PM
So the offseason has been a very busy one for me but it's finally coming to a close and training camp is quickly coming. It's time to talk some things Chiefs.

1. We have to start with the over-sized elephant in the room Tyreek Hill. I think there is only one thing certain that Hill is going to get an suspension. Many might not agree with this. But I think it's coming. I have heard nothing to prove either side of this but it brought negative attention to the league. And we have seen before no charges filed but a suspension. I think that's what going to be the outcome of the Hill case. As for my opinion of Hill I won't lie it has changed from what it was before this. I learned a long time ago not to buy into the athlete but cheer the play. If Hill plays this year I will keep doing that. I wasn't there I don't know what the hell happened. I have said on a few platforms I really wish the Chiefs would look to get something for him. While they can. And there's still a large part of me that feels that way. I just don't think at this point the Chiefs or any other team can just assume nothing else will happen with him. That's just my thoughts on this whole thing. But I'm going to be one of those people who say that I'm done if Hill is on the Chiefs. I am a Chiefs fan that doesn't mean I have to be a fan of anyone on the team. I don't dislike Hill in anyway. I just simply would not be as mad as I would of been before this if they moved him. I don't think that it's going to happen. My guess is 6 games and then Hill is back. But it's the NFL so you never know what's going to happen. Just my thoughts on this whole mess.

2. Ok now lets get to the football MAN am I excited to see the DEFENSE. I ranted throughout last season that I thought the coaching was the biggest flaw on that side of the ball. The fact that Andy Reid started the year with Bob Sutton as the DC was bad but then to never fire him during the season when it was pretty damn clear that it needed to be done could have very well been a fireable offense. I have over the course of the last two years been a little sour on Reid for just things like this. BUT this year I am pumped to see what the defense will look like. I don't think the talent last year was bottom of the league and think they have improved talent wise. Dee Ford was good but he wasn't Frank Clark. And hopefully they actually get some decent coaching and the disicpline is better. with less penalties. Coaching is a huge part of the game. Look at the first half of the AFC title game and you see it slapping you across the face. This years coaching I believe will be MUCH improved and the defense will be much better. Maybe not top of the league but they won't have to be that. Just able to get stops when they really have to have them. And this will be a much better year. I am excited about this part of the team unlike last year.

3. The offense. Lets just take a moment and be real. There is not a great chance that Mahomes goes for another 50tds. That was a special season last year and they don't happen that often. I think he will be high 30s at least maybe into the lower 40s but 50 is a lot to ask. I don't think that they are going to score as many points as they did a year ago. Last year a lot of things just went right for the Chiefs on the offense. I think we are going to see a little bit of a step back from them. Hill being possibly gone for at least part of the year isn't going to make matters better. What I want to see is just consistency from them. I wasn't expecting last year to go the way that it did. I fully expected more growing pains for Mahomes so maybe I will be surprised again and they will be able to match what they did a year ago. I know I am excited to see what Micole Hardman can do. You match more speed and Mahome's arm and just look at the defense and say good luck.

I go into every year looking for a reason to think that the Chiefs will be able to contend. Some years it takes a lot of talking myself into. After last year it was really easy to do this year. With the bulk of the young core back and the improvements on what really cost them last season I really think this is going to be a great year baring a Mahomes injury. I am very excited to see what happens and pumped to start seeing things from training camp.GO CHIEFS

Good post.

1) The Chiefs have become the pet owners of two elephants - One that's out in the front yard for everyone to see, speculate and bash on (Tyreek Hill) and the other elephant, which is somewhere (less visible) inside the house rooting for peanuts in the couch cushions (The defense).

At this point I'm sick of hearing about Tyreek Hill. After listening to the audio clip lost any sympathy for Tyreek or his baby mama. Feel sorry for their kid, but since the police dropped the investigation far as I'm concerned it's all in Goodell's hands. Like Seek said, he'll probably go overboard on Tyreek, but more for PR for the league than anything. I'd wager a beer or soda that it'll be an 8 game suspension. At this point I'd much rather see what the other WR's can bring to the table. If we get Tyreek back, great. If not, hoping Watkins has a breakout full season.

2) Yes the defense will be different, but given the track record I'm not for sure that Spags (or going to the 4-3} is the answer. I'm not sad that Sutton got the boot - the man really struggled when his game plan was figured out and was just too stubborn to try something else. Just wish the Chiefs had gone a different direction coaching wise and figured out a way to keep the 3-4 under a more aggressive coach. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see this D work out and will be happy to eat crow if we return to the AFC championship game and beat the Patriots when it matters.

Yes would agree Clark is an upgrade over Dee Ford. Really liked what I saw with Dorian O'Daniel. But it wasn't our LB's that was the problem. It was our secondary. We had way too much money tied up a Safety that didn't play (Berry) and nowhere near enough tied up in the talent that did. And now we're going to a defense that offers less backside protection and is gambling on more pressure up front, while one of our best D-lineman is haggling over money and likely won't come to the table. Can understand why Reid wants to do massive changes with the D, but from the looks of it the front office isn't stepping up to help.

3) While this goes against all logic, Think it's very possible for Mahomes and this offense to get another 50 TD season. Too many weapons on this offense, and some more possibly waiting in the wings. My question is will they stay healthy? If they do, no problem, count on being right back in the playoffs.

Seek
07-19-2019, 08:18 AM
During the first 11 games of last season, just how many Chiefs fans were calling for Hunt to be replaced by Williams? The correct answer is NOBODY, because the response to such a suggestion would've been "that's totally LUDICROUS"

What does this have to do with anything? Who cares if anyone called to replace Hunt with Williams in the first 11 games. IT is FACT that when HUNT and left Williams came in, and the OFFENSE Still functioned way above Average. Williams still was a HUGE factor with the Chiefs coming back on the Patriots in the AFC champions ship.

NO Where did I say he was better than HUNT as I think your comment above is leading too. Losing HUNT does not bother me based on what Williams did at the end of the season, and clearly the Chiefs feel the same. Your opinion to the matter isn't FACT. It is still speculation NO FACTs.

Seek
07-19-2019, 08:43 AM
D. Williams started 3 Games. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry and had 4 rushing touch downs. He caught 23 of the 24 passes thrown at him for an average of 7.8 yards per catch, with 2 touch downs.

K. Hunt started 11 games. He averaged 4.6 yards per carry and had 7 TD. He caught 26 of 35 pass attempts for an average of 14.5 yards and 7 touch downs. He was also penalized with four personal fouls and fined for illegally hitting a player that was not flagged.

Hunts biggest asset was out of the back field. Williams ran for more yards per carry, and was targeted more in the passing game.

brdempsey69
07-19-2019, 11:10 AM
.......... Williams performed better than Hunt after he left.

What does this have to do with anything? Who cares if anyone called to replace Hunt with Williams in the first 11 games. IT is FACT that when HUNT and left Williams came in, and the OFFENSE Still functioned way above Average. Williams still was a HUGE factor with the Chiefs coming back on the Patriots in the AFC champions ship.

NO Where did I say he was better than HUNT as I think your comment above is leading too. Losing HUNT does not bother me based on what Williams did at the end of the season, and clearly the Chiefs feel the same. Your opinion to the matter isn't FACT. It is still speculation NO FACTs.

Your credibility is destroyed right there. First you do say Williams performed better than Hunt, then turn around say "no where did I say he was better than Hunt". Any objective observer can easily see your contradiction right there.

As for the first 11 games, it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that if Hunt had stayed clean off the field & stayed healthy on it , Williams was not going to displace him. The point made is that NOBODY was even remotely thinking of Williams replacing Hunt during that time.....not even YOU. You simply can't answer that point directly or refute it, but can only offer a stupid one-line dismissal because the germane point that was made doesn't fit your narrative.

The only opinion I've offered is I believe that Hunt would have picked up a 1st down in AFCCG when Williams got stuffed on that 3rd and 1 play in the 1st half. Everything else has been based on fact. Williams had only 30 yards rushing on 10 carries in the AFCCG. What were Hunt's rushing numbers against the Pats? 80 yards on 10 carries in the regular season meeting with 105 yards receiving. Don't try & sell anybody that the Chiefs couldn't have used that type of production in the AFCCG.

Everybody knows that Hunt was released because of his off-the-field issues, and not because of his performance on the field. Had he stayed clean off the field & stayed healthy on it, he would have remained the #1 feature RB for KC for the rest of 2018, and would be the #1 guy heading into 2019.

My original analysis still stands......and that is that Williams did not perform better than Hunt after replacing him, as you suggested. I know because I watched all the games & saw nothing to suggest that. The overhead camera doesn't lie so what I'm saying is based on fact, as the visual evidence backs what I'm saying & doesn't back what you are saying.

brdempsey69
07-19-2019, 02:43 PM
Good post.

1) The Chiefs have become the pet owners of two elephants - One that's out in the front yard for everyone to see, speculate and bash on (Tyreek Hill) and the other elephant, which is somewhere (less visible) inside the house rooting for peanuts in the couch cushions (The defense).

At this point I'm sick of hearing about Tyreek Hill. After listening to the audio clip lost any sympathy for Tyreek or his baby mama. Feel sorry for their kid, but since the police dropped the investigation far as I'm concerned it's all in Goodell's hands. Like Seek said, he'll probably go overboard on Tyreek, but more for PR for the league than anything. I'd wager a beer or soda that it'll be an 8 game suspension. At this point I'd much rather see what the other WR's can bring to the table. If we get Tyreek back, great. If not, hoping Watkins has a breakout full season.

2) Yes the defense will be different, but given the track record I'm not for sure that Spags (or going to the 4-3} is the answer. I'm not sad that Sutton got the boot - the man really struggled when his game plan was figured out and was just too stubborn to try something else. Just wish the Chiefs had gone a different direction coaching wise and figured out a way to keep the 3-4 under a more aggressive coach. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see this D work out and will be happy to eat crow if we return to the AFC championship game and beat the Patriots when it matters.

Yes would agree Clark is an upgrade over Dee Ford. Really liked what I saw with Dorian O'Daniel. But it wasn't our LB's that was the problem. It was our secondary. We had way too much money tied up a Safety that didn't play (Berry) and nowhere near enough tied up in the talent that did. And now we're going to a defense that offers less backside protection and is gambling on more pressure up front, while one of our best D-lineman is haggling over money and likely won't come to the table. Can understand why Reid wants to do massive changes with the D, but from the looks of it the front office isn't stepping up to help.

3) While this goes against all logic, Think it's very possible for Mahomes and this offense to get another 50 TD season. Too many weapons on this offense, and some more possibly waiting in the wings. My question is will they stay healthy? If they do, no problem, count on being right back in the playoffs.

We don't have to worry anymore about Hill, as that situation has been resolved and Hill will be there for the full duration.

The Defense has no where to go but up, but there may be some struggles and road bumps along the way. Hopefully, they can at least improve to middle of the pack & be able to adjust during games to what the opponents' Offense is doing & slow them down as games progress.

Offensively, the tools are still there to be the NFL's most prolific in 2019, but we can expect every opponent to bring their A+ game this year, as there are going to be some pretty good Defensive units that the Chiefs Offense will be facing in 2019. The schedule does indeed look to be very tough & if the Chiefs can get through it and win enough games to get back to the post-season, it will be a major achievement, in of itself.

What I don't like about the schedule is that they have to play a Thursday night game at Donkeytown & it seems like the Chiefs have major struggles against AFC West opponents in these lousy Thursday night games. What I do like is they get to host the Donks at Arrowhead in Dec later on & if they don't win that Thursday night game, they will get a chance at some payback.

Seek
07-19-2019, 03:13 PM
Your credibility is destroyed right there. First you do say Williams performed better than Hunt, then turn around say "no where did I say he was better than Hunt". Any objective observer can easily see your contradiction right there.

As for the first 11 games, it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that if Hunt had stayed clean off the field & stayed healthy on it , Williams was not going to displace him. The point made is that NOBODY was even remotely thinking of Williams replacing Hunt during that time.....not even YOU. You simply can't answer that point directly or refute it, but can only offer a stupid one-line dismissal because the germane point that was made doesn't fit your narrative.

The only opinion I've offered is I believe that Hunt would have picked up a 1st down in AFCCG when Williams got stuffed on that 3rd and 1 play in the 1st half. Everything else has been based on fact. Williams had only 30 yards rushing on 10 carries in the AFCCG. What were Hunt's rushing numbers against the Pats? 80 yards on 10 carries in the regular season meeting with 105 yards receiving. Don't try & sell anybody that the Chiefs couldn't have used that type of production in the AFCCG.

Everybody knows that Hunt was released because of his off-the-field issues, and not because of his performance on the field. Had he stayed clean off the field & stayed healthy on it, he would have remained the #1 feature RB for KC for the rest of 2018, and would be the #1 guy heading into 2019.

My original analysis still stands......and that is that Williams did not perform better than Hunt after replacing him, as you suggested. I know because I watched all the games & saw nothing to suggest that. The overhead camera doesn't lie so what I'm saying is based on fact, as the visual evidence backs what I'm saying & doesn't back what you are saying.

Performed better does not = Better. I still say, The Chiefs are fine without Hunt. That is the end of my comment. didn't say Williams was better but go ahead and read into what ever you want. If Hunt didn't do what he did. Williams would have never saw the field. But it all happened and Williams stepped up and performed. I have move on.

Again, your Analysis/visual review is YOUR OPINION it is NOT FACT. I provided the tangible STATS. All signs show that Williams is a good fit for this offense. The Chiefs obviously feel he is capable as they are running with him. So my credibility is the same as the Chiefs.

As usual, you are completely blowing everything out of the water for some personal issue you have. I think you probably practice contradicting yourself in the spare time. I really wish there was a setting to ignore your dribble. You do a heck of a job of turning fans cheering for the same team against each other.

brdempsey69
07-19-2019, 03:53 PM
Performed better does not = Better. I still say, The Chiefs are fine without Hunt. That is the end of my comment. didn't say Williams was better but go ahead and read into what ever you want. If Hunt didn't do what he did. Williams would have never saw the field. But it all happened and Williams stepped up and performed. I have move on.

Again, your Analysis/visual review is YOUR OPINION it is NOT FACT. I provided the tangible STATS. All signs show that Williams is a good fit for this offense. The Chiefs obviously feel he is capable as they are running with him. So my credibility is the same as the Chiefs.

As usual, you are completely blowing everything out of the water for some personal issue you have. I think you probably practice contradicting yourself in the spare time. I really wish there was a setting to ignore your dribble. You do a heck of a job of turning fans cheering for the same team against each other.

LOL, you're dodging the germane point that I initially made & it doesn't matter what excuses you make or whatever false scenarios you try to construct.

It's not me blowing anything out of the water, it's you blowing smoke out of your fanny. The numbers you posted don't substantiate your statement of "Williams performed better than Hunt". I have seen nobody, except you, post anything on the web suggesting such a thing -- because it's pure BS. Multiple times, Williams got stopped in short-yardage situations, whereas Hunt most likely would have succeeded because of his running style. I don't recall Hunt getting stopped multiple times in short yardage situations, like I saw happen to Williams.

Your analysis is completely joke-level and laughable & as always, goes off the beaten path completely regarding your statements that get called out, because you can't answer directly or refute the germane points that are made.

Chiefs4life24
07-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Williams carried us soley on his back and shoulders throughout the playoffs and the AFC Championship game that is a fact. Williams will get Hunt levels of rushing this year, and he will contribute 500 yards of recieving to the passing game as well. All from scrimmage mind you, From my eyes there was no disernable drop off between Hunt and Williams.

Eydugstr
07-19-2019, 09:46 PM
Again, your Analysis/visual review is YOUR OPINION it is NOT FACT. I provided the tangible STATS. All signs show that Williams is a good fit for this offense. The Chiefs obviously feel he is capable as they are running with him. So my credibility is the same as the Chiefs

LMAO at the "...but I provided tangible stats..." defense...

Here's the deal with Williams. Wanting to see him build on this opportunity the way Hunt did when JC and Spencer went down to injury. He's got to become part of the "Three headed monster" that other teams worried about so much when Hunt was on the team.

And yes, while it's all opinion/speculation/fantasy football guaranteed prediction palm reading....Do think that Hunt could've broken a few more tackles. But we never got to find out because Hunt shot himself in the foot and got sent with a christmas bow to John Dorsey in Cleveland.

brdempsey69
07-19-2019, 11:31 PM
LMAO at the "...but I provided tangible stats..." defense...

Here's the deal with Williams. Wanting to see him build on this opportunity the way Hunt did when JC and Spencer went down to injury. He's got to become part of the "Three headed monster" that other teams worried about so much when Hunt was on the team.

And yes, while it's all opinion/speculation/fantasy football guaranteed prediction palm reading....Do think that Hunt could've broken a few more tackles. But we never got to find out because Hunt shot himself in the foot and got sent with a christmas bow to John Dorsey in Cleveland.

Exactly. Those "tangible stats" don't match up with what was seen by way of the of the overhead camera. Damien Williams certainly had his share of good moments, but he was also stopped in critical short yardage situations in 3 different games. They need to employ the other Williams (Darrel) for those short-yardage situations as he runs with more power.

jason1981
07-20-2019, 09:14 PM
Yall are arguing over the rb which I think alot of rb would be successful in Reids offense. The only question is Reid's play calling. Lets not forget Reid has a reputation of misusing the running game. Hunt and William's are both good. Hunt has better contact balance hat gives him the edge but that's all.

jason1981
07-20-2019, 09:15 PM
Also that's why I want to see the rookie rb we drafted ge a good sho at playing time cuz he seems to have the goo contact balance.

brdempsey69
07-21-2019, 12:42 AM
Also that's why I want to see the rookie rb we drafted ge a good sho at playing time cuz he seems to have the goo contact balance.

He (Thompson) looks like he'll most certainly replace DAT. Who knows what he might turn out to be if he gets a chance.

jason1981
07-21-2019, 01:08 AM
He (Thompson) looks like he'll most certainly replace DAT. Who knows what he might turn out to be if he gets a chance.

Dat is listed as a wr. You think they will move Thompson to wr? I didn't think he's that fast? I like both Williams and maybe Thompson can be the 3rd. Carlos hyde might be cut. I'm not sure how many backs we will keep but it will be interesting who makes the final roster.

brdempsey69
07-21-2019, 09:55 AM
Dat is listed as a wr. You think they will move Thompson to wr? I didn't think he's that fast? I like both Williams and maybe Thompson can be the 3rd. Carlos hyde might be cut. I'm not sure how many backs we will keep but it will be interesting who makes the final roster.

I don't believe they will make a WR out of Thompson. DAT often times lined up in the backfield.

jason1981
07-21-2019, 01:00 PM
I don't believe they will make a WR out of Thompson. DAT often times lined up in the backfield.

Well honestly I forgot all about DAT until you mentioned him. I'm not sure who we will all keep at wr or the rb. Think they will be a Few suprise cuts.

brdempsey69
07-21-2019, 09:41 PM
Well honestly I forgot all about DAT until you mentioned him. I'm not sure who we will all keep at wr or the rb. Think they will be a Few suprise cuts.

The WR group is certainly one to watch. In nearly 5 decades, I don't think I've ever seen this much talent & depth at the position on any Chiefs teams in the past.

I will grant you having #15 at QB does elevate them, but this team also did have in the past some pretty respectable passers in the form of Len Dawson and Joe Montana. This WR group that #15 has to work with is hands-down far superior to anything Montana had to work with during Joe's brief stint in KC.

Len Dawson did have the great Otis Taylor back in the day, who was as good as anybody they have now, but Dawson never had a overall group like #15 has right now.

Chiefs4life24
07-22-2019, 10:58 PM
The thing with Hyde is he will be on a short leash he is one injury away from being cut, If he stays healthy he will put up good numbers this year, but if he gets hurt im afraid he will be cut because of it.