PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Ramsey

C Louie
09-17-2019, 06:10 PM
what do we think of all the talk about getting this guy?

matthewschiefs
09-17-2019, 10:39 PM
We need help badly and he would be nice help. But will cost a price. Worth it with this team being so close it's time to go all in this season. GET THE RING that's all that matters for this team

jason1981
09-17-2019, 10:50 PM
Yes 2 ways.

No new contract agreed to chiefs should offer 1st and 3rd round. Then if we dont RESIGN him we can franchise him for a year or trade him for a 1st round then we basically rented him for 2 years for a 3rd pick.

With a new contract then we can offer 2 1st round picks.

I kinda would prefer the no contract option. Longterm kinda worries me for several different reasons.

Seek
09-18-2019, 11:46 AM
Ramsey has been kicked out of a lot of game for fighting. He runs his mouth a lot. I don't like the fact he has more than once said he is looking out for himself only. The fact he wants to play in Las Vegas to avoid taxes tells me he is all about himself and money.

Though as I watched this video from last week. He was sitting on the bench peacefully when his coach came over and said something that was obviously offensive. Two players stood up immediately and backed the coach off which appear to be them supporting Ramsey.

Of all the Chiefs. Hill probably has the biggest reason to be negative about a trade, but he welcomes it. Mathieu is also welcoming it. I am not aware of Ramsey having issues with teammates. Just competitive foes.. I don't think he will be a locker room problem other than a drama diva.

If trading him guarantees us a Superbowl game. I would say the draft picks are worth it. However, the superbowl is a reality next year and the next as well. We may very well get to the superbowl without him. Do we hinder he following years for an improved chance?

jason1981
09-18-2019, 01:58 PM
Ramsey has been kicked out of a lot of game for fighting. He runs his mouth a lot. I don't like the fact he has more than once said he is looking out for himself only. The fact he wants to play in Las Vegas to avoid taxes tells me he is all about himself and money.

Though as I watched this video from last week. He was sitting on the bench peacefully when his coach came over and said something that was obviously offensive. Two players stood up immediately and backed the coach off which appear to be them supporting Ramsey.

Of all the Chiefs. Hill probably has the biggest reason to be negative about a trade, but he welcomes it. Mathieu is also welcoming it. I am not aware of Ramsey having issues with teammates. Just competitive foes.. I don't think he will be a locker room problem other than a drama diva.

If trading him guarantees us a Superbowl game. I would say the draft picks are worth it. However, the superbowl is a reality next year and the next as well. We may very well get to the superbowl without him. Do we hinder he following years for an improved chance?

That's why I prefer my option 1 with no new contract.

C Louie
09-18-2019, 03:40 PM
I don't think anything "guarantees" a superbowl game but I really think he could help. And who knows what happens next year. I say do it as long as it is reasonable. A high first round pick is reasonable enough for me...

Eydugstr
09-18-2019, 04:20 PM

There's the big question. If we were to pass on him, and still make the superbowl somehow, is there anyone that would be available in next year's draft that would be available in the bottom of the first round, that would be just as talented? If not, I'd say roll the dice and go for him.

jason1981
09-18-2019, 05:49 PM
There's the big question. If we were to pass on him, and still make the superbowl somehow, is there anyone that would be available in next year's draft that would be available in the bottom of the first round, that would be just as talented? If not, I'd say roll the dice and go for him.

The issue with drafting a cb this next year means you cant count on a cb this year or even next year. A rookie cb is never a good idea to depend on. If we franchised him that would guarantee 3 years of services from an experienced cb that we need now. All rookies need a year to gain experience and that's the key. I'd say 1st and a 3rd with no new contract and make him earn his next contract if not when we franchise him we can trade him and get our pucks back. It will just be renting a player a few years and still get a 1st round at the end of the whole thing when we trade him.

Bike
09-18-2019, 06:38 PM
Do we really want to buy a championship? A bunch of high-priced free agents (Redskins back in the day - it didn't work). We are a team. Let's stick with what we came out of training camp with. And besides, didn't we recently trade away a corner that had a mouth that wouldn't quit and dissed his coaches?
I say NO.

Chiefs4life24
09-18-2019, 06:49 PM
The Jags want 2 1st round picks in exchance for Ramsey and the Chiefs have already reported they are not interested in Ramsey they like the locker room chemistry and dont want to add him into the situation to mess it up because of how outspoken and volitile he is so in my mind case closed.

Eydugstr
09-18-2019, 10:39 PM
Looks like he's going to play on TNF against the Titans. According to NFL.com, the trade most likely will happen Friday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001056428/article/jalen-ramsey-to-play-thursday-amid-trade-speculation

Seek
09-18-2019, 11:54 PM
The Jags want 2 1st round picks in exchance for Ramsey and the Chiefs have already reported they are not interested in Ramsey they like the locker room chemistry and dont want to add him into the situation to mess it up because of how outspoken and volitile he is so in my mind case closed.

everything I have heard is that the chiefs stance has changed on this. they do want Ramsey butnwill not push hard for him.

Chiefs4life24
09-19-2019, 12:59 AM
A couple Chiefs beat writers two days ago announced on twitter that the Chiefs were out because they didn't want to potentially mess up the locker room chemistry with His antics and they had inside sources to back up their stories. So I don't know where your hearing this from but they said the Chiefs were not Interested. And I personally wouldn't do it either he is a me first guy and not a team leader of men, He is a cancer worse than Marcus Peters and I would rather keep the 2 first round picks.

Seek
09-19-2019, 06:47 AM
A couple Chiefs beat writers two days ago announced on twitter that the Chiefs were out because they didn't want to potentially mess up the locker room chemistry with His antics and they had inside sources to back up their stories. So I don't know where your hearing this from but they said the Chiefs were not Interested. And I personally wouldn't do it either he is a me first guy and not a team leader of men, He is a cancer worse than Marcus Peters and I would rather keep the 2 first round picks.

yes. thst was two days ago. since then others beat writers are saying they have changed that stance. though they are not going to push hard for him.

Seek
09-19-2019, 09:12 AM
So this is a summarized speculation out there from multiple sources over both 610 and 810 radio shows and some Tweets. The Chiefs made an offer for Fitzpatrick but was out bid by the Steelers. The Chiefs have also made an offer to the Jags shortly after he one Chiefs source said the Chiefs are not interested, but the Jags want more. The Chiefs are holding firm with their offer because they don't want to offer up more in picks because they are not sure they can extend Ramsey. At this point, the Chiefs are interested and supposedly the front runner but the Jags don't really want part with Ramsey an not for what has been offered.

MY speculation is that the Chiefs made the comment about the locker room, specifically for HILL because they were asked prior to really having done their due diligence. Immediately after that tweet went out. Hill and Mathieu tweeted to Ramsey to lets go. I believe the locker room concern is less of an issue than the thought.

Chiefs4life24
09-19-2019, 12:37 PM
Every reporter Ive seen on every major sports show has said he is a locker room cancer and more trouble than he is worth because he is a me first guy, So i would rather they pass

jason1981
09-19-2019, 07:04 PM
Every reporter Ive seen on every major sports show has said he is a locker room cancer and more trouble than he is worth because he is a me first guy, So i would rather they pass

That's why it's best to trade with no new contract and then franchise him and trade him and get your pics back at the end. Offer a 1st and a 3rd and maybe a player. Them we have him this year and next and then we franchise him and trade him for a 1st round and more. He will still be in his prime and demand top trade value then maybe even more if Reid gets him to act normal. I would also trade 2 1st if he agreed to an extension 1st but I'd prefer just to rent him for 2 years and be done

Seek
09-20-2019, 08:54 AM
That's why it's best to trade with no new contract and then franchise him and trade him and get your pics back at the end. Offer a 1st and a 3rd and maybe a player. Them we have him this year and next and then we franchise him and trade him for a 1st round and more. He will still be in his prime and demand top trade value then maybe even more if Reid gets him to act normal. I would also trade 2 1st if he agreed to an extension 1st but I'd prefer just to rent him for 2 years and be done
I think this is just a waste of draft picks. If w are not going to sign him. Don't trade for him. We have one CB under contract for 2020. We need a CB for the future. Those picks could be that guy.

Bike
09-20-2019, 12:19 PM
Who's to say Jax even trades him if not offered 2 first round picks..

jason1981
09-20-2019, 02:03 PM
I think this is just a waste of draft picks. If w are not going to sign him. Don't trade for him. We have one CB under contract for 2020. We need a CB for the future. Those picks could be that guy.

Waste of draft picks? We can get them back when we trade him away at the end of his current deal. Maybe get even more if he cleans up his act. Also I'm not to high on chiefs drafting. Speaks, watts, even kpass all have been reached and so far bust though I like kpass but he just now showing up. I dont think chiefs drafting been all that great. Besides if we rent him for 2 years we can get those draft pics back when we franchise him and trade him.

Chiefs4life24
09-20-2019, 02:53 PM
Speaks was starting to dominate before he got hurt

Seek
09-20-2019, 04:32 PM
Waste of draft picks? We can get them back when we trade him away at the end of his current deal. Maybe get even more if he cleans up his act. Also I'm not to high on chiefs drafting. Speaks, watts, even kpass all have been reached and so far bust though I like kpass but he just now showing up. I dont think chiefs drafting been all that great. Besides if we rent him for 2 years we can get those draft pics back when we franchise him and trade him.

Jason, by far one of the best post from you I have ever read. While I don't agree with your opinion on Speak or Kpass, your stance on how to acquire back picks is spot on.

I have a guy at work who Swears he has a contact in the Know... I think he goes to church with a Chiefs back office guy. He said to be prepared for an announcement tonight. The trade has been agreed upon but they are still ironing out stuff.

Now with Brown being cut by the Patriots, I hope the Chiefs don't back out.

distantchief
09-20-2019, 09:53 PM
Why waste 2 first round picks for a first class prick. hes like someone with the flu , you dont want him breathing over your family. if we make that special day in feb then lets get there by working hard not jerking hard. if he is not happy playing football I think DHL are hiring. sure the mans got talent but I am really getting annoyed at pro sports people in all forms thinking they are bigger than the game. sorry had my rant for the week. chiefs to beat ravens and west ham to beat man u this weekend, Paul Pogba my arse.

jason1981
09-20-2019, 10:58 PM
Jason, by far one of the best post from you I have ever read. While I don't agree with your opinion on Speak or Kpass, your stance on how to acquire back picks is spot on.

I have a guy at work who Swears he has a contact in the Know... I think he goes to church with a Chiefs back office guy. He said to be prepared for an announcement tonight. The trade has been agreed upon but they are still ironing out stuff.

Now with Brown being cut by the Patriots, I hope the Chiefs don't back out.

I kept seeing trade announcement would be tonight as well but still nothing so I wonder if it was false. Also about speaks I was never high on him and never liked the pick so I might be a little bias about him but whoever said he was dominating before he got injured is wrong. Kpass already had surpassed him on depth chart. Kpass has the talent to be good atleast unlike speaks. Thanks for the complimentbtw.

jason1981
09-20-2019, 11:45 PM
Speaks was starting to dominate before he got hurt

He was not dominant. He was overweight and playing against backups. I'm glad he on it and not wasting a roster spot. Kpass was ahead of him on the depth chart. I'm not saying kpass is going to he great but atleast he has the talent and flexibility to move around on the dline.

jason1981
09-21-2019, 02:47 AM
Also another way we can get picks back sooner if we did sign ramsey to a longterm deal which means I think we wont RESIGN chris jones so we franchise jones and trade him. I'm not saying I prefer to lose jones. Just a way to gain our picks back.

JPPT1974
09-21-2019, 06:09 PM
Well he is not traded just yet. Either that or making him Jaguars highest paid CB!

jason1981
09-21-2019, 09:11 PM
Well he is not traded just yet. Either that or making him Jaguars highest paid CB!

I'm beginning to think Jalen wont be traded. Or they keeping it very tight lip till after the games not to distract new team from current game.

TopekaRoy
09-21-2019, 09:43 PM
According to the Associated Press the Jaguars "prefer" to keep Ramsey. It looks like nobody is willing to make them an offer they will accept.
https://sports.yahoo.com/ap-source-jaguars-prefer-keep-210006886.html

jason1981
09-21-2019, 11:35 PM
According to the Associated Press the Jaguars "prefer" to keep Ramsey. It looks like nobody is willing to make them an offer they will accept.
https://sports.yahoo.com/ap-source-jaguars-prefer-keep-210006886.html

That might be right but I think they all are just guessing. My guess is there is a trade deal but jags owner wants to stall to see if they can fix the relationship 1st. Also to be honest I was anxious and want the trade but another part of me was worried that if we did trade that it would distract the team from focusing on the ravens. So if there is a deal I kinda hoped it would wait til after the game.

jason1981
09-22-2019, 07:29 PM
Just a idea popped after watching this ravens game. I have not been I pressed at all with frank clark. The other end has even outplayed him. Chris jones is by far our best linemen maybe even defensive player. With clark being such a disappointment so far makes me wonder if we could trade clark for Ramsey. I'm sure we still will need to give up a draft pick but maybe it will be a lessor pick and then that way we can have Ramsey and still able to sign jones to a longterm deal and ramsey if needed. I guess we could try and trade clark in the offseason if chiefs wanted to keep jones over clark. This of course is in theory we traded for ramsey and signed him to a longterm deal. Which means no cap room for jones new deal but I'd rather have ramsey and jones then clark and jones and no ramsey. Clark hasnt done anything and think kpass could do just as much or hell even speaks and you know I'm not high kn speaks. I'd rather take them 2 over clark taking cap space from Jones. I still want Ramsey which is funny cuz a few weeks ago I didnt like Ramsey but more I thought about it the more I want him on our team.

Seek
09-23-2019, 08:58 AM
Just a idea popped after watching this ravens game. I have not been I pressed at all with frank clark. The other end has even outplayed him. Chris jones is by far our best linemen maybe even defensive player. With clark being such a disappointment so far makes me wonder if we could trade clark for Ramsey. I'm sure we still will need to give up a draft pick but maybe it will be a lessor pick and then that way we can have Ramsey and still able to sign jones to a longterm deal and ramsey if needed. I guess we could try and trade clark in the offseason if chiefs wanted to keep jones over clark. This of course is in theory we traded for ramsey and signed him to a longterm deal. Which means no cap room for jones new deal but I'd rather have ramsey and jones then clark and jones and no ramsey. Clark hasnt done anything and think kpass could do just as much or hell even speaks and you know I'm not high kn speaks. I'd rather take them 2 over clark taking cap space from Jones. I still want Ramsey which is funny cuz a few weeks ago I didnt like Ramsey but more I thought about it the more I want him on our team.

I have seen Frank Clark in coverage more than getting pressure on a QB. it is like watching Justin Houston all over again. Lets put a good pass rusher in coverage instead of doing what he does best

jason1981
09-23-2019, 11:31 AM
I have seen Frank Clark in coverage more than getting pressure on a QB. it is like watching Justin Houston all over again. Lets put a good pass rusher in coverage instead of doing what he does best

If that's the case we should have just kept dee ford and saved our draft picks. Though Dee ford has been dealing with injuries in San Francisco as his usual deal.

Coach
09-23-2019, 06:08 PM
Ramsey would be a 1yr rental because we can’t afford him after this year if we plan on keeping Jones and Mahomes. Mahomes is going to be $50mm/yr. Sammy is gone as well. Trading future picks a 1yr rental guy that is a locker room liability is such a poor idea in my opinion. I’m not saying we don’t need help at CB. But mortgaging our future for a guy like Ramsey is a super risky all-in bet.
No thanks for me.

jason1981
09-24-2019, 08:56 PM
Ramsey would be a 1yr rental because we can’t afford him after this year if we plan on keeping Jones and Mahomes. Mahomes is going to be $50mm/yr. Sammy is gone as well. Trading future picks a 1yr rental guy that is a locker room liability is such a poor idea in my opinion. I’m not saying we don’t need help at CB. But mortgaging our future for a guy like Ramsey is a super risky all-in bet.
No thanks for me.

We wouldnt be mortgaging anything if we played our cards right. We would have him this year and next year. If we didnt want to RESIGN him then we can franchise him and trade him and get our draft picks back. Now same exact picks but if Ramsey played and acted great we might even get more in return. Though it's looking like Jags are keeping him.