PDA

View Full Version : Postgame VS Ravens

matthewschiefs
09-22-2019, 04:30 PM
The Ravens were clearly the first big test the Chiefs faced this year. A very good team with a good D. Without our starting LT #1WR things could have very well gone bad for the Chiefs but they didn't let it stop them

Offense. WOW! Just WOW. Doing what they did against one of the top Ds in the league. I asked this on in the gamethread HOW DO YOU STOP THIS OFFENSE?

Patrick Mahomes is making an impact on more then the offense. Make no mistake the reason that the Ravens kept going for 2 was because they knew from the very start that they had to keep up with Mahomes. Mahomes has reached the point where other teams are just scared to face him. And he is only in his 2nd year starting.

Mahomes got bailed out on a throw to Watkins. Watkins just went and took the ball from a defender. That's what having playmakers can do for you. Sometimes having a Playmaker and weapons can make a QB look better. That's what happened on that throw. I beat this horse for years. I am glad we are seeing it week after week. We have guys LOOKING to make plays it's a great thing to see.

Hardman was a huge impact on this game. Great to see from a rookie. And getting Hill back will make things better for him. Again that is scary for the rest of the NFL.

The defense. They had some things go against them. There was some luck that went into some of the late points that the Ravens put up. A horrible non call on the OPI. What's the point in having that reviewable if you are still going to mess up the call? There was some luck on a downfield pass on the following drive. A 50/50 ball bounced their way. Hey these things happen.

That being said tackling was a major concern today. They had runners stopped but missed tackles way to often in that game. The Ravens have a pretty good RB core (Even play one at QB) But you have to MAKE THE TACKLES. That has to get fixed. I did think the coverage was pretty solid today for the most part. But they still have a lot of work to do. We knew this was going to be a work in progress. And they played pretty well for a good amount of that game allowing us to get the big lead. But they can't let up like that. Just can't happen.

I have a road trip with my Brother who is a Ravens fan. I was not looking forward to it if the game went the other way. Instead I got a text that said "Mahomes can eat a (Well you can imagine the rest)" That's what it's like to have to play against Patrick Mahomes.

On to another road game next week. The Lions are not a pushover. They beat the Chargers Lets make sure we take care of business. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jason1981
09-22-2019, 05:48 PM
I think Frank Clark is overrated. That last td scramble from Jackson was cuz clark went for the sack instead of containment and failed. He has been the weak link on the line. Jones, okafar and even nadia has all outshined clark in 3 weeks.

jason1981
09-22-2019, 07:19 PM
I think Frank Clark is overrated. That last td scramble from Jackson was cuz clark went for the sack instead of containment and failed. He has been the weak link on the line. Jones, okafar and even nadia has all outshined clark in 3 weeks.

My bad meant ougba guy. I get them two mixed up.

Eydugstr
09-23-2019, 12:06 AM
Wow, just watched the DVR of this game...fun game to watch. This was one of those games that is packed full of great catches by both teams. Demarcus Robinson's one handed TD grab was awesome.

For some reason the refs didn't want to flag late hits in this game.

Offensively thought we really responded well, after such a slow start. Am getting a little concerned about the O-line, but thought everyone got better as the game went along. There were a lot of points left on the field though, that missed TD to Hardman especially.

Defensively there were times I thought we were doing better (seemed like we were getting more passes defended in this game than in the previous two) but there were also times we really screwed up (missed tackles). Sometimes I thought that the missed tackles were just guys not holding their lanes, but other times just thought it was the fact Lamar Jackson is a great scrambler.

matthewschiefs
09-23-2019, 12:52 AM
Wow, just watched the DVR of this game...fun game to watch. This was one of those games that is packed full of great catches by both teams. Demarcus Robinson's one handed TD grab was awesome.

For some reason the refs didn't want to flag late hits in this game.

Offensively thought we really responded well, after such a slow start. Am getting a little concerned about the O-line, but thought everyone got better as the game went along. There were a lot of points left on the field though, that missed TD to Hardman especially.

Defensively there were times I thought we were doing better (seemed like we were getting more passes defended in this game than in the previous two) but there were also times we really screwed up (missed tackles). Sometimes I thought that the missed tackles were just guys not holding their lanes, but other times just thought it was the fact Lamar Jackson is a great scrambler.

Defensively I thought the coverage was better then we have seen in a long time.

The missed tackles is the biggest concern I took out of this game. They just can't let that happen.

Seek
09-23-2019, 10:14 AM
right now, my biggest desire is a true MLB that will dominate against the run.

jason1981
09-23-2019, 11:29 AM
right now, my biggest desire is a true MLB that will dominate against the run.

I think Neuman has been playing more cuz hiw bad lee been playing. I dont think lee will still be starting by the end of the season.

Seek
09-23-2019, 01:22 PM
I think Neuman has been playing more cuz hiw bad lee been playing. I dont think lee will still be starting by the end of the season.

Lee and Newman don't play the same position. They both come in together on third down packages. They are better coverage line backers. Ben has been replacing Hitchens in passing situations.

Watching the Ravens run the ball right up the middle for 8 to 15 yards a pop was eye opening at how horrific our line backers are.

jason1981
09-23-2019, 06:03 PM
Lee and Newman don't play the same position. They both come in together on third down packages. They are better coverage line backers. Ben has been replacing Hitchens in passing situations.

Watching the Ravens run the ball right up the middle for 8 to 15 yards a pop was eye opening at how horrific our line backers are.

Now that you mentioned that. I knew that
Lol. O remember reading that last week that he came in for hitchens. I dont know why I thought it was for lee. I dont think lee is playing that well either.